• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
So, lately I have wanted to pick up White again, so I did. With that, I chose Oshawott whom is now a Dewott with one Badge. I had a team planned, but I didn't like that one, and I'm still trying to make a new one. So I really need suggestions. Here is my progress so far...

Samurott @ Mystic Water
Torrent
Hasty
- Surf
- Razor Shell
- Mega Horn
- Ice Beam

So, yeah, I just really need suggestions...

Well, you could get another team member right now, since you have only one badge. I suggest Roggenrola, if you can trade to evolve him into his final form. Then, you will want a Fire and Grass-types for sure. I suggest you pick Darumaka for the Fire-type, and one between Sewaddle and Cottonee as Grass-type. If you like the idea, you should keep in your team a Pidove/Tranquill just for Fly, until you get past the 7th badge, when you can get Golett, which evolves at Lv. 43 into Golurk, a really strong Ground/Ghost type that can learn fly! Finally, you could need an Electric-type. If you have chosen Cottonee before, Galvantula is your best bet. Otherwise, you can go with Eelektross, which is not bad.

Hi everyone, I have a level 22 shroomish who is close to leveling up, and I was wondering if it would be worth it to keep him from evolving until he learns spore, then give him the focus punch TM. I know a lot of people do that with their brelooms, and ideas wondering if I should do that, because maybe it would come in handy for the elite 4. Or would it not really be that worth it, and i could get along fine without doing that? By the way, I'm playing pokemon Emerald.

Well, that sounds good as hell. I can figure a moveset of Spore, Giga Drain, Focus Punch and Bulk Up for this particular one. :)

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Which Deino has the best IVs? (IV checker help)

I'm looking to train one as a fast special sweeper for the Battle Subway. I'll EV train it in Special Attack, Speed, and the rest on HP. Which one has the best potential?

All are Timid

Deino 1

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 5
Characteristic: Mischievious.
IV Checker Says: Outstanding potential overall. Sp. Atk can't be better

Deino 2

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 6
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
IV Checker Says: Above average overall. Sp. Atk/Speed can't be better

Deino 3

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 6
Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
IV Checker Says: Relatively superior potential overall. Sp. Atk/Speed can't be better

Deino 4

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 5
Characteristic: Mischievious
IV Checker Says: Relatively superior potential overall. Sp. Atk/Sp. Def can't be better

Deino 5

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 5
IV Checker Says: Relatively superior potential overall. Defense/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def can't be better

Deino 6

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 5
Characterisitc: Mischievious
IV Checker Says: Relatively superior potential overall. Sp. Atk can't be better.

Years
Ditch it or Keep it?

I've raised a lv.30 Zebstrika and it's been doing good even against other Electrics with it's ability and all..... But, alot of people are favoring getting Joltik and evolving it into Galvantula. I've just reached Chargestone Cave. Which would be the better way to go later on? Ditch all of my hard work and training that I put into Zebstrika and go for Galvantula? Or keep Zebstrika? I really need help.

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
[SIZE="a"]I'd say ditch Zebstrika. Then again, if it's already doing good, why not keep it?[/SIZE]

Years
Well, because people say it's not going to be that good later on. Thats what Im trying to focus on. Later in the game, in the Pokemon League and stuff. So, I think I'll ditch Zebstrika and catch a Joltik instead.... Man, this guy better be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Darumaka or Pignite

Darumaka has been performing fantastic for me, lots of OHKO's and everything. Pignite takes down his opponent in about two moves tops but he can take a hit, so it really doesnt matter that much. I want to know who will I get more grinding out of later in the game, Darminitan or Emboar? Please reply.

Darumaka lv.30 @ Charcoal
Nature Lonely
Ability Hustle

Facade
Fire Punch
Belly Drum
Thrash

Pignite lv26. @ Amulet Coin
Nature Hasty
Ability Blaze (Obviously)

Tackle (pokemon catching purposes)
Flame Charge
Arm Thrust
Rollout

Dont mind if I stop by and -BUMP-

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm looking to train one as a fast special sweeper for the Battle Subway. I'll EV train it in Special Attack, Speed, and the rest on HP. Which one has the best potential?

All are Timid

Deino 1

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 5
Characteristic: Mischievious.
IV Checker Says: Outstanding potential overall. Sp. Atk can't be better

Deino 2

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 6
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
IV Checker Says: Above average overall. Sp. Atk/Speed can't be better

Deino 3

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 6
Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
IV Checker Says: Relatively superior potential overall. Sp. Atk/Speed can't be better

Deino 4

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 5
IV Checker Says: Relatively superior potential overall. Sp. Atk/Sp. Def can't be better

Deino 5

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 5
IV Checker Says: Relatively superior potential overall. Defense/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def can't be better

Deino 6

HP 12
Attack 5
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 6
Speed 5
Characterisitc: Mischievious
IV Checker Says: Relatively superior potential overall. Sp. Atk can't be better.

I'd say Deino 2. All Hydreigon should care about is its Special Attack and Speed.

Years
Is Beartic any good? I've been looking around the internet about him and alot of people dont like him so I'm a bit iffy..... But I guess I should ask the PokePros so is he a good Pokemon to have? I've tried to train a Vanillite but it gets OHKO'd by everything.

Domino™

free beer
Years
Is Beartic any good? I've been looking around the internet about him and alot of people dont like him so I'm a bit iffy..... But I guess I should ask the PokePros so is he a good Pokemon to have? I've tried to train a Vanillite but it gets OHKO'd by everything.

I'd say he wasn't that bad. It's just since you catch him quite late it'll be a pain to train. Plus he has a shallow movepool. But if you have the time and patience to train him up he can be a huge powerhouse with amazing attack and reasonable bulk. He'll pretty much ruin anything with Icicle Drop.

tldr; yes, get one.

