• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign
Sovereign quickly realized that the dawn was upon him, and he had not slept at all. Yet, despite this, he found himself completely awake and full of energy. He had been staring at his grim trophy for hours. Something about the dangling Lucario unnerved him deeply. But, they had already decided to put the body on display, as a message, so he left it as he departed to meet with the rest of the sentinels, as they surely would be soon.

When he arrived, he found that Deluge and Sentry had joined them, and that there was an unfamiliar Sableye among them. He paid no mind, as he was sure there was a good reason. Somehow he felt comfortable with the Sableye's presence. A sort of resonance between them that he had never noticed in the presence of other Pokemon. Was this a result of the Darkness of which Varren had spoken?

"The King of Thieves can now be found in front of Cape City. I think you'll find that his placement is perfect." An air of pride was carried by his words, yet it was unintentional. "Now does anyone know what we're doing here? Why we can't attack the Gold Tribe yet?"

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit
"Newest Sentinel?" Genevieve spat in the direction of the little Sableye, as she lorded the statue over him. "The requirements must be dropping by the day," she scoffed and dropped the statue behind him with a resounding thud that could be heard throughout the construct. "I don't care who he is," her attention turned to Sentry with a most distasteful look. "Keep him out of my way, or we will be down one more Sentinel and I don't necessarily mean him." Genevieve glowered as company continued to pile in around them, her hands clenching and head dropping in resigned annoyance.

It was about to become a Sentinel meet and greet and she hardly had the time, nor patience for such an occasion. If these ones wanted to waste time with one another, all the better. What struck her at that moment, was how truly tired she was. A nearby window gave her the indication that sleep would no longer be possible this day. Rays of light were already breaking through the natural shroud of darkness on the horizon. Daybreak was coming and there were things to be done. The previous night had not been restful at all, there was hardly any sleep to be had after her...activities. Vera had ambushed her and threatened her, a mistake Genevieve promised would most certainly be one of her last and now Snype. This repugnant little cretin had lingered in wait, in the shadows like a coward. Probably eavesdropping on her conversation with the other woman. How much did he really know? Vera knowing was enough, but Snype might not be as discreet as herself. Should his loose lips reach the ears of another, Sovereign for example, he might very well sink her proverbial ship.

"Cedric," she addressed the Castform with his proper name, a habit of hers attributed to her dislike of titles. "I can assure you, this meeting is both unplanned and unwanted. This company is found to be both lacking and tiresome. All offense intended," she sneered in the direction of Snype. "I will say it has been long since our last encounter, I do assume you to be well, of course. You are alive after all."

Sovereign seemed to boast about his accomplished mission of mounting the thieve's body. Had it taken him so bloody long, so as to him just not returning? Did the idiot forget how to tie a rope? Giggling to herself, she didn't deem the prospect entirely impossible. She did in fact, not hold his mental faculties in the highest regard, even if she was mistaken. Yet the beast was anxious, as were they all. His insatiable lust for battle was made known in only few moments of his speaking. She could not disagree with him on this point, the Gold Tribe needed to be dealt with and soon. Without even realizing her discomfort at being around him, she edged slowly farther away from his reach. Her memory still vivid with the details of his hand wrapped firmly around her neck. It wasn't that she feared him, no, it was that she thought it better to play it safe. There was no telling when he could "change" or what might trigger it. According to her own knowledge and Vera's, he did in fact have a weakness for her and it might be better that she kept her distance.

"I, like you," she spoke to Sovereign across the way, "am perplexed as to Auron's patience. I guess we shall all know in time why we are here."​

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype

Snype kept his large grin going as Genevieve dropped the statue down beside him. He hadn't changed his expression at all but was still extremely amused. Suddenly several others began to join in and it was suddenly becoming one big meeting! Snype just wanted to say to himself that it was just his charisma that was attracting everybody to him. After all, he was the new guy! And boy was he making an entrance! Already a thorn on ones side and that was enough to satisfy him! A cast form flew up to him and questioned his identity. Snype simply snickered.

"Kehehe, I happen to be the newest Sentinel of the bunch! You wouldn't believe how much I had to work just to get up in rank with all of you! Its a long story! But I've been helping the lot of you for a lonngg time now. Ever wonder why you all have been one step ahead of the Gold Tribe so much lately? Kehehe. You can thank your fellow spy for that, now working full time!" Snype bragged. "But hey, good to meet ya! I can sleep soundly knowing I'm not the smallest sentinel here! Kehehe, no offense of courrsee." Snype joked, snickering a bit.

Genevieve was still pretty angry which only made Snype more amused. "Awww down one more Sentinel? We're getting along so well though! Kehehe... try me! I can give ya a little one two or so!" Snype taunted, holding his fists up and jumping side to side as if wanting to pick a fight. He was mostly joking but at this point the girl could break! Thankfully Snype quickly got distracted when Sovereign entered. Snype gave a large smile toward him and crawled over to him quickly.

"And here he is! The big man himself! The one who took the Kings crown and smashed it straight into his skull! I gotta say its an honor meeting you! What was it like? Did he scream? Beg for mercy? Oh oh! I gotta see him on our way out! Hey, if I poke at him hard enough you think an arm will fall off? Oh! oh!! You could autograph it! Then I could hit Pokemon with it for fun! Or kill them with enough force! Kehehehe..." Snype said, demented as ever.

Snype didn't know about Auron's recent orders since he just arrived at his own accord at all but from what he could gather, Auron didn't take an opportunity to take out the Gold Tribe when they were open. While everybody else was denying his judgement, Snype's twisted mind had a different perspective on things.

