• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi: Suicune Dorm

Dalex had returned to the battlefield. He wanted to stay to watch, but he was starting to get tired. His ankle was killing him and he was starting to get gold in the night air. His breath could be seen when he exhaled. He looked at Haru, a teacher he had met in the mountains. They hadn't really said anything else.

Dalex looked around the battlefield, so many people were still here. He was surprised. But he figured that night time people were common here, especially with teens. He looked toward the dorms which were not far away now. There was a good amount of people walking back and forth between the dorms and the battlefields, so he was certain that he wouldn't be attacked by wild pokemon. He was starting to get hungry and he knew he would cook some macaroons for him and his pokemon. He figured that he could get the ingredients in the kitchen, if he couldn't oh well. He would still get them. He wanted some macaroons.

"Hey Haru, I am going to head back to my room. I shall talk to you later I guess." Dalex said as he headed back toward the dorms.

He passed people with corn dogs and other types of food. He got to Entei Dorm and stopped for a moment in front of the door and looked at the sketch pad with the AD on it. It was in blue.

"Hmm I wonder if that means Suicune."

Dalex walked slowly across campus to the Blue Dorm. There was students talking to one another. He walked by them and they looked at him. He caught a few girls smiling at him as if he was cute. He could feel his face blushing slightly.

"Ooo look at him. He is a cutey." He heard one girl say.

He spotted a person who looked like a mail carrier and walked toward.

"Uh excuse me sir. Do you have a moment?" Dalex asked the mail carrier.

"Sure. What can I help you with?" The mail carrier asked.

"Well I was wondering if you happened to know a female with blond hair that has the initials AD. She dropped this sketch pad in the mountains and I would like to return it."

"There are a few here, but here, let me take a look at the sketch pad. I might know who it is." The carrier said.

Dalex handed the sketch pad to the carrier. The mail carrier quickly looked through it and closed it and handed it back.

"Ah yes, I believe that belongs to Ariane Dracon. Her room is on the second floor, third room of the right. But I will warn you that she isn't very fond of males." The carrier said.

So it is HER! The thought crossed his mind.

"Ok, thank you sir." Dalex said as he walked up to the dorm door.

Two males were in his path eyeing him like he was some scum. But they didn't stop him. He guessed they wouldn't touch him at the moment because of how the girls reacted to him. He walked by without a glance and up the stairs, passing more students.

He walked up the stairs and to the door of his childhood friend. He took a deep breath. Not sure what to say and how he would react. How she would react after so many years. And why did she not like males? He made a choice not to say who he was unless she knew. But he was pretty sure she wouldn't know him. Not now. He had grown a lot.

Ariane Dracon: Her Room

Ariane continued to read her book on her bed. She had choose to let hopes of ever seeing Dalex again. As she was sure she would never seem him again. They lived regions apart and there was no telling where he had moved now or if he was on a journey already. She looked over at Noibat who was sleeping next to her Togepi and smiled.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The sound came at her door. She quickly looked at the door.

Two knocks in one night? Maybe the carrier forgot something. Ariane said.

She walked to the door and looked through her peep hole in the door. She saw a boy... he looked slightly familiar, but she was sure she had never seen him.

Wait, is he the one who tried to save me from falling? She wondered.

She unlocked her door and opened it.

"Who are you?" Ariane asked.

The boy looked up and looked her in the eyes, "Um... I found this of your's. You dropped back in the mountains and you ran away." The boy said as he held out her sketch pad. There was dust on it.

"How dare you! You got dust on this! Do you have no respect for books!?" She yelled jerking the sketch pad from his hand.

"N... no I didn't I swear! You dropped it on the ground. You must have gotten dust on it yourself." The boy said.

"Did you look at it!?"

The boy looked at the ground, "Yes... You are a great artist. I really liked the last one."

Ariane picked up a older note book and brought it down on his head hard, "You shouldn't have looked! This is like my diary!"

The boy grabbed his head, "Ouch! I am sorry! Next time I will remember not to save you jeez. Because of you, I hurt my ankle and won't be able to run well for the next few days!"

Ariane made an annoyed face, "Hmph! I never asked you to anyways." She slammed the door and looked down at the book. She dusted it off and looked to make sure all of the pictures were still there. A great happiness washed over her, but now she felt terrible.

