• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks qaz, the POKéPAPER isn't a real item ;) Its just a paper you can buy each day to see whats going on in the world of Trion, you can compare it with a standard newspaper! =3
i think any thing u buy is an item lol *even if its a newspaper & not a item from the bag*.
[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...: [/highlight]
p_poppo.gif

I suppose I need to add screenshots to let people talk a bit xD Anyhow that wouldn't be a problem I guess! 'Cause I lately worked really hard on Dark cry and there has been alot been added without even let you know so this I keep secret 'till the game lauches!

Anyhow I've a great new update today for you folks! I would like to introduce the... Trion collector! You might now wonder, wth is the trion collector? Easy! After you've beaten the first-gymleader the side missions around the world of trion will give you tokens, trion tokens they will get called!

So easy said, when you finish the daily mission in Itacis city you'll earn for example 2 trion tokens, these can be collected and turned in for a high-value reward!

That's the trion token part, besides that, I also added a new "fun" mission! Its something that really doesn't make sence but its a great mini-mission to continue your way! This mission is called: Move the books!
What can I say? Take a look at the screenshots and they will tell you more!

Enjoy!

[highlight]:...:credits:...: [/highlight]
LaZ: Helping out with buffer item amount.

[highlight]:...:screenshots:...: [/highlight]

World's first Trion Token collector!
24glt0k.png
2h68x78.png
2lmv5ap.png

New mission, move the books!
1y4b4m.png
qqcx3t.png

24xe9mb.png
vwveo1.png

That's all for today people!
Cheers!
--------------------------------
Mitchel1
sweet update this will make things interesting for the missions. now i want 2 do all the missions 2 see what i can get *& 2 see how they r as well since there r all interesting*.the book mission seems good. good luck

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
This is an awesome hack.. I hope you release the seconed alpha soon. great job.

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
I personally love both your ideas mitchel. The Trion Tokens sound very cool except I agree with Ash493. You need items that you can't normally get during game play. Although I think the move the books sounds very cool and fun. Like a hidden, secret passage in a scary massion. Or just a normal passage in an old lady's house. :P

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
I personally love both your ideas mitchel. The Trion Tokens sound very cool except I agree with Ash493. You need items that you can't normally get during game play. Although I think the move the books sounds very cool and fun. Like a hidden, secret passage in a scary massion. Or just a normal passage in an old lady's house. :P

This is an awesome hack.. I hope you release the seconed alpha soon. great job.

Thanks speedster, about the rewards, don't worry :P there are besides these items also special items and under (more...) there are also calcium and rare candys (I won't tell price :p)! Anyhow, thanks!

Nice new mission :)
But I'd like to see Rare Candies, or stat drinks as prizes in token exchange :D

Thanks ash493, like I said, there are more items then these ;)

i think any thing u buy is an item lol *even if its a newspaper & not a item from the bag*.
sweet update this will make things interesting for the missions. now i want 2 do all the missions 2 see what i can get *& 2 see how they r as well since there r all interesting*.the book mission seems good. good luck

Thanks qaz!

where is the 5th fungus in the forest? I think it is a bug that after trees

What do you mean? Are you talking about the 5th mushroom? Read the FAQ, like I said there is a time limit on this area this has been removed at alpha 2.1.5!

You've got some really nice scripts out there !
I'll be keeping an eye on this :)

Thanks, you sure should :P

Move the books looks really nice :)
Good luck with producing beta 2 :)

Thanks!

p_poppo.gif

Lets keep this short and awesome! New gym and tomb pre-shot!
Never said so much in one line xD

Enjoy!

[highlight]:...:Credits:...:[/highlight]
Kyledove: Tiles
Morris and I: Tomb tiles
C.N.C: Tiles
Wesley FG: let use me the sky tiles from LP, thanks man!

[highlight]:...:Screenshots:...:[/highlight]

Taivas's gym new fresh look! ^^
eperdj.png

Tomb of Kha'laba tiles
2946nh1.png
24eulbn.png

Hope you liked it!
-------------------
Mitchel1

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
the tomb & Taivas's gym looks great. the tiles looks great as well :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
dont work please help me.