"Well... I don't know why you guys haven't gone after them by now when they're wide open but maybe there's a bigger scheme behind it all! Perhaps he wants to do more then wipe them out. Sure, we could march down and destroy all of them, but what would stop another group of Pokemon from doing the exact same thing? Perhaps he has a permanent solution so that nobody goes against the Silver Tribe again. Kehehe... perhaps he has a plan to convert them to our side in some ingenious way rather then kill them? Just going through the possibilities! Oh oh! MAYBE we could poison their leader! Without a leader they'll scatter around like little children in a playground! And it'll be like playing hide and seek! Only you kill the Pokemon you find! OH OH! OR MAYBE..." Snype continued to go through more gruesome ways to end the Gold Tribe. He was getting... uncomfortably creative at this point. He was like a child. A demented unstable monster of a child. He honestly had no clue what Auron had planned and still questioned his movement, but Snype sure hopped he was a part of it! He just wanted to kill something! Maybe slowly this time... with Toxic! That'll cause some panic!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign was caught off guard by the sableye's behavior. His constant smile left him uneasy, as it was also the signature behavior of his own past demon. He felt compelled to ask, but decided against it for the time being. He had enough on his mind without worrying about Varren. The silver tribe was once again whole, and even filled Frosts old position within the Sentinels.

As he listened to the ramblings of the Sableye, he found himself disgusted, not by the Sableye's behavior, but by the fact that he found himself enjoying the descriptions. Sovereign certainly loved brutality on the battlefield, but preferred a real fight. So why did he find all of this talk of poison make him excited? He did not like what was happening to him. He should have had more control than this. So why...?

'Shut up!' Sovereign shouted, his voice echoing with the malice and hate that was welling up inside. 'The King of thieves did not beg for his life, and he did not scream. He may have been a thief, but at least he fought until the end. He died with what little honor he had in tact. Do not speak ill of the dead.' The outburst seemed quite out of context by now, and he certainly wasn't sure why he had done so. But he was relieved to know that his old self was still alive, even in the wake of the rising darkness within him.

Megaman765

Years
Snype immediately stopped and frowned. Tch... for a tribe that was focused on destroying everything in their way the Silver Tribe sure had a weak stomach. How amusing. He quickly gave off his large piercing smile and crossed his arms. He had a bit of a grudge with the King himself.

"Kehehe, oh don't mind me. I was a thief once myself. I was working under the King. He could have listened to me and avoided an untimely death but nooooo! He had to miss a perfect opportunity to work along side you all! Now he's a trophy dangling there waiting for some Pidgey to feed off of him! Or maybe some Spearow... oh maybe some bigger bird Pokemon! Or maybe... *ahem*... Kehehe... oh apologies, I'm getting all giddy again!" Snype said. He snickered again. "Does this mean I can't beat up Pokemon with his arm?" He joked. He found death to be a form of art, just a lost one. Snype loved to get creative with how he could take out his target. He ws actually considering beating someone to death with the King's arm. It would be so fitting if it was another thief! That would just be perfect.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~
Hanso spent the remaining time before morning thinking. Okay, so it seemed that part of him wanted to strike back at Sovereign because the Tyranitar had broken his arm. He'd already determined, though, that such revenge was ridiculous, since a broken arm can heal back. What other reasons, then? Hanso already knew that by becoming stronger, it would be easier for the Gold Tribe to fight the Sentinels in open combat. They had already gotten rid of four Sentinels, freed a torturehouse's prisoners, and liberated two cities.

So, Hanso could look at this as his way of getting stronger. Yet, he still felt like there was more to it. His mind toyed with the idea that, since the Blaziken had said that Sovereign didn't like losing control, maybe... Not so sure it would be helping him. He probably wouldn't see it as helping, anyways. So why else? Hanso frowned to himself, thinking it through. He didn't like what he saw. This whole idea of his had sprung mainly from fighting Sovereign and having his telepathic network broken into by Genevieve. Hanso wanted to learn how to fight without arm-blades; he also wanted a rematch with Sovereign, but not so much. Yet what he'd thought of wouldn't have occurred if Genevieve hadn't talked to him in the first place. Maybe...

You fool. It just wouldn't be possible, not now. Hanso almost wanted the real reason for his recent actions to be based off of his doubts about the Gold Tribe. Penance had brought up a few good points about it. I don't have a real reason to want to leave the Gold Tribe, though. The closest thing would be the fact that we'd lied to Penance. Which wasn't good enough. Oddly, this subject brought Kivir the Breloom into mind. He'd seemed almost like he could have been a member of the Gold Tribe, but that was because of his actions and fighting ability.

Speaking of which... Morning had come, and the rest of the group was beginning to wake up. Since he was already awake, Hanso rose earlier than many of the others and ate his own breakfast silently, glancing over as the Keeper shook Zane awake. Once he was done, Hanso stood and walked over to the Bisharp, noting Accatosh as he stood over the three youngsters. "A bit of your time, Vigil?" Hanso asked, indicating the edge of camp with his head.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Plains of Valkaria

The egg was bright green. It was a small, bright green egg with some yellow markings on the sides. In the morning sun, it gleamed an untainted gold. Paladin had found this egg during his trip through Thieves Forest two months ago. It was alone, abandoned in the woods, motherless. Paladin then decided it was better to take it than to let some Sneasel gobble it up. Ever since, he had been eagerly waiting for it to hatch. As he walked along the plains of Valkaria, he held the egg in his palm, the egg looking minuscule compared to his giant hand.

Paladin, a former member of the Gold Tribe, had first awoken in a barren desert known as the Wastes of Will to find the world in chaos. Remembering nothing of his past, he discovered that half of his body was colored a sickly grey, and that vision in his left eye had become darker, making the world seem more moody. After a harrowing journey, he found himself in a Refugee camp. Since then, he has been travelling from refugee camp to refugee camp. It has been a year since then, and Paladin is still searching. Searching for his past. The only thing that was left to him was a tattered, burned Gold Tribe symbol, which he kept hidden away from the Ancients in his satchel. Then, he found the egg. The green egg represented something that Paladin could care for, something that had a future, and it gave him new-found purpose. In a sense, it was his exact opposite, since it had its whole life awaiting it, while he had already spent his, and was trying to get it back.

