• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My activity should start picking up tomorrow. I apologize for my slow posting! :)

I don't know what has happened to Kilik & Jack's battle. But anyway, I'm afraid I have to leave this RP. My parents have been restricting me from the internet, I haven't been able to get on for 2 weeks. I hope when I come back I'll still be able to join the Entei Dorm.

Jack kinda bunny'd you a bit and had Kilik "stopped the battle because it's too tough".

But anyways, I'm sad to hear about that. We didn't get to interact more than anticipated, but it was nice though! I hope you return soon! :3

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Just out of curiosity have there been any level boosts recently for low level Pokemon? I remember once if your pokemon was like lower than 14 or something you got a level boost of like 3 or 4 or something.

Yes sir! Considering the circumstances, feel free to add 5 levels to any of your pokemon that were level 20 or below when you returned to the RP. :P I won't screw you by saying 20 or under right now, since that wouldn't be fair on my part.

Wild pokemon are now level 20 upon being caught and starter pokemon for students are at 25.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Alright thank you for letting me know and I'm currently updating my teams and if you're confused by their levels check my sig I kept track of them in their just in case I forgot to update.

AtemAndrew

Pokemon Expert
Years
*sighs* Ugh... curse you summer school. Ah well, I'll be posting as much as possible during the afternoons then, so sorry for any slightly late posts.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Alright here's my shot at a teacher char please let me know if I have to fix anything.

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Gene Kitoshi

Nickname (Optional): Primo (Boss name), X

Age (18+): 24

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Job(What subject do they teach? Battle Theory, Breeding 101, etc): Advance Battle Training/Tactics and Relationship. To sum up his class it's teaching students how to handle the most intense battles and training and having a perfect bond with your Pokémon to stand calm, cool and collected in any situation. He also teaches intense training that makes one prepared for such. Gene's other job is to protect the island from things such as rampaging Pokémon to anyone who might be up to no good.

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Spoiler:

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Gene isn't a extremely difficult guy to approach, befriend and start a conversation with. He's quite friendly and doesn't mind having a chat with someone every once and a while. Gene enjoys helping others out if they need help and often will stick his nose in other's business if he finds it necessary. He loves to have fun and crack jokes every once in a while, he also likes to keep up a mysterious side so others don't ever get to know Gene that much. Gene keeps plenty of secrets and doesn't like to talk about the past much.

