• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Was I supposed to get HM06 Dive from Hugh in Undella Town after the battle? I didn't get it...

I never played up to that point, but I think you get it from Hugh after you beat the Elite 4.

PD is correct on that.

Speaking of... I tried Iding my IVs on my Staryu. I did no EV training but its atk was still 2 points higher then the range under Timid nature. Should I count that as a 31 IV?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Go north to leave the city, and you should meet Colress and then if you go out to the gate that leads to Route 4, Bianca gives you...something...I think the Dowsing Machine. Very useful in the Desert Resort, btw! You can find lots of shards with it and you'll be needing them if you want to get move tutor moves later on. :)

Edit: Oh, if you meant east or north in the desert, I recommend doing the western part first and get some exp and then the northern part and Desert Resort after it. idk what it is about Desert Resort, but it always kicks my butt in B2W2, so you'll definitely wanna battle the trainers on Route 4 before you go there.

Last edited:

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
After you beat Burgh, you proceed north I think to Nimbasa City. Nacre e City and areas before that are not accessible until post-game, so you can't do any breeding yet.

I hope this helped!

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Is there even any point in getting the medals other than showing off?

With the Dojo in Join Avenue, are Vitamins outdated now?

Also, does it matter how leveled up in EVs a Pokemon already is when getting training at a Dojo? If I wait too long will it be too late to get benefits from the Dojo EV training?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I tried Iding my IVs on my Staryu. I did no EV training but its atk was still 2 points higher then the range under Timid nature. Should I count that as a 31 IV?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Is there even any point in getting the medals other than showing off?

With the Dojo in Join Avenue, are Vitamins outdated now?

Also, does it matter how leveled up in EVs a Pokemon already is when getting training at a Dojo? If I wait too long will it be too late to get benefits from the Dojo EV training?

Medals question: No, not really. They don't upgrade your trainer card or anything.

Vitamins question: No, you can only use a specific Dojo/Cafe service once a day. So the quickest way to EV train is to buy a set of Vitamins from the Mart, use those to get to 100 EVs and then finish off with Dojo/Cafe services.

Third question: No, they can bring the EVs all the way up to 255 (not like you'd want 255 anyway but yeah~).

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
Where can I get Eevee? I've followed a guide but I'm still not able to for some reason.

Years
Where can I get Eevee? I've followed a guide but I'm still not able to for some reason.

You have to go through the Castelia Sewers and there's a staircase you'll come across which leads to a little park where you can catch Eevee.

They have a 5% encounter rate so be patient.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
You have to go through the Castelia Sewers and there's a staircase you'll come across which leads to a little park where you can catch Eevee.

They have a 5% encounter rate so be patient.

I think you can only get there in summer and spring, and if you have Surf.

Years
am I supposed to do anything with the Mandibuzz hanging out in the desert??? or just try and catch it???

You can catch it of course! It's available in Black 2 every Thursday and comes with its Hidden Ability, Weak Armor.

However, you don't need to use it if you want.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 18, 2013
does anybody here know any ar codes for black 2?
i cant find anything on google, so i wanted to know at least
somebody here in pokecommunity would know
oh btw, move modifiers is what im looking for

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
does anybody here know any ar codes for black 2?
i cant find anything on google, so i wanted to know at least
somebody here in pokecommunity would know
oh btw, move modifiers is what im looking for

I've just googled 'Pokemon black 2 action replay codes' and I got quite a few results. So my answer is to google for them.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys,this is my first questing I have had to ask.

For the champion medals,where we have to only use 1 type of pokemon. I know we can use dual types,but can we use more than one?

For example.can I get the Ice Champion medal with the following:

Ice/Grass
Ice/Water
x 4 just Ice.

I have looked around with bing,but haven't found anything accurate to what I am asking.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Do Dream World Pokemon caught in the Entralink Forest count towards the "Catch 50 Pokemon in a day" medal?

No one answered because no one knows. You'll have to test it out and find out for yourself. I can't imagine why it wouldn't seeing as you still have to catch them, but I don't know for certain.

For the champion medals,where we have to only use 1 type of pokemon. I know we can use dual types,but can we use more than one?

Ice/Grass
Ice/Water
x 4 just Ice.

I have looked around with bing,but haven't found anything accurate to what I am asking.

Like above, You'll have to test it out yourself. I don't know if anyone has tried it yet, so you'll have to go ahead and do it yourself to answer the question.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014

Ice/Grass
Ice/Water
x 4 just Ice.

Yup, to get such a medal, all you need is to make your entire team have a certain type.
So if you have Ice/Ghost, Ice/Water and other Ice-types, it still works, so long as you have Ice in every Pokemon. The same goes with other monotype medals.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yup, to get such a medal, all you need is to make your entire team have a certain type.
So if you have Ice/Ghost, Ice/Water and other Ice-types, it still works, so long as you have Ice in every Pokemon. The same goes with other monotype medals.

So. If you use a team of Rock/Grounds, you'll get both the Rock and Ground medals right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back