Paladin traveled with three companions. At the front of the group was an egotistical Ursaring known as Kromp. Kromp saw himself as the leader of the group, though really, there was none. Kromp and Paladin disliked each other greatly, but for the sake of the other Pokemon in the group, had to put up with each other. Travelling alongside Paladin was a Linoone known as Ryte. Ryte would often complain that the other members of the group were slowing her down, and that she would already have arrived at Cape City if they weren't tagging along. The group's destination was Cape City simply because it seemed like the safest place to be right now. If they stayed out of the Ancients' way, then they would be protected by the city's walls. The final member of the group, and the only one keeping the other members sane, was Frilly, a cheery young Azumarill who tried his best to keep the others from sinking into depression. As for Paladin himself, he was too busy thinking to bother with the other members. That, and the drumbeat. The constant drumbeat in his head. "Dum dum dum dum," just four beats, playing on a loop. It sounded almost like war drums. ...War drums! That was it! Why hadn't he thought of this before? The drums must have been war drums he had heard somewhere. He must have participated in a battle of some sort. But where? "Yes!" he bellowed, not thinking, feeling great about his new realization. This could bring him one step closer to finding out about his past.

Just then, he noticed all the other Pokemon looking up at him in concern. Even Frilly, in his cheerful attitude, was confused. Afterwards, Ryte quickly resumed talking to Frilly, who put on his best smile and continued the conversation, but Kromp just kept on looking. A look of disdain on his face, although it was hard to see, as the sun was only just coming up, and the Ursaring was exactly a meter shorter than Paladin himself. Kromp grunted disapprovingly, and turned away.

Cape City was coming into view. The city's walls were big, but not that big. On one of his trips, Paladin had seen Gold City, which was far more magnificent than this place. Though Cape did deserve some recognition, it could hardly compete with the giant walls of Gold - or rather, Silver - city. All the refugees were coming to Cape for different reasons, most simply to survive, but Paladin wanted to visit a mysterious figure he had heard of who stayed there. This Pokemon was said to have many connections all around the region, and could even do what they wanted under the nose of the Silver Tribe. Paladin gathered that a Pokemon with so many friends would surely know of someone that knew about his past. Perhaps a surviving Gold Tribe member? He didn't know.

Suddenly, something rose from the ground. From the back of the group, Paladin couldn't make out what it was, though it was seemingly brown in color and had a rounded head. Kromp seemed to be in a conversation with it. Paladin walked ahead to see that it was a Diglett. Kromp was having a discussion with it, though Paladin wasn't listening to them. He walked up to the two, and interrupting Kromp, asked "Who are you?" in a commanding tone. "Why, I'm just an innocent passerby," the Diglett coaxed. He didn't seem reliable at all. Then, suddenly, he popped back underground. "Nice going, idiot! He was going to show us the way into Cape!" Kromp bellowed furiously. Paladin simply looked down at him and said, "We can find out own way in." The two then stared at each other for a time before their attention was drawn to Ryte, who was shouting at something. "Hey! Let go!" she protested. The Diglett from before had returned with a different Pokemon. This Pokemon must have been led here from underground by the Diglett. It was a Spearow, who, by the looks of it, was taking Ryte's satchel, which contained all their supplies. Once it had taken the satchel, it began to fly off with it. Not planning to let it get away, Paladin quickly launched a Stone Edge at the bird. Most of the rocks missed, but one was enough to bring the weak-bodied Spearow down with the satchel. Worried, the Diglett abandoned its fellow thief and returned underground, but Paladin wasn't going to let him get away so easily. He stomped his foot onto the earth, creating a massive Earthquake. Though it did nothing more than cause the Pokemon above-ground to fall over, it probably collapsed Diglett's tunnel upon him, rendering him trapped.

"Got what's coming to 'em, the rotten thieves," Paladin stated, and continued walking ahead of the other shocked Pokemon. "They could have just been hungry!" Frilly said. Paladin turned around to face Frilly, looking down upon the smaller Pokemon. "I said, they got what was coming to 'em. There's always better ways than to steal," Paladin said again, then resumed his walk. The other Pokemon did the same. It took a few moments for Paladin to realize that Frilly was probably right. What had he done? He had injured two innocent civilians who just needed to eat. Of course they would resort to stealing, they had no other option.

Soon, the group of refugees stood before the walls of Cape City. "How do we get in?" Ryte asked. "Leave it to me," Kromp responded. Of course, he had no idea how to get in, but Paladin did. "Ha, you couldn't get us in even if you knew how to," Paladin said, infuriating the Ursaring. He charged at Paladin, who simply avoided the attack at the last minute. Kromp then attempted to get himself hands into his arms, and his legs into his torso. "Get on," Paladin ordered. The other two Pokemon looked confused, and Kromp looked on the verge of laughing. Paladin then took off like a rocket, the energy within him was released through the bottom of his torso, and his arms, allowing him to take off like a rocket. After this little demonstration, he once again said, "Get. On." The other Pokemon did as they were told, but Kromp refused. "Fine then. Have it your way." Paladin said, and took off without him. Kromp proceeded to shout some nasty threats at Paladin, who simply ignored them and continued upwards. His plan was to go over the walls of the city using his uncanny ability to fly. Whatever lay beyond the wall, Paladin would face have to face it.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

"Alive I am, Siren," Deluge retorted to Genevieve, emphasizing her title as opposed to the use of her name. Deluge believed their titles were there for a reason, and thus should be used as the natural order of things, as Auron had intended. "And quite well too, I might add. Though..." He examined over the Gardevoir with his eyes, taking in her appearance. "...I'm unsure the same could be said about you. Are you feeling well? You've looked better." He commented. Deluge was known for his quick wit and intelligence, but also for his ability to read and remember other Pokemon. He would often know by mere appearance when something was amiss with someone. But the true purpose he would often use this skill for was the determination of the strengths and weaknesses of his opponents. Deluge came to battle prepared, having often thought of the entire outcome of a fight with someone in his mind before it ever began. Combine this skill with his determination to accomplish his mission no matter the consequence, and it forms into a deadly Sentinel.

