• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PCX Retro Gaming Event

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I be taking part in this, Post will edited to include score :)

attachment.php

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Been over several years since I've played Tetris, whew. Need to freshen up on this, but this will be my result. Looking at others, looks like I've reached the 2nd highest level on here ^_^

P.S., didn't realize there were fingerprints on my screen till I took this. x) Cleaning time!

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I have to say this is one of the worst versions of Tetris I've ever played. -.-
If we were playing the iOS or DS versions I'd be doing much better.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
I simply love this event! And after a lot of tries, I finally have a +100k score :D

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I have to say this is one of the worst versions of Tetris I've ever played. -.-
If we were playing the iOS or DS versions I'd be doing much better.

Unfortunately, we were limited to the versions that we could use, since it had to be accessible by everyone, and have the ability to be embedded in the thread itself. I am personally a big fan of the iOS version as well, but scoring and gameplay are slightly different for each version, so we wanted to keep it standardized.

---

Keep up the great work everybody, the leaderboard has been updated again. Still a few more days to submit or update your scores!

Years
Ugh, this game gets so brutal at the end.

Spoiler:

You do seem to get higher scores when you don't start on level one though.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hi, this is cool, although the controls seem a bit laggt, grr.

here's my score. got tons of lines, but not enough score...

Spoiler:

Years
Scoreboard has once again been updated, with the top score over 100,000 points!

You've still got the rest of today and the weekend to send in your final scores, so keep playing. And if you haven't given it a shot, there's an emblem in it for you just for participating, so it doesn't hurt to try!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm gonna enter just to participate.

Spoiler:

I'm horrible at this game, and looking at everyone else's score, I have no chance lol.

Edit: better score on same level
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Less than 24 hours left to get your final attempts in. Remember though, any edits after 11:59 PM EST won't count towards the leaderboard, so make sure you know your time zones.

Best of luck for any other participants!

Cid

Years
After getting a relatively high score on my first try, every subsequent attempt has been a failure.
I guess beginner's luck just ran out quickly.

Anyway, here's my first and best score.

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This was the best I could do ;(

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Here's my entry :)
It's been a while since I've played Tetris.

Years
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Retro Gaming Event this year, but entries are now closed.

The winner of the event this year was DarkAlucard, who got the event's high score of 105,191 points. Also, props goes out to Jeremy, whose high score was a whopping 157,264 points, but unfortunately, was after the deadline and did not count (Jeremy's actual score was enough for second place, though). Coming in third place was Virtual Headache, who managed to score 81,753 points.

Again, congratulations to all the winners and participants! Emblems should be awarded within the next week or so, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for them!

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Retro Gaming Event this year, but entries are now closed.

The winner of the event this year was DarkAlucard, who got the event's high score of 105,191 points. Also, props goes out to Jeremy, whose high score was a whopping 157,264 points, but unfortunately, was after the deadline and did not count (Jeremy's actual score was enough for second place, though). Coming in third place was Virtual Headache, who managed to score 81,753 points.

Again, congratulations to all the winners and participants! Emblems should be awarded within the next week or so, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for them!

Thanks to the EO's of this great event. I can't believe I won! n.n
And congratulations to all the other participants!

Back