• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Team: Team Astra (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This is an application thread for Team Astra.

This thread is to try and get myself a team of people to help me create a ROM hack that I have been meaning to create, but unfortunately have very little knowledge of what to do. The ROM hack name is 'Pokemon Day' and a counterpart, 'Pokemon Night'. Thank you if you can help and you decide to join me on my quest. Also, if these hacks exceed an expectation I have created, this group may also create a bonus third game (Like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum). The name of this bonus game is in flux, but I was thinking along the lines of 'Pokemon Eclipse'. The hacks will only be put up on PokéCommunity after certain creation milestones have been reached. It will also be put up when fully complete.

LIST OF ROLES NEEDED:
Tiler - Can create Tilesets for use of Mappers.
Spriter - Can create good-quality sprites from scratch.
TitleEditor - Edits the title screen, 'nuff said.
Scripter - Does all the scripting for the game.
PokémonCreator - Creates all the info for the Pokémon. Egg group, EXP. group, attacks, etc.
Tester - Beta tests the game so far for anything that doesn't look Pokemon enough, and for errors.
TextEditor - Edits and creates all text and dialogue in game.
MusicEditor - Creates and edits the music in the game.
[IF YOU THINK THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER ROLE, PLEASE LEAVE A REPLY TO THIS THREAD]

APPLICATION FORM:

Name: (Username to use for credits of game(s))
Skill(s): (Mapping, Scripting, Spriting, etc)
Main role:
Past experience: (What have you done before (proof is not needed, but that doesn't mean you can lie to me))
Contact Information: (E-mail or MSN only)
Time Zone: (So I know who can work when, and if I can get hold of someone)
Other: (Add anything else you feel is relevant here)

My own Application:
Name: AncientVampyr
Skill(s): Ideas, basic mapping(using A-Map)
Main role: Owner
Past Experience: Mucked around with A-Map and YAPE before, that's it.
Contact Information: [email protected], PM, VM.
Time Zone: GMT+0
Other: Nothing really...

Current Team!:
(Name) - (Role)
edwardo999/AncientVampyr - Owner
EmoAngel - Tester
Outkin - Mapper
Cosmotone8 - TrainerSpriter
pokemew12 - Designer
fatmanjumprope - Tester
mineox100 - UserbarMaker

Pending Members:
None

Current Projects!
Pokemon Day & Pokemon Night:
It is based around the primary antagonistic group (Team Astra (name is subject to change at any time)) trying to gain control of two legendary Pokemon. One controls the sun, while the other controls the moon. Said Pokemon get captured near end, world goes into chaos for a while (a few hours or so) before you release said legendaries from evil guys, and world is restored.(Story will continue from here, but the rest is optional. After you release the aforementioned legendaries, you can go on to defeat Elite Four and successfully 'complete' the game. Other stuff afterward will be bonus story, kinda llike Pokemon Black and White)
MOST POKEMON IN THIS HACK WILL BE FAKEMON! Maybe all of them, but I may include certain mascot Pokémon such as Pikachu and Eevee (plus evolutions obviously). Due to this, very few (maybe none) of the Fakémon will be an evo/pre-evo of an existing one.

Oh and before I forget, this is a hack of FireRed. Thanks for reading all of this!

Current Projects:
Pokemon Day & Pokemon Night

Last edited:
Years
Please someone join this team, I really have big hopes for this hack, but I do need people to help me. Also, if you want more info on the story/ideas then feel free to VM/PM/E-mail me.

Years
i found my way here XD

Name: pokemew12
Skill(s): mapping and creator
Main role(s): creator
Secondary role(s): mapping
Past experience: ive used every editing tool i can get mai hands on and can use most of them to there full extent, but whenever i make my own, i get bored when i cant think of anything else and pretty much quit working on that one >.>
Contact Information: [email protected] or pm on here
Time Zone: central aka CST
Other: can work between 4 and 9 pm in my time on weekdays, most any time on weekends

Last edited:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Name: Outkin
Skill(s): Mapper, Thinker, Tester
Main role(s): Mapping, automaticly checks for any bugs
Secondary role(s): Thinker
Past experience: I know my programs but I haven't done anything major. I'd show you a map I made, but being s fourm noob, I can't figure out how.
Time Zone: -7

Years
pokemew12, Outkin, welcome to the team!
So, any idea of what we do first? Well..... We all have to get a copy of FireRed at first, which I have already, and since you replied, I'm assuming you do. If you don't, PM me and I'll send you one.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
I got a good source, don't worry ;)