"Why.... why do I feel so terrible now.... I shouldn't have done that..." She walked backed over to the door, but the boy was gone. She looked down the hall way, but still didn't see him. She frowned and closed the door softly.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Joint Post (Part 1)

Another Double battle? Mark normally wouldn't mind this but against both Val and Sammy? To top it off he was still stuck with Amber... she performed well in the battle but compared to Val? Mark would have to take extra care to draw Val's Pokemon away from Amber. They were way more powerful in comparison. He was curious how Sammy was going to react to this. Mark had been hoping for a one on one battle with her in this tournament.

Amber barely paid attention to the previous battle, except to notice that people really had been turned into Pokemon. She intended to spend the time between matches just healing up and ignoring that nuisance who somehow got matched with her, but it seemed a certain teacher had other plans. She glanced over at him at his compliment, trying to suppress a shudder at that smirk. What a creep.

Thankfully, the PA system decided to pick that moment to go off, saving Xander from whatever snarky comment she had planned. Amber listened intently to the announcement, letting out an irritated sigh as she heard she would be teamed up with Mark again, except this time against Valorie and Sammy. Valorie... Amber was betting that was that chick Sammy was paired with last time. She stood up as a flash of anger passed through her; she was going to take that little doll-girl down if it was the last thing she did.

"Cool, thanks," she said, already walking away from Xander. "Gotta go, battle time," she remarked, not bothering to turn around to face him. She gave him a nonchalant backwards wave goodbye before stalking off to find Mark, Valor chattering angrily at her insubordination the whole way.

Normally Sammy would have been infuriated at the idea of still being stuck with a partner, but Valorie and her Pokemon were clearly no slouches when it came to getting the job done... and their opponents were going to be both Mark and Amber. This could hardly have worked out better, she knew from their unfinished battle just before the tournament that although Amber was skilled and would be a force to reckon with after only a short time at the Academy, she was still relatively new to organised battles and competition.

Mark was another matter entirely - he was second only to Valorie in reputation on the island, and with Val not being her... usual self right now, this was his chance to claim the top spot. He'd be fighting tooth and nail to prove himself in this next battle, using every strategy and ploy he'd learned or developed in his time at the Academy. To make matters worse, she'd recently realised that a lot of his Pokemon held type advantages over her own.

But she viewed Mark as her rival, and the unfinished battle with Amber was still bothering her. This was her opportunity to take both of them out at once... with a little help from Valorie, of course. She'd had her Pokemon healed up while some of the other battles had progressed, so she now looked around for Valorie as she made her way back to the battlefield. Between them they should be able to unleash enough all-out attack on the less experienced Pokemon used by Amber to take them out early on, then focus on Mark and his trickier team.

The crowd emitted a dull roar as the combatants faced off on the battlefield, Valorie moving into place. Her eyes lit up at the sight of Mark, a knowing expression and a smile on her face. One could see the anticipation in her eyes, the fires of competition blazing powerfully as she stared down her rival. She was reveling in the moment, The planets were all aligned, and she definitely wasn't going to lose. She couldn't! ...Because...she was her! And Valorie Ryder simply did not lose.

"Yo."

The voice jolted Valorie out of her stupor. It had been Shu, her yamask. He had crept out from her shadow to see what she was staring at so intently.

"...You like that boy?" he asked, sizing Mark up.

Valorie cringed. Shu, why?! Sure it was telepathy and nobody else could hear him, but Valorie couldn't have known he was only projecting his thoughts to her. What an embarassing question to be asked, right then of all times. "..Shu!" she snapped quietly, flustered.

"Alright, alright, but you better warn me if you're going to be doing any lovey dovey stuff. I want to be at least thirty feet away from it at all times." the ghost pokemon snarked. Suddenly Valorie's good mood was shot in an instant and Shu's lack of a throat became the only thing preventing her from throttling him. She grit her teeth and closed her eyes for a moment, forcefully steeling her composure so that she might not embarrass herself any further.

"..."

The announcers' voice rang out over the crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen, make your final preparations and begin battle." they announced before going on to announce the names of the four competing to the crowd. Valorie's eyes opened and her gaze returned to Mark, still lively and intense, but less cheery this time. "...I'll take whatever Mark sends out." she announced casually to Sammy, making her intent clear. Sure she was letting her rivalry get in the way of strategy, but at least she was communicating properly!