As the thunderous steps of Sovereign now echoed from the Stoneguard, Deluge observed as the two newest Sentinels conversed. Deluged scanned over both of them each time it was their pass to speak. As they were the newest, Deluge had never gotten the opportunity to get a good read on them...yet. However, from his small interactions he's had with Sovereign, he understood that beneath the brutish front he protruded was a more complicated Pokemon, the likes of which the Castform could not quite get a read on just yet. And though he had only just met Snype, he felt he was beginning to get a pretty good read on him, even perhaps if the read was a bit premature. Deluge nonetheless believed time would reveal the two to him.

"I'm sure Auron has a plan. Whether it's along the lines of your thought process or not, Snype, I know not. But I'm sure it will be revealed to us soon enough."

Sentry was quiet during this entire time, hanging by the doorway attempting to find the chance he could to leave without much hassle. However, it was apparent from the reactions of the others that they may not have been as informed as he was.

"Why Auron waits is his business." Sentry interjected. "But the reason we're all here is obvious. In case you haven't heard, both Shine and Gravel City was taken by the Alpha Alliance around the same time Albia was. I think it's plainly obvious where they're going next."

Deluge nodded in confirmation. "Here. Yes, that would make sense. Then we are here to stop their advance. They have gained quite a bit of ground, haven't they? You'd almost feel bad for them for having made it so far only to have to soon be crushed. Almost. And still, I have my concerns. I mean, take our numbers. Auron pulls a portion of his forces from Gold City and positions them in the major towns and cities, each one contains a certain percentage of our force. But the percentage of our numbers back when we controlled the other cities relative to those now stationed around Gold City is laughable. I mean, to me, he almost...opened up the path back for the Alpha Alliance to strike because these cities appeared conquerable. I bet if he placed an equal portion of Ancients in each city, no army would have dared to touch us. Ever." The floating Castform glided back and forth as he spoke of this, barely making eye contact with the others as he ranted on. "But let us forget about that for now. And let us forget about the fact that Lord Auron chooses to allow the Gold Tribe to roam free. Let us assume that these are part of his plan. A more immediate concern for me is this: why, oh why does the Gold Tribe go to Cape City on their own, without the company of the Alpha Alliance army with them?"

Deluge stopped floating and examined the other Sentinels. As his eyes passed over where Sentry was standing, he noticed the Scizor had apparently left at some point in his long explanation. Shaking his head, he looked back over the others. "Well? What do you think?"

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

Daricka glanced toward Vigil as he approached to explain what he'd learned from the trio of Pokemon they'd rescued. Quickly dropping her burden on the pile of bodies, she shifted closer to hear what he had to say, not paying any mind to the blood that stained her fur. Her expression was relaxed yet intense at the same time as she soaked in the Bisharp's words, her mind working rapidly as she thought the matter over carefully. On one hand, if they were telling the truth, a Pokemon with that amount of knowledge of Cape City could be a useful ally. On the other hand, they could be lying to lure them into a trap set by the Silver Tribe. But if that was the case, why hadn't Sentry simply finished them off when he had the chance? Did they have something bigger planned? There was the off-chance that he didn't believe he could defeat them at the time, but she highly doubted that was the case, partly because of his mutterings about Auron's orders.

Daricka moved her gaze to the trio, scrutinizing each of them. The Tyrogue seemed to be the most rash out of them all and especially proud of their current mission. However, he seemed to listen to Lashire, leading her to believe that the Pawniard must be the leader of the small group. The Eevee seemed to shy and submissive to pull off anything big, but appearances could be deceiving.

"Vigil, what if the Sentinels get to this guy first? If he's not yet on our side... he might be with theirs. These three could be spies. I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt considering everything, especially after the betrayal of those Raticates." Daricka's ear twitched at Bloodthirster's voice. It seemed she wasn't the only one thinking of the possibility of another betrayal.

"I realize how you feel," Vigil said in reply to Bloodthirster's query. "And I agree, we have to be wary. But to not trust anyone based on the acts of those with past bad blood between us is folly. Many hate the Silver Tribe, and this guy probably is one of them. Besides, we need to find Defender, and they said he could help us free Cape City. Isn't that worth the risk? If it comes to the point that we have to fight our way out, or anything of the manner, we'll manage. This time, we'll be prepared. We're the Gold Tribe, after all. Right?"

That much was true. They wouldn't be taken off guard again. As each member of the Gold Tribe drifted off to nearby spots to sleep, Vigil staying up to watch over the camp, Daricka stretched out next to the fire and soon joined the ranks of her sleeping comrades.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seemed like it had only been a few moments when Daricka reopened her eyes to the light of the rising sun. Though she did indeed feel refreshed after the rest, sleep still stung at her eyes. Though, with all the fights the Gold Tribe had been involved in as of late, that was to be expected. No doubt it would be quite sometime before she was able to get the full amount of sleep needed to be completely rejuvenated. Shrugging off thoughts of staying in her relaxed position next to the smoldering remains of the fire, Daricka picked herself up off the ground, rolling her shoulders to loosen up her muscles before digging a few berries out of her pack; a small yet substantial meal. The others were doing similar actions as they roused themselves and each other.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Somehow it did not occur to Sovereign that the Gold Tribe was heading there without the accompanyment they always brought with them. "What difference does it make? It simply means they are a bunch of fools who don't realize what they're up against. Perhaps they have become complacent with their recent victories? Feeling us an easy foe. It's a mistake that will only get them killed."

