• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
As we all really know, battling techniques in the anime is pretty different in the games. :3

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
And it's actually annoying as most of the kids today watch anime and they actually thought the informations that they would get are useful and helpful in the games too! 8D

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
And it's actually annoying as most of the kids today watch anime and they actually thought the informations that they would get are useful and helpful in the games too! 8D

well. I am guilty of that once. I once waited for the sprinklers to come on during my first yellow play. But yeah, anime today are giving more false info to kids.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
In the games, it actually depends on the level of your Pokemon and of course the type. In the anime, whatever type you are, you can defeat a Pokemon. XD

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Things are getting a bit spammy, so I'll start a new topic:
Which of the TM moves from the original games do you like/dislike the most? Would you like to see some of them make a comeback?
With me, I like that Double-Edge was a TM. I really would like it to make a comeback, so that way any physical-attacking Normal-type can get some very effective STAB. Also, how about Tri-Attack? Again, STAB on Normal-types, this time for those who use Special Attack.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
LOL. anime logic is pretty ****** up. Haha. They seems really unorthodox and such.

Yup.

Funny how we got from talking about Charizard vs Snorlax to why we can hit ground types with electric types on anime.

(on that matter, I think it will be a very closely contested tie or very narrow win to either side. While Snorlax may be a tank and a powerful/agile battler, has Charizard's sheer power is unparellel.)

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Yeah.

On topic:

Tri Attack. Only. For me it is the only attack worth Tm'ing again, since it could be pretty deadly.

Shijo

Scientist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
umm... tri attack is pretty decent, i hated when some of the tm of generation 1 were changed to move tutor, like mega punch, counter, etc... i would like to see those moves as tm's again

miltankRancher

Years
umm... tri attack is pretty decent, i hated when some of the tm of generation 1 were changed to move tutor, like mega punch, counter, etc... i would like to see those moves as tm's again

Pretty neutral here, since it gives more slots for other Tm's. For Tri Attack however, the absence of a move tutor for it really limits it pool distribution.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Points have been updated. Shijo, this includes your points for using a userbar.

Shijo, having Counter as a TM again would be a great idea. While in-game, predicting certain attacks are difficult, when it comes to competitive play, you can relatively easily predict whether your opponent's next move will be physical or special. Though, Counter is widely distributed through breeding.

Members, remember that event I mentioned? Well, I will now tell you that the event will be announced this Tuesday. That is, Tuesday by my time (EST) for those of you in other parts of the world.

miltankRancher

Years
Excited for the event!

Using counter competitively is still a sight for me to see. despite its usefulness and such, Counter is easily dismissed for priority attacks such as the new Bullet punch (especially on Life Orb Technician STABbed Scizor.)

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years

Which of the TM moves from the original games do you like/dislike the most? Would you like to see some of them make a comeback?
OMG, I like this topic. I would say Flash as I found it useless and I never use it except in the dark cave :P

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Things are getting a bit spammy, so I'll start a new topic:
With me, I like that Double-Edge was a TM. I really would like it to make a comeback, so that way any physical-attacking Normal-type can get some very effective STAB. Also, how about Tri-Attack? Again, STAB on Normal-types, this time for those who use Special Attack.

Out of the ones that aren't currently available as TMs, I found many of those moves to be useless compared to what we have now, to be honest. Moves like double edge, tri attack, and counter still aren't bad moves, though.

Excited for the event!

Using counter competitively is still a sight for me to see. despite its usefulness and such, Counter is easily dismissed for priority attacks such as the new Bullet punch (especially on Life Orb Technician STABbed Scizor.)

Counter is especially effective when you teach it to certain pokemon, such as Wobbuffet, but I do agree that it's not much useful in a general sense.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I have just updated the points because our member 2Cool4Mewtwo has contributed us some new userbars, a total of 3. 2Cool4Mewtwo, at 20 points each, that means you just got 60 bonus points. Thanks a lot! Members, those userbars have been added to the OP. Feel free to use them if you want.

miltankRancher

Years
OMG, I like this topic. I would say Flash as I found it useless and I never use it except in the dark cave :P

IIRC, flash is an HM but what the hell. it is really a useless move. Why the hell would one bother with accuracy rather than boost your Atk or SpA?

Shijo

Scientist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
IIRC, flash is an HM but what the hell. it is really a useless move. Why the hell would one bother with accuracy rather than boost your Atk or SpA?
in the r/b/y or FR/LG i dont use flash, not even get the hm, i know the dark cave of memory lol, is the most useless move after splash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back