• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Are you interested in non-Pokémon roleplay? Do you only join Pokémon roleplays?
Sort of, but the only other role play I'd really join is a Grandia themed role play; although I doubt that'd get much activity haha. I get really uncomfortable RPing about something that I'm not really knowledgeable about so I wouldn't be interested in joining a RP based on a topic I don't have much experience with. For example Megan's new Hunger Games role play; I know it specifically states that you don't need to read the Hunger Games books beforehand, but I'd still feel uncomfortable taking part until I had read them. :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Are you interested in non-Pokémon roleplay? Do you only join Pokémon roleplays?
Sort of, but the only other role play I'd really join is a Grandia themed role play; although I doubt that'd get much activity haha. I get really uncomfortable RPing about something that I'm not really knowledgeable about so I wouldn't be interested in joining a RP based on a topic I don't have much experience with. For example Megan's new Hunger Games role play; I know it specifically states that you don't need to read the Hunger Games books beforehand, but I'd still feel uncomfortable taking part until I had read them. :3
Back last year in April when Eeveemaster9 created Years of Lies, I joined solely on the storyline. I had no idea for a little bit afterwards that it was based on the Hunger Games.

Maybe you should just take that mindset! As opposed to thinking that you gotta know the entire story of a series, just read what they've got and see if it makes sense to you!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Hello, I'm back! It feels good to be back here. I was wondering if anyone has any RPs they're making, or if anyone can suggest any RPs I could join.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
SD- i'm remaking my Youkai Academy RP, dont worry, everyone's character will be added automatically, so yours too.

I'm also thinking of making a kingdom hearts RP and bringing it out around... August and september, anyone has any ideas for the KH RP? Plot etc.?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
SD- i'm remaking my Youkai Academy RP, dont worry, everyone's character will be added automatically, so yours too.

I'm also thinking of making a kingdom hearts RP and bringing it out around... August and september, anyone has any ideas for the KH RP? Plot etc.?
Don't overload yourself, if I were you, I'd get one going a few months before the other, or just one at a time. A lot of stress comes from simultaneously doing GMing multiple RPs, especially one as big as Youkai Academy and a storyline as convoluted as Kingdom Hearts'.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I need some RPing to get back into my writing mindset. Damn, it feels good to be back.

Let's see...

Pokemon Fallout - Even though Marin is the only one I've really interacted with in it, it's still fun.

Earth & Sky - I was happy to get back into it. It's also accepting new members, guys!

Sacred Fire / Divine Water - My RP. Still need more spots on the Sacred Fire family before we can start! SINE AHP NAO!!

I might not join another until I feel I'm ready. Especially since now I have to deal with "Real World Problems".

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Akio-kun: I've already asked to reserve a spot in Sacred Fire / Divine Water. If you check I posted to reserve a spot in Sacred Fire.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Danger on the S.S. Anne has a few slots available! I thought I'd let a few more join at the first stop.

Q: What is your ideal amount of players in an RP?

Personally I love big groups. It means there is an opportunity to like some people, dislike people, and there is much more choice and variety. Really I think interacting with the same few people non-stop can get a bit tiring and samey XD.

(Hence why S.S. Anne is now up to 18)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I've always preferred small groups. In a huge number of peoples, you can lose track when people are posting too often. Anyone remember Focus Shift? That was the perfect amount of people to activity ratio.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years

My ideal number of players is anywhere from 3-6. I like small groups, because it makes it easy to coordinate things with people; additionally, there's much more opportunity to create something that one is passionate about when one has a small group of people to share it with (at least in my opinion) rather than a larger group.

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
Depends on the RP, normally I'd say 6 including the GM.
its a nice round number and theres a good chance of at least 3 of them being avid RPers.

