• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC Revamp [thx for the feedback <3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I am not for either forcing somebody to add information in the form of prefixes, OT's/ID's. I'd at least like the people if they are doing a shop to list the friend codes of what they are trading on for the sake of them not having to reiterate what they are trading on all the time. But that also seems to fall under forcing people to use suffixes and OT/IDs. As far as users providing more of their own OT in EV shops I think we should leave it up to the user themselves instead of making a ruling on it. Yes putting stuff of their own in circulation is a good thing, but I think we should let the users decide on the amount since it is their shop after all. And I am for the 16-20 rage.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Look at all these ideas!

Thank you everyone for your participation. This is an honest to goodness opportunity to voice your opinion about changes you'd like to see in this section. Some ideas are stellar and some just aren't needed at the moment, true. It's better to be heard than to be silent.

Also, the sooner we iron out the kinks, the sooner we can reap from the benefits of change. Suggestions with much support and little opposition are likely to be in effect soon.

PokéSwimmer: If it's not a problem, you can prepare a guide for PPRNG. I don't know of a written guide for it because I don't use it.

dragonomega: I was hoping to include shop layout under the Helpful Guides thread.

DarkAlucard: The reason why a Hack Check + Clone sticky would be separate because 1. Hack Checking needs experienced users who can interpret the results and 2. If someone needs EV/Evolution/Tradeback/Poketranfer services, he can clone his Pokemon in advance, thus minimizing damages if the service provider scams. When he needs a Cloning service, he is giving up his last copy. The cloning thread is going to have "veteran" service providers and be regulated. No strangers. Hope this clarifies where we're going with this open-cloning idea. Open yet monitored. (I imagine that clients will post their needs and the official cloners can post if they can serve someone much like how I/blaQk did in the hack check thread). As for the reward for their service... I didn't ask for anything in return, but it's going to be up to the individual Official Cloner. An additional Misc Service Quick Sticky is still up for discussion. Right now it doesn't have much support.

If I mis-tallied, oops! Some of you guys aren't making your posts as clear as day

Overall Suggestions

Spoiler:

Not open for member discussion

Spoiler:

Yeah, now that I see it this way, seems the best way to work this out.
This gonna be big!!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Ok time to get back into the discussion.

Look at all these ideas!

Thank you everyone for your participation. This is an honest to goodness opportunity to voice your opinion about changes you'd like to see in this section. Some ideas are stellar and some just aren't needed at the moment, true. It's better to be heard than to be silent.

I love how you are actually getting involved in this discussion, no sarcasm intended. I have been on other forums, not just gaming, where the owner/admin/general mods did not even stop the obviously 'bad' happenings, smut posts member bashing general disregard for the "rules".

So thank you for that/this. (if this sounds like a suck-up moment it is not)

Also, the sooner we iron out the kinks, the sooner we can reap from the benefits of change. Suggestions with much support and little opposition are likely to be in effect soon.

I am really looking forward to the changes that are happening.

PokéSwimmer: If it's not a problem, you can prepare a guide for PPRNG. I don't know of a written guide for it because I don't use it.

I believe that this means RNG help is one that will be in effect? I sure hope so.

dragonomega: I was hoping to include shop layout under the Helpful Guides thread.

Agreed, I would really have liked to have this when I first started. Even now my thread is below average/down right atrocious compared to many others.

The cloning thread is going to have "veteran" service providers and be regulated. No strangers. Hope this clarifies where we're going with this open-cloning idea. Open yet monitored. (I imagine that clients will post their needs and the official cloners can post if they can serve someone much like how I/blaQk did in the hack check thread). As for the reward for their service... I didn't ask for anything in return, but it's going to be up to the individual Official Cloner.

I believe that one big question is going to be what being a 'veteran' service provider is going to entail the strangers part is along the same line. If it is a matter of number of posts then it would be a problem for those that only use the trade thread, posts do not count to the total. Length of time on PC? Well I suppose this would work, but there are many here that just joined and are very good at what they do, just pointing it out.

Payment wise, I agree with what you said, it should be decided by the cloner, but within certain limits, nothing like "Give me 3 flawless per clone" be reasonable. Most would go for keeping a copy or something.

An additional Misc Service Quick Sticky is still up for discussion. Right now it doesn't have much support.

I do not believe that this should be implemented. Although it would be easier to monitor, same could be said about doing it within shops. Post that you have the service and go from there, mods coming in to check on them, or make a complaint sticky...forget that.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Was this to long of a reply?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Just gonna add my for/against on some of the suggestions that I didn't before.

