• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Middle School (OOC/SU Thread)

SniDERPvy

My Snivy got Derped......
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Rated PG-13​

Brochure:
Hello Pokémon! Welcome to Pokémon Middle School! This schools is designed for Pokémon ages 10 - 16 to learn all the advanced techniques and review your basic techniques learned in Pokémon Elementary School. It was created to give Pokémon more education after it's experience at Pokémon Elementary School while the Pokémon's Trainer goes to the Pokémon Trainer Academy. Like the Trainer Academy, the Pokémon Middle School focuses on working with the Pokémon's skills, keeping it sharp to help fight against Team Rocket. Now, the classes you take will be determined by what your interest are and what house you are in. Please read the Information below to sort yourself into your houses and what classes you will take. Also, depending on your age, you will be placed in I, II, or III, with 10-11 I, 12-13 II, 14-16 III.

If you are a Pokémon That has a Primary type of Water, Fire, Electric, and Grass, you will be sorted into the Primary House
If you are a Pokémon That has a Primary type of Steel, Rock, Ground, and Normal, you will be sorted into the Defensive House
If you are a Pokémon That has a Primary type of Dragon, Dark, Poison, Fighting, and Psychic, you will be sorted into the Attack house
If you are a Pokémon That has a Primary type of Bug, Flying, Ghost, and Ice, you will be sorted into the Evasive house

You have 3 classes mandatory. Then, you have 3 "Elective classes". Make sure your house is listed under the class.

Mandatory Classes
Basic Review of the Elements
Type Stratagies
Evolution I, II, III

Elective Classes:
Breeding 101
Spoiler:

Pokémon Biology
Spoiler:

Prime Defense I, II, III
Spoiler:

Prime Attack I,II,II
Spoiler:

Prime Evasive I, II, III
Spoiler:

Primary Attacks
Spoiler:

Secondary Attacks
Spoiler:

Advanced Curriculum
Spoiler:

Battling 101
Spoiler:

YOU
As a student, you must live out a year of Pokémon Middle School. Along the way, you will gain friends, and gain enemies. You may even chooses to run away! Simple and easy, right? You may make and join clubs and form alliances and plots. The game is casual, so don't expect too much action. (i'm not telling you what will happen near the middle, that'll ruin the surprise)Make sure you follow the rules below.

1.No Godmodding. If you're in Battling 101, you have to lose sometimes. It's not fair to other players.
2. No Bunnying without permission. This means do not control another person's character.
3. NOTHING Romance except kissing.
4. Keep all cussing to a minimum.
5. Make sure ALL of your actions are PG-13
6. Don't be rude to other players.
7. Disobey any of these rules, i'll give you a strike. 3 strikes, and you're out bucko.
8. Have FUN!

Sign-up sheet
Spoiler:

Players
Spoiler:

I'll wait until 9 players join. Then i'll begin the actual thread. More players can join after that, but make sure the SU's stay here and not in the actual thread. When I see you're SU, i'll PM your schedule for Pokémon Middle School!

My SU:
Name: Kazumo Inicha
Nickname: Kazu
What Pokémon: Servine
Personality: Kazu is a well rounded Servine. He is very smart and athletic. Although a bit shy, he loves to hang out with his Year 1 pals. He struggles to evove into Serperior, and he is VERY close.
History: Kazu received a perfect score on his Elementary test and got MVP in Battling 101 last year. His trainer caught him as a Snivy in the fields close to Nimbasa Town.
Level: 30
Eligible for Advanced Curriculum: Y
3 Elective Classes: Battling 101, Breeding 101, Prime Evasive I

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sweet! A new rp to join!

Name: Somnus

Nickname: Som

Pokemon: Hypno

Personality: Somnus tends to think of psychic pokemon as the cream of the crop, and why shouldn't they be? Psychics are much smarter then their opponents and can pack a punch with their powerful techniques. This attitude often causes him to look down upon non-psychic types and pity them for being born as an inferior type, although he will still hang out with those that are psychic as well as another type. Being a psychic he has a personal hatred for ghost types and will never hesitate to 'demonstrate' his power to them, on the other hand, Somnus greatly fears dark type pokemon as most of his attacks are useless against them, though he will never admit this fear to others.

