• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Chaos Dirge said:
I like gold and silver remakes. Liquid Crstal and Shiny gold. Heart gold seems like it will be ok but... I wish someone would complete these hacks. I really don't think any remake could be as good as fan remakes.

So if you plan to do this please stick through till the end.

.com said:
Haha, I don't mean I want your ROM. It's just odd the patching wouldn't work then, because I have a ROM up to par with what you describe yours is... It's definately not because I didn't patch correctly, it's just not working, I guess. I'll try other ROMs around and see if that helps.
Jesse[TB Pro said:
]I had the same problem, but I downloaded another copy of the ROM, which worked fine.
Yeah, try with other ROMs, things will eventually work out.

~Areku-San said:
Sorry, but from my point of view it seems a waste of time to copy an idea and made by Nintendo, it is assumed that the ROM hackers should demonstrate to Nintendo that the fans can do much more than their in-class job scheduling may but in terms of creativity do not have much to say.

The possibilities that can be done in the ROM Hacking are many as to copy an idea that others did, that's my opinion honestly do not know anyone says about uu

Could Basarte in the Anime or Manga perhaps ideas that nobody has the look.

But anyway, it's your project ... Good luck!
According to my point of view - no time's waste at all and as you said it was made by Nintendo but not for the Advance Generation, and it could be counted as creativity when you turn a game like Ruby into something else. This is my honest opinion - there are all sorts of creativity ^^

Anyway that's your say and I appreciate it pal, good luck with your project as well :)

Years
Mmm my view for the hack is nice paddle but I do not like Kenta both minis and I think that resemble the paddles sole gold but I really like the hack.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Mmm my view for the hack is nice paddle but I do not like Kenta both minis and I think that resemble the paddles sole gold but I really like the hack.

If you cared to actually read some of ZodiacDaGreat's posts you would see that will change them when he has new sprites to replace them with. :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2011
I like gold and silver remakes. Liquid Crstal and Shiny gold. Heart gold seems like it will be ok but... I wish someone would complete these hacks. I really don't think any remake could be as good as fan remakes.

So if you plan to do this please stick through till the end.

I love them as well, the GSC years were my favorite for the Pokemon games, with Silver being my favorite out of the three. I'm still waiting for someone to do a remake of silver, Gold and Crystal remakes are fine and I do enjoy them, but Silver will always be my favorite in the series.

I'd also like to see a complete version of fire red as well....

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
Very interesting. This game has given me inspiration to create a support banner...tomorrow. I'm glad someone's using Ruby to recreate G/S/C. I will be watching this hack's progress. Good luck.

P.S: I would create the banner today, but who wants to work on their birthday?

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2009
can some one tell me y it is that i cant get pass the city thing.. i cant get to the mr.pokemon

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
tyson said:
This looks great, just don't give up on it man.
Yeah, thanks :)

Soul.//Silver said:
Where did you get the name Pure Gold............?
To tell you the truth, my brother made it up; and I thought it actually sounded good, ironic, and is like a pun :P You might even get to see a slogan later lol 24 carat Gold lol

PRKING said:
can some one tell me y it is that i cant get pass the city thing.. i cant get to the mr.pokemon
Because it's just a Alpha :( Why else would I seal it? This is an annoying question in which I see in all hack threads, people do not think before asking - Besides, I've also added a guy to tell you that it's the end.

From now on, in future beta's there'll be a person at the end of it informing you that's all you get to play.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2009
Yeah, thanks :)

To tell you the truth, my brother made it up; and I thought it actually sounded good, ironic, and is like a pun :P You might even get to see a slogan later lol 24 carat Gold lol

Because it's just a Alpha :( Why else would I seal it? This is an annoying question in which I see in all hack threads, people do not think before asking - Besides, I've also added a guy to tell you that it's the end.

From now on, in future beta's there'll be a person at the end of it informing you that's all you get to play.
thanks and sorry for asking.. this game is pretty cool though i like it

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
This looks great, I really hope that you continue. I seem to have a problem with patching though, as I either get a white screen upon startup, or I get a working game with very glitched up graphics. Is the rom you made the ips off of expanded? I think my problem is that I forgot to expand.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
PRKING said:
thanks and sorry for asking.. this game is pretty cool though i like it
It's Okay. I guess we're all to excited that we forget things or something XD

tonti said:
This looks great, I really hope that you continue. I seem to have a problem with patching though, as I either get a white screen upon startup, or I get a working game with very glitched up graphics. Is the rom you made the ips off of expanded? I think my problem is that I forgot to expand.
The ROM is not expanded and is a clean ROM, I use Lips IPS patcher.

AztecFire said:
You do realize that with the walk through walls code, you can make it all the way to Ilex Forest, don't you?
Yeah, thanks for letting me know. I'll have to come up with a hack in the future versions to prevent that. But, now it seems that my Alpha becomes a Beta to people who use cheats :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Heh, sorry for mentioning it. But I don't even have the patience to play it, I just used it to see what Hoenn looks like in FR tiles :P. I'm quite amazed at the graphical work you've done here.

Here, I'll delete my old post. I suggest removing my quote too.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
A word of advice; to prevent what just happened, a good thing to do would be to make the patch when you reach your beta targets and then carry on so the patch you release will have no more than what you intended of the beta. :3

hectord25

It's so Dark here
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Other Gold Remake,i was playing it,but i can get the route 30,there`s a lot of trees blocking the way.
This would be a awesone remake,but you release a Beta with numerous Glitches.

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
hectord25 said:
Other Gold Remake,i was playing it,but i can get the route 30,there`s a lot of trees blocking the way.
This would be a awesone remake,but you release a Beta with numerous Glitches.
What the heck? It's a Alpha, what do you expect? The entire Johto region? I've released a Alpha and there's no glitches unless you try to use cheats to bypass my limit to your gameplay.

hectord25

It's so Dark here
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
What the heck? It's a Alpha, what do you expect? The entire Johto region? I've released a Alpha and there's no glitches unless you try to use cheats to bypass my limit to your gameplay.

Ok,sorry man,that`s and alpha,no a BETA,of course,i don`t know what alpha means,i`ll wait a beta,sorry,i`ll keep playing it,luck.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
If your up to azalea town, isn't that enough to release a beta?

Yay, 100th post!

Last edited:
Back