Official Cloning + Hack Checking Sticky Thread (regulated, outlined, prerequisites, no strangers cloning your Pokemon!)
For: twistedpuppy, Kenshin5, RoseBlade, dragonomega, Livewire, johnny18,
Against:
Graveyard sub-forum
For: Kenshin5, Eldena, dragonomega, PokéSwimmer, twistedpuppy, Livewire, DarkAlucard
Against:
Not Sure: johnny18
Multiple sub-forums
For:
Against: dragonomega
Not Sure: Kenshin5, Pokemon Game Fan
Helpful Guides Sticky (one thread includes topics: thread presentation, RNG, EV, IV)
For: Eldena, PokéSwimmer, RoseBlade, twistedpuppy, Kenshin5, Livewire, dragonomega
Against:
Quick Trade Misc Services Sticky Thread
For: dragonomega
Against: twistedpuppy, Kenshin5
Required Prefix/Generation for all Trade Threads
For: sunwriter, Pokemon Game Fan
Against: Kenshin5, Alternative, PokéSwimmer, dragonomega
Daily Trade Corner chit + Question/RNG help thread
For: johnny18, Kenshin5, dragonomega
Against:
Increasing minimum number of Pokemon in thread
For: dragonomega, twistedpuppy, Kenshin, johnny18, PokéSwimmer
Against:
^I'm not liking "15" because that still includes "starters" sooo 16 or 20 as the minimum, right?
Include OT/ID of all Pokemon in Shop
For: Pokemon Game Fan
Against: Kenshin5, dragonomega
^As useful as this is, it echoes the same issue with enforcing Generation, etc. If we make the rule applicable to EVd shops only instead of all shops, maybe it will balance itself out. Dedicated EVd shop owners are pressured to list everything.
Increase amount of your OT in EVd Shops
For: PokéSwimmer
Against: Keshin5, dragonomega

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
That's highly impractical, or probable. Some pokemon such as events the IV's and EV's aren't even necessary to list. Most people are against the listing of prefixes, OT/ID of some or your own pokemon then surely having them enforce this on all of them is not going to happen.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
Make people list IVs/EVs/Natures on ALL Pokemon...

Some people cant list IVs and EVs because they don't know enough about them while others don't know how to calculate them so your idea isn't very good IMO although I think all posters "should" display their FCs if they want to trade so theres no You: "alright whats your FC"
20 minutes later
Other person : " oh I was in the wifi room waiting heres my FC.........."

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Look at all these ideas!
I can do that once I have time (i.e. when I have a weekend with no homework). I'll try to make it as professional looking as possible, but I'd still need someone to proofread it once it is done though.

• Self-edit trade thread titles:
    Titles can be abused when staff aren't on so as a prude, I am opposed to this; however, I am open to allowing self-edit of the Gen4/5 Prefix.
Yeah, I understand. If you do end up allowing Self-Editing of prefixes, would it also be possible to add a "Giveaway" prefix?

Overall Suggestions
  • Increase amount of your OT in EVd Shops
    Against: Keshin5, dragonomega (added this in from the above post)
I'd like to state my case here: The rule for the amount of your OT in EV/IV shops is currently Five. It used to be ten a little while ago (idk why it was changed). I just want it to be restored to what it used to be. This rule would pretty much be to prevent people from stocking their shops with mostly Pokémon that have been cloned and redistributed to practically everyone (i.e. Mat, some others). It is unhealthy for the Trade Corner and it drives people away from trading here, as evidenced by these posts in TC Daily Chit Chat (from a little while back). With all of the new RNG guides that are going to be coming up, it should be easy enough to stock your shop with your own Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
I'd like to state my case here: The rule for the amount of your OT in EV/IV shops is currently Five. It used to be ten a little while ago (idk why it was changed). I just want it to be restored to what it used to be. This rule would pretty much be to prevent people from stocking their shops with mostly Pokémon that have been cloned and redistributed to practically everyone (i.e. Mat, some others). It is unhealthy for the Trade Corner and it drives people away from trading here, as evidenced by these posts in TC Daily Chit Chat (from a little while back). With all of the new RNG guides that are going to be coming up, it should be easy enough to stock your shop with your own Pokémon.

My only concern with this is that it will drive away the a lot of the people here. I personally believe that the majority of the people that visit PC are, and I use the term lightly, noobs. I have seen many 'traders' that are on for a day or so and leave after getting what they want.