History: Somnus was captured near route 11 when he was a drowzee by his trainer Elisa Macain. Elisa captured only psychic pokemon and constantly told Somnus that psychic type pokemon were superior to all other types of pokemon, a lesson he took to heart. During his travels with Elisa Somnus saw most of the Kanto region and won many battles causing him to evolve into a hypno. It was only a few months after his capture when Elisa was challenged to a battle by a trainer who only used dark types. Elisa sought to prove that psychics could strive against all types and... was quickly defeated. During the battle every attack Somnus threw at his opponent didn't even come close to inflincting any damage, all the while his opponent ended up beating the hypno with just two attacks. Crushed by one of his very few rare losses Somnus sought to discover a psychic technique that would put all dark types where they belonged, cowering at a psychic pokemon's feet. With his high intelligence Somnus scored a perfect score on his elemenatry test and has just entered middle school, a place where he and every other psychic type will undoubtably shine.

Level: 28

Eligible for advanced curriculum: Y

3 elective classes: Pokemon Biology, Prime Attack I, Battling 101

@SniDERPvy: Just a quick question. Should we also list what attacks our pokemon know?

@SniDERPvy: Just flushed out Somnus' history and personality a little bit more.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
For some reason, the spoilers aren't working for me for the electives, so I'm just going to guess. xD

Name: Bishamon

Nickname: N/A

Pokémon: Gallade

Personality: Bishamon is very kind-hearted. He usually dislikes fighting, but can fight well. If he can get out of a situation without fighting, he will and can do so. However, he can fight and he can fight well if pushed. He rarely loses his temper and loves his dry humour. He is very honourable and hates pokemon who dishonours anything. However, it will not take much to bring him down. He sometimes feels like he is not good enough for Miharu and this can bring him down to a funk. He, however, loves Miharu and all of his teammates...with the exception of Nightmare. He can be fairly sarcastic, although it is mostly influence from Miharu. He can talk to other through telepathy and will talk to Miharu and his other teammates through telepathy.

When Nightmare is around, he usually becomes exhausted, the usual reaction around Nightmare. He also deadpans. A lot.

History: Way before his current trainer, Miharu Mizushima, Bishamon was a Ralts with an unnamed trainer. Bishamon suppressed his name, due to the fact that he was an abusive trainer. The trainer was mad and upset that while he was a Ralts that could not use anything other than Growl. After battles against other pokemon in which he lost, his trainer would hit Bishamon. Bishamon managed to learn Confusion, which he used to blast his trainer away and managed to make it onto Route One. On Route One, he was found by his current trainer Miharu Mizushima. Miharu nursed him back to health and Bishamon swore allegiance to Miharu. Miharu has told him multiple times that he could leave at anytime, but Bishamon still hasn't left yet. Bishamon and Miharu were five at this time.

Five years later, Miharu and Bishamon went onto their adventure. They first went to Unova, where Bishamon helped defeat all eight of the gym leaders. They did not go to the tournament after the gym leaders.

Next region they went through was Sinnoh. At Sinnoh, they managed to meet the champion, Cynthia. Miharu and Cynthia had battled, but Miharu had lost to Cynthia. Bishamon felt that he had let Miharu down by losing, but Miharu cheered him up after Cynthia had left. After helping to defeat all of the gyms, Cynthia gave Miharu a mission to go to the Old Chateau due to the fact of disappearances. They managed to figure out that a Rotom was causing the disappearances and together defeated the Rotom. They still didn't go to the tournament at the end.

However, Miharu and Bishamon were invited to go to a tournament in Almia. This is where Bishamon and Miharu met Nightmare, a shiny, talking, drunken, violent Gengar. Nightmare was controlling Rotoms and attacking the energy core for the tournament. Bishamon and Miharu went down to stop Nightmare. After a fierce battle, Nightmare was captured into a Master Ball, Miharu was sent to the hospital, and Bishamon and his teammates were sent to the Pokemon Center for intense treatment. They were in the finals against Cynthia and were dominated horribly due to Miharu not being able to concentrate due to her stitches being torn. Bishamon keeps on thinking that he should have been able to battled without Miharu leading them and thinks that he failed Miharu once again. Miharu has, also once again, elevated his fears.

