• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
Awesome tool! There's just one bug I found. . .
Sometimes when I click the Pokedex bar, it quits. . .
EDIT: nevermind. what I ment was. . .
sometimes when I click any one of the bars it quits(mostly on Seadra and Kingdra)

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
can you include those missing things on the zip file?

can you include those missing things on the zip file we can open it without any errors? tnx...

Last edited:

Hacker01

I'm a hacking ma ROMZ!!!
Years
Very nice work. Shame you have to download the .NET framework to get it to run, but it is definately worth it. This tool wipes the floor with the competition:)

I wonder how HackMew will step up to the mark when he releases his Pokémon editor...;)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
idk if this has been covered before but why does this screen come up.
picture.php

I already inserted new sprites for some of the pokemon and id like to edit the data.

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
Years
Nice, btw your missing some Abilities, some from D/P.

EDIT: Missing a few Attacks too.

Last edited:

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
wow! amazing. Maybe you can even make it so the 25 free space pokemon slots can be assigned to the pokedex. Now that would be cool.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
YAPE beats the rest! Now I can edit pokemon much easier than before. I can't wait until you can change the sprites to (for example) Missingno. from ??????????.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2009
Ok I have a problem I cant get this program to run. I ve installed the Network thing version 3.5 and I got the .dlls too but everytime I open it it says "YAPE Has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
I like this programme, but is it possible to edit Pokemon in an .sgm file? I'm looking to edit my Kadabra so it will evolve at a certain level instead of at a Trade, is that possible with this tool, without having to start a new game?

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
You know how you said that the game checks the pokedex number? Well would it work if you edited the regional dex #ing order to include those ?? pokemon? If that doesn't work, try it before getting the national dex (after you get the regional dex though). You could make it so you can choose to turn off the pokedex "check" in your tool. You could make it so you can check to turn it off or on for individual pokemon, and choose to turn it off/on for all the pokemon.

also for a tool you could make a tool that allows you to edit the "music" that plays when you battle the pokemon, so people can add more legendaries that have the legendary pokemon music.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Could anyone help me with the above question?

And also, is it possible to change whether a pokemon can be caught or not on the game? For instance, if i change the statistics for the Safari Zone part for a Charmander, would i be able to catch a Charmander in the Safari Zone?

Right, your 1st question, No. If you edit the game then Load Save State, it would edit Kadabra's evolution data. You can only edit the game, not sgm states.

2nd bit, no. You have to put Charmander in the Safari Zone using Advance map or Bewildered, probably mainly Advance Map.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
well, to have the ?? pokemon in the pokedex, edit the regional regional pokedex order and they will be in the regional dex (at least they work fine before the national dex, because I'm not sure if they work after because I haven't tried it yet.)

oh and whenever I try to edit the dex entries, the wrong data comes up, and the nat. dex numbering is wrong, it says stuff like BULBASAUR nat. # 152 and stuff like that, so will it still edit the pokedex right, or does it edit the other pokemon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2009
I strongly suggest you obfuscate this using a free obfuscator such as Eazfuscator.NET to prevent people from using Reflector (which is free) (it can decompile any .NET application and display it in the language you wish) to get your source.

I'm a C# programmer too, and will gladly help you if you need help (but I can't help with .gba format, sorry)

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I can't get the program open!

I can't open the application due to a program missing from my computer. Something about .NET application. WTF is that about? It may have something to do with me having no hacking experience, but could someone help me?
Thanks!

Back