• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Will these work with Emerald? I don't see a frame 2 sprite, so...
Unfortunately these won't work with Emerald. This project is supposed to cater to Jambo51's sprite needs for his ROM hacking project, and it's also catering to my own needs for my ROM hacking project, neither of us which use Emerald. It would be a shame to continue seeing ROM hacks with crappily resized sprites, so this project will also cater to the needs of other people hacking Ruby & FireRed.

If I did 2nd frames, that would add about 700+ extra sprites to resize/scratch, which would add about another year for this project to be finished. And I'm trying to finish this project as fast as possible.

Years
These are actually great. And I'm glad that you're respriting backsprites instead of using the small backsprites made specifically for the Black and White games.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Unfortunately these won't work with Emerald. This project is supposed to cater to Jambo51's sprite needs for his ROM hacking project, and it's also catering to my own needs for my ROM hacking project, neither of us which use Emerald. It would be a shame to continue seeing ROM hacks with crappily resized sprites, so this project will also cater to the needs of other people hacking Ruby & FireRed.

If I did 2nd frames, that would add about 700+ extra sprites to resize/scratch, which would add about another year for this project to be finished. And I'm trying to finish this project as fast as possible.

These sprites, though lacking frame 1, are actually usable on Emerald. You simply import all the sprites (using Wichu's editor) selecting the "import all" command. Then you select the frame 1 button and you click the button "import" under the first sprite image, and you import the same sprite file. The final result misses the frame 1, but the animation is not ****ed up. I kicked the Frontier Brains's anuses with your Arceus, so it definitely works.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I hope the gender difference will be better than most of them in the original games, most of them need you to look 5-10min just to see the change in size of the ears.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
oh hey
615.png

616.png

617.png

These are actually great. And I'm glad that you're respriting backsprites instead of using the small backsprites made specifically for the Black and White games.
Thank you. It's no easy task I tell you, but it has to be done. Every time I see a hack using unedited B/W backsprites I cringe...

Crystal Spirit Version

Awesome mapper, Smart fella
Years
Dat Tortuga backsprite

I am not keen what so ever on the backsprite of tortuga because its hard to tell what it is! Like it doesn't look like a tortuga. Sorry, everything else is perfect!!

Tailes

Nothing to see here
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2022
I think it's fine. It's a backsprite, how are you not going to be able to tell what it is if you're using it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I am not keen what so ever on the backsprite of tortuga because its hard to tell what it is! Like it doesn't look like a tortuga. Sorry, everything else is perfect!!
Thank you for your suggestion, but I won't be changing it. It looks just fine to me, and so far you're the only one that said it doesn't look like a Tirtouga.

If you think that's bad, then take a look at this:
Spr_b_3r_376.png

What is this? Is this some weird blue ball thing that can open and close with those four square things? Is that really supposed to be a Metagross?

Spr_b_4d_376.png

Wait what? The body is too small and gets cut off in a weird shape by one of its legs. Oh and there's a floating Beldum where one of its legs should be. wat

With that said, if Game Freak can get away with using a pile of blue rocks as Metagross's backsprite, then I think I can get away with my Tirtouga sprite, which I used the B/W sprite as a reference.

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
The Tirtouga backsprite is great. I've seen plenty of official sprites in the games where you can't see 90% of the Pokemon, just to emphasise his point.

Nearly done with Thundurus, I'll pm it to you due to a lack of 15 posts yet ._.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Okay, so I'm going to update the helpers rules and make things official:

If you would like to help with this project, PM me an example of your work, and I will judge your skills based on said work. If you qualify, you are allowed to post sprites.

Right now, the only people qualified to help with this project are:
Wiznatts
Tailes
SneakerTheOtter

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
I've made the standard Kyurem sprite. It's not great, particularly the face, but I just can't seem to get it any better:

25u35tc.jpg

It still looks a bit small, in my opinion, but when I resized the actual sprite I got this tiny thing:

25gqo8o.jpg

Tidier looking face (although Kyurem isn't really supposed to have a nice, smooth face), but hideously small. Are either of them any good to you?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've made the standard Kyurem sprite. It's not great, particularly the face, but I just can't seem to get it any better:

25u35tc.jpg

It still looks a bit small, in my opinion, but when I resized the actual sprite I got this tiny thing:

25gqo8o.jpg

Tidier looking face (although Kyurem isn't really supposed to have a nice, smooth face), but hideously small. Are either of them any good to you?
Well I can't use either of them because you saved them as jpg...

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
That's odd, on my computer they're listed as .png ._.

Here they are again, hope it actually works this time:
2a6nknk.png

r6wbwj.png

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
I need good KELDEO resolution form Resize... I need them to my Hack <POKEMON UNOVA RUBY>

This is a pretty big project, and will take quite some time to finish. Keldeo's Resolution sprite will get done eventually, but it won't get done the instant someone asks for it. Have patience =D

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
These are very nice sprites! I'm going to use these for my hack. While they aren't catered to the 80x80 era, they're definitely better than the tiny sprites of BW (and I think I'm probably the only one who's using 5th gen Pokemon in 4th gen anyway). Thank you for doing all this work! Really appreciate it, especially the detail in the size boundaries of small/med/large Pokemon.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Acesion7 have right.... I also use this sprites in my project POKEMON UNOVA RUBY... And I am happy to seen if someone want make a life of GBA Hackers easlier... Beafore i use normal <96x96> sprites and shrink them to the games <With worst effect> Now with this resource i can make my UNOVA pokemons in HOENN Region hack. Thank you!

(I know if this is offtopic... But i do not know)
Who know program other than SAPPY <Not work in my PC :<> To editing Music in GBA... I want add Unova music into my game... *I resize sprites and add oryginal sized Overworld sprites of NPC and Heroes*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
@SneakerTheOtter: For future reference, PM me your sprites so that people that don't read the first post won't think they can just post sprites. And I'm probably going to use the first Kyurem sprite you posted.

Anyhow, here's some more Pokeymawn:
618.png

619.png

620.png

621.png

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I love all of the work you put into this, and as a (mediocre) spriter myself, I know just how much of a pain it is, especially having to make custom ones. These are amazing, and if you don't mind I will be using these amazing Gen 5 pokemon, thank you so much, and good luck with you're very daunting task!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back