• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tut] How to map...

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Very nice tutorial! I agree that it works best for someone who already has some mapping knowledge, like where you say to think about the space that the hero sees. A complete beginner might not fully understand how border blocks work yet or know how many tiles to the left, right, top, and bottom you can see in GBA around the hero. But for mappers that know the basics, this is a good tutorial.

Good work on this. :D

How do you add tilesets

Please respond

Responding. You're welcome.

This isn't the place to ask, kid. Try the "Simple Questions" thread. It's for questions that are simple. The title might have thrown you off, since you probably didn't expect a thread with a title like "Simple Questions" to be a place where you ask simple questions. Now you know.

This is a tutorial on how to make maps, not insert tilesets.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Ok how would I do this? I'm trying to make a cave In the middle of route one. I made the entrance already, but how do you make it so you don't walk on top of your cave? And How do I edit the inside after I make the entrance to the cave from route 1?

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Ok how would I do this? I'm trying to make a cave In the middle of route one. I made the entrance already, but how do you make it so you don't walk on top of your cave? And How do I edit the inside after I make the entrance to the cave from route 1?

Once you actually finish your map, (In Advance Map, right?) Then you should go to the tab that says "Movement Permissions View." All purple blocks with "C" on them mean that it's an open space for you to move around freely. The red block with "1" on it would be what you would use for a wall. Place the "1's" over the cave you made (Just not the small hole you'd enter the cave through), and it should be solid.

And to edit the inside, if you've already put a Warp on the cave's entrance, you can just follow the warp to get to the map you'd like to use as a cave. If you haven't put a warp yet, or don't know how, I'm sure there's tutorials around somewhere for it. But you can still edit whatever Map you'd like to use as the cave's interior by either finding one used by the game, or making one from scratch.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Thanks for the turtorial. Now i just need to find out how to get past it screwing up with me. The thing at the end of this video keeps on happening: youtube watch?v=2w57DPqUHHw

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2017
I have a little problem, I have connected and created the map successfully...But when I tested it out during gameplay, this is what happened.

img98.imageshack.us/img98/8021/advmaperror.jpg (URL)

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,

3n3rGyZ

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have a little problem, I have connected and created the map successfully...But when I tested it out during gameplay, this is what happened.

img98.imageshack.us/img98/8021/advmaperror.jpg (URL)

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,

3n3rGyZ

You need to change the border tiles.
(Up in the top-right corner, above all of your tiles, there should be a 2X2 square, just make that the right kind of tree (The kind with another tree above and below it) and this problem will be over.)

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Quick question.
I'm not sure if I made this up in my mind or something, but is there a tool in Advance Map that you can make something like a tree once, and you can place that tree with a click, instead of tile by tile. (When I think about it, I thought it was called "Big Block Editor" or something). But yeah, is there such thing as that, and if so, how do you access it.

[Sorry for sounding like a total fail right there, but I'm trying to get back into mapping.]

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Quick question.
I'm not sure if I made this up in my mind or something, but is there a tool in Advance Map that you can make something like a tree once, and you can place that tree with a click, instead of tile by tile. (When I think about it, I thought it was called "Big Block Editor" or something). But yeah, is there such thing as that, and if so, how do you access it.

[Sorry for sounding like a total fail right there, but I'm trying to get back into mapping.]

Hold the control Key, and click-drag across the tiles you want to use.
(Easiest if you build one tree in the map, and then just select it, and paste it wherever you need it.)

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Thank you.
It surprises me that it's not in any menu or anything..

Edit:
Got it.
You didn't mention to right click, not left.

Last edited:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
I can't see anything. Your spoilers are all acting like they are empty.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
@Korronensu
They work fine for me.
Try refreshing your page/restarting your browser?

Back