They went through Hoenn and beat all of the gyms, doing the same in Johto. In Hoenn, the only adventure they really had was blowing up a lab. They also learned about Nightmare's past in Hoenn. In Johto, they went through many wacky, life threatening adventures, but nothing worth mentioning.

In Kanto, Bishamon and Miharu beat all eight gyms. Miharu had also taken down a fairly strong team that was rising. Enraged, the leader, who had escaped capture, sent an assassin after Miharu. They had a show down at Mt. Silver. Miharu was able to beat four of the assassin's pokemon before the assassin sent out a mind-controlled Salamance and Garchomp that were unable to feel pain. Miharu then started to lose pokemon until it was Nightmare and Bishamon left. Miharu managed to notice two purple jewels and knew that they were controlling the Salamance and Garchomp. However, as she was fighting the assassin at the time, the assassin took chance of the opening and managed to pin Miharu down and choke her. Bishamon, who had the harder of the two, was unable to even spare a moment, but Nightmare managed to take out the Garchomp. Nightmare Shadow Ball'd the assassin, but the assassin dodge, but in doing so let Miharu go. Miharu choked out orders to get the jewels. Nightmare started attacking the Salamance while Bishamon teleported the jewels into Miharu's hands. Miharu crushed the jewels, stopping the mind controlled. The Salamance did something very bad to the assassin and both the Salamance and the Garchomp left. Miharu was once again sent to the hospital and her pokemon were also sent to the Pokemon Center.

This time, Bishamon felt absolutely horrified. To him, it was four times that he had failed Miharu when it mattered the most. Miharu tried to bring him out of his funk, but was unable to. Professor Oak then asked Miharu to join the Pokemon Trainer Academy as a student as Professor Oak felt that there was something weird. Miharu put all of her pokemon aside from Bishamon at the lab (although Nightmare may come to visit Bishamon at some point) and put Bishamon to the Pokemon Elementary School. Bishamon managed to pass the classes with ease, shooting up to the Middle school after a few months of hanging out in the Pokemon Elementary.

Level: 49

Eligible for Advanced Curriculum: Yes

3 Elective Classes: Prime Attack III, Battling 101, Primary Attack III

Last edited:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
Hey, this is freaking awesome!
Ehem. *coughs* Reserve me a spot.

Name: Tenebrosus Folium

Nickname: Tesus

Pokemon: Treecko

Personality: Coming soon

History: Coming soon

Level: 36

Eligible for advanced curriculum: Y

3 classes: Hmmm… Also coming soon

Last edited:

SniDERPvy

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
omigod peoples i am SO sorry.... Lemme jus look thorugh these........
EDIT:
Greiger, you is ACCEPTED!
EDIT1:
MichaelaTheUchiha, you is ACCEPTED!
Titan.Justin, i need more info until you get accepted, but you're RESERVED!
Aquataris, your RESERVED!
EDIT2:
MTU (I'm calling you this cause i don't feel like typing you're full username), I sent you you're schedule.
EDIT3:
Greiger, I sent you you're schedule

NOW GOODNITE!

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
After day's of thinking, I will join.

Name: Jocucator

Nickname: Joc

Pokémon: Ambipom

Personality:

Jocucator, or Joc as his trainer nicknamed him, is a happy-go-lucky Pokemon. He likes playing with other Pokemon of his owner. He rarely think of his own abilities, unlike his team mates. In a group, Joc will always be the one who fulfills the role of being a jester. However, he is not skill-lacking. He is one of his owner's powerhouse, packing a U-turn, Fake Out, Taunt, and Low Kick.

However, even though he could be the life of a party, Joc secretly despised one of his owner's boxed Pokemon, a Mamoswine by the name of Rayther.

Joc likes Rare Candies and Lum Berries.