Sovereign had nothing more to say on the topic. His blood was boiling and he was ready for a fight. Then, a distant rumble. He could feel it in the earth as he stood. Something of his element. An Earthquake? It couldn't be. It was too soon. The Gold Tribe couldn't be here so soon. Could they? Sovereign tried to get a lock on where in the city the rumble had originated, but it was already gone, and perhaps it wasn't close enough. "Something's here. I think inside the city. I felt an Earthquake."

Years
Dinorah has been searching for the surviving Gold Tribe for what seemed like forever, at least to her. The most recent rumors about their accomplishments and sightings gave her a rough idea of where they may be, but it would take a lot of relentless searching, luck, or perhaps a little of both, for her to find them, as like her, they weren't exactly trying to advertise their location to the world. It would seem though, that luck was on her side, as she walked out onto what looked like the site of a battle, a fresh one at that judging by the acrid scent of burnt flesh coming from the pile of bodies and the tracks left everywhere.

Having lived the last two years trying to avoid the ancients of the Silver Tribe, Dinorah had made a point to learn about tracks. She didn't know the tracks of every ancient, but she could recognize some of the different types. As she made her way around the perimeter of the battle torn area, looking for any tracks entering or leaving the area, she found bunch of tracks that looked like they belonged to an assortment of ancients, going in one direction, and more tracks belonging to several types of Pokemon, going in a different direction. She stopped and blinked, glancing at the two paths. "Did they meet, fight, and then each go their separate ways?" She wondered to herself in a confused tone.

As confusing as the lack of a clear winner after what looked like a brutal battle was, with both sides seemingly calmly walking away from the scene, she decided to follow the tracks of the smaller group of Pokemon, but first she would rest for the night. She awoke before the crack of dawn and continued at a hurried pace. As the light of day began to filter through the trees, she began to make out several figures in the distance, a campsite. Knowing to be careful in case this was not the Gold Tribe, she slowed as she grew near, and stayed out of sight for now, watching and listening to know for sure before she revealed herself of her own accord.

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Zane Tyrael and Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~
"Mm?" Zane looked over to see TrueStriker gesturing to the side of the camp, probably wanting to talk over something in private. "Alright." Zane nodded, heading with him. He caught hold of Gallant before he went with TrueStriker, speaking to her. "Brother, can you make sure everyone is ready to leave soon?" He asked. Gallant nodded in response, heading over to the others to prepare them to continue their journey to Cape in order to locate Defender and the Gold Crystal. Zane followed TrueStriker to the edge of camp.

"So, what's on your mind, brother?"

Hanso was silent for a few moments, considering his questions. In truth, there was more that he would have liked to know, but asking about that medallion he'd seen would be prying. The Gallade glanced over at Eden Forest, then back in Albia's direction. "Do you know where Kivir is?" Hanso asked, turning his gaze back to Zane.

There was a pause from Zane. He bowed his head in both grief and shame. He had forgotten in all of the events of the past few days to inform anyone of what had happened to Kivir. Sure, he wasn't apart of the Gold Tribe like them, technically, but he had traveled with the group for a good portion of their journey.

"Kivir...was part of the distraction group that caused the Silver Tribe to retreat in Albia. He was...killed by the Sentinels as they made their way to Cape. I apologize for not informing you sooner." Zane said in a lowered voice, his eyes still focused on the ground. As he stood in silence for a moment, he figured he might as well tell him the rest of the story. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out the old medallion belonging to the Breloom. "This was his...it belonged to the Pokemon who trained him. Who was once Gold Tribe, like us. Delnir "Divine Wind" Blake. I'm unsure if you have heard of him. But quite a while ago, he was responsible for a rift in the Gold Tribe. He felt many recruits were getting "passes" on their character because they were such skilled fighters, and that they were not being taught proper humiliation and honor. He left the Gold Tribe, then. Kivir was apparently his student. When I found out about this, we spoke of it in Eternity City, and he adhered to his master's teachings, choosing instead to fight for the Alpha Alliance instead of continue with us."

Zane took a deep breath, but then continued. "I don't know if he was right. I'm not sure if whatever the two thought were true or not. But regardless of what Kivir thought, we wouldn't have been able to make it out of Albia if it wasn't for him."

Hanso folded his arms silently as he listened. They had lost another one, then, even if Kivir hadn't been-- His eyes were drawn immediately to the medallion that Zane had pulled out. As he listened to Zane's words, Hanso recalled the name from what he'd learned of the Gold Tribe's history. Part of his interest had been the simple fact that Divine Wind was a Gallade, someone whom he could study and, maybe, learn something when it came to combat. Delnir's teachings, however, were something that Hanso, as a young recruit, had paid little attention to.

Hanso looked down at the ground, counting the losses he knew of. Dark Lightning, Calamity, and now Kivir, who had been a Gold Tribe member in his own way. The Alpha Alliance army's losses, the resulting destruction in Eternity City and Albia. Thinking back, Hanso shook his head, sighing. "Well, either way, there's this mess we need to clean up," he said, looking back up at Zane. "Regardless of Tribe membership." After a moment, Hanso added as an afterthought, "Penance may have seen some worth in Delnir's teachings, if he knew of them."

Penance was another subject, though. Hanso debated with himself, then continued. "You told Bane earlier that Penance may be in trouble, but I doubt it. You might know him better than I, but his letter did not seem like the raving of a lunatic. Or whatever it is with him. He told me where I could find the letter before he left, and his mind felt...normal, not half-crazed. I would rather think that we're going to Cape City to find the Gold Crystal, rather than because Penance might have a mess of his own."

