• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Alola Photo Club Contest??

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Essentially thinking of doing a contest for the coolest photo from the photo club.

My plan was to make an announcement article that could also serve as a Photo Club Guide, with tips on how to get some cool shots from yours truly, then have a couple weeks of accepting submissions, then have it judged by a TBD panel. This would be followed by a results article showing the top 3/5 pictures.

Notifying Blue to make sure you didn't have anything similar planned?

Years
I don't think the competition itself should be run out of daily, but the guide should be fine and maybe just tack a link to the competition at the end? Is there really much to say though, for a guide?

Reactions: Nah

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I don't think the competition itself should be run out of daily, but the guide should be fine and maybe just tack a link to the competition at the end? Is there really much to say though, for a guide?

Not terribly, but a few tips I'd say. Really some basic stuff like what some of the phrases the club spits out (most notably when moving pokemon) mean, a link to the Z-Crystal guide for how to unlock all the poses, friendly reminder that it's often a good idea to stop Z-poses in the middle as opposed to the end of the animation, etc.

As far as the first thing though, that's why I wanted Blue's input

Years
I don't think it's appropriate for Daily to be used for the contest itself, but rather within the appropriate section here on the forums. However, I don't see anything wrong at all with the contest being accompanied by a guide that's written on Daily.

Reactions: Nah

bobandbill

one more time
Years
IMO: Contest on the forums (USUM section), but we can have a guide written before that starts with a note at the end about the contest, and then a separate article to feature the best submissions to said contest.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
I just joined this forum and am very interested in this contest. When will it start?

Back