• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♥The Cute Pokémon Club!♥ : The Redux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
Hmm, I can't say much for the 5th Gen since I don't know enough about how they can battle to really say they are the most powerful and cute Pokemon, although I have to say, Victini seems to be one of those craftly little buggers with a lot of power in a tiny body :3

I'd say that some Pokemon with a lot of potential would be Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone. Put all four of those in a team, raised well, and you'd have a pretty decent team. OF course, that's just my opinion.

I've actually made Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone as main Pokemon in my team once and they fared pretty well in most battles, but I had other Pokes with me to make up for any weakness they had.

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Victini. All the way. It's just, most Pokemon that are depicted as cute Pokemon, are either first stage Pokemon or Pokemon that are just supposed to be weak, however Victini kinda broke that by being overly powerful. Of course it depends on which Pokemon you find cute, since some may find some of the stronger ones to be cute, however since this is our personal opinion, I'm going with Victini, out from personal experiences. I haven't ever used that Pokemon that much or even know much about it, however the few times I've used it in Pokemon Online, it's been amazing, and definitely the strongest Pokemon which I've found to be cute.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
@MonoSpectator - Off topic, but that's one really long gif you got in your sig. It had me on edge, and I applaud whoever had the time to make it.

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
@MonoSpectator - Off topic, but that's one really long gif you got in your sig. It had me on edge, and I applaud whoever had the time to make it.

XD haha, yes it's a wonderful animation. The guy who did them has about 4 more, one that's a full battle, and others that are 1 x 1 battles. They are very well done :3 I'm sure if you google 'animated pokemon battle' you could find the link to his thread with all his animations in it :3

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm, I can't say much for the 5th Gen since I don't know enough about how they can battle to really say they are the most powerful and cute Pokemon, although I have to say, Victini seems to be one of those craftly little buggers with a lot of power in a tiny body :3

I'd say that some Pokemon with a lot of potential would be Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone. Put all four of those in a team, raised well, and you'd have a pretty decent team. OF course, that's just my opinion.

I've actually made Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone as main Pokemon in my team once and they fared pretty well in most battles, but I had other Pokes with me to make up for any weakness they had.

Victini. All the way. It's just, most Pokemon that are depicted as cute Pokemon, are either first stage Pokemon or Pokemon that are just supposed to be weak, however Victini kinda broke that by being overly powerful. Of course it depends on which Pokemon you find cute, since some may find some of the stronger ones to be cute, however since this is our personal opinion, I'm going with Victini, out from personal experiences. I haven't ever used that Pokemon that much or even know much about it, however the few times I've used it in Pokemon Online, it's been amazing, and definitely the strongest Pokemon which I've found to be cute.

Hmm... Anyone think Victini is just too cute for that? Maybe Victini just wants to have fun and hence is too powerful for its own good. But that's a good thing, no? But I want it to stay that way xD

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
Well I think the fact that it might be overpowered and would rather be more lax kind of adds to Victini's background and character. I don't know if this is just me, but I love imagining different back-stories for a large chunk of the Pokemon I encounter since it makes my game more interesting overall.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Glad I saw that gif when I did... I mean, uh...

Actually, I like imagining back stories too, so you're not alone there. However, I do it on an individual basis, and not per species or for legendaries only. But hey, it's still fun.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Sometimes it's fun to explore "backstories" that you make up while you're dreaming. Don't you agree? *hugs Victini*

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'm not sure backstories are that relevant to cute Pokemon only though. I think it might be something that's better to discuss in, say, Legendary club, considering part of what makes a lot of the legendary Pokemon interesting are their backstories and such.

And I think I agree on Victini, however I'm not sure it's actually such a good thing. Victini was most likely granted it's powers because it needed to protect something, however considering its playful nature, and how little it appears to actually use its powers (looking at the movie), I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be honest. It could be that it didn't take its own strength into consideration while playing, and accidentally ended up hurting other Pokemon in play. Not very likely since it should probably know its own powers, but it's still a possibility. I just don't really think a playful nature together with great strength is a very good combination.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
That depends on what you imply by backstory, though.

It's the difference between telling you my own backstory versus the backstory (history) of the human race. I know you mean the latter in this case, but I dunno if everyone's talking about the same thing because there doesn't seem to be a lot of clarity.

Also, going by what you said, I'd also doubt Victini wouldn't be aware of its own strength after a while unless it was scatterbrained.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Name: CourageHound
Favorite Pokemon Game: My first ever pokemon game was mystery dungeon red rescue team and it and PMD2 have been my fav pokemon games...until black 2 came out. Now they are both tied.
Why I'm Joining: Aside from the obvious factor that cute pokemon are adorable i'm also interesting to view the opinions of others as to see if we all have the same view on whats "cute" or not.
Favorite/Cutest Pokemon to Me Personally: Tepig(Dynamite) and Munchlax(Goble)
Current Topic: Which is your favorite cute pokemon? Has it Changed? (at least I think that's the topic X: )
Almost each gen I've had a new favorite cute pokemon. In Gen 1 it was bulbasaur, gen 2 cyndaquil/quilava, gen 3 cynda/quilava still reined supreme, 4th gen...came Munchlax...oh gawd munchlax. Hes like the absolute CUTEST thing ever!! That was until 5th gth came and tepig was introduced, now Tepig is my fav. Even so there's and extremely small margin between them. Like:
Spoiler:
I'm interested to see what gen 6 brings us

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm not sure backstories are that relevant to cute Pokemon only though. I think it might be something that's better to discuss in, say, Legendary club, considering part of what makes a lot of the legendary Pokemon interesting are their backstories and such.

