• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I played my first 18+ rated game at the age of 16. My parents were pretty strict before this age, however as they realised that I was maturing quicker than most of my peers, they really didn't care anymore.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I made a typo. I should have said the main reason. But the 3DS library isn't very diverse like the GBA was. Most of the titles you mentioned are platforms/strategy games. There aren't really many action games for the 3DS when you look at it.
Funny, I don't remember ALBW, New Leaf, Ace Attorney 5, RE:Revelations, KIU, Luigi's Mansion 2, MK7, Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, and SSB4 fitting under the platform/strategy genre.

TY

The point is, games that are for Nintendo arent that popular since the graphics are inferior to the Xbox,PS or PC, and that is what attracts the gaming consumer nowadays.

Im not a normal gaming consumer anyways since i play games regardless of the graphics, but if a game looks good thats just a bonus.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Of course the 3DS's games libary isn't as impressive as the GBA's. The 3DS is only a couple years old, so it hasn't had a whole lot of games developed for it. The 3DS is only, roughly, two and a half years old and the GBA was in production for 7 years so... Comparatively though, the 3DS is doing well - Just over 30 million units sold so far, compared to the GBA's total of 81 million units. As it is right now, the 3DS is close to hitting the same amount of sells in Japan as the GBA did. Additionally, the base model 3DS has sold more in Japan when compared to the DS's base model.

So realistically, the 3DS is doing just fine.

Honestly though, I see the entire handheld market collapsing soon. The handheld market is mainly aimed at those seeking portable gaming and tablet's can do that, perhaps even better thanks to their superior hardware.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Honestly though, I see the entire handheld market collapsing soon. The handheld market is mainly aimed at those seeking portable gaming and tablet's can do that, perhaps even better thanks to their superior hardware.
A lot of gamers would disagree on you with that. The reason why tablets and smartphones will selling more is because it's a necessity in life if you want to contact people, unlike video game systems. However, the games included on the tablets are low-budget and because their real purpose is to kill time waiting in line, they're inferior to high-budget games made in a traditional gaming system. How are you suppose to playing a game like Street Fighter properly if have to use a touch pad rather than buttons?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Who here still enjoys Skyrim? It's weird how a game released around 2 years ago can still hold such relevance, depth and interest.

TY

I havent played Skyrim at all since i got late into RPG games, but i most likely wanna give it a try

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What I really like about Skyrim is that it gives me the freedom to be the way I want to be and take control of my own destiny. The graphics of this game are beautiful, and the plot is amazing. The game also has an unlimited amount of quests, so whenever I'm playing it, I always have something to do. For me, it's impossible to just call this game boring. It could get kind of annoying when NPCs start randomly attacking you, but they're not that hard to deal with. :P

Last edited:

TY

I've seen some video's about it and i have to say i might like this game a lot, a free open world where you can do w/e you want, but also has missions. I may even get too addicted to this game D:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Who here still enjoys Skyrim? It's weird how a game released around 2 years ago can still hold such relevance, depth and interest.

Have you played TES III: Morrowind or maybe even TESO? I love Morrowind so much it has a better story line, more of everything and the sondtrack is hilarious when you get fanfares right after killing a measly rat :D

It is also fun when you mod it with 80 gigabytes of modifications so it is up to skyrim standards in terms of graphics.

Morrwind-Daggerfall-Skyrim-Arena-Oblivion

from left to right are the best TES games.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I've finished the main story of Skyrim a while ago. It was a great game but Morrowind will always be my favourite. It was fun how some guilds where intersecting in this game giving the sidequests a deeper meaning especially if you want to be master of all of them.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I made a typo. I should have said the main reason.
Let's not fool ourselves. The 3DS has been selling good before X/Y were announced, not to mention afterwards Luigi's Mansion 2 and especially Animal Crossing topped charts. People are underestimating the 3DS.
The point is, games that are for Nintendo arent that popular since the graphics are inferior to the Xbox,PS or PC, and that is what attracts the gaming consumer nowadays.
I don't really sit well with this. People complain about graphics for Nintendo games but it's more of an excuse, since these same people play on the 360/PS3 which are vastly inferior compared to PC. I mean for god damn sake lots of people complained about Pikmin 3's ground textures (totally ignoring the other, important visual stuff) but you won't even notice them considering where the camera view is. The real complaint is that they're too "kiddy".

