• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Team?

Years
This thread is for you to tell everyone about you favorite Pokemon teams, be it a team you have used or just a team a trainer from the game or anime uses. I want to hear all of your favorite teams! I have four Teams I have used in the Fire Red/Leaf Green games that worked out great for me!

1. Bug/Bug-like: Pinsir, Scyther, Butterfree, Beedrill, Venomoth(later traded out for Heracross), and Parasect(later traded out for Kabutops)

2. Dragon/Dragon-like: Charizard, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, Dragonite, and Seadra(later evolved to Kingdra) (later added Tyranitar)

3. Ash Ketchum(sort of): Charizard, Pikachu, Lapras, Snorlax, Tauros, and Jigglypuff(technically not actually his Pokemon but followed him around enough in the first season to be called his)(Jigglypuff will also be replaced by Heracross at some point)

4. Safari Zone: Chansey, Scyther, Pinsir, Tauros, Kangaskhan, and Dragonite(technically not only in Safari Zone because of the Game Corner, but it can only actually be CAUGHT in the Safari Zone as Dratini)

My Bug and Dragon teams are more for show than actual battle. I use my Ash and Safari teams for battles because of the type diversity.

(Moderators, feel free to move this if this isnt where it belongs)

Last edited:
Years
I have a few....

Steel Team - Metagross, Aggron, Lucario, Cobalion, Magneton and in the near future Honedge will join these ranks (Gen VI)

Brawling Team - Machamp, Lucario, Medicham, Hitmonlee and Primape

Best Competitive Team - Roselia, Lucario, Metagross, Gengar and Charizard

Current In-game Team (Emerald) - Dusclops, Blaziken, Shiny Breloom, Machamp and Alakazam

Years
I have a few....

Steel Team - Metagross, Aggron, Lucario, Cobalion, Magneton and in the near future Honedge will join these ranks (Gen VI)

Brawling Team - Machamp, Lucario, Medicham, Hitmonlee and Primape

Best Competitive Team - Roselia, Lucario, Metagross, Gengar and Charizard

Current In-game Team (Emerald) - Dusclops, Blaziken, Shiny Breloom, Machamp and Alakazam

shiny Breloom? very nice. youre competitive team is great! it doesnt get much more diverse that that

Years
shiny Breloom? very nice. youre competitive team is great! it doesnt get much more diverse that that

I love my shiny Breloom <3 crazy speed. Yeah my competitive team took a while to perfect. Metagross is the best tank! I'm thinking about dropping Gengar and using a Dusknoir instead... Can't decide. Any thoughts on that?

Years
i personally like First through Third Gen more than the rest so id say Dusclops haha but thats sounds like a good switch if you are going to drop Gengar. although Gengar has a wider variety of move types

Years
Im a Gen III fan too! But my competitive battling team is in my Black 2 so i can take advantage of later evolutions if I want to. But I don't really get too crazy about competitive battling, it's just a bit of a challenge every now and then :)

My Gengar has a pretty good moveset: Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb.

And since Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb are both STAB i can'te really think of anything better. It's like a cross between an annoyer and a Special sweeper. But i was looking at Dusclops' movepool and it is nowhere near as good, but it has more power. So I don't know what i should do... (Gengar often gets KO'd pretty quick)

Years
Im a Gen III fan too! But my competitive battling team is in my Black 2 so i can take advantage of later evolutions if I want to. But I don't really get too crazy about competitive battling, it's just a bit of a challenge every now and then :)

My Gengar has a pretty good moveset: Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb.

And since Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb are both STAB i can'te really think of anything better. It's like a cross between an annoyer and a Special sweeper. But i was looking at Dusclops' movepool and it is nowhere near as good, but it has more power. So I don't know what i should do... (Gengar often gets KO'd pretty quick)

if youre willing to spend, you could always buy things like Iron and Calcium. otherwise, id replace Hypnosis or Confuse Ray with a Defence raising move

Years
I have already used all of Gengar's EVs so the Iron and Calcium won't help. And I'm not sure that Gengar can learn any of the moves that raise defence...

But I think I will porbably keep him anyway. Dusknoir doesnt get STAB from Poison-type moves and Gengar does, which is a major advantage.

I was just looking at you Ash's team, and I was wondering why you only have 5 Pokemon in there? I can see that it is a Gen I team, so why not add some of Ash's other first gen Pokemon? Like Squirtle or Pidgeot?

Years
I have already used all of Gengar's EVs so the Iron and Calcium won't help. And I'm not sure that Gengar can learn any of the moves that raise defence...

But I think I will porbably keep him anyway. Dusknoir doesnt get STAB from Poison-type moves and Gengar does, which is a major advantage.

I was just looking at you Ash's team, and I was wondering why you only have 5 Pokemon in there? I can see that it is a Gen I team, so why not add some of Ash's other first gen Pokemon? Like Squirtle or Pidgeot?

i wanted to use his more unique Pokemon or were really important. Pikachu is obviously important. Charizard was always Ashs strongest pokemon. Lapras was the main reason Ash was able to get around the Orange Islands. Snorlax is unique. and Jigglypuff... well technically not his, but she was the only reason Ash was able to catch Snorlax. Im thinking i may add Tauros since it is Safari Zone only.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Moving this to Pokémon Voting Polls for now.

