• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Pumpkin Hill was awesome lol. The scenery was unique and the song was cool also. The color of the stage was really into Halloween xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Anyone else was dissapointed to have Tails's mission done in a machine?

I know I was pretty disappointed lol. So when I was in the Chaos world with Tails I was happy I got to walk and fly around without that big machine :C

Years
Well when I first played it yes, but in hindsight (bare in mind hindsight being 20/20) I ended up enjoying these Tails segments over any other Tails segment in a modern game. (Adventure 1 suffering from slightly awkward controls, and bad mission structure, and Sonic 06 suffering from being Sonic 06. I mean really Ring Bombs.)

Years
I really disliked the machine as well, I was looking forward to flying around with Tails and cutting stuff with my tails whilst spinning on one finger. All well, it wasn't too bad but yeah. Prefer to walk around with him and fly like in Adventure 1. Just skip half the stage by cutting across.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
But I guess they had to be in par with Eggman since he can't do much running with his figure lol. And Tails being the mechanic of the group had to suffer being in a machine :P

But I gotta agree, some stage were pretty fun with the machine. Also locking on to tons of enemies and gimmicks and then firing all at once was such an awesome feeling :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, folks! (b'-')b

Aaaa we should have a song of the week or something! So many cool songs and we have enough people posting around here to vote on something like that. :P

Has anyone played Sonic Jump?
Nope, I don't have that game. The only game I have bought on mobile is Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. I bought it on a whim because Sega Blogs posted about the sale. It's an alright game, as I understand that mobile versions have their limitations.

Anyone else disappointed to have Tails's mission done in a machine?
I don't mind playing as the mech in SA2. I do miss flying around, but I also feel quite satisfied when I lock on multiple enemies and blow them up to get the bonus points. Tails will likely ditch the machine, if he ever becomes a playable character...

Which seems likely if these rumors are true!

Here is the article about a Sonic game being teased during February. Thoughts? Link

Sources close to SEGA have informed The Sonic Stadium that the publisher intends to announce/tease a new game within the Sonic the Hedgehog series next month. Sonic fans will recall that February 2nd is of course what SEGA calls 'Hedgehog Day', a day the company usually likes to tease fans about upcoming Sonic games. However, one of our sources states that the game won't be announced until mid-February, while another just says we "will hear about it from official sources next month". It's likely SEGA could tease a reveal on Hedgehog Day and make a proper announcement later in the month.

One source has shared what they allege to be details about the new game. The game's title doesn't appear to be finalized yet, but its platforms are. It will be released on Wii U, PS3, 360, 3DS, PS Vita, PC, and "Next gen" consoles. This source says anything involving these new consoles is strictly confidential to people at the top of the company, so they unfortunately don't have any information to share about those versions. As for the other versions, the source states the console, PC and PS Vita versions will be identical aside from the graphical differences, while the 3DS version will be another Sonic Rush styled game.

The source elaborates that the console version of this new game will be sticking with the recent formula seen in Sonic Unleashed (Daytime), Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations where gameplay switches between full 3D movement and 2D side-scrolling sections. Multiple routes through a stage will return, but this time you will have an incentive to play through them all. Each route in a stage will lead to one of two or three exits at the end that will each take you to a different stage. You will always end up at the same final stage, though. Our source says final stage count hasn't been decided, but the developers are trying for a least 20 diferent stages, not including boss battles.

Character wise, our source says you will begin the game with Sonic and unlock other characters to play as by completing stages. It's been made clear that this doesn't mean 20+ characters are available, though. "For example, you might unlock Knuckles in any one of three stages. Sometimes, if you already have a character that would be unlocked first, a different one may be unlocked. Altogether we're looking at about 10 different characters to play with, and no, Sonic isn't getting any new friends. All of the playable characters will be existing Sonic characters."

Our source goes on to explain that each character will have their own skills to help them progress in stages easier where others will have more difficulty or simply cannot ala Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the Sonic Advance series. One example described involves Sonic and Shadow not being able to make it up a wall, while Tails can easily fly up there or Knuckles can climb, allowing them access to an exit Sonic and Shadow can't reach. Despite that, our source assures us that stages can be replayed with any character of your choice, though.

Moving on to the 3DS version, the source says it will be "similar in idea, but smaller in scope". The developers are trying to fit all of the characters into the game, but it will feature far fewer stages. There will still be many paths through stages, but at this point, the source says it looks like every stage will only ever branch off into 2 stages.

Our source ends by telling us "All in all, the games look very promising at this point" and assures us that SEGA has their best developers working on the games and that they have been in the works since before Sonic Generations. The game should be out in stores this Fall/Autumn, or at the latest, Winter. Another source corroborates the Fall schedule and expects the game to be released around September.

We have verified our sources as best as we can, but until official confirmation is made by SEGA, we're marking this rumour for now.

Years
Welcome, folks! (b'-')b

Aaaa we should have a song of the week or something! So many cool songs and we have enough people posting around here to vote on something like that. :P

Yes.

Here is the article about a Sonic game being teased during February. Thoughts? Link

This sounds pretty beastly in concept. I just want them to take their time on it though. Make sure it's good before it's released. The last game to look good in concept...well....

it broke my heart http://youtu.be/WuGsRmEEx6s?t=7m43shttp://youtu.be/WuGsRmEEx6s?t=7m43s

(The link contains material with profanity, you've been warned)
http://youtu.be/WuGsRmEEx6s?t=7m43s

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Sonic Rush, you say?

The only reason I wanted a DS so badly way back when, was JUST to play that game! <3

Loved it to bits and pieces!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Hey gang! I'd like to join considering that I'm a closet Sonic fan haha.

Username: .EJ
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic (of course) and Vector the Crocodile

EDIT: new sonic game huh? If it's anything like Sonic Generations, I'm excited.

Years
Ugh.. Sonic Rush, that game drove me up the wall. Same as rush adventure, both weren't to bad though. Good bargain for $7

Seriously hoping it's like generations but with chao garden and multiple playable characters

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
They don't have any Chaos Garden in Sonic Rush? That's too bad =/

Say, for anyone who got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, did you ever spent most of your time taking care of your chaos or you mostly focused on the main storyline?

Back