History:

Joc was caught as an Aipom while his trainer was busy headbutting some trees back in Route 29. He thought his trainer was looking for a Heracross, but as far as he know, there are no Heracross in his tree. However, during the third headbutt, Aipom lost his balance and fell. The next thing he knew is he was walking down Cherrygrove City with his trainer, Asha.

Aipom continued to be a constant member of Asha's team, eventually becoming Asha's signature Pokemon. Together with his team mates, they helped Asha grow to be a respectable trainer. Joc evolved when he was battling against Pryce's Dewgong.

During one of their travels, Asha caught a rampaging Mamoswine. Joc wanted at first to make friends with Rayther, but the latter attacked Joc, resulting to Joc's hatred to Mamoswine and anything related to the Ice-types.

Level: 42
Eligible for Advanced Curriculum: N

3 Elective Classes:

Pokemon Biology, Battling 101, Prime Defense III

There.

Last edited:

SniDERPvy

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Errr..... Actually, if you choose Prime Defense, you'll automatically have it at the III level cause The Pokemon is 16 years old. You can't have Prime Defense I or II cause those are for the littler kiddies

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
oopss. fogot about that part. i'll edit my SU. thanks for pointing it out. :)

edited! I hope I get accepted!

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Name: Tyrant Storm

Nickname: Kyon

Pokemon: Scrafty

Personality: Kyon can be quiet at times, and tends to keep away from Bug and Fire types due to his horrible experience with fire as a young Scraggy. He has the suspicion that something is out to get him for reasons unknown. Kyon normally stays away from the crowd, and tries to hide the fact he hates fire. He always keeps his promises, even if it kills him.

History: Kyon lived in Unova Route 4 in the construction site back when he was a Scraggy. He stood out of the sandstorms as long as possible until he decided to relocate to a safer place. Kyon went and spent about a week living on the rooftops in Castelia City, talking to a few Pidove and a Tranquill or two...up until one day. The leader of the group, an Unfezant, didn't like Kyon hanging around his "gang," so after a short battle, Kyon was easily defeated by the Unfezant without a challenge. Soon afterwards, Kyon relocated again to Pinwheel Forest, hoping he would have some luck. He soon befriended a Pansear and a Panpour who proved to be a bad influence to Kyon. They had him do all kinds of rude, painful things to other pokemon in the forest until he was hated by all except the two pokemon he decided to trust. The two soon considered Kyon and all of Pinwheel Forest now useless, and decided to set the forest on fire. Kyon rescued the other pokemon in time before the exits were blocked, trapping Kyon inside. As smoke spread, Kyon found a single Simisage waiting for him. The Simisage claimed Kyon of setting the forest on fire. They fought, and Kyon luckily won in the end. The Simisage swore revenge, and dashed off quickly like a ninja. Kyon was nearly killed by a falling tree on fire, but was saved by a Simipour, who then taught Kyon how and why to fight for the right reasons. During his training, Kyon evolved into a Scrafty. Afterwards, the Simipour advised that Kyon should go to Elementry school to learn more techniques. Kyon passed with a 92, and continued his path to Middle school...

Level: 49

Eligible for advanced curriculum: Yes, but he doesn't want it.

3 classes: Primary Attack, Secondary Attack, Prime Attack III

SniDERPvy

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Do you mind taking over during the weekdays, I gotta study for a BIG test

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Name:Helos seron
Nickname:Soren (the surname was just changes)
Pokémon: Salamance
Personality: A very shy and startling pokemon beeding eyes and a red hot temper with moves to back him up, long scaleys and tempromental a single love pokemon and only likes one person try to touch him and your finger is gone. With the owner he is fun loving and kind with others he is watchfull carful and shy.
History: Soren was a long lived bagon until an epic battle againts a arcanine forced it to evolve into full might, living in a cave most of its years it flys of to diffrent mountains for the seasonal changes. This creature gained a might hate for people as he was torched and hurt by hatful teens it got rid of the teens with might and power. he flew off to the heighest mountains in the region for many years until he needed food he found a sinlge friend that he trusted. he flew off to crestelia city until he was attacked and he dled , alone and hety bird is what he is but loyal to one....
Level: 41
3 Elective Classes:
Attack II
Evasive
defensive