Theres not too much we can do mappingwise unless you want to go with the basic tiles, so I guess we think and plot at the moment. Do you have any rough ideas we could expand upon? I can think of something, but I'll need a couple guidelines at the very least.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Name: Cosmotone8
Skill(s): Spriting, though mostly for sprites of people, not so much Pokemon. Also a Thinker
Main role(s):Spriter
Secondary role(s):Thinker
Past experience: I have been doing sprites for about a year now, but have not been on any teams
Contact Information: PM me. I check that more than my e-mail anyway XD
Time Zone: Eastern
Other: Nothing really that I can think of. Feel free to ask questions

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Seems like you need some help
Whatever you need just ask i've been hacking 2-3 years now
i know a bunch of stuff like spriting, scripting, mapping, etc.
So post up whatcha need and i'l whip it up
Reason: I like to lend a helping hand
2nd Reason: I'm bored and need something to do

Sincerely
~The one and only PikakittenX

Years
Added Cosmotone8, and also one other person who is ont on PokéCommunity, into the team. Also, just to clarify, you do not actually need a Secondary Role, that's why it's secondary.

So, pokemew12 and Outkin made an excellent point, we need more stuff for the plot at the moment. Obviously there is the whole legendary stuff I said above (Which I have name ideas for them now), but that's really all I had, we need stuff like why the evil people took legendaries, what they hope to achieve, and also possibly backstory, like where you come from and that sort of stuff.

A small idea for backstory that might work:
You come from Kanto. You moved over to this region with your father when the whole Team Rocket mess started (in Red/Blue). You have lived here ever since.

I know it's not much, but we can expand when people think of more. Also:
Unknown to everyone, Giovanni moved here when defeated by the player in Red/Blue, when he said he would disband Team Rocket. And he did. In fact he has become a Gym Leader over in the new region. Maybe also a police officer?

One more thing you may have guessed from the first idea:
You live with your father instead of your mother, you haven't seen your mother for years (before you moved).

Possible expansion on above: Your moher could be the leader of the evil team in this region! :O Or she could be a Gym Leader! :O

Please say if you like, if you don't like, or if you have another idea or expansion of an idea. :D

Finally, @pikakitten, How about making some tiles for us? If you could make some tiles for cottages with thatched roofs, that would be nice, I wanted to use that for a couple of small villages :D

Years
sounds really good to me. any idea whet they can do?? cause im basically blank. my cheezey suckish ideas are: maybe they can bring the dead back to life, or open a portal to some other world that has super strong pokemon and its only mentioned in myths... idk... you people couold probably come up with better ideas than me >.>

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
I'm doing the dead plot in my hack, figures.
i'm still thinking of ideas myself, but we shouldn't spout the major stuff here, small ideas like this should be fine, but I think it would be unwise to write the whole plot down here.

Years
I agree with Outkin, we need to talk more securely about stuff like plot. We'll send PM's to each other.
Also, spread the word to people you know on PokeCommunity about joining maybe? Especially Tilers and Scripters.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
This will help a bit, check out what I got for us!
tImxy.png

Thank mineox100 for making this, surprise! :D

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Not really good at ROM Hacking, but here goes.
Name: mineox100
Skills: Thinker, Tester
Main role: Thinker (if not, Tester)
Secondary role: Flavor Text Editor (if not, attack editor(if not, Mapper))
Past experience: Used a lot of Hacking tools, especially A-Map and Yape.
Contact Information: PM and sometimes VM. Don't like checking Gmail...
Time Zone: UTC -5
Other: Nothing here.

Years
Thank for the PM Cosmotone, I liked the idea for the father.
Also, before mineox100 gets added to the list, can someone tell me what Flavor Text is? Am I just being dumb?
And another dumb thing: How do I add our banner into my sig?

Last edited:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
I don't know about the flavor text, but all I did was copy/paste into my sig. Right (or control) click copy, sig, right click (Or control) paste, Mineox, do you have a copy of pokemon firered on your computer?

Years
@Outkin, is there anyway to create skyscrapers using the standard tiles?
EDIT: Just remembered Saffron City skyscrapers, lol at me xD
Could you possibly create a city larger than Saffron surrounded by skyscrapers as the outer edges, and the only way in is through a 4 step wide gap in the top-right corner? The gap would be touching the right side. Leave the inside blank for now, I will explain the rest through PM another time, for now, I have to be off to bed, bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back