• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've just uploaded version 2.3, which fixes the level up moves of over 130 Pokemon in the rebalanced versions. I've also made a few extra changes to certain Pokemon with horrible level up moves (like Pidgey and Wartortle). Full details are in the changelog.

my octillery still not learning recover -.- (and his stats looks a bit strange ,145 hp,90 attack,90 defense, 128 spa , 93 spd and 52 speed with modest nature and about 204 evs in spa and 140 in hp, 32 in attack, 24 in defense, speed and spded at level 44)
This should be fixed in the latest version, sorry it took me so long!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 31, 2021
I'm not sure if this is known yet, but just as a bug report - if you challenge Sycamore with less than 3 Pokemon, it'll crash your game. This *might* be a vanilla bug, but I think it's less likely to occur due to the lack of triple battles. May just want to be something you make people aware of :)

Really enjoying the hack by the way, currently trying (and failing) to Nuzlocke it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I'm not sure if this is known yet, but just as a bug report - if you challenge Sycamore with less than 3 Pokemon, it'll crash your game. This *might* be a vanilla bug, but I think it's less likely to occur due to the lack of triple battles. May just want to be something you make people aware of :)

Really enjoying the hack by the way, currently trying (and failing) to Nuzlocke it.

That's a mix of a vanilla bug and the current limitations of 3DS ROM hacking. Normally there'd be a script before the battle that stops you from battling him with less than three Pokemon, but there aren't any script editors yet so I can't add one. I'll definitely add that to the OP, thanks for reporting it!

I'm glad you're enjoying the hack, good luck with your Nuzlocke!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 7, 2018
You did a great job on this hack, thanks so much for doing this for us all :D.

I think there might be a possible bug (?) in the game with Mawile. When you Mega Evolve Mawile, the experience bar for Mawile-Mega overflows, resulting in the Mega being several levels higher than the regular form depending on which level you are. I tested with several other Megas and they did not have this problem.

Just a shot in the dark, but I think this might have been a result of moving Mawile from its original Fast experience group to Medium-Fast, but forgetting to do the same with Mawile-Mega? I checked in your Docs and saw that Mawile is the only Pokemon in the list of Experience group changes that have a Mega (at least in X and Y: think Swablu, Buneary, and Numel were all introduced ORAS).

Again, I'm not sure if its a bug or if its just me but great job once again :).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
You did a great job on this hack, thanks so much for doing this for us all :D.

I think there might be a possible bug (?) in the game with Mawile. When you Mega Evolve Mawile, the experience bar for Mawile-Mega overflows, resulting in the Mega being several levels higher than the regular form depending on which level you are. I tested with several other Megas and they did not have this problem.

Just a shot in the dark, but I think this might have been a result of moving Mawile from its original Fast experience group to Medium-Fast, but forgetting to do the same with Mawile-Mega? I checked in your Docs and saw that Mawile is the only Pokemon in the list of Experience group changes that have a Mega (at least in X and Y: think Swablu, Buneary, and Numel were all introduced ORAS).

Again, I'm not sure if its a bug or if its just me but great job once again :).

You're welcome, glad you're enjoying it!

Good guess! That's exactly what the problem was, I'd forgotten to move Mega Mawile into the Medium-Fast experience group. Turns out regular Mawile was also in Medium-Slow for whatever reason, so that's been fixed now too. Thanks for reporting this, I'm surprised no one mentioned/found it sooner.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2019
Thanks for that amazing Hack Rom! I just finished it with this team:

Ambipom(With Skill Link+Tail Slap) - Delphox - Slurpuff - Ttar - Octillery (A.K.A Recover and Moody abuser) - Farfetch'd (A.K.A "A critical hit!")

And also, U-Turn has a bug (?), EVERYTIME that someone uses U-Turn on me ALWAYS is a critical hit...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks for that amazing Hack Rom! I just finished it with this team:

Ambipom(With Skill Link+Tail Slap) - Delphox - Slurpuff - Ttar - Octillery (A.K.A Recover and Moody abuser) - Farfetch'd (A.K.A "A critical hit!")

And also, U-Turn has a bug (?), EVERYTIME that someone uses U-Turn on me ALWAYS is a critical hit...

Thanks! Good to hear you enjoyed playing. That sounds like a pretty fun team, it's always nice to see things like Farfetch'd and Octillery being useful.

I've double checked U-Turn in the move editor, unfortunately you've just had really bad luck against it :laugh-squinted:.

Years
And since you're still replying, I have some news!
If you replace the original code.bin with the one in the 1.5 update, and edit it as you like with pk3DS, the patch will work with 1.5 update! I also removed the 0/7/4 file, since it's in the update too, to avoid any bugs. But if you edit the one within the 1.5 update, it should work fine.
The game didn't froze until now, but i will keep testing.
I'm using the legal version installed with luma, without the 0/1/2 file (wild pok?mon), 2/1/3,5 and 8 (lvl up moves, egg moves, lvl up moves, HA and such) and with all trainer levels multiplied by 0.8 (so they are slighty higher than the originals). I din't tested the other install methods because I find the luma install method much easier to test.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
And since you're still replying, I have some news!
If you replace the original code.bin with the one in the 1.5 update, and edit it as you like with pk3DS, the patch will work with 1.5 update! I also removed the 0/7/4 file, since it's in the update too, to avoid any bugs. But if you edit the one within the 1.5 update, it should work fine.
The game didn't froze until now, but i will keep testing.
I'm using the legal version installed with luma, without the 0/1/2 file (wild pok?mon), 2/1/3,5 and 8 (lvl up moves, egg moves, lvl up moves, HA and such) and with all trainer levels multiplied by 0.8 (so they are slighty higher than the originals). I din't tested the other install methods because I find the luma install method much easier to test.