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Name:Helos seron
Nickname:Soren (the surname was just changes)
Pokémon: Salamance
Personality: A very shy and startling pokemon beeding eyes and a red hot temper with moves to back him up, long scaleys and tempromental a single love pokemon and only likes one person try to touch him and your finger is gone. With the owner he is fun loving and kind with others he is watchfull carful and shy.
History: Soren was a long lived bagon until an epic battle againts a arcanine forced it to evolve into full might, living in a cave most of its years it flys of to diffrent mountains for the seasonal changes. This creature gained a might hate for people as he was torched and hurt by hatful teens it got rid of the teens with might and power. he flew off to the heighest mountains in the region for many years until he needed food he found a sinlge friend that he trusted. he flew off to crestelia city until he was attacked and he dled , alone and hety bird is what he is but loyal to one....
Level: 41
3 Elective Classes:
Attack II
Evasive
defensive

Um, dude, just to let you know, Salamences evolves at level 50, so having a Salamence at level 41 is...well, impossible. I can tell you like Salamence, but perhaps it would be better to go with a Shelgon if you want to evolve later?

Oh, and you're spelling Salamence wrong. Just to let you know.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Woops well like i said he was forced to evolve :/ just saying haha read :P lol yea if you see it says he fout an arcaine as a bagon and he released alot of power and he evolved so he could win the battle ;) does that clear things up?

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Just a little something I concocted for this RP. There will probably be spelling and grammatical errors that I couldn't catch. Just to let you know, I can't post as frequently as I would like, but I will try to post as often as I can.

Name: Cannas
Pokémon: Slowking (Sain)
Personality: Cannas is a very creative and imaginative person. He applies this when he is doing art and he can even apply this through battle. Because of his skills as an artist, Cannas has an eye for detail which he can use to his advantage when battling.

Cannas may seem he can let insults slide, but in truth he bottles up his emotions inside, usually anger, and he can bottle up emotions for long periods of time. He vents his anger bottled through art or boxing, something he recently picked up.

He is more of a person who can drive a conversation. He has a hard time creating small-talk with people because conversations he manages to start usually end up dying. When a conversation dies he doesn't really know how to make a new one and depends on others to create another one, however this usually ends up in failure and awkward silence. Cannas can pull a sarcastic and/or funny joke every once in awhile.

He may seem very intelligent however; it is just hard work that gets him where he is in academics and as a person. Cannas envies people very easily, which is a weakness for him. This weakness stems from the fact that he has trouble of accepting himself as a likeable person. Adding the fact that he's gay doesn't really help his situation either.

Cannas values family and friendship, he is very willing to go to great lengths for his friends and family. Cannas is a very good secret keeper and knows how to act and lie. He also knows when to stop talking when necessary.

Sain's personality: Sain is very intelligent, just like many of his kind. He's very wise and doesn't hesitate to share his wisdom to other younger Pokemon. To older Pokemon, he can hold long intelligent conversations. He's very social in this way and can start and stop a conversation very easily. Because of his secondary type, he is able to communicate through the use of telepathy, but not for long periods of time like an Alakazam can. Being raised and trained by Cannas, he can battle by himself for a certain amount of time and he also seems to have picked up some creative capabilities that Cannas possess.

Sain is very kind and humble. He gives credit where it's due and treats Pokemon very fairly without much prejudice.

History: Cannas was born in the town of Azalea in the Johto region. His Dad works at the local Poke'mart, his mother works as a gym trainer in Bugy's gym, and his brother, Arnold, is a successful traveling trainer. Because of his background, he has some experience with battling. When he was a child he took up art lessons and has been perfecting it since then.