Mark stared Valorie down. Of course she was very different from before thanks to the whole transform thing but it was still her by heart. Mark suddenly got extremely excited. Finally another battle with his first rival in the school! And his first crush... but that was in the past. She clearly wasn't interested in him after the last time he asked...then again... well this wasn't the time or place to think about Romance. He had a battle to begin.

"Remember awhile back I said one of these days we'd face off in an arena like this? Its no Pokemon league but I'd say its pretty close Val." Mark said with a confident smirk. He was in this to win.

Amber looked her competitors over as she took her place on the battlefield, barely glancing in Mark's direction. She had equal motivation for defeating the both of them, but it seemed Valorie and Mark had some sort of rivalry themselves. As much as she wanted to smash Miss China Doll into tiny, broken shards, it would mean Sammy's Pokemon would be free to attack Mark while he was distracted by Valorie. She may not have liked Mark very much, but it'd be two against one without him, and she liked those odds even less. She'd just have to make sure she had Sammy's full attention then.

Amber flashed a confident smirk in Sammy's direction, her hand already moving to her belt for a Pokeball. "So, that wager still on?~" she asked lightly. They had made a deal, after all, and Amber wasn't going to give up on the opportunity; a favor was a powerful thing in the right hands.

Sammy frowned at Valorie's decision to focus on Mark, leaving her to deal with Amber. It made more sense to team up on one of them and take them out early on, but she couldn't force Valorie to do anything. She could join her in tackling Mark exclusively but she had to admit that Mark was good enough to turn their lack of teamwork against them. So Amber it was then... she just had to hope she could take the less experienced girl out of the battle without sustaining heavy losses. If Mark could beat Valorie and Sammy found her own team badly weakened she was going to need Victini smiling on her to steal the victory... but it was Amber herself that made the decision to battle her an easy one.

She grinned at Amber, a more aggressive expression than the other girls cocky smirk. If she wanted to make this their rematch rather than buy time to get her team in order... well, she was going to get a shock about how much a Trainer could improve at the Academy. Sammy had once been in Amber's position - new to the island, only a few Pokemon and taking part in a battle that involved Mark. But things had changed since then.

"The wager is on, but this is a tournament, not a friendly battle. I won't be holding back this time, so bring your best. You'll need it." She flicked her styled hair back from her face to free her field of vision, her hand dipping to hover over the Pokeballs on her belt, each one color coded for the Pokemon inside. Amber had already seen Pancham and Shuppet in action, and she might have watched Elvis, her powerhouse in Crawdaunt, in the last battle of the tournament alongside Valorie's Charizard. But in this three on three battle that still left Sammy with a whole team of Pokemon Amber knew nothing about - whereas Sammy held experience on a far larger percentage of Amber's Pokemon. If she kept her cool for once and used her head instead of her brawn then she could win this. She just had to keep a lid on her emotions and ego.

"Ready partner?" She asked, looking to Valorie. In its own way this gambit was going to call for more trust than their last quickly cobbled strategy. They would have to completely trust that the other one could hold up their half of the battle, if either one slipped up then the other would pay the price.

A grin graced Valorie's face and she slipped into the mindset of calculating odds and formulating strategies, only to be pulled out of it by Sammy's question. Oh, right? There was someone else there. ...She'd need to work around this little obstacle in order to ensure that Mark didn't show her up. "...Right~" she remarked light-heartedly. Producing a pokeball from her satchel, Valorie primed it and tossed it forth. From the ball emerged Charizard, whom turned her nostrils to the sky and snorted dismissively at the stadium.

Valorie silently swelled with pride at Charizard's display. Yeah, that's right. We don't afraid of nothin'!

"I'm going to win this, and become champion. You can bet on it, Mark~" Valorie remarked provocatively as she stowed the ball back in her satchel. Charizards fired.

Mark smirked right back at Valorie. She was dead focused on him. That kind of thinking would be the teams downfall if she stuck with it... Mark had to choose wisely when to start provoking her to start thinking for her teammate. Then again, Val could have had the same idea as Mark... there were several ways the battle could go down. Mark's team wasn't suited for Double Battles but neither were the other trainers as far as he knew. They would all have to improvise. Mark looked over to Sammy for a moment. Eyes locked for a moment almost to taunt her. That confident grin was plastered right on his face. Mark was implying something there. He then turned over to Valorie once she spoke up.

