• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They could make them appear like Shiny Pokémon, rarely and with some sort of noise/sign that lets you know it's a special ability Pokémon...heck even mae them run away to mae it tougher though with a greater chance to see one than a shiny and run away legends.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd actually like that, maybe without running away, but definitely like a Shiny kind of encounter. Maybe something like a 1/100 chance to encounter one (since it's supposed to be rare, but it's not super rare or anything?

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
I for some reason am having a lot of faith in this Gen, even if we haven't seen much. I wasn't a terribly big fan of Gen IV or V, minus a few select Pokemon, but this one... I don't know, good vibes I guess.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I felt the same way about Gen V, and the same way about this generation. Maybe it was just because from the start I didn't like Gen V (once I saw the starters I just wasn't happy with where it was going), but now I just feel pretty content about everything we've seen for the most part (minus the male protagonist, who needs to go away). I think we're going to get something good this time around, especially with the move over to a new handheld.

blue

gucci
Years
Not sure if this is fake or not, it looks pretty real but it's apparently the preview of this weeks Smash episode which seems to be centered around Pokemon X & Y and Sylveon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If it is actually real, maybe we'll finally get Sylveon's typing out of the way and people can finally stop talking about it c;

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
:/ my thread got locked & they told me to take my idea here

I was saying in the pokedex X & Y will cover #666, and that Houndoom should evolve, have 3 heads and be called Houndeath, and have beastly stats like Garchomp, Tyranitar, etc.

And another thought I had was

Wouldn't it be cool if they'd let us have Pokemon battles against our own self?

Where we either 3v3 or 6v6 ourselves, but not with the exact same pokemon. We'd have to take our team and split 1 half against the other, or make 2 seperate full teams

Just because considering how much hassle it is to get random peoples friend codes & then be ready to battle at the same time

You know, that or they could just let us have 6v6 random wifi battles.... instead of just 3v3....

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm not holding my breath for it, but the title of the video assumes that Sylveon will be a Fighting type based off of the content shown. While not impossible I highly doubt it. It's possible we could get something out of this weeks Smash episode, since CoroCroco scans should be leaking online by the end of the weekend.
They could make them appear like Shiny Pokémon, rarely and with some sort of noise/sign that lets you know it's a special ability Pokémon...heck even mae them run away to mae it tougher though with a greater chance to see one than a shiny and run away legends.
Minus the running away part, I really like this alternative.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yeah, with the girl karate chopping the board down, it definitely alludes to a Fighting typed Sylveon. Who really knows, but I definitely wouldn't mind that.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Please let Sylveon not be Fighting type!!
GF already messed up Mewtwo and a Fighting type for Sylveon? No, stop.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't agree with those who say that the new form has ruined Mewtwo. It's an alternate form, therefore it's completely optional to use it. How that ruins Mewtwo for people, I don't understand.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really see how that would be a mess-up. Is there any particular reason you wouldn't want to see it be a Fighting type? And if it's the hope of a new type, then I sincerely hope you're wrong =x

Years
I don't really see how that would be a mess-up. Is there any particular reason you wouldn't want to see it be a Fighting type? And if it's the hope of a new type, then I sincerely hope you're wrong =x
because its not feat a fighting type, and every eeveevolution is look completly like the type, so it would be weird, and there is a better way to design a fighting type eeveelution.
about a new type-i don't really care if theres gonna be a new type or not, but if sylveon will be a new type at least it won't ruin the eeveelution concept.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years

I totally have to agree with Jake here. I would love for Eevee to have a Fighting evolution, and yes, Sylveon wouldn't look much like a fighting type pokemon, but oh well. Maybe it wouldn't be the most fitting type for Sylveon's design, but it wouldn't
be a total mess-up either.

I doubt though it's going to be a fighting type

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I mean from the design aspect, it REALLY don't look much like a Fighting type. Of course, I wouldn't mind it either, as it would still be a cool type to have. I still think Flying makes more sense to me, but who knows! Plus, karate chopping the board doesn't necessarily mean it's Fighting type (although it kind of points to it =x).

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd like to see that too. It doesn't really bare an significance in it's typing at this point as far as speculation goes, but just for a personal note I'd like to see that too. I'd still prefer Flying over Fighting, but at this point it doesn't matter that much anymore.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Smash's little antics haven't ever been used to hint towards a new Pokemon's type since Sylveon has been revealed. Everyone thought Sylveon was flying type because of the Paper Airplane event some months back. Its for fun only.

Sylveon is on there for marketing advertisement. They probably invited some children over who do the board breaking as exercises already to compete with Smash hosts just like they did with the Airplane event and the Team Plasma event where the Smash hosts had to face off against Team Plasma sometimes with children on their teams.

Its not really an allusion or hint towards anything. The events are just for show and fun.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Its not really an allusion or hint towards anything. The events are just for show and fun.

I totally agree with Xander here. With all the speculation going on, people jump on theories as soon as they see some type of "evidence". Of course Nintendo realizes this and uses it to their advantage. I guess only time will tell what type Sylveon will be

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Speaking of Sylveon, I found this supposed information from 4chan regarding it and the rumored Fairy type. I know the site should be taken with a grain of salt, but the information could be something worth discussing about Fairy types:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back