• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ The Psionic Citadel ★ (Psychic Pokemon fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years

Welcome Pokemon trainer! You have been teleported to...

★ THE PSIONIC CITADEL ★
The Psychic Pokemon fan club

cresselia_by_xous54-d3fg0ru.png

(Cresselia - PotW #10)

Introduction

Psychics are an astounding bunch. Instead of engaging in physical violence, these highly intellectual individuals use their wealth of knowledge and intelligence to defeat their foes. The Psionic Citadel is the place to built to celebrate these cerebrally gifted creatures.​

If you're interested in this mystic group of Pokemon, you're welcome to enter and explore The Psionic Citadel. Entering the walls of this building will allow you...

★ Participate in various discussions on Psychic Pokemon.
★ Create new topics of discussion.
★ Claim a party of your favourite Psychic Pokemon (up to 6 Pokemon allowed in a user's party).
★ Post images of Psychic Pokemon.
★ Score points and redeem them for prizes and special privileges.
★ Take part in the "Question of the Week" contest and various other events.

Rules & Regulations

1. All rules of PokeCommunity forums are to be followed. No exceptions.
2. No spamming, trolling, harassing or personally attacking others.
3. Any responses, topics or images you share must be related to Psychic Pokemon. Try not to go off topic.
4. To Sign Up, everyone must post an application of the same format as the "Application Example" shown below. Otherwise their application would be ignored.
5. Each user must choose 1 (and only 1) starter Pokemon when signing up. The Pokemon must have Psychic as at least 1 of its types. The starter may be given a nickname (optional). More Pokemon (but Psychic only) can be redeemed afterwards (refer to the "Points System" section for further information).
6. The sign up application may also include the "Reason for joining". This field, however, is optional. The "Referred by" field is also optional.
7. The answers for "Quiz of the Week" should be posted in this thread. Do not PM the answers. The first member to answer correctly would be declared the winner and the contest would be closed for the remainder of the week.

Application Example

Name- Sayan
Starter- Eon the Latios
Reason for joining- I find Psychic Pokemon fascinating. I really like all the Psychic legendaries from different generations...
Referred by- ... (optional)

List of Pokemon

Spoiler:

Points System

Spoiler:

Redemption Center

Spoiler:

Members and Scores

(Hover over the Pokemon icons to see their nicknames)
Sayan
381.png
(166)
Olli
63.png
(12)
Flubbateios
249.png
(54)
Hikari10
605.png
(202)
Darkpokeball
282.png
(20)
D4rka8isz
282.png
281.png
(54)
Avishka
150.png
(77)
Dualblade
249.png
(14)
Limanya
196.png
385.png
648.png
282.png
249.png
386-speed.png
(226) (Elite)
mR
376.png
579.png
(82)
Cosmotone8
380.png
(22)
AlexOzzyCake
436.png
(12)
Sector Revenge
381.png
(2)
Bonfire411
201.png
(10)
Huggie
150.png
(134)
Snivy
385.png
(10)
Turn-it
196.png
(12)

Pokemon of the Week #10

PotW #10 is Cresselia, the only Pokemon capable of reviving a fainted ally through self-sacrifice.

Question of the Week #10

★ Question- Name a Psychic move that can be used to instantly burn the opposing Pokemon.
★ Answer- Not correctly answered yet.
★ Winner- ...

Current Topics of Discussion

(New topics get added to the bottom. Most recent ones are marked with '*')

★ Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon?
★ Which Psychic type legendary is the best?
★ Which is the best looking/most useful Psychic type move?
★ Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?
★ Which Psychic type has the best shiny sprite?
★ Which Psychic type just needs a new sprite/design?
★ Which Pokemon should or shouldn't be Psychic type?
★ Which one is the better mono-psychic? Alakazam from gen1, Gardevoir from gen3 or Reuniclus from gen5?
★ Which event exclusive Psychic pixie is the best? Mew, Celebi, Jirachi or Victini?
★ Which of the 9 Psychic types in OU (Alakazam, Celebi, Espeon, Jirachi, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Reuniclus, Starmie) are overrated and should be in a lower tier?
★ Which Psychic types currently in a tier lower than OU should be in OU?
★ *Which Psychic Pokemon should be recolored?
★ *Which Psychic type can most easily fool humans?
★ *How would you use your Psychic Pokemon to pull pranks on someone?
★ *What's your opinion on physically attacking Psychic types like Gallade? Do they add much needed variety or do they appear unsuitable (as they do not rely on their mental abilities)?

Ongoing Events

None.

