• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Shiny

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
A shiny Goldeen just outside in Mt. Mortar in Silver. I'm not sure I was aware of shiny Pokemon, but I knew that Goldeen had something special about it. Since most people in this thread caught their first shiny in Gen. III or later, then I guess I was lucky.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I can't remember if I found one when I played Gold because it was long ago, but I remember my first shiny in Ruby, and it was a Magnemite found in New Mauville.

Spr_3r_081_s.png

Last edited:

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
I still haven't caught a shiny yet but I did see a Shiny Latios after finishing emerald. Too bad I had already used my master ball. Is finding a Shiny merely chance or is there something special to do to find them?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
I still haven't caught a shiny yet but I did see a Shiny Latios after finishing emerald. Too bad I had already used my master ball. Is finding a Shiny merely chance or is there something special to do to find them?

Per chance. There is a 1/8192 chance that a wild Pokemon will be shiny. But it's not completely random, as there is no method of creating a real random number generator. This can be exploited to find shiny Pokemon, but their legitimacy is highly debated.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
quite annoying story actually

it was a shiny starly in the marsh area safari zone in pearl.
It appeared the game decided to crash on me.

Sirfetch’d

Has anyone ever tried to get a shiny starter?

I think that the GSC games gave some shiny starters via event in NYC but I have never had a legit shiny starter. I obtained a shiny emboar through the GTS but I don't count it because it is obviously fake. It has perfect ivs and everything.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I knew what shinies were in gen III, but I never owned a shiny until Diamond where I got a shiny bellossom from the GTS. I did get some shiny oddishes using the musuda method.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I've had three. First was a Dragonite that I bought from the Game Corner in Pokemon LeafGreen. Second was a Wailmer in Pokemon Ruby. Third (and my favorite) was a Mankey, which I caught in FireRed, and when I tried to get it to Pokemon Platinum, it said I had no game, and my save was deleted. I dont have any of them anymore (I lost all the games on an airplane)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I've had a volley of shiny Zubat in my time, and I think my first one was a Zubat. The earliest I can remember was in Silver inside Slowpoke cave. Interestingly enough, in SoulSilver I also ran into a shiny Zubat within Slowpoke cave. The nostalgia hit me like a train.

That was actually before I had caught the Lake of Rage Gyarados. The Zubat was in my second playthrough, and on the first I had slain the Red Gyarados.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
My first shiny was a Staryu, back in LG. It was the most frequently used Pokemon at that time, because I just caught an odd coloured Pokemon. Levelled it up to 60 in a couple of weeks and traded it to my Ruby. And then I traded it back to LG. But for some odd reason, my LG's save file got corrupted. I was obviously dismayed.

Mentalii

Back
Years
The first shiny I encountered was a shiny Poochyena, in my Emerald version. I didn't expect it at all, and was just training my Pokémon, so it was a very good surprise. Unfortunately, as I was trying to weaken it, it used "Roar"... It was the disillusion. I never saw any other shiny since that moment.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
Years
my first shiny ever other than red garydos was a green sandshrew and i was so hyped but the charger finished before i could save -_-
my only other shiny other than re garydos is an orange temple and I'm loving my orange seismitode since orange is my second fave color ^^ (turquoise is my fave)

i like cinnamon :)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
The first and only shiny I have ever encountered was a shiny Geodude in a cave. I caught her and named her Tiara or something lol. It was in Diamond, and I deleted the file long ago.

Years
I have a question:
Has anyone ever tried to get a shiny starter?
I didnt try to but i did get one. i got leaf green on the side of the road, and it didnt always work right on my ds. anyway, i played through it a few times, and never ran into a shiny. then my sister erased my file and i was mad. i resarted and chose charmander, and lo and behold, my first shiny! unfortunately my game chose that instant to be retarded and froze on me. never ran into a shiny since, and i have been playing since blue first came out.

Back