• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, unless she has four (which is unlikely considering the most anyone has so far is three) then that Emolga is long gone, due to only on Emolga/Zebstrika being in the anime trailerrrr.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Hopefully she'll have something that we wouldn't expect her to have. Eelektross maybe? There really is a lack of new Electric types this generation, so there couldn't be but so many possibilities.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Again, that'd mean four Pokemon. :( Unless it was a last-minute removal of Emolga, possibly, I do doubt it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Here's to hoping that she doesn't have more than one Emolga and the Volt Switch combo. xD

Flaaffy can learn Volt Switch too though. So the combo is still there XD.

And I have a feeling she'll only have 3 since the games are going in roughly the same order making her fourth with Shizui possibly being after her she'd have three as well.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Unless they do what they did with Platinum to increase Flints teams and give him more of his actual type, unless they plan on keeping this strictly Unova once again. T_T

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ooh I like her new gym, looks nice. Not a fan of her having Flaafy though, when you consider her other two Pokemon seem kinda stronger than that. :(

Of course, it kinda fits her imo. She's this sexy model, Flaffy is this cute and adorable Pokemon that's a little fancy itself.
But again, I'ma fan of anything pink, so she gets points from me for having it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A flaffy, well that explains the fluffy coat xD
Well I'm glad to see that flaffy's being used for a gym, the fact that it's not an Ampharos most likely means she's battled pretty early on, most likely still fourth as mentioned before.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well she already had the cute quota filled at Emolga! Flaaffy wasn't necessary, but will probably evolve @ rematches.

Years
I seriously don't think Flaffy is that horrible of a Pokemon...perhaps it has strong moves to compensate for it's stats, moves such as thunder, thunder wave, rain, and volt switch.

blue

gucci
Years
So Elesa has a Flaaffy, it shows that they're not just using Unova exclusive Pokémon anymore and may be liable to a larger team. Assuming rematches are in place then we'll also be seeing an Ampharos on her team possibly?

Years
Well, she could have a(n) Voltorb/Electrode for flashy effects... Her Volt Switch combo could work pretty well with a(n) Voltorb/Electrode. Just imagine the destruction-
You are down to your last Pokemon...
"Flaafy used Volt Switch"
"The foe's Flaafy went back to Elesa!"
"Elesa sent out Electrode"
Your Pokemon attacks.
Electrode used Self Destruct!
You blacked out...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
See, if we have remarries I wonder if Cheren will have a Delcatty or a Lopunny, if at all! I could see him with a Snorlax. Elesa doesn't seem like she would be the one to have an Electrode, and I think Zebstrika is probably still her best Pokemon.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I think rematched Cheren will have a mixed team like he did in BW.

He doesn't have a Gym and seems to be helping Lenora out. Also, this will explain his weaker Pokemon, he wants learn that strength isn't everything.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
See, if we have remarries I wonder if Cheren will have a Delcatty or a Lopunny, if at all! I could see him with a Snorlax. Elesa doesn't seem like she would be the one to have an Electrode, and I think Zebstrika is probably still her best Pokemon.
Not to mention that Electrode is a terrible Pokemon with an awful attack stat anyway. Even if it Elesa did use a Volt Switch/Selfdestruct combo, any Pokemon with a decent defense stat could easily take both hits.

And yeah, if Cheren retains his ideal for strength, I could definitely see him using a Snorlax or possibly even a Slaking.

Years
Perhaps Cheren will receive the signature Pokemon of previous gym leaders for his rematch team: Milktank, Slacking, and Watchog
He could also have Sawbuck amd Snorlax (as mentioned by others)

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Don't you remember? He's the new Normal type Gym Leader so I doubt that he'll be mixed unless the Pokemon are half Normal/half whatever.

Yes but he doesn't have a Gym. For all we know, post-game Nacrene will be unfrozen and Lenora can resume her duties as Normal Gym Leader. Cheren can then continue his journey or whatever with the Pokemon he had form BW.

I just don't see him sticking with Normal Pokemon.

Years
Well if Lenora gets her job back than the Trio might as well get theirs too...
I see Cheren sticking to normal types actually, he has that type of plain look to him...

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Elesa's Gym as part of the new scans:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back