• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Legend of Legends

Kyther

Pokemon Freedom Developer
Years

Pokémon: Legend of Legends

Hi, I am Blazing Inferno, but you can just call me Blaze for short. I am now making a game called Pokémon Legend of Legends. I am using RPG Maker XP. I am new to the whole game-making thing but I have had the idea of making one for so long now that I decide that I would. So here it is.

History of the Codar region
In the ancient times of the world, legendary Pokémon were hunted for their magical abilities, and so they escaped to the Codar region, a land of peace and harmony. However, soon the land of peace and harmony became a war zone, as the Hunters discovered where they had fled to, and started 'ripping' the region apart to find them. After only a few months, they had soon found and captured all of them and took them to a secret laboratory, where they then experimented on them. As they learnt more, they decide to make clones of them. Then one day, while they were experimenting with some toxic gas, an explosion occurred and the legendaries were free, and their clones escaped. But when the explosion occurred, the clone legendaries withdrew the toxic gas, as well as surrounding Pokémon, and became Shadow Pokémon.
After that incident, many people began to list sightings of strange dark Pokémon. As there were more and more sightings, they started to become a problem, as they were gathering in large numbers and attacking natural landscapes, landmarks, cities and towns. So to stop more destruction, highly trained people were sent out to capture the Shadow Pokémon. Even though the Shadow Pokémon's population dropped, one after another, the highly trained people went missing.

Recently, a new organisation called, Team Cosmo assembled. They came into the world to capture, control the Shadow Pokémon, and to purify the Codar region to its original state. They want to punish the world for what they had done to the region, so they are placing their world into eternal darkness, filled with the Shadow Pokémon.

The leader of Team Cosmo, Zy, has always loved his region, and now that his backyard had taken his last straw, he plans to restore his backyard to the peace and beauty it once was. He has learnt about the 'Hunters' vast knowledge and what they had accomplished, and he now plans to use their previous studies to fix his home, and place the world into a state of darkness, to which had previously happened to him.

As a younger kid, you had dreams of one day entering the Codar league. Now that you are close to turning 16, your Mum has told the Professor that you want to leave and go on an adventure, heading for the Codar league. However, one day before your birthday, your Dad (Michael) receives a call from a mystery man, asking him to go somewhere, to help him immediately. Your Dad has no choice but to leave. He gives you your birthday present, then telling you that he cannot say why he must leave and goes.
You wake up a few days later and your Mum tells you to go and see the Professor, and your Dad still has not come back from his mysterious job. You then head over to your friend's place and then go to Professor Quin's laboratory, where your adventure begins. But when you are travelling throughout the region, your goal changes, and all you want to do now is to protect the Legendaries from further harm.

Characters:
Lara (if you are male) or Collin (if you are female) – Is your best friend. She/he is a strong and competitive person who has always looked out for you. Although she/he has a crush on you, when you both decide to enter the league, she/he becomes your rival.

Tyson – Tyson is a boy, not much older than you are, becomes your toughest rival. He has a short tension span and battles any opponent, no matter who it is or how strong they are. He is a rough house, which hates to lose. He treats all his Pokémon as if they are tools and does just about anything to get what he wants.

Team Cosmo – They are an evil organization that plans to capture all the legendary Pokémon and turn the world into a land of chaos and war, destroying the peaceful land of the Codar region in the process.

Team:
Me – Spriting, storyline, mapping, event making

Codar Region Map – top left is the Fertile Islands, centre is Mystical Island and bottom right is Spiritual Island. (Check attachment below)

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials
Zetavares852 for collecting a mass if tiles. (Check Credits to different tiles document)
Thurpok
Neo-Spriteman
Kyledove
Blackkitteh
Soul.//Silver
Tactic

Attachments

• Codar region map.png
    Codar region map.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 50
  • In laboratory.png
    In laboratory.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Talking to mum.png
    Talking to mum.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Credits to different tiles.docx
    13.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
I gave you the inner tiles, right? Don't you forget to credit THURPOK as i told you?
btw.
Good luck with your game ;)

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
honestly, i think the story, is very generic "get pogeymans so you can fight elight for, and beat eval team", the screens are okay, they kind of strike me as empty.
good luck on this.
flamemaster~

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
I am somewhat confused reading your story line. It reads pretty choppy and the grammar isn't 100% which is what spell check and proof reading are for (I realize people from non-English speaking countries may have difficulty sometimes).