Gene is extremely connected to his Pokémon and treats them like family, do not under any circumstances try and provoke Gene or his Pokémon it won't end well. His Pokémon have such a good connection he sometimes doesn't have to say a command out loud they know what Gene wants them to do. Gene has a hard time opening up to people really and keeps at an emotional distance mainly not to get himself hurt, though at times he likes to flirt. At the surface he's very confident and romantic and loves to see people smiling. When it comes to teaching and his job he takes both quite seriously. He likes to get his students involved and participate during class. Gene hates those who can't follow the rules and is real strict on the rules. He loves competition and getting stronger and very stubborn when it comes to giving up and accepting defeat. At times though he can be a bit loopy and a bit naive and seem a bit off at times but he's still all there in the head.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What was he/she was doing before he/she got a job at trainer school? Why did they decide to go to the trainer school? How did they meet their pokemon? Etcetera): Gene was born in Saffron City, Kanto, life there wasn't all that grand for Gene. He mostly played outside like normal kids but he didn't know his father and his mother wasn't much around. The only person to look after him was a nice elderly lady that he called Gran. At a young age Gene wanted to become the best Pokémon trainer ever and was determined to do whatever it took to acquire that dream. After he had received his first Pokémon and pokedex from Professor Oak after hours of begging Gran to take him all the way to Pallet Town, he set off on his journey to conquer the Indigo League.
It was a long and hard journey for the boy but he eventually earned all the badges of the Kanto Region. He was going to go challenge the Elite Four but he heard that a trainer once collected all 16 badges from both the Kanto and Johto region. His plan was to collect all 16 badges before he decided to face the Elite Four. Before he could do anything his mother had caught up to him, Gene hadn't told his mother about him leaving on a journey or Gran even taking him to Pallet Town. That entire time she thought her son was kidnapped by a crazy old lady who would babysit him. She demanded that Gene come back home and end his silly dream of becoming the greatest Pokémon trainer. Gene never had a good history with his mother all they ever did was argue which usually ended in Gene running away for a bit, because of that he decided not to listen to his mother and continue on his journey. His mother tried a couple of times before Gene had told her this is what he wanted and was his destiny. After this stalling of his journey Gene sped up his quest to conquer the Indigo league.
Once he had all 16 badges he challenged the Indigo League and won becoming the Champion. He quickly gave up this title saying that it would be too much of a bother to him and someone better than him deserved it. After conquering the Indigo League he decided to conquer all the other leagues. As he went to Hoenn he had an interesting run in with Team Aqua, they tried to steal his Pokémon but Gene easily defeated them. This sparked an idea in his head to create his own team but one that stood for good and justice and stopped the other teams from doing any harm. He would execute this plan after he beat the Hoenn league, this time around he decided to start with an all new Pokémon team and conquer the league instead of using his already over powered Pokémon.
By the time he was 16 after leaving home at 10 Gene had conquered both the Indigo and Hoenn League making a name for himself as X. Before trying to go to the Sinnoh region Gene started gathering himself some followers with the same ideals he had making the team Vongola. They were meant for peace and justice but things went awry, more and more people kept joining and even those not even in Vongola started to commit crimes under their name. Gene had to get out his once peaceful team that had made a name for themselves for being peaceful was now tarnished by the stupid acts of others. His name was Primo in the Vongola no one knew his real name and most people don't know his real name now. Whenever that name is brought up he is concerned he'll be blamed for some of the terrible stuff the Vongola has done. Gene moved on to conquer the Sinnoh and Unova League using new teams and giving up the title of Champion every time.
He eventually got bored of it all after he conquered all the leagues, he went to challenge the Battle Frontier and won that. Gene grew to want more of his life to correct the wrong that he did with the Vongola which isn't all public knowledge. He wanted a purpose in life now that his dream of becoming a master was pretty much achieved, though there were those out there he hadn't faced yet Gene decided that becoming a teacher at this academy would be the best thing. Using some of his connection he got a job there as a teacher and the protector of the island if anything wrong to happen.

Pokémon (Maximum of 5. No legendaries or 'shiny' pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

625.png

Species: Bisharp
Nickname(Optional): Red Alert (M)
Personality: Red Alert is a cold Pokémon, he doesn't care much for others only Gene. When it comes to battling Red Alert is possibly Gene's best, he is quick, strong and mercifulless. Red Alert is extrememly loyal to Gene and it is hard to get this Pokémon to listen to you even if Gene tells him to listen. Red Alert doesn't like Gene's careless side but still follows his trainer no matter what.
Lvl(Max 50): 50
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Brick Break, Iron Defense, Sword Dance, Iron Head, Night Slash, Metal Claw

373.png

Species: Salamence
Nickname(Optional): Vyer (M)
Personality: Vyer is a proud Salamence, he believes he is stronger than anyone else and often gets into fights with Gene's other Pokémon. He can sometimes get in over his head but other than that he listens to Gene with no problem.
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Outrage, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Dragon Dance

059.png

Species: Arcanine
Nickname(Optional): Burner (M)
Personality: Burner is a happy-go lucky Arcanine who loves to play and fight. He is extremely loyal to Gene just like his other Pokémon. Burner is Gene's most stubborn Pokémon when it comes to giving up second to Red Alert only.
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Fire Blast, Hidden Power (Grass)

009.png

Species: Blastoise
Nickname(Optional): Shellblaster
Personality: Shellblasters is a very relaxed Pokémon, he's not too lazy and not too crazy either. He's quite loyal to Gene like most of his Pokémon and is probably one of more important members on the team as he is the wall. Shellblaster is very proud of his pride and loves to show off every one in a while
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Iron defense, Protect, Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon, Ice Beam, Rain Dance

135.png

Species: Jolteon
Nickname(Optional): Volt (F)
Personality: Volt is the caring one of the group and probably the most well rounded. She's not as cold as Red Alert, not as arrogant as Vyer, not to happy-go lucky as Burner and not as lax as Shellblaster. She's a well wounded Volt and is one of Gene's stronger Pokémon being fast and strong.
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Agility, Hidden Power (Ice), Thunder Bolt, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Shadow Ball