While there are many 'pro' trainers here, myself not included, there are more that are casual gamers. As the rise for IV/EV pokemon goes up people will enter the site and say 'What the heck are those.' go through the guides, think that it is to much trouble and leave.The guides will only help those that want to get into the game not the casual gamer.

What I believe will happen is that there will be a decrease in shops and an increase/flood in the Quick Trade, along with an increase in Elite traders and a decrease in over all active members.

So while yes I am getting annoyed in finding the same OT on many of the pokemon that I trade, I believe that increasing the amount needed in a shop would be detrimental over all in the long run for the site in its entirety. So overall I have to say I am against.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
My only concern with this is that it will drive away the a lot of the people here. I personally believe that the majority of the people that visit PC are, and I use the term lightly, noobs. I have seen many 'traders' that are on for a day or so and leave after getting what they want.

While there are many 'pro' trainers here, myself not included, there are more that are casual gamers. As the rise for IV/EV pokemon goes up people will enter the site and say 'What the heck are those.' go through the guides, think that it is to much trouble and leave.The guides will only help those that want to get into the game not the casual gamer.

What I believe will happen is that there will be a decrease in shops and an increase/flood in the Quick Trade, along with an increase in Elite traders and a decrease in over all active members.

So while yes I am getting annoyed in finding the same OT on many of the pokemon that I trade, I believe that increasing the amount needed in a shop would be detrimental over all in the long run for the site in its entirety. So overall I have to say I am against.

Uhhh, casual gamers usually don't care about IVs and EVs. The rule (as it stands now) only applies to IV/EV shops. Dex filler shops, egg move shops, and such are not included under the rule. If they want to stock a flawless Pokémon or two (not of their OT) in their shop that should be fine, as long as it does not become the primary focus of their shop. Also, notice that IV and EV shops are lumped into the same category. If someone really wants to start a shop, the Pokémon they stock don't have to be just flawless, they can be EV trained as well.

Regardless, the barrier to entry for "newbies" that you speak of is already there with the current rule (minimum of 5), so I really don't see your point here.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Uhhh, casual gamers usually don't care about IVs and EVs. The rule (as it stands now) only applies to IV/EV shops. Dex filler shops, egg move shops, and such are not included under the rule. If they want to stock a flawless Pokémon or two (not of their OT) in their shop that should be fine, as long as it does not become the primary focus of their shop. Also, notice that IV and EV shops are lumped into the same category. If someone really wants to start a shop, the Pokémon they stock don't have to be just flawless, they can be EV trained as well.

Regardless, the barrier to entry for "newbies" that you speak of is already there with the current rule (minimum of 5), so I really don't see your point here.

What I am saying is that if the 'newbies' see that there are shops that are searching for IV/EVd pokes they will be scared off when they find out what it is and how to obtain them.

If by chance a shop opens that's focus is IV/EV and the person in question does not have the required amount of pokes, it would be a simple matter to explain to the person that they need to have the required amount of them. Same applies even if the limit is raised.

Regardless I do understand where you are coming from, your argument is valid, and I do not see either of us changing our standing I would like to offer a solution to this.

You have more of a point than I do, your side of the argument being more withstanding, and the fact that I would love to see more people both reading and using the new guides that we will hopefully be getting. Added to the fact that you are one that would be writing a guide yourself, as I am lead to believe, along with your pointing out that we have lost some very good traders because of this, I am willing change my standing on this subject to For rather than against. I will also try and gain support towards this endeavor in any way I can. Agreed?

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Kinda delayed I guess, but here is What I support and do not support and why (of course, my stuff will be bolded.)

