• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pokemon Habitats

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
In real life I'm studying the ecology/evolution of wildlife habitats, and animals relations therein. I think it'd pretty fun to choose a weekly/biweekly Pokemon (or route) and write about their ecology/relationship to where they're found in the wild (Think like a piece on the endangerment of Corsola, or the wetland like areas where Goomy are found). It would include various Pokemon trivia of course, and talk about the different habitat types found within the games, and the other Pokemon found there. I'd go over things like area hierarchy (like in caves how the Geodude would absolutely overpower the Zubat, making them the dominant prey species, and how this could lead to a worry of dwindling Zubat numbers if they were continuously pushed out of their habitat), the heterogeneity found within those areas (water and grass areas found within the same route).

I'd write it like a serious piece on the topic but in all the fun of from the Pokemon universe. This is stuff I'm actually writing about on the outside regarding real animals so it would be really fun to relate them to Pokemon in an amusing way like this. Especially considering that the different habitats and Pokemon typing are one of my favorite aspects of the games to begin with.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I think this would be interesting. +1

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
This sounds great. There's a lot of people who like imagining "realistic Pokémon," and realistic ecology studies ties in with that. +1

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Already has approval but also a +1 from me!
In real life I'm studying the ecology/evolution of wildlife habitats, and animals relations therein. I think it'd pretty fun to choose a weekly/biweekly Pokemon (or route) and write about their ecology/relationship to where they're found in the wild (Think like a piece on the endangerment of Corsola, or the wetland like areas where Goomy are found). It would include various Pokemon trivia of course, and talk about the different habitat types found within the games, and the other Pokemon found there. I'd go over things like area hierarchy (like in caves how the Geodude would absolutely overpower the Zubat, making them the dominant prey species, and how this could lead to a worry of dwindling Zubat numbers if they were continuously pushed out of their habitat), the heterogeneity found within those areas (water and grass areas found within the same route).

I'd write it like a serious piece on the topic but in all the fun of from the Pokemon universe. This is stuff I'm actually writing about on the outside regarding real animals so it would be really fun to relate them to Pokemon in an amusing way like this. Especially considering that the different habitats and Pokemon typing are one of my favorite aspects of the games to begin with.
Couple questions though:

- What Pokemon/area do you want to work on first?
- With articles we have cover images associated with them - what could we use for this series? It'd be possible to ask some artists to help out with this too. We would just need to brainstorm some ideas.
- Would Pokemon Habitats be the name of the article series? (E.g. Pokemon Habitats - Charmander/Pokemon Habitats - Mt. Moon, etc)

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Couple questions though:

I was thinking a piece on "The new accumulation of Grimer and Muk in Castelia City's sewers in recent years and Alola's answers to rising pollution trends." or "Lake of Rage After Team Rocket: Restoring the Magikarp Populations and Stabilizing Newly Evolved, Confused Wild Gyrados."

- With articles we have cover images associated with them - what could we use for this series? It'd be possible to ask some artists to help out with this too. We would just need to brainstorm some ideas.

Snap style snapshot of the Pokemon in question acting "naturally" in said habitat. It might not be perfect but I could help with this part, too.

- Would Pokemon Habitats be the name of the article series? (E.g. Pokemon Habitats - Charmander/Pokemon Habitats - Mt. Moon, etc)

The name of the series could be Pokemon Habitats, yes, academic journal style.

Each piece would have a title like an academic article (like the ones I put above), a thesis, introduction, body, conclusion, and include sources in the text.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bump.

I was thinking a piece on "The new accumulation of Grimer and Muk in Castelia City's sewers in recent years and Alola's answers to rising pollution trends." or "Lake of Rage After Team Rocket: Restoring the Magikarp Populations and Stabilizing Newly Evolved, Confused Wild Gyrados."
The first article turned out pretty well, imo! Are you planning to do the Lake of Rage/Magikarp article next?

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Thank you! Yes! But like the first one, I'll shorten the title to something like just "Lake of Rage After Team Rocket."

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Thank you! Yes! But like the first one, I'll shorten the title to something like just "Lake of Rage After Team Rocket."
Sounds good. You can go ahead with the draft in wordpress when you're ready, and ping Daily staff when it's ready for proofing! 👍

Back