And I think I agree on Victini, however I'm not sure it's actually such a good thing. Victini was most likely granted it's powers because it needed to protect something, however considering its playful nature, and how little it appears to actually use its powers (looking at the movie), I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be honest. It could be that it didn't take its own strength into consideration while playing, and accidentally ended up hurting other Pokemon in play. Not very likely since it should probably know its own powers, but it's still a possibility. I just don't really think a playful nature together with great strength is a very good combination.

Hmm... yeah, but we're also talking about something that is cute and playful at the same time. Perhaps I'm a bit loose or something, but I do love myself some slightly not-quite-right topics here, if only to promote topic diversity and activity.

Victini... well, I've always thought that there might be something behind it, but apart from the movie, I've always made it more of a side... thing. Besides, I think I find myself preoccupied with staring at its funny-looking face. Especially when it's smiling.

Sounds like something... a disaster waiting to happen? I hope not. *gulp*

That depends on what you imply by backstory, though.

It's the difference between telling you my own backstory versus the backstory (history) of the human race. I know you mean the latter in this case, but I dunno if everyone's talking about the same thing because there doesn't seem to be a lot of clarity.

Also, going by what you said, I'd also doubt Victini wouldn't be aware of its own strength after a while unless it was scatterbrained.

Who knows? Maybe Victini really is a scatterbrain!

Name: CourageHound
Favorite Pokemon Game: My first ever pokemon game was mystery dungeon red rescue team and it and PMD2 have been my fav pokemon games...until black 2 came out. Now they are both tied.
Why I'm Joining: Aside from the obvious factor that cute pokemon are adorable i'm also interesting to view the opinions of others as to see if we all have the same view on whats "cute" or not.
Favorite/Cutest Pokemon to Me Personally: Tepig(Dynamite) and Munchlax(Goble)
Current Topic: Which is your favorite cute pokemon? Has it Changed? (at least I think that's the topic X: )
Almost each gen I've had a new favorite cute pokemon. In Gen 1 it was bulbasaur, gen 2 cyndaquil/quilava, gen 3 cynda/quilava still reined supreme, 4th gen...came Munchlax...oh gawd munchlax. Hes like the absolute CUTEST thing ever!! That was until 5th gth came and tepig was introduced, now Tepig is my fav. Even so there's and extremely small margin between them. Like:
Spoiler:
I'm interested to see what gen 6 brings us

Tepig. Tepig. TEPIG! But I like Quilava a lot, too. But-but-but-Tepig is so chubby and the like~

I'm torn if I have to pick between these two. There's a reason why I want a Victini - no way to pick, huh? xD

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
So yeah, I found this somewhere. I'm not a MLP fan, but I'm big on you-know-who. Attached because I saved it to my harddrive, and I don't recall where I got it anymore, but its got a sig, so credit goes to them.

Just trying to liven it up in here.

*stares at the thumbnail for a while* ... fffffssssshhhhhhakmdlkasahnoisosjpamlacnn ohh good gosh it's too darn cute! I'd take her over every other Pokemon anywhere ever all the time! *gets belted over the head with a steel pipe, and is slowly dragged out of the topic, possibly to an asylum*

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
New topic:
Who's the cutest of the XY starter bunch?

Post images to support :3

CourageHound

Years

Looking at their artwork, overall public opinion, and the post above I will not contest that fennekin is arguably the cutest of the three. All three are cute, but Fennekin has that adorable fox trump card up its sleave. My future X/Y starter being froakie I would contest that he's just as cute or even cuter than Fennekin. Arguably, he is but i'm just gunna leave it Fennekin being cutest as Froakie is overuled by the general population of Fennekin lovers.
But what I think Froakie trumps Fennekin in is its more interesting design.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I guess the fox thing sorta wins by default, I get the feeling we're dealing with a stacked deck, here.

I like the frog better, though. It's cuter to me in the sense that it's unique looking. I feel like the others have a "been there, done that" design to them.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

Looking at their artwork, overall public opinion, and the post above I will not contest that fennekin is arguably the cutest of the three. All three are cute, but Fennekin has that adorable fox trump card up its sleave. My future X/Y starter being froakie I would contest that he's just as cute or even cuter than Fennekin. Arguably, he is but i'm just gunna leave it Fennekin being cutest as Froakie is overuled by the general population of Fennekin lovers.
But what I think Froakie trumps Fennekin in is its more interesting design.
Peer pressure shouldn't effect what you're going to say. :)
And Froakie is still cute and my starter of choice, he's just not as cute as Fennekin.

CourageHound

Years
Lol its not peer pressure. I'm just simulating my perception of the starters without any pre-concieved notions or bias and I do think fenneken is a tad bit cuter than froakie. Now with those thoughts in mind, I will in fact say that froakie is alot cuter. But even so, I do think your pics will trump any artwork i've seen so far of froakie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back