• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you steal Kenya?

Skalla

Drama Queen
Years
I don't remember anything like this. Is there any kind of reward for giving Kenya or can you keep him with no punishment whatsoever?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Oh yes. I remember now! That ragid ol' Spearow was good, yes, but I only met the person after I beat Lance twice. I instantly remembered this. I thought I'd deliver this and maybe the fellow will give a better reward for us lol.

I honestly hated Spearows, so I didn't give the guy a chance. Same with Shuckle (he saved me a Pokédex entry, too!).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I always give it back, as I dislike Spearow / Fearow. Although if I haven't already obtained a Fearow, I will evolve it. But then I give it back as there's no point keeping it. I actually release quite a few pokémon that I don't like just so it makes it easier to sort my boxes.
I give back Shuckle as well, as although its a decent battler, tactics with it take too long so ceebs.

tnfsf11

If I recall correctly I delivered the message & the dude told me I could keep Kenya, so I boxed it :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Only if I wanted to quickly evolve it into Fearow for my Pokedex.
I rarely use Fly slaves nowadays, I'd rather hatch my own and trade it over if I wish to train one myself.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I can't remember if I've did that quest in HeartGold, but in the original Gold, I would steal it all the time, but most of the time, I'd return Kenya to it's owner. I have no use for a Spearow of Fearow and didn't know I could just attach the letter to another Pokemon and give that Pokemon to him instead.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I probably knew about Kenya way back when I played Silver and Gold all those years ago, but I have no idea what I did with it. I probably took it and boxed it, but then again I could have been nice enough to actually deliver it. I really don't know. Now though, I'd probably just keep it - I've never trained a Spearow before >:)

I delivered the mail. I didn't return the Shuckle though.

wait, wut? ........ You actually had to return the Shuckle??? {D:}

RudeStyle

Artangels
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I stole it because

Spoiler:

Plus it was a pretty good hm slave

Roh

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2014
Hmm, forgot all about Kenya. I liked it, so I kept it most of the time. Honestly, if they didn't want me stealing their pokemon, they should have just given me the letter by itself.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I never stole Kenya, because I never knew this side-quest existed in HG/SS up until now. I doubt the reason to steal Kenya may be because it's in top percentage of a normal Spearow like Joey's Rattata.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Honestly, I'm surprised most people didn't know about Kenya (although Gamefreak could've made it a bit more obvious by having the guard say something before leaving). I personally stole Kenya and trained it, because it actually trained pretty easily since it was considered traded by the game and gained EXP a lot faster. I literally just stuck the letter on a Caterpie and gave it to the guy and still kept Kenya.

It surprises me that most people didn't raise it. I did and it was super helpful during the Elite 4 against Bruno. It's really not that bad tbh.

Back