Ooh, that's an interesting find. Last time I tried getting the update to run with the hack, pk3DS couldn't edit the code.bin file (though that's not really an issue as HxD can edit it just fine). I'll see if I can get the full hack running with the update, it'd be nice to have all the bug fixes it brings. Thanks for letting me know about this! I won't bother with the other install methods either, there's really no reason to use them over luma.

EDIT: After testing this, it seems that including any of the mod files that clash with the update makes luma crash, so the full hack still won't work with the update unfortunately.

Last edited:
Years
EDIT: After testing this, it seems that including any of the mod files that clash with the update makes luma crash, so the full hack still won't work with the update unfortunately.

This is sad :(
Do you have a list with the changes you did in the game text (0/7/4) and the wild pok?mon (2/1/0) in the online version, and on the code.bin in the legit version? I can redo this changes manually in the 1.5 files if you want to, since this 3 are the problematic ones.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
This is sad :(
Do you have a list with the changes you did in the game text (0/7/4) and the wild pok?mon (2/1/0) in the online version, and on the code.bin in the legit version? I can redo this changes manually in the 1.5 files if you want to, since this 3 are the problematic ones.

The wild Pokemon file should be ok as is, IIRC the one in the update is identical to the one in the base game, so no need to edit that one. Might be worth double checking if you've got a clean garc available though. Game text changes should just be move descriptions for Cut, Strength and Drill Peck (maybe Draining Kiss too if I remembered to update that). The code.bin includes the updated TM list and mart changes. Good luck, and thanks for trying this!

Years
Hello again! I've took some time, but there it is!
The online version of Eternal X was not working. You forgot to rename 0004000000055"E"00 to 0004000000055"D"00 in the Eternal X folder
When I tried to edit the TMs (elemental punches and such) the game crashed, so I've edited one without this changes.
Replace the eternal x online files with this ones in the 0004000000055D00 file and and tell me if it worked for you :)
Ah, I probably forgot to edit some market item prices (2/2/0 file), sry
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SPNymYHc52bfTVupeYtkk4kcGlV9xh12/view?usp=sharing

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello again! I've took some time, but there it is!
The online version of Eternal X was not working. You forgot to rename 0004000000055"E"00 to 0004000000055"D"00 in the Eternal X folder
When I tried to edit the TMs (elemental punches and such) the game crashed, so I've edited one without this changes.
Replace the eternal x online files with this ones in the 0004000000055D00 file and and tell me if it worked for you :)
Ah, I probably forgot to edit some market item prices (2/2/0 file), sry
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SPNymYHc52bfTVupeYtkk4kcGlV9xh12/view?usp=sharing

Whoops, that's fixed now. The online version was kinda half-assed, so I'm not surprised that happened :laugh-squinted:. Your code.bin is working perfectly; I've added it to the online version download. Thanks for getting that working! It's a shame about the TMs, but probably for the best seeing as they won't work without edited Pokemon data anyway. I suppose I'll need to make one for Wilting Y at some point too. Was it just a simple pk3DS edit or did you have to use a hex editor?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 31, 2020
It's kinda weird but I'm using Hans to install the hack.. But I'm having problems...
I've done everything that's there.. But it won't work.. Anyway fixing it or is using Hans outdated or something.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
It's kinda weird but I'm using Hans to install the hack.. But I'm having problems...
I've done everything that's there.. But it won't work.. Anyway fixing it or is using Hans outdated or something.

Hans is very outdated. I don't remember too much about using it, but it should still work with the hack as long as you don't include the edited .cro file when building the ROMfs. luma custom firmware is the preferred way to play these days, it makes installing mods a simple drag and drop process. If you've still got access to Hans you can get luma running on your 3DS by following this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 31, 2020
Thanks!! Finally got Luma 3ds. Now I have another problem for one thing I patched everything as instructed the problem is that once I start the game the custom title screen is not appearing and I'm playing the English version. Any idea what went wrong?

Edit: Nvm I found out I had merge the documents.

Last edited:

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Unfortunately it crashes when I get out of the buiding. Playing on LUMA. Maybe I'm doing something wrong

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Unfortunately it crashes when I get out of the buiding. Playing on LUMA. Maybe I'm doing something wrong

That's strange. Which building, and does it cause a crash with luma game patching disabled? Also, which version are you playing? I'll see if I can replicate the problem on my 3DS.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
That's strange. Which building, and does it cause a crash with luma game patching disabled? Also, which version are you playing? I'll see if I can replicate the problem on my 3DS.

Thank you for your concern! I'm terribly sorry, it was me messing up with merging folders. I've tried to do it just via wifi and micro SD management. It was ridiculously slow and eventually it just gave me an error message, offering to repeat the process. I've agreed, it somehow finished the process way too fast. After I've installed filezilla and some tool from GBAtemp , everything went up smoothly.
Arvis the fennekin managed to snag blazikenite from a torchicO_O that was soo unexpected. Playing your hack bit by bit and it feels so refreshing. i haven't played pokemon X/Y since, I dunno 2014.

Back