By the way my RP's been up for a few days.
It's part of a series but not everyone who plays will need to play in the future parts.
I'd like it if some people signed up within the week.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

I'm kind of a sucker for crowds (that 10-15 range, not like 50-60), but they're a bit hard to handle. The RPs with a small group always function a lot better, it seems. I've got a wonderful group of fourteen in my own RP though, so who's to say big groups can't function smoothly too?

droomph

weeb
Years
Sorry to break the flow and stuff, but I've always wanted to get into RP but it's always been hard :c

What do you guys suggest a great starting point be?

And...

From a literature point of view, there can be as many as you want, as long as 1) you can make sure that everyone gets equal exposure (provided that they're all main characters) and 2) there's a reason for them to be there, a good reason. Not just "oh he's a transfer student".

Usually that means around 5-10 people. Too few and it starts to become a monologue, and too many means it's just crazy to follow.

Of course, if you (the RPers) are skilled enough as a group, you can keep the flow going with any amount of people, high or low.

sry imma noob :c

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
Sorry to break the flow and stuff, but I've always wanted to get into RP but it's always been hard :c

What do you guys suggest a great starting point be?

And...

From a literature point of view, there can be as many as you want, as long as 1) you can make sure that everyone gets equal exposure (provided that they're all main characters) and 2) there's a reason for them to be there, a good reason. Not just "oh he's a transfer student".

Usually that means around 5-10 people. Too few and it starts to become a monologue, and too many means it's just crazy to follow.

Of course, if you (the RPers) are skilled enough as a group, you can keep the flow going with any amount of people, high or low.

sry imma noob :c
I formally invite you to join mine,
I work on a person to person level so I'll be there to help you out along the way. Since my RP doesn't require much experience (Just playing some of the pokemon games will be enough to understand) and the forms are really loose allowing a lot of leeway I don't think you'll have much touble.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hello. A much needed break from PC might be over now... I kind of needed a restart, hope nobody bears hard feelings.

Since I read Homestuck and became a total nerd on that, my ever-itching GM fingers have been dying to create RP inspired by it... I think I've figured out a way to do a Homestuck-like RP without too much complications. Would anyone be interested?

@droomph, a pokémon RP is usually an easy place to start, since you probably know a lot about pokémon. But really, pick a RP that you feel like you really want to play and hope that there's a spot open (or ask the GM personally if there is), rather than joining the first RP you come across that has open spots.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
:') I'm very much glad to see you back in business, Red. I look forward to roleplaying with you again!!! *tears of happies*

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Isn't Red a superhero around here?

Anyways, Hello Red! I'm Lt. Col. Fantastic, but if that is too long and complicated to write, you could just call me Evan!

Pleased to meet you.

And I've never read Homestuck, but I would be interested in an RP if it can be pleyed without reading it.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
DROOMPH. WELCOME TO THIS AMAZING WORLD THAT IS THE ROLEPLAY CORNER.

There's a ton of RPs for you to join. To start, I recommend you The Pokemon Trainer Academy (lots of spots just opened!), and there's also my own roleplay which is half-full right now (The Pokemon Hunger Games). PTA is newbie friendly and you'll pretty much get your feet wet in roleplaying in nooo time! :)

Welcome back, Rika! <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
:') I'm very much glad to see you back in business, Red. I look forward to roleplaying with you again!!! *tears of happies*
:'D Thank you Moddy!! <3 I skyped you but you were probably working or something...

Isn't Red a superhero around here?

Anyways, Hello Red! I'm Lt. Col. Fantastic, but if that is too long and complicated to write, you could just call me Evan!

Pleased to meet you.

And I've never read Homestuck, but I would be interested in an RP if it can be pleyed without reading it.
Oh my, I don't know about superhero ^^' *FLEXES LIKE IRON MAN* but hi Evan, pleased to meet you too. And sure, I'll make it basic enough for someone who hasn't read it to be able to join. Working on the backstory and the workings of the universe now... yes, you heard me. Deep stuff, this will be!

Welcome back, Rika! <3
Thanks Megan ~<3 I see you've been growing into a fine RPer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back