There are ideas and questions in the story that are unresolved. It does add to the story when you incorporate a little mystery but if you leave a lot of questions unanswered in the story background then it actually hurts your overall story line. Further more, there are a few that just don't quite make sense (Team Cosmo Leader example).

For example, if the region has been plagued with the Shadow Pokemon and human industries, is it still the "peaceful and harmonious land" it once was? If not, how does it turn "into a land of chaos and evil?" If the Leader of Team Cosmo hates the land so much because it changed from a "land of scenic natural wonders, into a land of many human-made structures" then why does he want to bring chaos and evil to the region? Why not claiming peace to bring the nature back but through evil goals such as destroying all of humanity? (Just an example). Why was it a problem that the Shadow Pokemon were sighted? What were they doing? Destroying cities/towns? Why does your father have no choice but to leave?

Kyther

Years
Kingsnivy - Yeah sorry, I had only credited those from the outside tilesets. I'll be getting around to the inside soon. I am still working on them a bit, (credited Thurpok).

In general though, the storyline is a bit jummbled up and needs fixing but that has its reasons. I originally had an idea for a game then had another one for different one a little while ago, so I combined them together. But yeah, I haven't gone back to fix up the story, as it is still very basic. Somethings like Zy and the Shadow Pokemon problem needs fixing, but it should all be fixed soon.

Thanks for the support.

Kyther

Years
Map updates

Hi guys.
I thought that I would post up the outside maps I have so far.
Here is Elemental Town, the town you start in.
Elemental town.png

The grass in the town my be removed.

Route 1
Route 1.png

Luminosity City - The first city you come accross.
Luminosity city.png

That's all for now. Any criticism is welcome.

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Hi guys.
View attachment 60892

Route 1
View attachment 60893

View attachment 60894

With your town, you seem to be mixing different styles of buildings together - the ones on the left and bottom have no outline, whereas the one on the top right has an outline. This doesn't look good, and you need to be consistent with the style of tiles you are using, otherwise your game simply looks unprofessional. This also happens again in your city map, with the Pokémart and Pokémon Center having no outline. If you need the sprites for the buildings then try here.

As for your mapping skills, I like the city a lot, but both your town and route need work, your route especially. There's too much empty space, and that's not good in a map. Try being a bit more adventurous than just path, grass, trees. Work in some flowers, rocks, ledges, water, make your map look good (but don't over do it). The trick is finding the right balance between functional and pretty. And as for the town, it's competent but bland. Try not to make maps square, it doesn't really work.

Mind you, I do like the city a lot. Just replace the Pokémart and Pokémon Center and it'll be good.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Hi guys.
View attachment 60892

Route 1
View attachment 60893

View attachment 60894

The first point I'd like to make is please, please, please do not mix different styles / generations of tiles which do not fit together. Pick a single style (i.e. a single generation and decide whether you want buildings WITH outlines or buildings WITHOUT outlines).

The mapping in your route is just... really quite bad. You need to go look at some real Pokemon maps to get a grasp of the style and way in which they are mapped. Your map has too many open spaces, is very linear and allows the player to traverse it without going through any grass.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
Hi guys.
View attachment 60892

Route 1
View attachment 60893

View attachment 60894

I really like the city, I think its a good map. As for the other two, I'm afraid I have to say that I don't like them very much. The town is too square, and the route is not only small but bland. My advice is to rearrange the town a bit, and maybe add some objects of scenery such as rocks, flowers or signposts to it. The same goes for the route, but I think some more tall grass would make it better as well. The only thing that I dislike about the city is that the Pokémart and Pokécenter don't have outlines, and the rest of the buildings do. Also, I don't think that the four houses in the bottom right fit in, the outlines are pretty faint. Aside from that, they look good!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Yeah, i have to agree with the others; either have outlines or no outlines, don't mix.

Route needs more grass, it's very simple right now.

Kyther

Years
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy the last week with an assignment. I have read your comments and change all the buildings without outlines. Also, I have changed Elemental town and route 1.

Attachments

• Elemental town.png
    Elemental town.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Route 1.png
    Route 1.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 6
Back