• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I've got something puzzling.

How can the player access Castelia City's Park, as well as the alley that has a Roughneck, a Dancer, & Guitarist trainers?

Surf. Just surf around until you find the exit to the alley. The park is near the beginning of the sewers, its up a set of stairs.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Can we do funfest missions with past games?
Example, can I do missions with my White (1) and my Black 2?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I want a female Panpour. How do I get one? I'm looking in Lostlorn Forest.

P.S.
I can swear that I've already battled that male Pokemon Breeder before, but he challenged me again.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want a female Panpour. How do I get one? I'm looking in Lostlorn Forest.

P.S.
I can swear that I've already battled that male Pokemon Breeder before, but he challenged me again.

Check the shaking grass, there's a 10% chance of it appearing there.

And Pokemon Breeders throughout the region battle you over and over (when their position resets to where they were originally standing/facing, which could include going through a walkthrough, or building etc). It's good for money at least? :(

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018

Check the shaking grass, there's a 10% chance of it appearing there.

And Pokemon Breeders throughout the region battle you over and over (when their position resets to where they were originally standing/facing, which could include going through a walkthrough, or building etc). It's good for money at least? :(

Is there a quicker way to make shaking grass appear?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is there a quicker way to make shaking grass appear?

I tend to run back and forward but make a certain large area with lots of grass disappear on and off the screen rather than run back and forward with it on the screen. idk it might not matter but that's how I do it at least. Other than that there's no real way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
Do Challange Mode/Assist Mode only affect the game after E4? Will trainers (post-game) immediately have higher/lower level pokemon after obtaining it?

Years
Do Challange Mode/Assist Mode only affect the game after E4? Will trainers (post-game) immediately have higher/lower level pokemon after obtaining it?

Nope, Challenge Mode & Easy Mode (Assist Mode in Japanese) only take effect when starting a new game.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

Yes, they affect the trainers post-game. For instance, if I go to battle Cynthia her Pokemon will be lv80+ instead of lv76+. This works without the need of outside Black/White 2 cartridges.

To play Challenge Mode from the start of the game you will have to have a second Black 2 and DS system or a friend with Black 2 send you the Challenge Key.

If you delete your own Black 2 and restart, you will lose the key and not be able to play Challenge Mode.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
Yes, they affect the trainers post-game. For instance, if I go to battle Cynthia her Pokemon will be lv80+ instead of lv76+. This works without the need of outside Black/White 2 cartridges.

To play Challenge Mode from the start of the game you will have to have a second Black 2 and DS system or a friend with Black 2 send you the Challenge Key.

If you delete your own Black 2 and restart, you will lose the key and not be able to play Challenge Mode.

Does it change the gameplay considerably? I only plan to buy Black 2 because of it.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Does it change the gameplay considerably? I only plan to buy Black 2 because of it.

Depends on your play style. Personally, when I first entered post-game I started to send over Pokemon from previous versions, thus Challenge Mode didn't really change much.

But during the beginning campaign, it affects it greatly. Not only do all trainers have higher level Pokemon, Gym Leaders/E4 also have extra Pokemon. And the AI is much better, you won't be able to power through most of it without careful team/action choices.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I've got another thing to ask.

With regards to Serebii's Unova guide, there should be someone who gives you an Eevee with its hidden ability as a gift in Castelia City. It gave me an idea as to where I should be, but what I'd like to know is, who do I need to talk to in order to receive the eevee gift?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@Blade_of_darkness
You have to defeat the Elite 4 first. You'll receive the Eevee in the Dream World research lab from one of Fennel's assistants. I haven't tried it yet but I found the info on Gift Pokemon on Serebii.

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Are pokemon found in hidden grottos always male? I tried restarting my game a handful of times to encounter a female minccino (the very first hidden grotto shown by Bianca) yet it seems to be always male. Also wiki seems to indicate that only one of each pokemon type can be caught, so if I catch the minccino now I'll never find another minccino with the hidden ability?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Are pokemon found in hidden grottos always male? I tried restarting my game a handful of times to encounter a female minccino (the very first hidden grotto shown by Bianca) yet it seems to be always male. Also wiki seems to indicate that only one of each pokemon type can be caught, so if I catch the minccino now I'll never find another minccino with the hidden ability?

MOST of the Pokemon have only a 30% chance of being female, with Minccino actually having a 60% chance. However, Pokemon, Items, and genders, cannot be soft-reseted. The moment whatever it is has been generated, it is there to stay, with natures of Pokemon being the only exception.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
She's still in Driftveil, if memory serves. In that tent area like she was in BW. I might be wrong though, but I'm still pretty sure they didn't move her. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong person! ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back