"Well then..." Mark said as he quickly pulled a ball off of his belt. "Don't let me down then. Val." Mark said. His tone quickly shifting. Mark was serious. More serious then he had even been in any previous battle. Mark threw his ball and out came Len, his Poliwrath! He could take out this team easily if he played his cards right.

"Amber, lets try what we did in the last battle." Mark whispered. "Val's Pokemon can't be underestimated but I think Len can handle her Charizard... if you have the chance while your duking it out with Sammy, see if you can land a Confuse Ray or whatever else you got. I'm afraid that Charizard might target you somewhere in this battle so we can't let that happen."

Sammy's overconfidence merely egged Amber on more, her confident smirk growing steadily more malicious. "Holding back? Please, I think I've seen everythin' you've got already. You're on," she taunted. Sure, it wasn't the best idea to encourage her to do better, but she couldn't help feeling slightly insulted. Did Sammy think she couldn't handle a real battle?

Amber's strategic taunting nearly spilled over into true anger as another stab of jealousy pierced her. Sammy's choice of words were both perfectly acceptable and meant innocently, but it didn't stop her smirk from tightening ever so slightly, her hand snapping a Pokeball off her belt with a bit more force than necessary. Her head turned slightly towards Mark as he whispered a battle plan. "Oh, I have far better than a Confuse Ray, if that's what you want," she growled.

With a sweeping motion, Amber threw the Pokeball into the air. "Let's dance, Spirit!" she called, the proud Ponyta emerging from the ball in a flash of light. He struck a pose, flipping his mane and whinnying loudly, apparently finding Amber's attempt at a dramatic entrance insufficient. As long as Sammy didn't send out anything too challenging, she'd be free to follow up with Mark's not entirely worthless plan.

So Amber was opening up with that damn Ponyta again - Sammy had to admit that its pool of moves was a tricky one to deal with if you didn't take it out of the battle immediately. Elvis would be the perfect choice for smacking Spirit down early but she didn't want to fall into the trap of using her strongest Pokemon right off the bat against Amber - she might need him later if she had to take on Mark. Pancham had struggled against Spirit, so he was out too. Her hand twitched towards the only regular Pokeball on her belt, but she changed her mind at the last minute and grabbed a hold of the Luxury Ball next to it instead.

As much as she hated to use a Pokemon Amber had already seen and battled against she knew it was the best play she had other than Elvis. "Shuppet, we some unfinished business!" She tossed the Pokeball underarm, trying her best to seem casual about the whole thing, the capsule popping open to release her eerie Ghost type. Mark had faced Shuppet before too, but both Sammy and her Pokemon had come a long way since then. Any tips he tried to give Amber would be horribly out of date.

She was confident that she could handle Spirit, from what she had seen in their earlier battle the Ponyta would try and disable or cripple Shuppet before launching a serious offensive, which was exactly why so many of her other Pokemon would have been terrible match ups. Sammy usually relied on a power game to dominate her opponents, so an enemy that took that power away from her could give her serious problems. Shuppet was her backup for times like that and although she'd used the spook against Valor for her silence she was being deployed against Spirit for an entirely different reason.

"Try not to make this too boring for me Amber, I'd hate to fall asleep in the middle of our battle. But hey, I could beat you in my sleep anyway, so it doesn't really matter." If she'd learned one thing about Amber so far it was that the girl liked to smack talk, something that could usually goad Sammy into making rash decisions. But she was going to take a page from Cynthia's book and try to control every aspect of the battle.

Valorie's gaze shifted sharply to the flames of Ponyta's back. An opportunity presented itself so freely and generously! With a fluid gesture, Valorie trailed her finger betwixt Len and Spirit. "Charizard, let's take the field with Rock Slide!" the short stop commanded, voice beaming with confidence. She knew she'd suggested she would be taking Mark on, but why not both? Charizard and her would be the star of the show, just how she liked it.

The pseudo dragon pokemon raised a foot and brought it down with a powerful crack, shattering the ground before her and launching several large boulders into the air. Charizard then proceeded to spit several little bursts of fire into the rocks, smacking them out of the air as they rose to violently launch them at both Len and Spirit. "Show 'em why we're here, Charizard!" Valorie remarked enthusiastically.

Everything was off to a good start. She was sure Charizard could overcome her weakness to Len's water moves.What else had they been training for, if not to overcome odds like these?

