• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

~Defeating a Mirage~ OOC Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
Alright, since OOCing seems to constantly occur in this RP, I've decided that creating an OOC thread would be the intelligent thing to do. So, as you know, this thread is to discuss things related to "Defeating a Mirage". I will update this thread to inform you all about some things that will be happening some time soon and I'll explain them thoroughly. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

((Quick question. One, are these newly introduced NPC's under your control, or can they be controlled by everybody?
I will be controlling them, for now at least.

((Question. Once Akane and Fen finish off that third shinobi they're battling, could we time skip to the tower?

That would make things a tad awkward, since there are a few people at the tower. Unless you just mean that everyone has regrouped and have just arrived to the three enemies?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
why does no one use this thread.... i totally didn't know it existed, you should advertise it a spec in the RP

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
OOC thread...so magical...o.o

So yeah, just thought I'd pop by here too. Personally, I've never seen the issue with having OOCs in there as long as they come with a decently sized IC attached (after all, sometimes you'll just want to clarify a few points or request clarification on something else, and in that case going to post in a separate thread might feel a bit...excessive) but then that's just my way of running things. *Shrug* Oh, and even though it might seem a bit contradictory to your aim, I do second the notion of giving OOC notification of this thread. You'd be surprising how easy it is to miss these things when they're on a different subforum.

Anyways, while on the subject of clarifications...I think some of that is in order about the Housekis. First off, they're not actually aligned with the village of rock; they're a wandering clan and make a policy of covering their tracks by disguising themselves as shinobi of other clans during missions (hence why these three were wearing Sound village attires :3). The rock would actually consider them rogue nin because of a complicated coup the Houseki clan tried to pull (not getting into detail here since it's complicated and the details themselves aren't that relevant) and unless the rain nin somehow overheard Kurodaiya's tirade I don't where they would have gotten the rock thing. Oh, and since they have no village the Housekis also have no forehead protector symbol, so they use their namesake jewels as identification instead. Oh, and with their mission completed, they'd be getting out of the area as fast as possible because...well, let's just say that members of the Tamori clan are rather protective of their own. x3

And yeah, I've been toying with the idea of a little scene in Hanako's mind to spin on the subplot with her weapon and the tree (might wait until she finally gets some treatment, though). It won't have any impact on the current events whatsoever, though, so there's no need to worry about that.

That aside, happy RPing everyone. ^.^

Last edited:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
Got it in muh sig ;]

Though we haven't reached the exact point yet, I'd like to explain how the time skip into the final exam will go. Once we are finished with the second exam, the time skip will start. Everyone will start their next post at the exam stadium. During the time skip, you are allowed to have taught your character at least two new moves. There will only be ten contestants left, so there will be five starting matches. Also, when you open your scrolls in the tower, just compromise with each other to have it be a random chuunin summoned.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
3 might be a bit much to have learned over the course of one month, especially considering that most of the chars in the show/manga only came back with 1 hard earned new jutsu?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Omaigawd. D:

I'm so sorry for the double move, I accidentally moved it to the wrong place.

So yeah, I hope it's in the right place now. xD;

*apologiesapologies*

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
ty Xeno :>

3 might be a bit much to have learned over the course of one month, especially considering that most of the chars in the show/manga only came back with 1 hard earned new jutsu?

I kinda thought so too, and after I took what I said to thought, I figure we are better off with one jutsu being learned. I think I'll allow at least two though, because some people may have a good idea for two jutsu's, so, I'll lower the standards just a tad.

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
Holy moses. I didn't even know this thread existed. :o

And yes, for the time skip, it'd be good to just have us all regroup so we can kick the snot out of those NPC ninja. And then I'll introduce my Medic-Nin when the teams actually get inside the tower itself.

On another note, whenever anyone wants to make a post in the actual topic, feel free. I edited my last post to include some actual IC content, so... :x

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Yeah, I just took out that third shinobi (though I may have to edit out the part about Akane wiping out ten clones. I actually thought of a more logical scenario anyway, so I may switch the details slightly regarding that. Same outcome and principle though. :3)

Yeah... anyway, can't wait for the next portion of the exams. I couldn't think of any particularly interesting light-based jutsu for Akane, but now that I've had longer to think I can add a few interesting moves...

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
ya, it looks like Akane and Fen will be returning soon, so lets wrap things up... i need a new wind based jutsu, i've been thinkin but its kinda hard haha. i THINK i have one though...

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
me neither, ive thought of at least 1 new fire or maybe even letting him realease second stage keckerogan.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
I've been trying to think of the best way to go about with when we start the battles, if we end up with another character. My first thought was to have the two choose who would win, then do the battle, but I'm not sure that it would be so simple, because of course each of us are going to want our character to win (Well, some of us ;>> ) So, I'll see what you all think; would you prefer to pm each other and decide who wins, or some other form of doing so. I'm also not very ok with just doing the battle and see who wins, because, like I said, ppl want their character to win, so they'll most likely start cheating .-. Not calling any of you cheaters, but just keep that in mind. I have other thoughts of going about it, but I'm not very supportive of them. We can also just draw ppl out of a hat if that is okay with all of you :\

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
lol ya, i can already see the problems with the battles.... there really isn't an easy way to solve this... we can play rock paper scissors and send their choices to a middle man and they can PM them both the winner?

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
Actually, I just thought of a good one; I can pick a # from 1-10 and who ever is closest wins...of course I'll need someone to do that with me and my opponent if it's one of you guys ...darn D:<

btw: xD idk about that one.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
haha that can work too. Are we only going to be fighting each other? or does someone get an NPC battle?

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
haha that can work too. Are we only going to be fighting each other? or does someone get an NPC battle?

Yes, like the other times, I'm going to draw the names out of hats and exchange NPC's that will make the battle difficult for your character...aren't I just nice x]

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
mmkay... in that case... just for an idea, how many participants in round 3? and lets decide the order real fast as incentive for the others to post and get us out of the forest faster :D

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
Alright, I've got the match ups. I also just realized that only my team got NPC' s D: I'll have to take some time to think up a difficult opponent for me? Oh joy Dx

I'll pm Evkay & Sharpay some info on their opponents.

1st Round
Souran VS. Yumi

2nd Round
Keiko VS. NPC1 Koudo Metoku

3rd Round
Akane VS. Dansei

4th Round
Souran VS. NPC2 Seishi Mitsari

5th Round
Fen VS. NPC3 Sumiyaka Araki​

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
ummm quick Correction. I imagine that after a month, Hanako will be feeling much better... and would love to participate?

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
ummm quick Correction. I imagine that after a month, Hanako will be feeling much better... and would love to participate?

Well, that kinda depends on whether Alter Ego returns some time soon, which I'm not very sure will happen :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back