• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Which tv shows, movies, or books would you like to see as a hack?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Simple as the title says: Which tv shows, movies, or books would you like to see as a hack? Explain your answer of course and maybe even describe some features that would have to go with it!

For me, I'd like to see The Walking Dead as a hack ... maybe not like the Rick Grimes story version because let's face it ... as of late, the story has been a little dry. Lol. Anyways, I'd say a feature would have to be.. instead of pokemon everything is a zombie of some form. You can't capture any, and in order to get guns, you have to buy them from the shop or find them around the land ... these would just be pokemon that are given to you but will be dressed up to where it looks like you're holding a shotgun or something and at lvl 20 your shotgun can "evolve" into a sawed off shotgun lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Marxist writings. From the history and rise of the bourgoisie to the proletarian revolution. Now that would be interesting.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Very interesting thread, kudos. I think I'd love to see a hunger games-esque fight to the death kind of ROM Hack. There's many other awesome series I'd love to see including many animes and stuff like Doctor Who. :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I would love to see a Chrono cross hack! :) If people even tried to, I'm gonna die. Also Final Fantasy hack or Kingdom hears! (I've seen kingdom hearts on youtube, but I almost puke) and yes, nice thread! ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Starwars the old republic or Naruto.
I am actually considering doing a hack of those two.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Supernatural hack....Saving people, capturing things...the family business

Would take a lot of time scripting the endless drama whenever one of the brothers find out something slightly inappropriate about one another or didn't properly consult each other before a decision and whines about it for 7 episodes until they find a new thing to whine about. {XD}

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
One that'll interest me is disgaea sprites in a pokemon games along with ofc the monsters and classes lol that would be epic for me at least

Years
I really don't think the Pokémon gameplay style particularly lends itself to being mashed up with any TV show or movie. I mean, the canon of Pokémon and its lore is great to mix with other pieces of popular culture but when it comes to actually making mashup games, I think it becomes a lot harder.

That being said, I do remember a Mario mashup made by a user called RedYoshi or something ages ago and I always thought it was a great idea, particularly because of the games like Super Mario RPG and the Mario & Luigi series already borrowing a lot of the conventions of RPG games, and thereby the conventions of Pokémon (with some tweaking in some places, obviously).

But yeah, as for TV shows, movies and books, I really don't think anything lends itself to that. Maybe a cartoon like Adventure Time could work, though, because its wacky cartoon characters could probably work using moves like Pokémon do, I suppose.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I always love the idea of mashing other fandoms, genres, or the like with the Pokémon universe, as the basic idea of the Pokémon world can be molded and tweaked so much. Granted, it must be done so gingerly and creatively, but it's very possible for some great games to come out of doing this.

Like Shinx, I would love to see a hack that takes place in the Hunger Games universe. I'm thinking if you mashed the two fandoms up, it'd result in a storyline where the main character would almost have to be a rebel, sneaking out of their district and catching Pokémon - possibly encouraging some reoccuring characters along the way. Only people in the Capitol and capitol officials (possibly people in the career districts too) would be allowed to have Pokémon officially, as anyone else with such power in the districts would be seen as defying authority. Since the districts are so unique resource wise, each one would be very unique in regards to the wild Pokémon that would be found around... which brings about the question, how do you catch Pokémon when Pokéballs would be illegal to sell?

Eh? Lots of possibility here and I didn't even get into the part where you would eventually be caught and forced to participate in the hunger games...

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
Personally, I don't think Pokémon games, particularly in gameplay, lend themselves very well to mixing with other series. If I had to chose, I think something along the lines of The Lord of The Rings would be cool, but that's me.

Actually, this kind of thing has led me to explore ROM hacking outside the GBA games we're all familiar with. In particular, with the epic SNES RPG Chrono Trigger.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Very interesting thread, kudos. I think I'd love to see a hunger games-esque fight to the death kind of ROM Hack.

I could think of a nice variation on this idea, perhaps a Nuzlock-style battle-based arena in which you hunt down everyone else (via trainer battles) while being endangered by your surroundings in the arena. It could make for a very interesting hack, especially if you apply forced Nuzlock rules as well as a system where you have to constantly be searching for Pokemon and items to survive.

Man, I really want to make this hack a thing now.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I could think of a nice variation on this idea, perhaps a Nuzlock-style battle-based arena in which you hunt down everyone else (via trainer battles) while being endangered by your surroundings in the arena. It could make for a very interesting hack, especially if you apply forced Nuzlock rules as well as a system where you have to constantly be searching for Pokemon and items to survive.

Man, I really want to make this hack a thing now.
Oooohhh. Stuff from Mystery Dungeon too like poison blocks and stuff could help hinder your journey. (A bit like when Peeta gets poisoned :P)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
Ive had this idea for a couple of days now a simspons pokemon hack and maybe not just the simpsons but the other fox animated series as well such as family guy and what not could even be a series :P!

Years
The Avengers would be cool. It's like there were 7 of you superheroes traveling together and trying to save the region from a big group of evil guys lol
Did you know that someone on Pokemon Hackers Online, soembody is actually attempting to create a Marvel based Pokémon hack? not much is known about it in terms or characters, but the fact that Peter Parker AKA Spider Man is going to be the Player's rival In the game. It's called Pokemon MarvelRed just to give you a bigger Picture and is being made by a guy by the name of auroraborealis if you'd like to talk to him on those forums, his Pokémon ROM Hack is also on his DeviantART Page.
Link is down below if you'd like to join his ROM Hack.
http://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14902-Pokemon-MarvelRed-Hack-RECRUITING
He's still recruiting people to help him and your Idea of a Pokémon Rom Hack about the Marvel Supers and The Avengers may help further his hack! The hack is being done on a Pokémon Emerald ROM Base.

Years
Did you know that someone on Pokemon Hackers Online, soembody is actually attempting to create a Marvel based Pokémon hack? not much is known about it in terms or characters, but the fact that Peter Parker AKA Spider Man is going to be the Player's rival In the game. It's called Pokemon MarvelRed just to give you a bigger Picture and is being made by a guy by the name of auroraborealis if you'd like to talk to him on those forums, his Pokémon ROM Hack is also on his DeviantART Page.
Link is down below if you'd like to join his ROM Hack.
http://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14902-Pokemon-MarvelRed-Hack-RECRUITING
He's still recruiting people to help him and your Idea of a Pokémon Rom Hack about the Marvel Supers and The Avengers may help further his hack! The hack is being done on a Pokémon Emerald ROM Base.

Wow that was awesome! I'll go check it out

Back