Official Cloning + Hack Checking Sticky Thread (regulated, outlined, prerequisites, no strangers cloning your Pokemon!)
For: twistedpuppy, Kenshin5, RoseBlade, dragonomega, Livewire, johnny18, Kirozane
Against:
Pretty much everything has been listed, but I think sticking the two together would be a good idea. "Can you check this, and maybe clone it once or twice if it checks out?" and whatnot. XD
Graveyard sub-forum
For: Kenshin5, Eldena, dragonomega, PokéSwimmer, twistedpuppy, Livewire, DarkAlucard, Kirozane
Against:
Not Sure: johnny18
It really sounds like a good idea, and something to push for. I'm already tired of looking through locks and thread shadows to find whatever one it is I seek. XD If it is at all possible, I say do it!
Multiple sub-forums
For:
Against: dragonomega, Kirozane
Not Sure: Kenshin5, Pokemon Game Fan
This doesn't sound like a good idea in the slightest. Seems like a lot more clutter, and more things than necessary to remain conscious of.
Helpful Guides Sticky (one thread includes topics: thread presentation, RNG, EV, IV)
For: Eldena, PokéSwimmer, RoseBlade, twistedpuppy, Kenshin5, Livewire, dragonomega, Kirozane
Against:
I don't see why this shouldn't be done. Each generation has an RNG, EV and IV guide in the FAQ section (S'where I learned BW RNG, not gonna lie) but if it were all conveniently grouped where its results were most seen it would probably make things easier.
Quick Trade Misc Services Sticky Thread
For: dragonomega
Against: twistedpuppy, Kenshin5
Not Sure: Kirozane
Sure having one QTT is nice but it does get quickly cluttered, and posts gets pushed back and from there forgotten if they haven't already been dealt with. And a second would also be more for poor TB to keep track of on her own. So really this is a bit of a win-lose. So I will perch on the fence here.

Required Prefix/Generation for all Trade Threads
For: sunwriter, Pokemon Game Fan
Against: Kenshin5, Alternative, PokéSwimmer, dragonomega, Kirozane
Maybe if it were 4th gen only. But if you are doing 5th gen only or possibly both IV and V it shouldn't really be necessary considering 5th gen is the current stage and thus where most traders will "perform" so to speak.

Daily Trade Corner chit + Question/RNG help thread
For: johnny18, Kenshin5, dragonomega, Kirozane
Against:
This should be specified, regardless of if the guide sticky doesn't make an appearance. Because even with the guide(s) these will probably still be questions. Though some people would probably end up saying "go to the guides", which would be a kind of rude answer.
Increasing minimum number of Pokemon in thread
For: dragonomega, twistedpuppy, Kenshin, johnny18, PokéSwimmer, Kirozane
Against:
As Dragon stated, 15 is a bit too low considering people could still be all "STARTERS!!!" But to expand, it should be 15 different lines maybe (discluding branch evos) so the people can't just toss in evolved starters with the unevolved.
Include OT/ID of all Pokemon in Shop
For: Pokemon Game Fan
Against: Kenshin5, dragonomega, Kirozane
Again, in agreement with Dragon here. If you are "devoted" for lack of better word, to your EV/IV shop you will be posting OT/ID as it is. Though it would help a little so as to avoid someone trading pokemon on the hack list. But the odds of that happening are kind of slim.

Increase amount of your OT in EVd Shops
Against: Keshin5, dragonomega, Kirozane
The amount it's at is alright. I myself have kept it almost strictly to my OT, and not cluttered it. XD
It'll be easier to get a start at a low number, as long as updationals happen every now and again with your OT to increase your count.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Hmmm..... what about a Black list for the whole of Trade Corner and maybe a White list too?

People post on the thread if they've received Hacks or had bad experiences and the named user will be added to the black list. As for the White list people can post on the thread users that have been generous or trustworthy, if that user gets their name posted on the thread lets say three times they are added to the White list :)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Seems like something could lead to a potentially flame war. If the member has an issue take it up with the Staff not air your discourse with them to the public. I am not for a forum black list or black lists in peoples topics in that matter.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Hmmm..... what about a Black list for the whole of Trade Corner and maybe a White list too?

People post on the thread if they've received Hacks or had bad experiences and the named user will be added to the black list. As for the White list people can post on the thread users that have been generous or trustworthy, if that user gets their name posted on the thread lets say three times they are added to the White list :)
I think we already talk about it about it,Greg, and TwilightBlade stated that it is no longer for open discussion

Spoiler:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It's already been mentioned before and it didn't go down well. It can often lead to people being neglected from some simple misunderstanding, or elitism in newer players as in if you're not on the whitelist, you're not a good trader. Having personal lists shows who the player finds trustworthy and not based on their judgement, since everyone is different.

As for one more idea; the increasing the amount of Pokemon, sure people can go starters only, but that only means you have to increase the amount of work people put in for other Pokemon. Those sorts of people who are just starting something like RNG abuse and want to put their Pokemon up. I don't want to make it confusing, but maybe have exceptions for the type of Pokemon they're allowed to put up? It could be so people who put hard work into their Pokemon, such as Egg Moves, IV'd Pokemon etc. don't have to put up as many Pokemon for trade as those who have say, random starters, which mind you they still have to work for.

tl;dr I'm in the not sure section, leaning towards against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back