Last edited:

theking6

Water Types!! :D
Years
Name: Bridger Hoyt

Sex: Male

Dorm: Entei Dorm

Appearance:
pokemon_trainer_by_yoshi_cloud-d3h8woz.jpg

Personality: Bridger is a shy boy who doesn't have to many friends, but the friends he does have he is very close to. He is very self conscious about the way he dresses, and tries his best to look 'cool'. He doesn't talk to many people because of his fear of losing people. His mother died when he was four, and his father is always away training his Pokemon. When he was 10, his best friend moved to Unova. He does have a few close friends though but sometimes loses hours of sleep worrying about them leaving. When people do walk up and talk to him though, he will reply quietly and avoid conversating for to long. Though he is very shy, he is fierce when it comes to training Pokemon. His Totodile, a gift from his mother, has been with him since he was 3 years old, and they spend every waking moment together. He was known very well in his town for his skills as a Pokemon trainer, and people would often challenge him and fail in battle.

History: Bridger grew up in Olivine City, Johto with his closest friends Jasmine and Sam. They were as close as three friends could be. He lived with his dad since his mom passed away when he was 4, but his dad is rarely at home so he spent most of his time hanging at his friend Sams house. He also had many training sessions with Jasmine when she had only an Onix, and he would usually win considering the type differences. By the time they were 10, Jasmine had a Steelix, but still couldn't beat Bridger. He had a very good rep in town as the strongest trainer, and was even offered a job as the gym leader. He rejected the offer, and instead suggested that Jasmine get the job. She got it, and trained two Magnemite to help her battle. Jasmine was spending most of her time at the gym while Bridger and Sam were hanging out. They missed their friend terribly and it always felt like there was something missing. Then one day, Sams mother said that they were moving to Unova, and Bridger was devastated. He had lost Sam, his mom, and his dad and Jasmine were never around anymore. When he heard the news about Sam, he had a breakdown, and had to see a therapist until he was 12. He caught a Pichu during his time in therapy, and it quickly evolved into a Pikachu. His reputation as best trainer kept up, and eventually he received a letter from the Pokemon Trainer Academy saying they would like him to train with them. By that time he was 14, and fending for himself at home. He talked to his dad about it when he finally came home, and his dad had never been so proud of him. He said he should take up the offer. It could lead to many great things for him. So within the next month, Bridger was off to the academy, and that is where our story begins..

Pokemon:
Species: Totodile:t158: (Toto)
Personality: Energetic and playful around Bridger, but quiet and controlled around other people. Scared around people he has never met before due to the fact that he was abused by his former trainer and doesn't trust anybody he doesn't know.
Aqua Jet
Ice Fang
Bite
Hydro Pump (Rarely used because he doesn't know it very well and often messes up.)
Rage
Fake Tears

Species: Pikachu:t025: (Spark)
Personality: Very enthusiastic and willing to take up any challenge that comes in his way. Unlike his trainer, he is very outgoing and can sometimes be a show-off.
Lvl: 19
Moves:
Electro Ball
Dig
Grass Knot
Volt Tackle
Thunder Wave
Tail Whip

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
o.o Im finally back, what'd i miss Yellow.

Name: James Storeson

Nickname: Jay

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance : I can't post links yet, so I pm'ed you his Trainer sprite in hopes that you can edit it into the post.

Personality: Jay is normally shy around people he doesn't know that well, once he talks to somebody a few times he is not as shy around them then he was before, just being near them can help him meet new people. He has no problems with adults when it comes to shyness though. When battling Jay takes it as though his own life was on the line, he hates losing a battle to another trainer, but loves his pokemon so he never abandons or punishes them for losing like some trainers *cough cough* Damien *cough*. Jay often protects wild pokemon from harm, he also is extremely loyal to his pokemon and friends. From growing up in Saffron City Jay belives that he has some sort of psychic power, even though he dosen't.