Years
Help With White Team

So, basically, I need you guys to help me choose who to drop out of my party for an Axew. I was considering Pansage because I don't really have any more gyms that I'm challenging in which I need him (ice and dragon gyms left). Here's my party.

Lv 33. Joltik
Lv. 32 Excadrill
Lv. 34 Pansage
Lv. 37 Darminitan
Lv. 35 Archen
Lv. 28 Litwick (Soon to be replaced with Cubchoo)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So, basically, I need you guys to help me choose who to drop out of my party for an Axew. I was considering Pansage because I don't really have any more gyms that I'm challenging in which I need him (ice and dragon gyms left). Here's my party.

Lv 33. Joltik
Lv. 32 Excadrill
Lv. 34 Pansage
Lv. 37 Darminitan
Lv. 35 Archen

Replace Pansage. It isn't very good against the last gyms.

Also, why are you replacing Litwick with Cubchoo? Sure, Beartic has high Attack and HP, but its movepool is pretty mediocre. You're better off keeping Litwick to battle Brycen, but you may have to grind it a bit.

Years

Lv 33. Joltik
Lv. 32 Excadrill
Lv. 34 Pansage
Lv. 37 Darminitan
Lv. 35 Archen

Going with what PlatinumDude said, replace Pansage if you want. Keep Litwick cos even though it takes time to evolve, it becomes really awesome as a Chandelure. Replace Darmanitan cos you don't want two Fire-types, don't you?

May I suggest a Jellicent for you? It has good bulky stats with nice Sp. Attack backing it up. It's an amazing Water-type that I highly recommend cos it has good abilities too. Replace Darmanitan with Jellicent cos it's awesome and it can take a few hits.

Just get yourself a surfer, go to Driftveil City and you will find Frillish there. Catch one and train it up.

Keep Pansage, replace Darmanitan with Jellicent so that Litwick will serve as your Fire-type.

Going with what I say, you should eventually have this after all your Pokemon evolve:

512.gif
530.gif
567.gif
593.gif
596.gif
609.gif

It's up to your opinion if you want to go with what I say or if you want to change things.

P.S. I'm assuming your starter was Tepig? Cos of Pansage being present, am I right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
If you can get alot of Flying Gems, you can abuse them in the E4 using Acrobatics with Archeops.

Years
Going with what PlatinumDude said, replace Pansage if you want. Keep Litwick cos even though it takes time to evolve, it becomes really awesome as a Chandelure. Replace Darmanitan cos you don't want two Fire-types, don't you?

May I suggest a Jellicent for you? It has good bulky stats with nice Sp. Attack backing it up. It's an amazing Water-type that I highly recommend cos it has good abilities too. Replace Darmanitan with Jellicent cos it's awesome and it can take a few hits.

Just get yourself a surfer, go to Driftveil City and you will find Frillish there. Catch one and train it up.

Keep Pansage, replace Darmanitan with Jellicent so that Litwick will serve as your Fire-type.

Going with what I say, you should eventually have this after all your Pokemon evolve:

512.gif
530.gif
567.gif
593.gif
596.gif
609.gif

It's up to your opinion if you want to go with what I say or if you want to change things.

P.S. I'm assuming your starter was Tepig? Cos of Pansage being present, am I right?

Yes, Tepig was my starter, but I was getting more out of Darumaka at the time than with him. Also, was going to add Beartic to help against Iris, because if Axew gets hit, his HP would go down a chunk too. Also, Litwick is VERY slow.... I caught it at lv.28 with 15 Speed. So, I gave it a Macho Brace since it'll be going last anyways. Also, I plan on catching a Pawniard to help out in the Pokemon League... So, going with what you said, my team might look like this in the future....

Haxorus
Excadrill
Archeops (May be replaced with Pawniard since I only need him for Marshal and Excadrill pretty much has that covered)
Jellicent
Galvantula
Chandelure

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
I need one more pokemon to fill out my White team.

My team:
Darmanitan lvl 61
Sheer Force
-Flare Blitz
-Hammer Arm
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Braviary lvl 61
Sheer Force
-Fly
-Shadow Claw
-Crush Claw (Wondering whether or not to replace with Brave Bird)
-Rock Slide

Starmie lvl 66
Natural Cure
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Surf

Hydreigon lvl 66
Levitate
-Crunch (Looking to replace)
-Hyper Voice
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower

Metagross lvl 64
Clear Body
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Iron defense

I'd like to add a decent strength toward water. I've been thinking about Mismagius, Liligant, Rotom or Ampharos, but I'm not sure. I'm not a competitive player, so I'm not necessarily looking for unstoppable beasts.
Anyone have any ideas?

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Hello, well I'm doing a solorun on platinum with Luxray but I can't defeat Bertha her hippowdon always kill me and when I'm able to defeat hippowdon(when I use all full restores so she has no PP anymore for eartquake which takes more then the half out of my HP) and there is also sandstorm from her whiscash.
Anyway here is my luxray.

Tiagrio the Luxray
Ability rivalry
Lv: 73
Nature: bashfull
EVs: none I think well he has but I just use the items. But his more of physical.
Moves:
Hidden power(ground) I used it for Byron
Discharge
Crunch
Thunderbolt

I hope you can help.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Try to buy some X Attacks. When you think that EQ will only do half health damage, use X Attacks, while using Full Restores if needed to. Do this until her Hippowdown is out of EQ PP.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Sixth Pokemon help please

So i was just wondering on a quick subject and that would be what i should have as a sixth team member on pokemon black.
here's my current team.
Samurott.
Excadrill
Bisharp
Stunfisk
and Accelgor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back