• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you be this person?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
In front of you stands a person. They are of your age, your ethnicity, and your gender. You don't know them very well but you've seen them around; they look to be at least fairly normal with regards to intelligence, social skills and sporting ability. They seem to be generally well-rounded. No massively apparently obvious flaws, no massively apparently obvious strengths. But there may be some less obvious ones, or some which you've not seen yet.

If it was possible, would you switch lives with this person?

Another question - in front of you stands a person. They are of your age, ethnicity and gender. You've never seen them before and have no idea about who they are or what they're like. Does your answer change?

And one final one! In front of you stands a person. They are of your age, ethnicity and gender. You know them very well; they're of average ability in more or less everything and they have nothing to hide. You know this to be a fact. Well-rounded, but neither outstanding nor flawed in any way. How about now?

...okay I lied. Last one, I promise. You have been told that there is a person who is above average in most respects, and you know this for a fact. However, you've never seen this person before; you have no idea of their age, gender, ethnicity or location. Will you switch lives with them?

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope. I've been in my own life long enough to understand it- and I like my life. {:

Edit:
Juuuust missed the other questions.

Still the same answer, though. I'm used to things the way they already are.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
No, no, yes, no.

If I had to pick one to swap with then I would definitely go with the third because I have no problem with mediocrity. Not being great at stuff sucks, but not having flaws is beyond great. I don't care much about age, ethnicity, or gender, but I wouldn't be too keen on swapping lives with me unless we knew each other pretty well. It'd really suck if we threw away what the other had worked really hard to establish.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
No, I'm satisfiedon who I am right now. I would like to emulate who I consider my role models but living their life is not for me.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I would say no to all of them. Even though I may not be the best looking bloke around, or the most social, I'm pretty happy with who I am and what I may be able to achieve. I already above average at most things, like school in general, sports, maturity ect, but like the rest I have my flaws, big flaws infact.

Overall, I wouldn't take the step into the unknown in my situation right now.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
No to all of them, I like the life I'm living and it would be horrible to just leave everything I've done behind and live the life of another person, I don't have the perfect life but nobody does and no matter how well you know someone if you walked a mile in their shoes you're going to find something bad, the outward appearance of a person can hide a whole number of issues, sure, they may seem to be of average ability in everything and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, you can always improve if you work hard enough, but there is always something which is lying unnoticed, and you're going to find that eventually if you step into the life of someone else.

So uh yeah, no I wouldn't swap lives with someone, I'm fine with the cards I've been dealt thank you (And anyway I'm perfect)

Years
I'm fairly comfortable with the course my life has taken, so I'd find it hard to swap lives with someone that I know very little about, no matter how they look or what their abilities are. I also wouldn't want to have to hand my life over to someone else, either. Sure, there's nothing I can complain about in my current situation, but it'd be easy for another person to pick out the parts they hate about it (and I'm sure there'd be quite a few).

Being able to switch lives with someone that I'm a more familiar with is a little bit more enticing, though. Still, I don't think I know of anyone that has a substantially better life than I do, so even then, I probably wouldn't switch if given the opportunity.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
No. Definitely not. Anything that can be seen in such a way is superficial; the person could be a psycho back home, have a horrific past (i.e. murder, rape) or just putting up a facade. What I see isn't exact "what I would get."

Also, I like myself. I'm the cheeriest, bubbliest, most logical and most intelligent person I know. I'm happy with myself and my optimism; my goals, my ambitions and my beliefs. I wouldn't swap that out, even if it meant I could lose weight or anything. Sure, it'd be nice to be thinner, but I'll get to it in my own time... Unless it's predestined that my weight issue be part of the trials of Earth.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
For some reason, I'd probably accept the first option. I think I would jump at the chance to see how a "normal" person goes about their day.

I might accept the second, as it seems a little exciting to jump into the life of someone completely different from who you are. I'd relish the opportunity.

The last option seems a little bland, because everyone I know irl have gotten a bit boring in my eyes.

owait, there's another - It seems like an interesting idea, but I probably wouldn't.

Last edited:
Back