• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Huge update, gonna keep it to basics.

Team

Forretess/Tank

Scyther/DeathLord

Heracross/JohnLennon

Ariados/Maspider

Yanmega/Buzzkiller
60 derp.

BGot all of the Johto badges, beat the e4, got all kanto badges. Do I have to beat red? Or is this it? Im onto Emerald anyway, will beat red if I have too....gotta go fast...shouldnt have drunk that coffee...

Okay, Emerald! I got mudkip, for surf and other hms. Got a wurmple, evolved into Beautifly(killer). Got a cascoon, evolved into Dustox (Dusty)
Caught Nincada

Beat Roxanne, and an unlucky Aqua Grunt.
Saved Peeko like a boss
Went to Dewford, beat brawly and met steven stone.
Went to slateport, foiled team aqua, delivered goods.
Went to Mauville. Heres how I beat Wattson, its a pretty balling strategy.

Kill voltorb and electrike with dustox and psybeam
Kill manectric with beautifly and mega drain
Send in dustox for magneton. Let him thunderwave me.
Forsee inevitable shockwave, switch to shedinja.
Wonder guard boss
Forsee supersonic, switch to dusty.
Dusty is confus.
Forsee shockwave, switch to shedinja
Etc
Etc
Oh noes! Magnezone has no PP left for supersonic!
Shedinja is invincible, proceed to kill with supercharged fury slash (like 15 times in succession to kill, lol)
Collect badge.

Awwww yeah! I'm a genius!

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
The original post is usually a pretty good place to look for that sort of info. Just sayin'.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Okay, beat Red.

All levels the same, except yanmega is 90 now (sweeper ftw)

In emerald, I beat Flannery with toxic, protect, moonlight, and a lot of patience.

On my way to get Anorith, and going all the way Petelburg to beat Norman.....I hope a level 40 beautifly and dustox is enough to take down goliath, because theres nowhere to grind really.

Okay, beat Norman! Onto winona....

Edit: Geez, my level 45 arnaldo, dustox, and beautifly can't beat a level 31 skamory. Toxic wont work, and he resists every attack I know except shadow ball, but shedinja only gets one shot off before getting ohko'd. And winona has like, 3 hyper potions...ugh. Time for some serious grinding.

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Lets go to the school!
Spoiler:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Mmmm these bugs are bawling.

Beat every gym leader cept Juan.
Beat team magma and aqua at their hideouts.
Found Rayquaza, who stopped the fight of epic proportions
THEN I beat Juan. Lucky ancientpower allowed me to 2HKO Kingdra on my second attempt. (Crit hit, AND I got all of my stats raised to kill it on the next hit)

Team Update

Dusty
Level 49 - Wall (toxic, protect, and moonlight can take down any powerhouse)

Killer
57 - Annoying pest (Morning sun, giga drain, and attract make a very annoying pokemon)

Armaldo (ancient)
51 - Powerhouse (basic attacking with metal claw and ancient power)

Heracross
Level 49 - Sweeper (high spped and attack, plus brick break and take down)

Ninja
Level 45 - Ninja (fast and powerful, swords dance and aerial ace/ fury cutter)

Shedinja
Level 50 - Really only used to OHKO stuff with shadow ball, or confuse them with confuse ray

Onto the elite four!

Prof Oak

Pokemon Professor
Years
I think I'm gonna try this one out.

Username: Prof Oak
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
Game(s): R-> C -> E -> Pt -> B
Monotype: Fighting
Team: I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but my Red team is going to be Primeape, Poliwrath, Machamp, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, although I'll have to trade for one of the Hitmon-pokemon.

pkfire0

Merry Christmas From Blue
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2014
Username: pkfire0
Single or Ultimate: ultimate
Game(s): Y-G-E(randomizer)-P-W
Monotype: Bug
Team: I dont know yet

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Another bug user....?

This is madness!

Lance is determined to wall my team...if only bugs could learn Ice Beam...the rest of the e4 is oneshotted by either brick break or shadow ball

pkfire0

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2014
I have finished my yellow. Sadly I lost the screenshot. My team was Butterfree, Scyther, Venomoth, Parasect, and Pinsir. Now onto Johto. I am going to hack in a level 5 heracross so I don;t have to headbutt trees forever to find one.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I have finished my yellow. Sadly I lost the screenshot. My team was Butterfree, Scyther, Venomoth, Parasect, and Pinsir. Now onto Johto. I am going to hack in a level 5 heracross so I don;t have to headbutt trees forever to find one.
It's not that hard to find heracross, and you can't hack for bug types since they are found early. I always Headbutt the far right tree on the line of trees above Slowpoke Well.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years

You can't kack in pokemon unless that type is unobtainable before the third gym (like dark types in kanto)

Just headbutt the tree right before the walkway building into ilex forest from azaela. On the bottom of the building. Thats where I got my heracross...in 3 headbutts.

Anyway, MY TOTALLY LEGIT bug team is still getting mauled by lance and his fancy flamethrower...and I even grinded to like, level 75.

Guess 80 is the magic number!

pkfire0

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2014
Hey I got to drop out of this due to my gold save file being deleted.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2012
Well... I guess it's time to begin A NEW ADVENTURE : D

Username : ToxicGame
Single or Ultimate : Ultimate
Game(s) : FireRed -> HeartGold -> Emerald -> Diamond -> White (which I didn't buy yet)
Monotype : Poison
Team : For now, since I'm just starting, I have Bulbasaur and Weedle. But I should get Zubat and Nidoran pretty soon.

I wanted to use my LeafGreen cartridge on GBA, but I found out there were no Ekans on this version (which means no Arbok ;.; ). So I searched for my brother's FiredRed cartridge and realized he gave it to his friend. And our Emerald cartridge broke. So... I'm playing FireRed and Emerald on an emulator. I don't like emulators X.X

Last edited:

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
A small update on my Steel UMC:

-Objects obtained!
-Captured Riolu and Metang. Named them Cable and Onslaught.
-Cable evolved! Yay!
-Trained Cable to 50s and now grinding Onslaught.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Well... I guess it's time to begin A NEW ADVENTURE : D

Username : ToxicGame
Single or Ultimate : Ultimate
Game(s) : FireRed -> HeartGold -> Emerald -> Diamond -> White (which I didn't buy yet)
Monotype : Poison
Team : For now, since I'm just starting, I have Bulbasaur and Weedle. But I should get Zubat and Nidoran pretty soon.

I wanted to use my LeafGreen cartridge on GBA, but I found out there were no Ekans on this version (which means no Arbok ;.; ). So I searched for my brother's FiredRed cartridge and realized he gave it to his friend. And our Emerald cartridge broke. So... I'm playing FireRed and Emerald on an emulator. I don't like emulators X.X

Hey, I know you!

Why don't you like emulators, btw? Is it the...you know...guiltyness of using them? Or just the more mundane reason that they're slow...?

And I still can't beat Wallace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back