Userbars

1329941272.jpg

...by Sayan

ubd6810.png

...by Limanya

1329948725.gif
...by Sayan.
(This userbar uses CSS. To add it to your signature you must add the following code instead.)
Code:
[PLAIN][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274273][cd="background-image: url('http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/Sayan_Das/1329948726.png'); height: 69px; width: 350px;"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/Sayan_Das/1329948725.gif[/IMG][/cd][/url][/PLAIN]

1330155230.png
1330155231.gif
...by Sayan.
Code:
[PLAIN][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274273][Cd="background-image: url('http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/Sayan_Das/1330155232.png'); height: 80px; width: 350px;"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/Sayan_Das/1330155230.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/Sayan_Das/1330155231.gif[/IMG][/cd][/url][/PLAIN]

SPbCn.jpg

...by Flubbateios.

Banners

PsionicCitadel.png

...by Hikari10

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name- Olli97, though I prefer being called Olli
Starter- Flubb the Abra
Reason for joining- Well, my favourite legendary has pretty much always been Lugia, which is also a Psychic type and was therefore the Pokémon that kinda made me bond with Psychic types. If any good Psychic types can be found in a region, I often catch one because of their high special attack combined with their Special moves, which often make them a strong addition to my teams. Aside from that, many of the Psychic type Pokémon have some great designs, and some of the best legendary designs, where my favourites would be the evolution line of Abra excluding Kadabra, Lugia and the Lake Trio.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club Olli and Flubbateios! Lugia's also the 1st legendary I caught, and at that time it was my favorite Pokemon. Nowadays there're so many Pokemon that it's hard to choose a single most favorite, but Lugia still is and probably will always be one of my favorite choices.

Flubbateios, your answer's correct.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon and which Psychic type legendary is the best?

I took the liberty of putting these two topics together, as they are pretty similar, since most people would probably say the strongest one would be a legendary. One thing I'm not sure about is if your definition of 'best' is just the overall features of the Pokémon, including designs and such stuff too, or mainly the power of the Pokémon, because if it's the latter, that's where it's appropriate to put the topics together.

Anyways, the strongest Pokémon would be Mewtwo, even though I'm not particularly a fan of using it in my team, it's an unavoidable fact that it is the strongest Psychic type, with its incredibly high special attack, used together with the special moves it possess. It's a beast in battle against Pokémon who aren't resistant to special moves and who are weak against Psychic type moves, and even against ones who take normal damage from them.
Mewtwo used to be my favourite Pokémon too, back in the days of R/B/Y, though in the remakes you didn't get untill so late in the game, so I didn't get to use it very much in those games and it was replaced as my favourite already in G/S/C.

The legendary which I think is the best would have to be Lugia, due to how decent a Pokémon it is in battle, and it's lovely movepool. It's design is also one of my favourite of all Pokémon designs, due to it having some of my favourite colours and that the design is just overall unique and original. The first time I saw Lugia, I fell in love with its design, and after I had searched for I don't know how long in Whirl Islands, the OW sprite of it on the water just seemed so beautiful, even though it wasn't really that at all.
I also remember several years ago, before I even knew where Lugia was, there was this guy who lived on the same street as me, who also play Pokémon pretty often. Me and my brother were usually battling him, though his level 100 Lugia was just beating us every time. My brother was obsessed with catching all Pokémon and getting them to level hundred, so he had a team full of legendaries from both Kanto and Johto, all in level hundred, but even that one failed in a battle against the Lugia and both of us didn't even know where to find Lugia untill after the guy moved. Though it was in those battles where I learned how good Lugia actually was and what made me like the Pokémon so much, which is why I still remember it.

So my usual shortened answers in the end of all my posts: Lugia is who I think is the best due to its unique design and how good a battler it actually is.

Years
Name- Hikari10
Starter- Wylia the Elgyem
Reason for joining- Psychic is one of my fave types and they have very cool Pokemon that carry great diversity in attacks and strategies.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, Hikari. Hope you have a great time here ^_^

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Name- Darkpokeball
Starter- Miracle The Gardevoir, my Gardevoir from Pokemon Ruby. She now resides in my White version.
Reason for joining- I like psychic pokemon, plain and simple. They would be among my favorite types: (Psychic, Water, Fire, Dark).
Referred by- Chainsaw Meowth Nobody

Anyways, yes, Mewtwo is the strongest psychic type. However, the on which I think is best? Mew....or Victini.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Username: d4rka8isz
Starter: Luna the Gardevoir
Reason for Joining: My favorite Pokemon is a Psychic type. Besides, I like to use the Psychic type in every game if I can. Other than that, Tate & Liza gave me the toughest battle in all my Pokemon games.

Gardevoir!!! At least it is for me. The first time I saw Gardevoir was because of Wally. I told myself that day that I should get one.

I'd have to say Celebi because it's my favorite Psychic Legendary. I'm not going to base this on stats. Or the first topic.

Best Looking Move: Wonder/Magic Room Best Move, I'd have to say without a doubt Calm Mind.

As I've said in my reason for joining, Tate & Liza. They wiped my team out multiple times before I brightened up and got a Flygon.

None! I like how they are right now.

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the group, dark ones :trollface:!