-moved

Years
Im thinking i may add Tauros since it is Safari Zone only.

That's an excellent Pokemon... But with Snorlax already in the team, you have got a pretty powerful normal-type... You could use Ash's Muk... Although it didn't play much of a part really.

But there are still Bulbasaur and Squirtle but you can't really have one without the other.
Yeah you're probably right. Tauros is probably the best choice in this situation...

Years
That's an excellent Pokemon... But with Snorlax already in the team, you have got a pretty powerful normal-type... You could use Ash's Muk... Although it didn't play much of a part really.

But there are still Bulbasaur and Squirtle but you can't really have one without the other.
Yeah you're probably right. Tauros is probably the best choice in this situation...

i could go with Kingler i suppose since i am lacking a water type. he is a big reason Ash made it to the top 16 in the Kanto Pokemon League. but then again, i guess you could say the same thing about Muk. hmmmm decisions decisions haha

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Mine Hopefully Future Team .. B2 ( with help of pokedit if it works for me )
Shiny Typhlosion, Heracross, Honchcrow, Espeon, shiny Haxorus, Milotic

Years
ahahah maybe it's best to just leave it as it is? It's already a pretty well-rounded team. Besides you have Lapras for water-type advantages.

i guess if i went with Muk, i could cover poison as well. also, i could always replace whatever one i choose with Heracross once i beat the Elite Four in Fire Red. Probably, ill replace Jigglypuff since Snorlax has Normal covered already. Plus Yawn is more accurate than Sing which make Snorlax good for catching Pokemon. Besides Heracross and the starters, do you know what other Second Gen Pokemon Ash gets?

Mine Hopefully Future Team .. B2 ( with help of pokedit if it works for me )
Shiny Typhlosion, Heracross, Honchcrow, Espeon, shiny Haxorus, Milotic

That is actually a really good line-up. It covers A LOT of types, as well as the fact that they have really good potential to have great stats.

Last edited:
Years
ahahah maybe it's best to just leave it as it is? It's already a pretty well-rounded team. Besides you have Lapras for water-type advantages.

I decided to go with Tauros. its defense and health are terrible but its Attack is amazing! the only other issue is that he doesnt have a very big array moves. a majority of the moves you can learn and be taught are only normal moves. but if i load it up with Iron, he should be aright as a last resort type of thing

Years
I decided to go with Tauros. its defense and health are terrible but its Attack is amazing!

Good call. It's a good backup Pokemon.

About Ash's Johto team: He had a Noctowl... Though it didn't get much screentime. Also Donphan didn't really get a chance (except later in the Battle Frontier) and that's pretty much the only ones he really used. It was the same with Heracross, it was ignored for the whole Johto region then really got a chance at the Battle Frontier.

Bulbasaur was there but didn't really do much. Obviously Pikachu and Charizard were still the stars (until he left Charizard)...

So you can choose from: Pikachu, Charizard, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Noctowl, Donphan and Heracross. And you can probably swap the last 3 around a bit because Ash did that a lot.

All in all I was disappointed by his Johto team... Could have been soooooo much better :(

Years
Good call. It's a good backup Pokemon.

About Ash's Johto team: He had a Noctowl... Though it didn't get much screentime. Also Donphan didn't really get a chance (except later in the Battle Frontier) and that's pretty much the only ones he really used. It was the same with Heracross, it was ignored for the whole Johto region then really got a chance at the Battle Frontier.

Bulbasaur was there but didn't really do much. Obviously Pikachu and Charizard were still the stars (until he left Charizard)...

So you can choose from: Pikachu, Charizard, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Noctowl, Donphan and Heracross. And you can probably swap the last 3 around a bit because Ash did that a lot.

All in all I was disappointed by his Johto team... Could have been soooooo much better :(

its not that he didnt have a good team for Johto. its just he didnt use all of his Pokemon as much as he usually does. Noctowl was used alot but only to find things, not to battle. Heracross was used a lot at first but then disappeared when he left it with Professor Oak to study it. he mainly stuck to Pikachu for Johto. the only times you really saw Totodile, Cyndaquil, and Chikorita was when they would all run off together.

Years
its not that he didnt have a good team for Johto. its just he didnt use all of his Pokemon as much as he usually does. Noctowl was used alot but only to find things, not to battle. Heracross was used a lot at first but then disappeared when he left it with Professor Oak to study it. he mainly stuck to Pikachu for Johto. the only times you really saw Totodile, Cyndaquil, and Chikorita was when they would all run off together.

Yeah I guess you're right.

I would leave Cyndaquil and Bulbasaur out since a) he didnt use them much and b) you already have fire and grass covered (Charizard and Bayleef). Add Pikachu and Totodile gives you 4. Then Noctowl was usually with him so I would use that too... Then you can choose either Heracross or Donphan, depending on what you want or what is better in-game at a certain time...

Back