• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marina & the Diamonds

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Yeah I can't be bothered to type out a paragraph telling y'all about Marina so i'll just skip right to the questions!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHi83LTQjU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU7GoCKSQfg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_oMD6-6q5Y

If you haven't listened to her, give her a try!!!!

So, for those who have listened to her, do you like her? Do you have any problems with her voice? Her kookiness? I personally adore her, if I am a bit reserved about how she performs live. At least she performs better live than Lana Del Rey (though everyone performs better than Lana oops)!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
surprised u didn't link to how to be a heartbreaker. it has shirtless guys in it and i thought you would want to share that w/ the community.

i love marina. my fav songs are: are you satisfied?, mowgli's road, hollywood, hermit the frog, oh no!, bubblegum *****, primadonna, homewrecker, the state of dreaming, power & control, sex yeah, valley of the dolls, hypocrites, how to be a heartbreaker, and radioactive. it took a while for me to get into electra heart, and for a while i thought the family jewels was her best work, but i changed my mind after i forced myself to listen to all the songs. i think it was because lies was a grower track and since it was so early on in the album, it made me get bored of it easily and i was just... it wasn't in the cards for me to finish it all until i forced myself to do so.

Years
A few of my friends listen to her. She sounds like she could be good. I haven't really given her a proper listen to though. Too much "kookiness" and too many lyrical idiosyncrasies in an artist can be off-putting and I have to warm up to them slowly. Like building up an immunity.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
A few of my friends listen to her. She sounds like she could be good. I haven't really given her a proper listen to though. Too much "kookiness" and too many lyrical idiosyncrasies in an artist can be off-putting and I have to warm up to them slowly. Like building up an immunity.

I feel you! It took me a couple of months for me to get into The Family Jewels, considering the first song I listened to on the album is probably her kookiest to date, Hermit The Frog. Though, in Electra Heart, she's definitely rubbed some of the harder edges of her kookiness and become more mainstream, so to speak. It's definitely easier listening than The Family Jewels, though TFJ is my favorite album of hers.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
Loveeee Marina. Definitely more of a family jewels fan though. Saw her live at the end of 2010 and loved her. She closed with "Hollywood" and walked out in an american flag jacket, holding a giant burger hahaha. so good!

At least she performs better live than Lana Del Rey (though everyone performs better than Lana oops)!

I love you. Saw this idiot at splendour and wanted to kill myself. She spent half her show with the top half of her body in the first three lines of people (so no one else could actually see her) and somehow found it in her to smoke THREE cigarettes during her 45min set.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Love her. Favorite song is Bubblegum *****, Lies, Homewrecker, and Rootless.
I could have seen her live two times over the summer, but I wasn't able to get tickets. sobs.

Back