History: Jay grew up in Kanto, Saffron city to be more exact. His parents were extremely against him leaving the city to go pick a starter pokemon from Professor Oak, eventually the Saffron gym leader Sabrina found out that one of the pokemon loving citizens in her town wasn't able to get his own pokemon, so she brought him his first ever pokemon a Gastly. Jay learned almost immediately that his Gastly, which he named Nightmare since it was a ghost, was a huge prankster. It would often pop up in places to scare Jay and his parents, Nightmare absolutely loved that he could fly through walls, once he learned he could also fly through people he spent a lot of time doing it to scare trainers. Even though he had a pokemon his parents still refused to let him leave on an adventure. Jay would often sneak away from the house to train with his Gastly. But one lucky day Jay was accepted into the Pokemon Trainer Academy, his father still wouldn't let him leave, but later that night of all people the town's Gym leader and his idol Sabrina woke Jay up and handed him some money and a few pokeballs and told him to go ahead and go to the academy. Before Jay actually made it to the Academy he came across two pokemon that he caught, a Vaporeon and a Scyther. He found Vaporeon being attacked by a pack of Scyther, instead of fighting them off Nightmare simply put them to sleep with Hypnosis, the Vaporeon ran onto Jay's shoulder trying to tell him that he wanted to go with Jay. Jay accepted the Vaporeon and started to walk away when he noticed an injured Scyther lying close to the sleeping pack, it seemed that the Scyther refused to attack the Vaporeon so they attacked her also. JAy put the Scyther in a pokeball then ran to a Center to get it some help before continuing to the Academy.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Haunter (Male)
Nickname: Luce
Personality: The best word to describe Hauntwe is Lokie, Luce is a huge prankster and very hyper-active, his favorite prank is to fly through people.
Lvl:25
Moves: Hypnosis
Curse
Shadow ball
dream eater
Sucker Punch
Toxic

Species: Umbreon
Nickname: Ricki (Female)
Personality: Ricki is extremely shy, if confronted by another trainer or pokemon (outside of battle) more than likely it'll hide in the closest shadow.
Lvl: 20
Moves:
Bite
Faint Attack
Dark Pulse
Wish
Tackle
Shadow Ball

Species: Happiny (Female)
Nickname:Hope
Personality: Friendly, will run up to other pokemon and trainers hoping to befriend them.
Lvl: 10
Moves:
Pound
Charm
Refresh
Round
Shadow ball

Gonna re post my app to see if theres any changes that happened to the app while ive been gone?

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@HunterZero, TheKing6, and j102ede: You're all accepted. Congratulations! You may all feel free to start using your new characters as you wish.

@j102ede: Team rocket invaded the island with spies. ;o

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
@HunterZero, TheKing6, and j102ede: You're all accepted. Congratulations! You may all feel free to start using your new characters as you wish.

@j102ede: Team rocket invaded the island with spies. ;o

D'aaaw all the good stuff happens when i disappear D:

Dawn

Years
@j102ede: It's still going on. |P It's possible to encounter rocket spies now, basically~

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
Hey, all. I would first like to apologize for my slow posting and otherwise lack of activity. Unfortunately, an issue has arisen with paperwork I had submitted to ensure and continue my grandfather's medical housing. So, it seems I have to re-submit it once again and possibly attend court hearings over the matter.

It was a matter I thought that I had settled and I really did not expect it to surface like this, and as a result my free and spare time is all but gone taking care of the matter. So, I'm afraid that I highly doubt I'll be active until this is all sorted out.

I apologize for the abrupt departure so soon after joining, but it was very enjoyable to read all of your wonderful posts, and I hope you will have me back someday. Thank you to everyone who made me feel very welcome, especially you Lincoln.

I wish you all the best and hope you continue this interesting and intriguing RP as it grows even larger. Stay gold.

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
Name:Cail
Dorm: Suicune
Details:Born in Golden Rod,Jhoto. His parents were murdured by Team Rocket at age eight. He had to flee on his own to Hearthome, Sinnoh on foot. Now he lives with his grandmother and its been 5 years since Red's journey through Kanto.
Clothing: Black T-shirt, black long leather coat and jeans. black and white gloves w/ no fingers(they go to the knuckle) and finally, white hair and icey blue eyes that remind you of death.
Pokemon:
Duskull(male)
Umbreon(male)
Espeon(female)
Bannete(male)
Gengar(male)
Honchkrow (female)

yeah i sorta joined in randomly... i didnt know a sign up waz involved XDXD

Last edited:

Lila.

