• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SC Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Wilph said:
Quick Question people, (I assume I'm suopposed to post it here). When people are making sprite comics, and you have an overworld shot, with the characters talking, how are you making the backgrounds, e.g with the houses etc?

Is it ROM hacking? Rpg Maker? or just doing it in paint?

Thanks.

Some people just use Paint to work on the backgrounds, others find it easier using ROM Hacking tools to make them. (When I was working on my sprite comic I used EliteMap, found it more convenient than doing it on Paint.)

So it differs, really.

Wilph

Deadly Sinner
Years
I see. Thank you. And I heard that The Spriter's resource is the best place for backgrounds, (when it's up). Is there anywhere else with Emerald overworld sprites?
I checked in the Game makers resources forum, and found some good sprites for Fire Red/Leaf Green, but the Emerlad ones were rather stretched and blurry.
Either that, or if someone has a big image of them on their computer, if they could host it for me?

Years
Wilph said:
I see. Thank you. And I heard that The Spriter's resource is the best place for backgrounds, (when it's up). Is there anywhere else with Emerald overworld sprites?
I checked in the Game makers resources forum, and found some good sprites for Fire Red/Leaf Green, but the Emerlad ones were rather stretched and blurry.
Either that, or if someone has a big image of them on their computer, if they could host it for me?

Try looking about Google, I did so and found a thread on another forum (one of SPF's archives infact) that had many links to overworld sprites.

I can't give you the link for obvious reasons, but aim for that thread when searching on Google.

Years
Signomi said:
Try looking about Google, I did so and found a thread on another forum (one of SPF's archives infact) that had many links to overworld sprites.

I can't give you the link for obvious reasons, but aim for that thread when searching on Google.
yeah.

TSR is being totally re-made because Psy-Guy's server decided it didn't like life and killed itself and all of the sub domains down.

Raze-finiarel

Moon Gazer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 22, 2006
Esupio sono Kamereon said:
Its near the Num Pad :P next to scroll lock then copy it into paint :P
Yeah, I already figured it out, but thanks very much anyways :P

Shijuukara

i love my iPhone's
Years
This is the plot to the new comic fo Stargate: Johto, what do you think

13 years ago, while excavating in the ruins of alph, a scientist made a strange discovery, when his Machoke accidently broke open a passage into a new chamber when it dropped a boulder. Inside the chamber, the scientists discovered a large ring, roughly 20 feet in diameter, standing agaisnt the wall, the inner ring covered in symbols which were clearly unowns, but not resembling any they had seen before. News of the discovery spread like wildfire. However, as no one could determine what the device was or how it worked, it eventually faded form the public eye, the chamber resealed long before it opened as a tourist attraction.

5 years ago

During a trainer battle, an explosion rips open another small chamber filled with writings, including several papyruses with the mysterious unowns from before. Most scientists were intrigued, as the scientists who originally discovered the device had long since retired.
Except for one.
A scientist from the original team was still employed, and he remembered the gate. After translatign the heiroglyphs, he now knew how the gate worked, in theory. With the help of the other scientsts, he reopened the passageway, and assembled a group of trainers, the best in the area, to come on a journey through the gate.

On the day of the mission, the scientists and the trainers meet in the chamber wit the gate. As the powersource no longer functioned, an electric Pokémon shocked the terminals of the fuel cell and the keys on the dialing mechanism glowed. The scientist pressed 7 keys in sequence, the first set found on one of the papyruses. the 7 chevrons around the ring glowed as the inner ring rotated,l locking on with each unown. after the seventh, there was a pause. The electric pokemon looked tired but shocked it harder. The entire chamber shook, and the room was filled with blue light as a bright rippling blue aura filled the gate, immediately followed by a sudden outward burst of the aura, which immediately popped back to the center. everyone was awed. The team stepped through the gate and were transported to another world. The only problem being, as they realized too late, they have no idea which of the addresses on the papyrus is the one that will take them home. After exploring the planet, encountering alien pokemon species and ancients from the alph ruins civilization, they fire up the gate and try an address, however it is not the right one. they are now on a journey across the galaxy, hopping from planet to planet, studying each world as they go, hoping that each address will be the one that takes them home.

PRESENT DAY

After five years of planet hopping, and the death of close friends, the Stargate Team has finally settled in Tara Village of the Saske region. They seem to have figured out how to control the stargate and seem to have solved many mysteries of the Pokemon. Recently there have been strange energy readings that is causing disturbances. Can Team Stargate solve the evil disturbance?

xMeteorxStriker

Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon
Years
Think Before You Go Through With It!

Ok people my comic (The Warlock) Totally failed ... Do you people know why?

ITS BECAUSE...I didnt think it through, so heres my advice to all you comickateers: Think about your storyline GOOD don't just look at someone elses comic and be all "That's cool I'm gonna make one!" and then just continue on and make a peice of lame trash! Get your sprites ready and edit them to your desire! Ask around people will help you with sprites if you really need them! Think about your story and make it original not stupid original... but creative original. If you think it could be better make it better! If you don't like it most other people will not like it either! And lastly have fun with it, if you saw someone else's and thought it would be fun and you're making one and just not enjoying yourself just stop now b/c you are not going to do anything but waste peoples time!

So Good Luck My Fellow Comickateers!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Comickateers? >>

While this is good advice, you're supposed to use this forum to post comics. So...
*LOCKED*

Years
Actually, Morkula, I'll merge this thread with the SC Lounge. Considering discussions are only supposed to happen there and this kind of matter shouldn't be left to rot.

~Moved.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
^_~, yep, its based off this funny video on killsometime.com, where this guy is so annoyed, he takes his anger out on his cats, its pretty funny you should watch it, the video is called Crazy Cat Man.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Ok, before you read this stupidityly made comic, that me and Hossier are doing, i say do not take anything offensively it is purely for a laugh, thank you.

8680943b.png

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Hahaha, great job, Kakashi. I didn't know what it looked like, and you made me perfect.
Here's mine, and it is directed at someone, look at the CAPITALS at the end. If you don't know who it is, "Y0z = n0b0bZ lOzl!!11" <<I'm kidding.

EDIT -- Link Removed due to comic aiming at a specific PC Member. ~Signomi

Last edited by a moderator:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
XD. I'm already making another one. Someone pissed me off so I made it about them. ^_^
I wouldn't mind having a few Hossier comics people made for me. lol

Oh, BTW, this n00b thing me and Kakashi are doing is NOT the other comic I'll be coming out with when I get it finished and set up.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Yea...this is purely for laughs, jokes, and well yea...XD, i've stopped with my KH2 thing XD, anywho...i'll be making a few more later, before i head off for my College Trip and won't be back till friday ^_~

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
Kakashi Hatake said:
Ok, before you read this stupidityly made comic, that me and Hossier are doing, i say do not take anything offensively it is purely for a laugh, thank you.

Cool, I liked that one. I was wondering though, what font did you use for it? I didn't quote the comic itself, since it takes up space... =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back