• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disney Fan Club ~ Where Dreams Come True

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Sticking to the topic of Disney parks and such, does anyone have a favorite Disney ride?
Yes! Several. Across different parks.

Classics like The Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, or Peter Pan's Flight. But also newer ones like The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Soarin', Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, or Crush's Coaster. And of course, Kilimanjaro Safaris

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
does anyone have a favorite Disney ride? It's a Small World. Hands down. I originally went on this ride in first and second grade, thinking I wouldn't like it at all. Now, I consider it one of my most favorite ones ever! I also like Thunder Mountain because I love trains and Splash Mountain as well. Oh, and Space Mountain was a favorite of me and my mom. XD

I never had the guts to ride the Twilight Tower of Terror. My parents and I made jokes about this too. I can't really remember exactly what they were, but it was still rather funny. Anyway, you couldn't even pay me a million dollars to get on that ride. O_O As much as I love paranormal related stuff, I have to draw the line somewhere. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
omg Tower of Terror was sooo scary. Went there twice with my ex-bf and ooooooh man that was such a ride. I really liked Space Mountain. Now THAT'S a good roller coaster ride. I had to wait 3 hours just to get on that ride and it was worth it. I'd go for it again when I return to Disneyland, but this time I'm buying a FASTPASS, I ain't waiting 3 hours again! xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Tim Burton is at it again!

So we have Cinderella coming out in 2015, now there's Poppins. What's everyone's reaction towards this, especially since Burton is directing it?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Not real.

Rumour and fake material about this has been floating around this just before April 1st this year. So ;)

That trailer has been online since May and we haven't heard a thing about it anywhere

There's a poster for this that's modified from Doctor Who stills (Clara's body, Cate Blanchette's face)

Mary Poppins is too beloved a Disney thing to mess around with. It is the epitome of the uncle Walt nostalgia era. Anything the company does with it would be more respectful and intune to that, ala Saving Mr. Banks.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Not real.

Rumour and fake material about this has been floating around this just before April 1st this year. So ;)

That trailer has been online since May and we haven't heard a thing about it anywhere

There's a poster for this that's modified from Doctor Who stills (Clara's body, Cate Blanchette's face)

Mary Poppins is too beloved a Disney thing to mess around with. It is the epitome of the uncle Walt nostalgia era. Anything the company does with it would be more respectful and intune to that, ala Saving Mr. Banks.

How about the Tim Burton movie of Alice in Wonderland? It was pretty well received with it's nice atmosphere and kid friendly animations.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
It made coin, yes. Critically panned. Personally, I hate the movie.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen. It's that in this instance, it's not happening. That's not a real trailer.

Also, legally, I don't know how much more Disney can do with Poppins.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
awww, i was hoping it would be true anyways.

Hypothetically speaking, do you think there would be a remake in the future, with the same concept and everything? Would it be successful?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
Username: PixelMuppet

Favorite Disney Characters: The Muppets!! (Specifically Kermit, Sweetums, and Walter.) I also love Belle from Beauty and the Beast, as well as Mulan!

Additional Information: My favorite character is Sweetums, from the Muppets. I guess he just resonates with me because I often feel excluded but always want to participate and help others! :)

I grew up in Florida, so I get the annual pass and go to DW frequently.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome, PixelMuppet! I'm glad the Muppets are still around thanks to Disney, even though I haven't seen the second movie as of yet. I will soon! Also, you are lucky to go to disney world all year! I wish I lived near Disneyland so I can visit all year. xD

I can't wait for Big Hero 6 to come out soon! Anyone planning on watching it?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
Thank you! Sorry for delayed reply, work has been crazy and I was at Disney this past weekend! :3

I am anxious for the new movie, and I also haven't seen the new muppet movie! I am waiting for next couple paychecks so I can buy it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not sure how many trailers they have at the moment, but I've seen one few days ago while flipping through TV channels and whatnot, and things didn't seem too bad! Would I watch, though? I'm not too sure. If I find myself stumbling onto it somehow, then I wouldn't mind. I'd definitely watch if my sister wanted to see this movie as well, but I don't believe she knows that it's releasing. This sucks, because even though she's not familiar with any of these characters, I'm positive she'd still enjoy watching, I'm sure. I'll tell her about it at some point and see; if she wishes to go and watch, I'll take her instantly!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm gonna see that movie this weekend. I'll let you know how it went!~

Anyone saw the movie Bolt? Honestly it's the ONLY Disney movie whom I've never really watched in ever! Gonna watch it today after six years it was released.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
That was before Miley sought a bad example. This was made in '08. While I didn't like Miley's voice in that movie, I think the movie was heartwarming and beyond adorable. I don't understand why I never watched it in the first place! If you haven't watched it like I did, what are you waiting for? xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to enjoy listening to Miley's music six to seven years back, when it was around 2008 or so. Her songs weren't bad at all, if you ask me; if you ask me, they were rather catchy! Every time I'd listen, she would never cease to lift my mood up, which I found to be very appreciative. Lately, though, I haven't been following her at all, and have no idea what she has been up to. I feel kind of guilty about that!

Also, I've went to the theater with my sister last week to watch Big Hero 6 (I wanted to see Interstellar, but couldn't, as it wouldn't have interested her; though, I'll make sure to give it a go at some point in future), and it was rather entertaining. I haven't been into animated films as of late, but am glad that I had given this one a go; it didn't seem to disappoint at all, thankfully.

Speaking of which, is there any current ongoing Disney show that we'd like to see get an animated movie adaption at some point? If so, which one is it?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Not sure of current ongoing Disney shows, but I heard Toy Story is getting a holiday special that's debuting sometime next week. I'm not really interested, but I think it's probably something that will lead us to the new Toy Story movie debuting in 2017.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Not sure of current ongoing Disney shows, but I heard Toy Story is getting a holiday special that's debuting sometime next week. I'm not really interested, but I think it's probably something that will lead us to the new Toy Story movie debuting in 2017.
They've made several specials over the years.

Back