Zane didn't comment about Delnir, but he nodded in response. It was probably true. Penance had recently had a lot of negatives to say about the Gold Tribe in general. Whether or not they were the result of his situation or not. He listened as TrueStriker gave him his own thought about Penance in general. When he was finished, Zane spoke back.

"You're right. Our primary objective is the Gold Crystal. But I'm not going to sit by and let one of our brothers go into an enemy controlled territory on his own. Whether he's sane, crazed, it doesn't matter. We can't abandon him on his own. Not if have a chance to help him. Not if he might be in trouble."

Zane paced for a moment, then looked back at TrueStriker. "We're heading to Cape City anyways. These scouts are leading us to someone who can help us not only possibly find a way to free the city, but also locate Defender. If we have that option in front of us, we may as well take it, right? Besides...we may not have a choice. Belas and Hazone, they told me about what is going on in Cape City. The bulk of the Ancient Army is in Anciena city below Cape, with refugees from all corners of Valkaria making their home in the street above in Cape City. In a week, the Generals are taking the Alpha Alliance army, and marching it conventionally through Cape to retake it. As you know, that'll cause a lot of casualties in terms of the refugees and civilian population. If we want to avoid that, before the week is done, we have to try to find a different way to invade. This Pokemon...they might have a way."

If he knew Penance well enough, then the Golduck and this mystery Pokemon would have thought of something already. That, or they'd be working on it right now. I ask that you all keep an open mind about what happens there, that is all I can ask. That had been in the letter, as well. Hanso took a deep breath, wondering again what it was Penance had in mind. "I'm sure if there's a way, he and Penance will have it," Hanso replied. "Or we'll work it out once we get there. Just, keep an open mind, as he asked." About everything, he added to himself as he turned back to the campsite.

He paused, then turned back to face Zane and asked, "What would you do if we were to somehow find Noctus this very moment?"

"Noctus..." Zane repeated aloud. He crossed his arms, and thought. What would he do? If Noctus was right in front of him. Would he leap out and attack him, making him answer for his supposed crimes? Or would he try to first ascertain if it was him who had been responsible for all of this? "In truth...I don't know. We don't know anything for sure, that is true. But can this all be just a coincidence? So, I really don't know. I'd like to think I would keep a cool head long enough to find out the truth, but everyone he might have done, I cannot give you that guarantee."

Hanso watched Zane for a few moments longer, then turned back to the campsite and began packing. What would he do, himself? He'd been the first one to say that they'd have to make sure of Noctus' guilt or innocence first. And if Zane felt that he might not be able to hold himself back for what Noctus might have done, then how would he act if he knew of the path Hanso had begun to tread? Though, I may not know for sure where it heads...

As he closed his pack, Hanso froze, mind ringing. Someone had tripped a few of his sensors. He'd meant to gather them up so they'd leave little more than a faint residue, but now it seemed better that he'd put it off. Since he was done packing, Hanso stood up straight, eyes scanning the area in the direction of the tripped sensors. There was someone out there, that was obvious. He reached out with his telepathy-sense, then felt a bit of relief. It wasn't an Ancient's mind, that was for sure. At the same time, though, Hanso didn't recognize him. Or her. He didn't try to make contact, so he couldn't yet tell which gender it might be. Hm...friend, foe, or neutral? Hanso pulled his emblem off his arm and held it so the sunlight reflected in the general direction of the tripped sensors.

Megaman765

Years
Snype got all giddy thinking of all of the possibilities. He just wanted to stick his claws into something already just to satisfy his twisted lust! His prayers may have been answered as Soverign apparently felt an earthquake nearby. An intruder? Leaving such a trail like that? What an amateur! Whatever they were doing, they weren't doing it well if it was this easy to get caught! Snype simply snickered.

"An earthquake? Kehe. How curious! I know how much you all want me out of your hair so may I suggest that I possibly scout the area for this intruder? Just lead the way and I'll find this sucker... kehehe. Where do you think it came from?" Snype asked, eager to get moving. He had very good eyesight especially at night. Whatever was intruding he figured he could get the jump on him! He mostly wanted to show off though.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Cape City

Suddenly, a flashback came to Paladin. A massive migraine followed. He'd been here before, in Cape City. That was all his flashback would tell him. That, and there was...someone else. Another Pokemon whom he had been affiliated with. Been friends with. Paladin doubted that it mattered, since this Pokemon was probably long gone. However, if he had been here before, then perhaps more secrets to his past lay here in Cape.

When Paladin came to, he found a bustling torrent of Pokemon coming towards him. Refugees, probably. He realized that he was lying on the ground, and that Ryte and Flurry were no longer with him. He got up. The Golurk towered above the other refugees, causing some to fear him and run away. All the refugees were heading in one specific direction, and many looked panicked as they swerved around Paladin. He decided that they must have been running from something at the back of the group, so he pushed against the waves of fearful Pokemon until he reached the end. There, slashing at anything he could see, was a Kabutops. One of the ancients. He was slashing wildly at innocent refugees with his sickles, striking a few and injuring them very badly. Paladin stepped in before the Kabutops could strike again, protecting a small Sentret from getting sliced in half with his massive leg. The Sentret fled, leaving a confused Ancient with Paladin. "Get out of my way, you gigantic piece of filth!" the Ancient ordered, and sped past the Golurk at the group of Pokemon running away.