Which Psychic Pokemon is the strongest?
I'd say Latios with Soul Dew. I'm a bit biased towards it :).

Best Psychic legendary Pokemon-
Mewtwo. I really like how its design combines a beastly appearance with a humanly personality. And I also find its backstory really moving.

Best Psychic type gym leader-
Sabrina, the teenage witch leader. She has telekinetic powers. 'nuff said.

Best looking Psychic move-
Luster Purge. It might not be useful, but it looks cool.

Most useful Psychic move-
Trick. It can almost always cripple a Pokemon beyond repair for the rest of the match.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name- Avishka
Starter- Mewtwo
Reason for joining- Psychic is one of my fave types and I like to use the Psychic type in every game

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Name - DualBlade
Starter - Ray the Lugia
Reason for joining - I loved psychic types, they have only two weaknesses and they look cool.I still remember the first time i caught mah awesome lugia with a pokeball.

Topics:
A: I pretty much think its Deoxys.
Lll...lll....UGIAAAA!
Hmm i think its Luster Purge for best looking, Calm mind for most useful.
Hmm....Tate and Liza.
Best Shiny eh, its....Err, Espeon.Purple to Green thats awesome.
Xatu, Natu, Sigilyph.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, Avishka, Dualblade and Limanya!

New userbar !

SPbCn.jpg

Code:
[PLAIN][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274273][img]http://i.imgur.com/SPbCn.jpg[/img][/url][/PLAIN]

I've added your userbar to the OP. Oh, and you're now 20 points wealthier! Use them wisely.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Just obtained a French Espeon on my Pokemon White.
*wonder if I can use it to Masuda*

On topic...

AnsWer: Espeon looks really good in green....I also remember being in love with shiny Ralts for a long time. However, I have never been able to get Shiny Ralts no matter how many eggs and no matter how long I hunt...and Shiny Espeon will probably be just as hard. I like every psychic pokemon design, except for a few, so...
Plus, I'll take any shiny. But shiny legendaries aren't very appealing...so no Mew, Mewtwo, Victini...etc.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
For some reason, the powerful geniuses club closed down. SO I WILL JOIN THIS CLUB! :)

Name- miltankRancher (though I really prefer mR. CAPITAL R, mind you.)
Starter- MegamanX the Metagross
Reason for joining- I love them psychic types. So cool, so powerful, so intelligent, so elegant.

Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon?

Excluding Legendary pokemon, I think it is Metagross. Despite an obvious lack of psychic moves for him, he compensates it with a wider physical movepool, like EQ, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash.

Which Psychic type legendary is the best?

Good Lord, so difficult question. Metagross is my favorite among them all, but Mewtwo is a real badass. So I guess, it is a tie between the two of them.

Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?

Sabrina. She exemplifies what a Psychic Gym Leader should really be like. Mysterious, calm, a tactician, RUTHLESS.

Which Psychic type has the best shiny sprite?

Metagross! His silver and gold coloring really suits him!

Which Psychic type just needs a new sprite/design?

I lie all their designs except, possibly, Darmanitan Zen Mode. he looks nothing like a POkemon. he looks those relic things you could pawn for 200,000 pokedollars.

POTW!
Spoiler:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Username: Cosmotone8
Starter: Avalon the Latias
Reason for Joining: I like many of the earlier Psychics design. Also like using them in battle

★ Which is the strongest Psychic Type Pokémon?
Probably Deoxys. It's so extremely versatile that it's almost unstoppable.

Latias FTW.

Best Looking Move: Luster Purge
Best Move: Psycho Boost with white herb. Otherwise, probably Psystrike

Sabrina. I dont know what it is, but I've kinda liked the way she acts.

Jynx and Smoochum. For God's sake, get them out of here now. I swear if I see those two again I will pound there guts out and boil them. I mean a purple face, really? Who's bright idea was that...*goes off on rant*
arge.gif

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
First things first, a warm welcome to both mR and Cosmotone8 :).

Just made a new userbar

Thanks for contributing. I'll add it to the OP asap.

Definitely Darmanitan Zen mode. It really doesn't look like something with a 500+ bst. It looks immobile and stoned, even in the animated sprites. Plus, the coloring suggests neither Fire nor Psychic.

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Thx!Ill make a new userbar if i can this sunday maybe a banner too!

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon? Mewtwo. My sister loves him. I'm not a big fan of Mewtwo, but he is really strong.
Which Psychic type legendary is the best?
LUGIA.
Which is the best looking/most useful Psychic type move?
Luster Purge is the best looking, but Psystrike is really useful.
Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?
Sabrina :D
Which Psychic type has the best shiny sprite?
Gardevoir :) She's so beautiful. But Kirlia is actually the same.
Um, Jynx, Smoochum and Darmanitan Zen Mode.

Some pics :)

My favorite Psychic Pokemon number one
Spoiler:

My favorite Psychic Pokemon number two
Spoiler:

And the Pokemon of the week :D
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back