• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Voltorb Flip

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I hate this thing, it's time consuming, it takes hours to grind enough coins to buy a TM like Ice Beam. And they got rid of the option of buying coins with dollars, so grinding on Voltorb Flip is the only way to get coins. Definitely a minor problem I have with otherwise really good games.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I personally have mixed feelings about it. It's not too bad when you get the hang of it, but I can pretty much conclude that the main bad thing about it is that unlike the slots, you can't buy coins.

Years
I find it a bit corny as a replacement for the slot machines, a big thank you to Dolores Umbridge and the Wizengamot at Pegi.

Like PageEmperor said though, its not so bad once you get used to it, its more or less a mind sweeper game. Its better than no game corner at all like we have now. It filled me with rage when they were too afraid to even let the game corner come back in a watered-down form for the Hoenn remakes.

Last edited:
Years
Voltorb Flip was the worst thing that Game Freak could've replaced slot machines with.

... this also could be because I'm just really bad at it. :c

Years
I suck at Voltorb Flip too, which was why I gave up on it and resorted to basically have no move variety on my Pokemon. The fact that you can't even buy coins anymore is what makes it even worse.

Years
I kind of suck at Voltorb Flip, but I honestly prefer it to slot machines because it's not entirely luck-based. If I don't take too many risks, I can accumulate a decent amount of coins.

Back