• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WormLight: the most awesome thing ever!

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
Does anyone remember playing pokemon BEFORE gameboy advance SP came out? When all the screens were dark, and you had to play during the day or in a bight room or with a flashlight lol? Then some company made the light called WORMLIGHT and it looked SO COOL with its clear plastic and spiral wire and alien mothership looking light pod, and it didnt take batteries and it was just... the best! I must have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing pokemon with my little green wormlight lighting the screen :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I had two of them, and sadly, neither of them are in my game drawer. Makes me mad, cause I like to hold on to things like that. Either way though, this was around for all GBA games and not just RSE/FRLG. Off to Video Gaming it goes!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I had a lighting device but it wasn't this WormLight. I'd play Crystal until midnight. By the way, its apparent disuse of batteries is due to it drawing power directly from the Gameboy's link cable adapter, causing the Gameboy's own batteries to drain faster anyway.

I also recall altering the contrast of my Gameboy Pocket when it was bright enough to see but too dim to do so comfortably.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I had a light for my Game Boy Color that was both a magnifier and a light. Which wasn't great because the magnifying glass made everything warped, but I couldn't use the light on its own.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I remember owning one of those things for my old Gameboy. It was my best friend. xD Though that was when I was...9 or 10 when I owned a gameboy of my own and who knows what happened to that light. It made 2 am playtimes woooooorth it. xD

Back