The drums. "Dum dum dum dum" got louder in Paladin's mind. He was becoming angry. Seeing these innocent Pokemon being hurt just didn't seem right. Despite how much he wanted to fight it, he couldn't. His common sense told him he'd attract too much attention, but his heart told him the Kabutops deserved it. Paladin used Fly to catch up to the running Kabutops, known full well that this Pokemon was much faster than him. When he was above the Kabutops, he left himself fall down a few feet in an attempt to crush the evildoer. The ancient noticed and stepped aside. Without a moment's hesitation, Paladin went for a Shadow Punch at the Kabutops, managing to hit him directly in his confusion. The Ancient took a moment, but got back up, and managed to avoid Paladin's oncoming Hammer Arm. The Ancient swiftly jumped behind his opponent and used Slash. The move only went straight through the Golurk, giving him enough time to grab the Kabutops and smash him against the city walls. "You always were thick, you Ancients," Paladin said. He then retracted his legs and began to Fly, leaving his arms outstretched to hold the Kabutops. They ascended into the air. One hundred meters....two hundred meters....three hundred meters.

"Alright, alright!" the Kabutops screamed, when they had ascended to four hundred meters into the air. "What do you want?! Leave me alone!" he pleaded. In a raspy voice that did not appear to be his, Paladin said "Re...tri...bution..." and released the Kabutops from his grip. The ancient screamed for his life as he fell to his death. Paladin took the satchel that was strung around his shoulder and reached in. He took out his green egg. The sight of the thing snapped him back into reality. 'What...have I done?' he thought.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

"Hmm...perhaps." Deluge replied, contemplating Sovereign's words in his head. Deluge thought there was more to it than that, but he figured he shouldn't let it bother him now. Especially after Sovereign's next statement. "An Earthquake?" He questioned aloud. Deluge began trying to formulate the possibilities of what it could and couldn't be. It wasn't another Sentinel, nor unlikely was it any Ancient. The recent events in Albia and Eternity could have sparked civilian insurgency. As well it may also have been the Gold Tribe. Deluge passed into his mind every Gold Tribe member, analyzing who could have made the Earthquake. His mind fixated on one he knew: Sword and Shield. He confirmed the possibility that this was the Gold Tribe. Yet uncertainty still clouded his mind. "Whatever it was, it wasn't ours..."

At the request of Snype, the Castform floated facing his direction. It would have been a better suited task perhaps for the Ancients. Unless it was the Gold Tribe, in which case this might be a necessary time to get their hands dirty. "Yes, I think it's best we deal with this matter. Perhaps a chance for us to get the know the new Sentinels a bit better? Sovereign, if you would, lead us to the source, since you were probably the only one to have felt it." Deluge began to float towards the hall leading to the exit in the Stoneguard. "Shall we? The hunt's afoot!"

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Without missing a beat, Vera broke from the group to call down an Archeops, the most efficient messanger in the area. "We have a possible intrusion. Spread the word to keep an eye out for suspicious activity. The target is likely an earthen Pokemon and can use Earthquake, proceed with extreme caution and use ranged attacks if possible. Do not engage the target directly. The target is likely not alone. Round up ANYONE who seems out of place or unfamiliar."

Sovereign acknowleged Deluge, though he did not like taking orders from other Sentinels. Somehow the others never quite treated him as one of them. But he prefered to ignore it. Such thoughts only distracted from their purpose. "I didn't quite get a lock. It wasn't very long and it was very unexpected, but I can lead to the general direction. Gold Tribe are usually easy to notice, so that should be enough." Sovereign led them in the direction that he had felt the disturbance. "I don't know the Gold Tribe well enough to tell who this may be, but that quake had more power than just any Pokemon could muster. No. This is a Pokemon of the Ground. So be ready."

Megaman765

Years
Snype listened to Deluge's instructions... kind of. Snype wasn't all that worried but that may have been his overconfidence. He continued with his large smile. Snype rushed outside with the others and began to look around for any signs of disturbance. As he walked outside he could hear something screaming in the distance... it sounded like it was coming from above. He looked for the source and noticed an Ancient falling to his death from the sky. How curious! He didn't plant to help the poor sap but whatever caused it was still around.

Looking up into the sky he caught sight of a Pokemon. He wasn't sure what his species was called nor did he care but it looked suspicious that was for sure. He simply snickered.

"Hey, do earthen Pokemon usually fly like that? Or do ancients have a hobby of dropping their own to the ground? Creative I must say!" Snype said, pointing to the Pokemon currently flying in the air. "Comon bring him down here! I wanna beat him up a bit!" Snype said, getting all jumpy and such.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Cape City

When Paladin came back to his senses, his flying abilities had diminished. A Golurk's flying ability took up a lot of their energy, and Paladin couldn't hold it for too long. Quickly placing the egg inside his satchel, he started to fall to the ground. His legs re-appeared from inside his torso as he restrained screams. He knew he could survive this. He was a Ghost-type Pokemon, after all. Just before Paladin made contact with the ground of Cape City, he focused the last of his energy into becoming intangible, meaning he restricted his own density, and that of anything touching him, to be able to go right through the ground. It took a few moments, but he re-emerged from the ground. Unfortunately for the Golurk, performing this feat required a great, great amount of energy, and having used up the last of his, Paladin blacked out in front of a horde of astonished civilians.

When he came to, Paladin found that he was lying on a bed. Above him, a Mismagius hovered, its face peering down at his. "So, you're awake," the Mismagius stated the obvious. She then drifted away, allowing Paladin to rise. He found that he was in a strange-looking house. The wallpaper was entirely black, and the ceiling appeared to have patterns of constellations and such engraved into it. Paladin stood up from the bed, having to crouch down in order to avoid hitting the ceiling. Just then, his foot sank into the weak wooden floor, revealing a few Rattata that appeared to be living underneath the floorboards. The startled Mismagius turned around and scolded Paladin. "Watch where you put those paws, you idiot." Paladin sat back down on the bed while the Mismagius cleared away the Rattata. "Who are you?" was the first question that sprung to Paladin's mind. "My name is Veletra. I was a witch-doctor in the old days. Before...well, you know," Veletra replied. "In regards to the other obvious questions you might ask, yes, you are still in Cape City, and you fell out of the sky. Also, you might like to know that you just killed an Ancient. You do realize the Sentinals are here, don't you? They're waiting for Gold Tribe, like you, judging by what I found in your satchel." The groggy Golurk shot awake at the mention of his satchel. "My satchel! Where is it?" he demanded. "Don't worry, your egg is safe. Judging by its appearance, I would say it's not yours. Did you steal it?" Veletra pried. "I didn't steal it. I found it abandoned and took it in," Paladin said. Veletra nodded understandingly, as if she had some understanding of what she meant, and dropped the subject. "Now, you do realize the entire Silver Tribe and the Ancients are on your tail, don't you?" Paladin nodded. Now that he was back to his senses, it all seemed obvious. Looks like staying inconspicuous was no longer on the agenda.