Banned
Years
I'm new to roleplaying and I've always found it so fascinating. I was roleplaying with my friend the other day and he pulled this move.

charcoal attacks shelly with a powerful gust, but shelly withdraws into her protective shell and only takes 1/2 damage. an excellent move by her trainer and wonderfully displayed by the pokemon - if this was a contest it would go down as a high grade. shelly uses teleport to dodge charcoal's flying foot and is able to appear behind charcoal and mach punch. the punch in the ribs has winded charcoal and he has -2 speed for the next 2 turns.

end of turn 1:

shelly 40/45
charcoal 36/45 -2 spe

ok charcoal use protect to scout and give you time to recover! now fire off a powerful firespin into shelly's mouth to burn her tongue. after you have done that, dig a hole!

I was REALLY confused on what to do after that. Can someone help!

Dawn

Years
@igotpokeballz: So like, there's totally an SU template on the first page of the OOC here. You've gotta use that, and there are a couple of quality control limitations you'll need to follow (mainly, personality and history sections must be a certain minimum length.)

@Lila: Well hello there! Welcome to my roleplay's OOC page. ^^; I can see you're new to PC. When you want to ask a question about RP, you may want to post it in the Roleplay Discussion thread in the future. You can find that thread stickied on the main roleplay corner board. (You're currently in the Roleplay Lounge sub-board.)

Regardless, many RPs don't use that sort of battling format. |P Off the top of my head, I'd suggest just... taking the fire spin because a powerful fire spin is still an extremely weak attack that couldn't even burn a grass pokemon. It has other uses, though, mainly stragetic ones. I might recommend the move Razor Shell, because Shelder is significantly more physically strong than it is specially strong. That, or wait until the fire pokemon returns to the surface and hit it with an avalanche attack. I don't know.

Welcome to the forum by the way! You can feel free to take this conversation to VMs if you'd like. |P

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
Okay, here I put so much work into this one...
Name: Cail Frost Age:13 Sex: Male Dorm: Suicune
Description: (check my trainer card in signature.)
Personality: Cail is a very quiet person, but can be very socially active if you say hi or start a conversation with him. He is kind to the ones that are fair to him and will accept you for who you are. He hates people who are careless and throw more important things away. Cail is very fascinated with the Piano and doesn't really enjoy rap or any genre of rock music. He loves art as a way to express emotion. He will draw many things with angles in them and admire them for hours on end. He can eat anything but prefers fresh foods from the garden such as celery or tomatoes. Cail always finds free time as a time to pause and reflect on his day, so if you ever ran into Cail, please sit and enjoy the silence. Cail's favorite color would have to be blue and green. These two colors he enjoys because they resemble peace to him and he loves the silence like I told you earlier.
History:Cail grew up in Goldenrod, Jhoto. He had a wonder life and loved to spend time with his mother and father. At the age of ten, he decided to go get a pokemon trainer's license. At age eleven, he graduated with straight A's on his tests and finals. Cail's parents were very proud of him for being so intellegent in the field of being a pokemon trainer. On his twelfth birthday, his house was bombed by Team Rocket at ten fortyfive PM, this ruined his entire life, forever. two months later, an elite four member from Hoenn named Phoebe found him on her vacation in the streets. Phoebe adopted Cail as her own and trained him to be a ghost type master. That is when Phoebe found his potential and asked Prof.Oak to leave a space in Suicune Dorm open for Cail. To assist him, Phoebe gave him the pokemon he trained with as a gift.
Pokemon: Duskull Lv.18 Gender: Male
Moves: Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Night Shade, Curse
Personality: Duskull is a chatty pokemon, who never had problems in life but understands his trainer emotionally. Duskull can be clever when having a social conflict, but does great in battle! Duskull cannot stand people who are snobby or rude and tend to eat those people's "good" dreams so they have nightmares. Duskull loves Sour/Dry poffins that Cail can make and will never leave a crumb! Duskull also adores piano music and seems to hum a low drone to it. Finally, if Duskull, could do anything, it would be to bring back Cail's parents to make his trainer feel better

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
That's the third person who's dropped out while I've been RPing with them. This is a very worrying trend.

Bit lost for what to do with my characters now...

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Well Lincoln, my character Skye is currently chilling on the path to Oak Town by himself since Nideous is going to be gone for a while. You can flag him down if you'd like. :) His Larvesta just calmed down from being a hyper crazy. :P

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
I'm up for interacting with any of your characters, Lincoln. I'm working on a post right now, but feel free to approach my character Oscar after that. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back