• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scripts & Tutorials Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
sorry, but I must ask: what script section
The script section that deals with phone calls. PokemonPhone. It makes sense if you think about it.

This thread isn't for questions; it's about making requests for things.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
A request for something that I thought would of been quite simple.

I want to make an event that shows how many Pokemon I've caught, but without opening (or even having) the Pokedex. Something thats just like: "You've seen x of x number of Pokemon."

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I would like to request some help with coding the following:

I am trying write a script which can place a premade event on a specific location on a specific map. The map id, x, and y location are stored in an array. This can for example be used in placing an event on the location where the player leaves behind their partner trainer. These events will remain on that location until their position changes, or they are removed (as the player partners with them again). Thus these events have to stay on those maps, even when the player returns after having left the map.

Currently I am trying to achieve this by duplicating events from a 'template' map. This map holds all events, with all their functionalities already in the event, which have to be placed on these positions.
Thus far I have the following code:

Code:
module Char_Events
  CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID = 99

map_id = CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID
  map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.%s", map_id,$RPGVX ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))
  $events = map.events

end

class CharacterEvent < Game_Event

def initialize(char_id)
    original_event = $events[char_id]
    return if original_event == nil
    event = original_event.dup
    event.x = $CharacterData.position[char_id][1]
    event.y = $CharacterData.position[char_id][2]
    event.pages[0].graphic.direction = $CharacterData.position[char_id][3]
    super($CharacterData.position[char_id][0], event)
  end

end

def pbTestDupl(char_id)
  #Save them all in an array
  @char_events[char_id] = CharacterEvent.new(char_id)

#add the event to the map's event hash
  $game_map.events[$game_map.events.length+1] = @char_events[char_id]
  $game_map.refresh
end

This code should already place an event on the defined location when on the same map as the player, yet somehow doesn't. Things I've checked thus far are: The game doesn't crash when running the code, it seems to successfully store all the events in the $events variable, it seems to successfully create the new event, but it doesn't appear on the map.

Could someone please help me with this, or at least give me a push in the right direction?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
A request for something that I thought would of been quite simple.

I want to make an event that shows how many Pokemon I've caught, but without opening (or even having) the Pokedex. Something thats just like: "You've seen x of x number of Pokemon."
Just put in a game variable and show it. Code:
Code:
$game_variables[98] = $Trainer.pokedexOwned
$game_variables[99] = $Trainer.pokedexSeen
After this, use the message command "You've seen \v[98] of \v[99] number of Pokemon."

Spoiler:
Try to set your events before the events in the map are loaded (before line 'for i in @map.events.keys' at Game_Map_)

And '$game_map.events[$game_map.events.length+1] = @char_events[char_id]' has no sense (except in certain contexts), use '$game_map.events[$game_map.events.length] = @char_events[char_id]' or '$game_map.events.push(@char_events[char_id])'

PS: This thread isn't for these questions. What is the best form of handle this? Should Maruno transform these post in threads in Essentials area?

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Thanks FL. for the reply, I'll try it out and find a way to make it work. (And thnx for pointing out the array.push, I forgot about that one :s)

I'm sorry I posted this question here and tried to formulate it as a request. It wasn't clear for me where such questions should be posted on the forum, and this seemed the most sensible place.
*edit*: I missed the Pokémon Essentials area :s, I apologize for the inconvenience. There is no need to transform my post; I'll try a few things to make it work, and in case I can't figure it out I'll post it in the Essentials area.

To follow the idea of this thread I also have a request;
Can anyone write a script which allows you to load a save file from a previous versions of your game, with room for a new game fix function. This would allow players to continue where they left off on the previous demo, or release, without starting over every time. The new game fix function would include everything which gets initialised at a new game that wasn't present in the previous versions (this would be per version). This is meant to prevent crashes caused by not having initialised new code, or changes in the code.

Maruno

Years
Can anyone write a script which allows you to load a save file from a previous versions of your game, with room for a new game fix function. This would allow players to continue where they left off on the previous demo, or release, without starting over every time. The new game fix function would include everything which gets initialised at a new game that wasn't present in the previous versions (this would be per version). This is meant to prevent crashes caused by not having initialised new code, or changes in the code.
If you make your changes in the right way, that won't be a problem.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
I was wondering if anyone could show me how to implement Nuzlocke mode into my game.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I was wondering if anyone could show me how to implement Nuzlocke mode into my game.

With a quick Google search.

That appears easy enough, just long, to implement... Seems this would need to be made as more of an "add-on", than actually showing you, because I would bet all I own, on you getting confused immediately, if someone were to show you... Good luck otherwise.

korjamer

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Hello all, So I'm an artist working on a personal project of my own in essentials and remaking the area where I live into a Pokemon game by compiling basic resources around the internet. Anyway, the reason I'm here is because I found a script by Wyrelade that allows for the placement of a shadow graphic under the player character and any followers. Only it's not compatible with Pokemon Essentials, Just RMVX. I have Help-14's following script and the newest version of Essentials. It throws up a bunch of errors but its apparently 'plug and play'. Obviously I expected this to happen but with my limited scripting knowledge my tinkering didn't really do much. I know the code is for a different version of RPGmaker but they're both written in ruby shouldn't the basic concept be the same? I really believe that a talented scripter could get these to work together or even make a new script for XP based on this concept. And that brings me to why I posted, I need someones help. I would be extremely grateful If someone could try and tackle this problem with me. Here's a link to the script:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/6873-wyrescripts-character-and-event-shadows/
Feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Hello all, So I'm an artist working on a personal project of my own in essentials and remaking the area where I live into a Pokemon game by compiling basic resources around the internet. Anyway, the reason I'm here is because I found a script by Wyrelade that allows for the placement of a shadow graphic under the player character and any followers. Only it's not compatible with Pokemon Essentials, Just RMVX. I have Help-14's following script and the newest version of Essentials. It throws up a bunch of errors but its apparently 'plug and play'. Obviously I expected this to happen but with my limited scripting knowledge my tinkering didn't really do much. I know the code is for a different version of RPGmaker but they're both written in ruby shouldn't the basic concept be the same? I really believe that a talented scripter could get these to work together or even make a new script for XP based on this concept. And that brings me to why I posted, I need someones help. I would be extremely grateful If someone could try and tackle this problem with me. Here's a link to the script:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/6873-wyrescripts-character-and-event-shadows/
Feel free to message me.

That's because it's a script for VX Ace. Not RPG Maker XP

korjamer

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Did you read my post? I know that. Maybe I wasn't being clear.
I need a more advanced scripter's help to write a shadow code for essentials (which runs on xp) maybe using the other one as a starting point.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Did you read my post? I know that. Maybe I wasn't being clear.
I need a more advanced scripter's help to write a shadow code for essentials (which runs on xp) maybe using the other one as a starting point.

Ah, sorry. Those can be done in the graphics, just add semi-transparent shadows under the characters.

Maruno

Years
I don't think there's any difference between this thread and asking how to do things in the Essentials section. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back