Besides, technology can only get you so far when you don't have a compelling art style, which is something Nintendo excels at. There's a reason why people actually consider lots of 3DS game to be rather visually appealing. I mean, look at Luigi's Mansion 2. The art style is second to none.

Also, the new Vita stuff hopefully will let people finally get into the Vita. Too bad they'll miss DAT OLED though. ;)

For me, it's impossible to just call this game boring.
I can. Skyrim may give you freedom, but it's TOO much freedom. The only thing you can do in that game is run around and well...just mess with stuff, in a rather bland world with no substance. Oh and you can do some of the most boring quests in a game I guess, but no one cares for those. Maybe you can find some fun in the bugs too I dunno.

Now the mods though...

Last edited:
Years
3DS was going nowhere until the price drop, in my opinion. The price drop is what changed things around, though you could argue that introduction of more games was more influential in changing its fate. I hope the same becomes true for PS Vita.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I can. Skyrim may give you freedom, but it's TOO much freedom. The only thing you can do in that game is run around and well...just mess with stuff, in a rather bland world with no substance. Oh and you can do some of the most boring quests in a game I guess, but no one cares for those. Maybe you can find some fun in the bugs too I dunno.

Honestly, the freedom is one of my favorite parts of Skyrim. It's almost become one of my standards for PC games now. Playing the game at my own pace and doing whatever I want certainly allows me to play the game for hours during a session and never get bored. And even if I got bored during a quest, I could just go do some other quest that requires my attention. It also makes exploring the land so much more enjoyable.

Morrwind-Daggerfall-Skyrim-Arena-Oblivion

from left to right are the best TES games.

I haven't played Morrowind or Oblivion, but Skyrim blows away the other two imo. Arena and Daggerfall were not very entertaining. I could only play them for a couple hours before getting sick of them. Not to mention that I had a heck of a time figuring out what I was supposed to do...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I bought Skyrim last year on Steam during the Holiday Sale, but I never got the chance to play, for I was too busy trying to beat my new games I bought at the time.

Do you guys think video games are able to predict the future? I'm asking you guys because of the recent episode of Game Theory regarding the same topic (watch it at your own risk if you don't want to know how the future is going to be like in the next couple of decades/centuries): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZ3NWSL3VY

TY

I dont think so, many games did it before and failed, so the chances are slim that its able to predict it now.

For instance, the first Command and Conquer was a prediction to the future, and it never came true cause right now the world should have been flooded with deadly crystals.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Have any of you been playing any of the old Mario games lately?

I've started playing Super Mario 64 DS on my 3DS recently. I haven't gotten very far in this game yet, because unfortunately, there's already a lot of other games that I need to finish. I play this game only when I need a little break from them. So far, I've managed to capture about five or six stars. I'll try to get my hands on some more stars when I turn on my 3DS again later tonight. d:

Last edited:

TY

Nope, mainly because i have no Mario games at all, but also since i left my DS for dead since im too busy with college and creating single player missions, etc...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Interesting news: Monster Hunter 4 was released this week in Japan. On Saturday. Well, this are the hardware sales there from last Wednesday until yesterday:

TKQBtzf.png

wakka wakka wakka

Semana37_zpsf685c2bc.png

01./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 # <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.09.14} (¥5.990) - 1.875.115 / NEW <80-100%>

Kind of... insane. 3DS is about to beat Wii, if it hasn't by now.

TY

Holy... thats insane. But i can see that going down eventually when the PS4 and the Xbox One gets released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back