Not that I want to be mean or anything but the least you could do is to say what you did, what you saw and/or in what way did it not work.

By the way, I have to say that I love the token idea :D

Last edited:
Years
dont work please help me.
Um,I think u have to get rom version 1.0 if its white screen and patching stuff, If it isnt try changing Save type like Options-Emulator-Save Type.
And try switching around all of em and yet if the dont work again change Flash128k then try switching around.
Think it should work,and dont worry it wont mess up your emulator

By the way is this a Fr or Lf hack?
I didnt see.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I don't know how's the progressing of this hack...But here's my advice:finish the main storyline first,that might make the work faster...By the way,I'm still waiting for the next beta patiently...

ReTAsp

Awesome Norwegian :D
Years
Awesome! :)

I'm not really a fan of beta/alphas but I will try this. Keep it up, mitchel!

lewieboy124

Question: The in-game time show 12:0 every time! Even when it's for example 15:40!
Answer: Be sure you activate your RTC! Otherwise some/many events won't work!
In that case, what is RCT and how do I activate it?
By the way, this has to be one of the greatest hacks the greatest hack I have ever seen! Loving the storyline and the tiles. :)

Last edited:

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
the tomb & Taivas's gym looks great. the tiles looks great as well :D

Thanks Qaz! :D

Not that I want to be mean or anything but the least you could do is to say what you did, what you saw and/or in what way did it not work.

By the way, I have to say that I love the token idea :D

Great that you support the trion token idea, its just something new I always wanted to see in a POKéMON game!

Um,I think u have to get rom version 1.0 if its white screen and patching stuff, If it isnt try changing Save type like Options-Emulator-Save Type.
And try switching around all of em and yet if the dont work again change Flash128k then try switching around.
Think it should work,and dont worry it wont mess up your emulator

By the way is this a Fr or Lf hack?
I didnt see.

Its a FR hack, it should been marked with a Fire Red emblem!

I don't know how's the progressing of this hack...But here's my advice:finish the main storyline first,that might make the work faster...By the way,I'm still waiting for the next beta patiently...

Thanks 1158!

Awesome! :)

I'm not really a fan of beta/alphas but I will try this. Keep it up, mitchel!

Thanks Ret!

In that case, what is RCT and how do I activate it?
By the way, this has to be one of the greatest hacks the greatest hack I have ever seen! Loving the storyline and the tiles. :)

Thanks lewie!

p_poppo.gif

Update time people! So far I'm on my way to finish already alpha 2.1.5!
So far I've put a list together what has been done and still has to be done:

DONE WIP Urgent

every important event has been scripted and been tested!
Every map has been done for alpha 2.1.5!
Scripting costum sign scripts, trainer battle scripts!
Testing the POKépaper if it correctly respond, on each day!
In collaboration with steven, "which I'm still waiting for to get online" working on some new graphical additions
Pre-alpha testing before public release!

so far my update, I'l keep you people up-to-date!
I'm sorry for this downtime!

Kind regards,

Mitchel1

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
sounds great. Seems like u have been busy. hope the pokepaper script works fine.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Wow this Hack is still going! I remember this from years ago.

Glad to see you're still at it, the Trion Token system looks great, as does that awesome button pressing feature you've added. I don't think I've seen anything like it, yet another feature making this hack so unique.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
Hey there,
I just started to play this hack and I really like it! I'm recently in the second town and I have chosen the Ukulele Pichu as Starter.
As far I have only one thing to criticize, on the first road at night, the only Pokemon is a HootHoot. Since I mainly play at night and fighting against the same Pokemon over and over sucks. But in order to move further I had to level my pichu, the magnemite always killed me. I think you should add some other Pokemon in this region at night.

And I also found a bug, I guess. When you are in the torn world the second time (after you speak with this old man in the second town) and you have to jump from platform to platform, there is this Item on a very small floating Island (2x2). When you jump on this island you can't jump back and you are trapped.

Greetings,
Tobias
(Sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany and suck at languages in general. :D )

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
I cant play this hack because it is UPS file someone please help solve this problem so i can play this. :(

Looks really awesome. :)

Back