• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A theory about Necrozma and the Ultra Beasts!

DuckTheDuck

Ice! Ice!! Ice!!!
Years
Hi! I'm from Brazil and I really like Pok?mon since I was a kid! I'm very excited about the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games, researching a little and watching videos I managed to get to pretty cool things for a theory, so come on!

And.. Sorry for my bad english, haha! I am using Google Translate for some problems!

Well, researching a little about Necrozma, I had the idea of ??separating your name in two words, keeping only the "middle". Of course, the words formed were Necro and Ozma. Necro is an etymology to indicate death or a dead body, we all know, but Ozma was more interesting to research. Giving a glimpse I find something very cool and very reminder of the Ultra Beasts!

"The "Drake Equation" is a probabilistic argument used to estimate the number of active extraterrestrial civilizations in our Milky Way galaxy with which we could have chances to establish communication."

That was the first thing I found. I was quite intrigued because this extraterrestrial civilization has a lot to do with the Ultra Beasts. They came from an alternate dimension we know in the Pok?mon universe. Are there not only those Ultra Beasts, but a civilization in which it is quite common to find them? Well, that was just the beginning, because I found cooler things still involving this Drake Equation.

"In the project he called the Ozma Project, Drake investigated two SUN-like stars: Episilon Eridani and Tau Ceti."

The Sun is a star, and according to the trailers of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Necrozma has a chance to be a star, who has made a living, but she is dying and losing her light (NECROzma). Following this logic I thought about it here:
What if Necrozma, in a desperate attempt to find a new star for him to have his light again, used his forces to open wormholes (the Ultra Wormhole) and try to find stars to get his light? And if that huge hole on top of Melemele is one of the earthworm holes that Necrozma opened to see if there was a star powerful enough to give it light again? In this opening of earthworm holes in space, he opened a dimensional slot that freed some Ultra Beasts from the civilization that is common to find them and so they are on Earth, for they came out of that wormhole in Melemele. Now that Necrozma has arrived on Earth, he has been able to find two inexhaustible sources of light, and wants to take them on to have his life back:

Solgaleo and Lunala!

I hope you liked it! And thank you for reading! A hug from Brazil!

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I doubt any of that would happen and be true. I tend to not believe in theories from others.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
No one asked you if you think they are true or not.

It's a pretty cool concept; Take everything with a pinch of salt. It could happen and it could not. Why not take in more information? It's not everyday you get to learn something cool and new like this and I find it pretty creative and a cool concept to follow.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
No one asked you if you think they are true or not.

It's a pretty cool concept; Take everything with a pinch of salt. It could happen and it could not. Why not take in more information? It's not everyday you get to learn something cool and new like this and I find it pretty creative and a cool concept to follow.
I never said that they did. Please don't talk to me like that. Uncalled for.

I just don't think that the theory is realistic and not remotely possible.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Huh, had no idea that the "ozma" part of "Necrozma" might actually mean something

It does thematically make some sense

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I never said that they did. Please don't talk to me like that. Uncalled for.

I just don't think that the theory is realistic and not remotely possible.

At least give some reason to contribute positively to the discussion dude.

Personally, I think the theory is very interesting because of the OP's breakdown of the word "Necrozma;" however, I disagree with his theory because Necrozma is translated from Japanese and its very possible the final storyline wasnt finished before the release of Sun and Moon.

Last edited:

DuckTheDuck

Ice! Ice!! Ice!!!
Years
At least give some reason to contribute positively to the discussion dude.

Personally, I think the theory is very interesting because of the OP's breakdown of the word "Necrozma;" however, I disagree with his theory because Necrozma is translated from Japanese and its very possible the final storyline wasnt finished before the release of Sun and Moon.

"Necrozma" has the same pronunciation in both English and Japanese (? ? ? ? ? Necrozma). The pronunciation is also the same in French, German, Spanish and Italian!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
"Necrozma" has the same pronunciation in both English and Japanese (? ? ? ? ? Necrozma). The pronunciation is also the same in French, German, Spanish and Italian!

Yup! Most of the legendaries tend to have the same name in multiple languages starting with Gen II. Masuda himself once mentioned that he picked names would make would good in multiple languages or something along those lines.

I got a theory about Necrozma of my own. That theory is that Necrozma is an astral being. I got this idea by seeing the cover of the games. There seems to be a figure with eyes in some images from the official site. Oddly enough that would make the ghost and steel typing a better fit for Necrozma as it's like a ghost inhabiting armor. Funny enough, Steel and Ghost just so happen to be the secondary typing of the other two members of its trio...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Here's what the official website says about Necrozma following what was shown in the Direct:

"Necrozma is a mysterious Legendary Pok?mon said to be from a different world. Necrozma uses light as an energy source to stay active. It also absorbs light energy from its opponents and turns that energy into powerful lasers using the prisms in its two arms. The lasers can blast through anything. It has a dangerous nature, and rages about in search of light, but also appears to be in pain when it does so."

That last sentence is very interesting; at first I thought that Necrozma might actually be evil because of how it's portrayed in the trailers and its SM Pokedex entry saying it has a vicious disposition. It may still be, I don't know... but I'm wondering if that light creature on the boxarts has anything to do with it searching and feeding off light.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Here's what the official website says about Necrozma following what was shown in the Direct:

"Necrozma is a mysterious Legendary Pokémon said to be from a different world. Necrozma uses light as an energy source to stay active. It also absorbs light energy from its opponents and turns that energy into powerful lasers using the prisms in its two arms. The lasers can blast through anything. It has a dangerous nature, and rages about in search of light, but also appears to be in pain when it does so."

That last sentence is very interesting; at first I thought that Necrozma might actually be evil because of how it's portrayed in the trailers and its SM Pokedex entry saying it has a vicious disposition. It may still be, I don't know... but I'm wondering if that light creature on the boxarts has anything to do with it searching and feeding off light.
That need to absorb light reminds me of a black hole.

Back