When he was ten he nursed an injured Slowpoke that wandered out of the Slowpoke well. Since then Sain, Cannas soon named, has always been attached to him. Before he left on his journey, Arnold visited and helped Cannas evolve Sain into a Slowking. During his journey, he only collected about four to five badges before coming home. He had seen a television program that covered one of Arnold's battles and this had hit him hard. Seeing his brother battle on T.V. and seeing his skill level made him realize that he wasn't ever going to be as good as him nor would he ever be a good match for him. Dejected, he quit after beating Chuck. Since then he began to linger in Azalea Town once more. While surfing on the internet one day he found an application for the Pokemon Middle School and filled out their online application, hoping that this school would be able to raise his skills so he could go traveling once more.

Level: 45

3 Elective Classes:
Battle 101
Prime Evasive III
Prime Attacks III

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Just a little something I concocted for this RP. There will probably be spelling and grammatical errors that I couldn't catch. Just to let you know, I can't post as frequently as I would like, but I will try to post as often as I can.

Name: Cannas
Pokémon: Slowking (Sain)
Personality: Cannas is a very creative and imaginative person. He applies this when he is doing art and he can even apply this through battle. Because of his skills as an artist, Cannas has an eye for detail which he can use to his advantage when battling.

Cannas may seem he can let insults slide, but in truth he bottles up his emotions inside, usually anger, and he can bottle up emotions for long periods of time. He vents his anger bottled through art or boxing, something he recently picked up.

He is more of a person who can drive a conversation. He has a hard time creating small-talk with people because conversations he manages to start usually end up dying. When a conversation dies he doesn't really know how to make a new one and depends on others to create another one, however this usually ends up in failure and awkward silence. Cannas can pull a sarcastic and/or funny joke every once in awhile.

He may seem very intelligent however; it is just hard work that gets him where he is in academics and as a person. Cannas envies people very easily, which is a weakness for him. This weakness stems from the fact that he has trouble of accepting himself as a likeable person. Adding the fact that he's gay doesn't really help his situation either.

Cannas values family and friendship, he is very willing to go to great lengths for his friends and family. Cannas is a very good secret keeper and knows how to act and lie. He also knows when to stop talking when necessary.

Sain's personality: Sain is very intelligent, just like many of his kind. He's very wise and doesn't hesitate to share his wisdom to other younger Pokemon. To older Pokemon, he can hold long intelligent conversations. He's very social in this way and can start and stop a conversation very easily. Because of his secondary type, he is able to communicate through the use of telepathy, but not for long periods of time like an Alakazam can. Being raised and trained by Cannas, he can battle by himself for a certain amount of time and he also seems to have picked up some creative capabilities that Cannas possess.

Sain is very kind and humble. He gives credit where it's due and treats Pokemon very fairly without much prejudice.

History: Cannas was born in the town of Azalea in the Johto region. His Dad works at the local Poke'mart, his mother works as a gym trainer in Bugy's gym, and his brother, Arnold, is a successful traveling trainer. Because of his background, he has some experience with battling. When he was a child he took up art lessons and has been perfecting it since then.

When he was ten he nursed an injured Slowpoke that wandered out of the Slowpoke well. Since then Sain, Cannas soon named, has always been attached to him. Before he left on his journey, Arnold visited and helped Cannas evolve Sain into a Slowking. During his journey, he only collected about four to five badges before coming home. He had seen a television program that covered one of Arnold's battles and this had hit him hard. Seeing his brother battle on T.V. and seeing his skill level made him realize that he wasn't ever going to be as good as him nor would he ever be a good match for him. Dejected, he quit after beating Chuck. Since then he began to linger in Azalea Town once more. While surfing on the internet one day he found an application for the Pokemon Middle School and filled out their online application, hoping that this school would be able to raise his skills so he could go traveling once more.

Level: 45

3 Elective Classes:
Battle 101
Prime Evasive III
Prime Attacks III

Okay, either I got confused or you got confused. The name is for the pokemon. You're playing a pokemon. This SU is for the pokemon. I added Miharu 'cause she's a big reason as to why Bishamon is there, but she may or may not play a huge part. Your history should reflect the pokemon, 'cause the trainer's background isn't going to show the pokemon's history. The trainer should really only be in the history unless you plan on making a lot of cameos. And I mean, a LOT.

Of course, this is just me speaking. I have no idea what the GM wants.

Back