• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Selling Pokémon

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
What if in the Pokémon world. Only pet companies could catch Pokémon and not ten year old kids.

If Pokémon were actually sold to people instead of people catching them.

How great would that be.

So you don't want to catch a Pokémon on your own. You just buy one from a pet store.

What do you think.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Dunno about having them avaiable via a pet store, but I can see this as a sort of Pokemon Dystopia where the Silph Co. controls a global monopoly on Pokeball production, forcing everyone to purchase their pokemon via their company. I can see that set the backdrop for a fangame where you work with others to revive the lost art of crafting apricorns to fight against the power and have pokeballs distributed at pokemarts as usual.

Pokedigifan1178

Years
Dunno about having them avaiable via a pet store, but I can see this as a sort of Pokemon Dystopia where the Silph Co. controls a global monopoly on Pokeball production, forcing everyone to purchase their pokemon via their company. I can see that set the backdrop for a fangame where you work with others to revive the lost art of crafting apricorns to fight against the power and have pokeballs distributed at pokemarts as usual.

Well the good news is the pet store also sells legendary Pokémon

Arceus himself costs 1 million dollars to buy.

Mewtwo costs 10,000 dollars

Mew costs 15,000 dollars.

Basically legendaries are expensive

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
This would be hellish! A monopoly on Pokemon, outrageous! It'd be like the real world. Pokemon is to be fun and light, or at least that it means to me. So, surely, it isn't a good thing. It would do for an interesting fic or hackrom, though.

Pokedigifan1178

Years
This would be hellish! A monopoly on Pokemon, outrageous! It'd be like the real world. Pokemon is to be fun and light, or at least that it means to me. So, surely, it isn't a good thing. It would do for an interesting fic or hackrom, though.

Yeah I think it's a great idea.

Now only governments can catch Pokémon.

If civilians are to catch Any Pokémon they will either pay a fine or go to jail for a year

Back