"So, Veletra, why are you helping me?" Paladin asked. The Mismagius motioned to a nearby nightstand with her head, while devoting most of her attention to creating some kind of potion in her small cauldron. On the nightstand lay a shining Gold Tribe emblem, but it was not Paladin's. It belonged to someone by the name of "Phantom" apparently. "My father," Veletra began, "was a member of the Gold Tribe back in its glory days. He was a well-respected veteran, and was one of Adam Reed's closest friends. He died in combat alongside him." Paladin said nothing. For some reason, the name "Phantom" awakened something in his memory. Some deep, insignificant memory, but he was pretty sure he'd met Veletra's father before at some point. She must have been helping him out of respect for her dead father. "Now, take this potion I made," Veletra ordered. Paladin walked over to the bubbling cauldron, which contained some kind of green liquid. Reluctantly, Paladin drank the concoction, and suddenly, a little of his energy seemed to return to him. "Thanks," he said, as he lay back down on the bed. "You better stay here. Your energy hasn't been fully restored, so you need to rest." Those were the last words Paladin heard from Veletra before drifting back to sleep.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit
Uncharacteristically quiet, Genevieve followed the lead of the others as they went about their little scavenger hunt. Chasing ghosts and shadows. An earthquake that nobody else felt, but Sovereign. It did make sense when one stopped to think about it, and she had been doing a lot of that lately. He was a rock type, well, half rock. It only made sense that he should have an affinity towards things of the earth. She herself had a natural inclination to things unseen, the energies between creatures and thoughts. Did each Pokemon have their own special talents that the others were completely unaware of? It was a curious proposition. Deeming that it required further investigation, she stored it away in her memory banks, an idea to play with at a later date.

There was a more worrying notion, however. Cedric. And she did mean Cedric, not his preposterous title of "Deluge". It was almost childish, these nicknames. Were they masked vigilantes? Of course not. People should know who to admire or fear, not a hollow call-sign. But, names aside, he had called her out on her appearance. Was it really that betraying to her? The others didn't seem to pick up on it. Or did they? This thought gave her great pause, an almost fearful feeling opening its maw and threatening to swallow her in it. At that moment, there was no potential intruder. Just the fear of discovery and the consequences that it brought. Who knew how a battle between Sovereign and herself would end. Would one even be a victor, or would it just be mutually assured destruction? Maybe he wouldn't be angry at all for her indiscretion with Scar. His anger would surely be geared more towards Scar himself, or so she liked to think. Where was Scar anyway? Still sleeping? So many questions, so many answers that didn't come. Her mind was like a mini battlefield all its own.

The list of people she would have to eliminate kept growing by the day. There was one in particular that came to mind. One that could easily be removed without anything being amiss. Plans would have to be put in place, all things moving forward in their due time. Soon...

An annoying voice penetrated her thoughts, breaking her from the stupor she had been lingering in. Snype. Something about flying ground types. She didn't quite know, she hadn't been paying him even a fraction of her attention. He was on the list, but not first. "No, I don't particularly think they do. Unless somebody throws them, would you care to try?" She looked down at him and juggled a rock in front of his face with her mind, the rock being an obvious substitution for his body. But just as the creature in the sky came plummeting to an obvious death, she lost sight of it. Vanishing for lack of a better word.

"Rally the ancients. Every home, storefront, or place of worship, search them. I want this person found, now! Arceus be damned," she called out, superseding Vera's broad orders from earlier.​

Years
As he closed his pack, Hanso froze, mind ringing. Someone had tripped a few of his sensors. He'd meant to gather them up so they'd leave little more than a faint residue, but now it seemed better that he'd put it off. Since he was done packing, Hanso stood up straight, eyes scanning the area in the direction of the tripped sensors. There was someone out there, that was obvious. He reached out with his telepathy-sense, then felt a bit of relief. It wasn't an Ancient's mind, that was for sure. At the same time, though, Hanso didn't recognize him. Or her. He didn't try to make contact, so he couldn't yet tell which gender it might be. Hm...friend, foe, or neutral? Hanso pulled his emblem off his arm and held it so the sunlight reflected in the general direction of the tripped sensors.

As Dinorah watched the group of Pokemon gathered a short distance away from where she stood hidden in the forest, she thought that perhaps they were unlikely to be the enemy, as she saw no ancients around. Then again, she knew that by now, it was possible, even likely that more Pokemon have started working for the Silver Tribe across Valkaria, either directly or indirectly. But then one of them looked out in her general direction and she focused on the Gallade, wondering if she had been discovered. However, he didn't approach her, just grasped an emblem and held it out in the sunlight, where it caught the light and glowed a bright golden yellow. Immediately she relaxed some, glad that she had apparently finally found the remaining Gold Tribe, or at least some of them. She would then slowly step out into the open, calling out "Please don't be alarmed, I am on your side." As she approached the group, offering her name when she got close enough that she no longer needed to yell. "My name is Dinorah. Are you all from Gold Tribe?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back