• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
i have a problem. I caught a male ralts. Can someone tell me how to evolve it into a gallade? I heard that there is no dawn stone in this game. Is that true?

There is no Gallade in Life of Guardians. :3

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
Are there any pokemon editors i can use to find movesets? i tried using Yape and it said ROM unrecognized.

FlamesofTruth

Queen of Randomness
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2016
I'm in Mt. Krystal and the inside is really hazy. There is nothing but haze. No ground, no walls. I can't go anywhere because I don't know where anything is. Help please?

Years
I'm in Mt. Krystal and the inside is really hazy. There is nothing but haze. No ground, no walls. I can't go anywhere because I don't know where anything is. Help please?
This is entirely up to your determination and a little bit use of mind. Try to concentrate to the places you are going as well use your Save States wisely.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

DesMume(?) does that. You can fix that though, by hacking the game.
Open the ROM with a hex editor and change the header from [RDLG] to [AXVE].
Spoiler:

Save it afterwards. And then, open the ROM with Advance Map (don't use A-Map 1.95).
Locate Mount Krystal, and then go to the 'Header' tab and change the weather.
Spoiler:

Save afterwards.
And then, open the ROM with a hex editor again, and change [AXVE] back to [RDLG].
Save and play the game. :3

Do note that your character shouldn't be inside Mount Krystal in order for the changes to take effect.

FlamesofTruth

Queen of Randomness
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2016
Thanks! I would have used a gba emulator, but No$gba is the only emulator that works on my laptop properly.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2021
Hey guys,
first of all great work with the patch it seems great even though i havent gotten it to run jet.

anyway i tried patching it 5 different roms so far but i always get that message:

Failed! Input checksum is invalid

any help would be much appreciated. maybe i just missed something? you have to use an usa ruby rom right?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
does anyone know how to evolve pokemon like eggsecutor like the one the frass master had and what pokemon do get new evolutions anyways?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I beat Zah in the Good Path and now I can't find Alice in the Leon Empire. Any help?

Head back to the Tower of Fate and talk to Chaomega. He will tell you to visit Giratina in the Shadow Valley. Head to Shadow Valley and meet with Giratina there, and then Princess Alice will be in the Leon Empire.

Please read the F.A.Q. on the first post next time.

does anyone know how to evolve pokemon like eggsecutor like the one the frass master had and what pokemon do get new evolutions anyways?

Furruny evolves into Guibit at level 18.
Yanma evolves into Yanmega at level 25.
Flurrel evolves into Frozzel at level 25 and evolves into Nevidrel at level 48.
Whisperee has no evolution.
Stronthio has no evolution.
Baby Lugia evolves into Lugia through happiness (any time of the day).
Minkak has no evolution.
Occultales has no evolution.
Magneton evolves into Magnezone at level 42.
Stormidran has no evolution.
Sprinephy has no evolution.
Amorswan has no evolution.
Volbeat evolves into Beatote at level 25.
Illumise evolves into Illaimant at level 25.
Terrange evolves at level 30...
...into Eloatank if Attack > Defense.
...into Hulkwell if Attack = Defense.
...into Terrapul if Attack < Defense.
Exeggutor evolves into Exegglent through Sun Stone.
Skarmory evolves into Skarmiger at level 35.
Sneasel evolves into Weavile through happiness (any time of the day).
Riolu evolves into Lucario through happiness (any time of the day).

Hey guys,
first of all great work with the patch it seems great even though i havent gotten it to run jet.

anyway i tried patching it 5 different roms so far but i always get that message:

Failed! Input checksum is invalid

any help would be much appreciated. maybe i just missed something? you have to use an usa ruby rom right?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Yeah, the base ROM I used is a Ruby [US] version 1.0, the one without the MUGS intro.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
On the OG post: "You were supposed to be able to access the portal behind Chaomega, where you'll be able to reach the Hevah region in the other timeline. But meh, too much work..."
Maybe you could still add something special behind the portal after 100%ing the game that would be less time consuming to make? Just a thought but its not really important.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
does anyone have problems with the patcher? I don't know why, but Tsukuyomi don't let me patch the hack. The program said ""Failed! Input checksum is invalid.". Is anyone with the same problem as me?

Years
I remember enjoying this game alot last summer,and I'm wondering if there's something to do in the island you unlock after beating the league other than talking to NPCs.
Also,is there a way to see the date of the various updates?I'm not sure if I'm running an obsolete version.

Years
does anyone have problems with the patcher? I don't know why, but Tsukuyomi don't let me patch the hack. The program said ""Failed! Input checksum is invalid.". Is anyone with the same problem as me?
That is because you are not choosing the correct Ruby ROM. Try patching it with Ruby 1.0 US Rom
I remember enjoying this game alot last summer,and I'm wondering if there's something to do in the island you unlock after beating the league other than talking to NPCs.
Also,is there a way to see the date of the various updates?I'm not sure if I'm running an obsolete version.
You can always see the update on the first page and the last time DjG made it... Also the current beta version released is Version 16.4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back