• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black and White stickies

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm 100000% opposed to stickying the weekly polls, how do the rest of you guys feel? Kaori is behind stickying them but I feel they are a waste of space. We cannot come to an agreement so I have decided to bring it to you guys to help us decide one way or another. I also feel not having them stickied is a good thing because all other weekly polls aren't stickied and you can post in them and stickies are scary to new members. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I ain't a big fan of stickies, so I guess go ahead and unsticky them. Maybe include the date in the thread title though so that people know when that was the active weekly poll? And lol stickies must be scary to new members, cause NONE OF THEM use the Q&A threads. And apparently looking through the whole forum is scary too. Because they all like to post their stupid ROM hacking questions in adv gen, and now even metal/color...ugh.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Just going to repeat what I've already said.

They should continue to be stickied that way members get to know what the current weekly poll is, and it gives attention. If a weekly poll from say, last week is way above the current one, some might give more attention to that and even think that it is the latest one. Having the current one stickied doesn't add into that confusion.

Sure 5 stickies are a lot but weekly polls should be stickied for the said reasons. Plus it's just a great organization for the weeklys if they are.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Or just edit the title of every closed one and put [CLOSED] once it's done, or put [CURRENT] in the first one. But tbh having the date in each actually looks really cool and professional so 10/10 for that idea!

Seconding the 'stickies make things scary' sentiment, even I'm intimidated when stickies get to a certain amount despite the fact that I feel comfortable around the forum, for example there are 8 in a few sections and that gets me. I think once it gets above 5 I start getting weirded out and the organization looks more to me like it's just another split for the section, not organized at all lol. And I'm sure the number is lower for normal members that aren't as comfortable.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, that's what you meant by scary. I thought more than 5 looked cluttery, not really scary haha. But yeah, cluttery, scary, whatever. Either way, I think there are too many and it's a bit uncomfortable when there are a lot.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like the date idea. Kaori you never think of any weekly poll ideas yourself - volc vs gene was mine, so why should you get input? Sorry but Syd's idea is the best and we really should do that.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Um, no. Unlike you Nica, I don't have as much time on my hands to go posting all over this thread. I have a life.

The reason I never had any ideas for this whole weekly poll thing is because you went ahead and made a whole archive in which we would use. And yeah, you made it all by yourself again without discussing it with me. Just like you went ahead and made the stupid B2W2 prefix too. :\ Honestly do you have something against having a mod partner? Or me? I swear. You're a total control freak.

Honestly we don't need these unstickied. If members get scared by having them stickied so be it, we're not ghosts, so why should they? They're just threads. As a sticky. To be noticed. Sydian's whole date idea could be great and all but, actually it's stupid and ridiculous. I don't need Sydian's input because this is between me and you Nica, really. Did you have to make the whole staff get into this? Like they even want to. Knowing the H-Staff even, you know they just want to get drunk and party 24/7. :|

I'm honestly thinking about quitting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You're thinking about quitting? Oh good, that would take a relief off my shoulders. You seem to get in my way a lot. Even back in 2010 when I woke up and wanted to merge two threads and you wanted to be a "good girl" and lock the first one then merge the others.

Added in dates, btw. I think they look amazing and aren't stupid and """"ridiculous"""" at all. :)

Oh look at my poll already, it's getting lots of replies. Guess who's right? Me. Yet again. I know the section 10x better than you, lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Gav, stfu. Unless you're going to contribute something useful to this, gtfo. We're trying to "sort" something here (lol like we'll ever sort with her as a mod).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
You should shut up gav, if you don't care about my section why bother to post?

Oh yeah, just add in dates when we still haven't come to a compromise. That's soo like you Nica.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Go mod your spampit. Leave us alone.

Well it's not like your opinion would've changed my mind anyway, tbh. I'm sure Jake would've agreed with me, anyway.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Go mod your spampit. Leave us alone.

Well it's not like your opinion would've changed my mind anyway, tbh. I'm sure Jake would've agreed with me, anyway.

Your sentences are so badly composed I cannot even comprehend what you're saying to me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm sure Jake is who you suck up to for everything. Can't win the fair way?

Yeah modding till you quit, but now I'm questioning if it's even worth it.

Stop trolling Gav.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Shut. The. ****. Up.

That better, Gavin?

@Kaori: I'm not quitting PC, nor staff. Black and White would die without me posting there (and so would CBC as a whole, but that's another story).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
B/W would be better and controlled in much better hands. Since I barely even control it now anyways. Because of you.

You're just a "teacher's pet" in CBC. Everyone pretty much misses the old CBC (well, S&M), with the much better regulars.

Back