• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tournament Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What can you actually win from these tournaments?
Cash/Cards etc?
Examples please :)

Well, that depends on the tournament and the player's age, as well as the number of participants in that player's age group at that particular tournament. At any official tournament, there are boosters given out for placing in the top 3 or so. At the 3 Regionals (Autumn, Winter, and Spring), travel packages to your country's National Championships can be won in addition to packs. At the National Championships, travel packages for Worlds can be won, and some scholarships as well for those under 18. At Worlds, even bigger scholarships can be won.

This stuff is all going off of memory, so I may have omitted some prizes simply because I forgot they exist.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I participated in a Booster tourney for the pre-release of Plasma Freeze today. We built 40 card decks out of 6 boosters. My deck was as follows:
Spoiler:

I played 3 rounds. My first round I put up a really good fight, but lost because all my energy cards were on the bottom of my deck. ;.;

My second round was done in a matter of minutes, as the only 3 Basic cards I was able to get put were swept easily, and I just couldn't find any evos for them.

Round 3 was a slight mixture of the last two rounds, but more on both sides. I managed to beat my final opponent with much difficulty.

Years
Okay, in an effort to consolidate and reduce the number of sticky threads in this section, all tournament reports can be posted as their own threads or in the upcoming Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat thread. I'd love to see more of people's war stories, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back