Rock Slide... he wasn't sure how well Amber's Ponyta would handle an attack like that. Len on the other hand barely felt a thing due to its water/fighting type. Perfect for a solid enough opening to get things into gear! Rock Slide was weak enough to give Mark the opening he needed to pull off a fairly risky move.

"Alright Len lets get right to business. Belly Drum!" Mark shouted. The Poliwrath would stand firm and begin pounding its belly hard, reducing its health drastically, but increasing its attack power tenfold. A direct attack from Len was going to be devastating. And he still had enough health and bulk to take a couple more hits! That Shuppet would be an issue however. None of Len's physical attacks could touch it... thankfully Len still had Bubble Beam as a backup. Mark hadn't found a means to teach it any form of physical water attack yet. If only it had something quick like Aqua Jet!

Amber's smirk didn't falter in the slightest at the smack talk, but for once she didn't retaliate. It was time to focus; that Shuppet was a tricky one, but not an immediate threat. As much as she hated following Mark's lead, that Charizard was a much more serious threat. "From the top, stage left!" she called to Spirit, who let out a small whinny of confusion. Wasn't the plan to each take one opponant...? Still, he readied the first attack all the same, continuing to stare down Shuppet for some degree of stealth.

As he prepared to fire the Hypnosis attack, a rumble split the air as the boulders went flying, With a whinny of fright, Spirit leaped back away from the first boulder, firing off the hypnotic waves in his eyes in Charizard's general direction. He was no match for the rocky onslaught however, and was quickly buried beneath the rocks, his energy draining from the super-effective hit. Amber let out a hiss of air between her teeth; there was no way Spirit was getting up from that one.

Sammy was almost instantly furious. This was not what they had agreed on - but worse than that, everyone seemed to be ignoring her and Shuppet. Valorie was the big threat was she, the one to deal with first? Well it was time to show people that she had tricks of her own and had been paying attention. Especially to Mark bragging about his perfect strategies.

"Shuppet, Knock Off on that Poliwrath!"

Shuppet rotated to face Len and soared unerringly towards him, lowering her head so that the spike was aimed at his gloved hand. Sparks began to crackle along the length of the spike, dark electricity powering up the attack. Mark had told Sammy all about his 'Belly Drum strategy' when he'd been telling her about berries in the forest and she was going to take full advantage of her insider knowledge. By getting rid of the item Len was almost certainly holding she could cut that strategy in half and hopefully knock some of the wind out of Marks sails. And if Valorie didn't like it they could hash it out later - by the looks of things she hadn't left Sammy with a Pokemon to attack.

Valorie literally jumped for joy as she watched Charizard force Amber's Ponyta to eat a boulder mid-hypnosis. If it had been working, it definitely wasn't going to work now. "Bet you didn't see that coming!" Valorie called out enthusiastically. She could only imagine how awesome she looked. Her ego absolutely loved the attention, with no mind paid to ... anything else really. Charizard shook the attempted hypnosis off, turning her cheek at Len and locking gazes with the other monster passionately. Valorie became aware of a situation arising. Now wait just a second...

She knew this strategy.

...Her Charizard knew belly drum!

She became aware of Sammy jumping in to help out. She wasn't sure how she felt about that, but decided to ignore it for the time being. It was the maximum amount of doll-face she could save at the moment. "Charizard, don't let Len catch you! Dragon Pulse!" Valorie commanded. Charizard took to the air with a powerful flap of her wings, dispelling a powerful wave of draconic energy. One could practically feel the fangirling oozing from her expression. The plan was to play defensively and hope she could get a couple of hits off before Len got a chance to show off his newfound power.

Mark kept a stern face. Len was weakened about halfway from that belly drum and that Dragon Pulse did a serious number to Len on top of that! With Knock Off, Len's Lum Berry he had hidden under his sleeve fell right out of the battlefield. He had planned to use that berry to make a smooth recovery out of Belly Drum but it looked like Len would be down for the count!

...That is... if Mark didn't plan ahead for such a possibility.

"At ease Len." Mark said, holding up his hand. Len looked back at Mark and just nodded. With that, Len would slowly close its eyes and sit down on the ground. Did he get knocked out...? No! He fell asleep! He was using Rest to recover his health to max! And with his max boosted attack power... he'd be unscathed! However, he was wide open now. What was he thinking? Without that Lum berry he couldn't go off waking up immediately!

Amber practically growled in frustration as both Charizard and Shuppet attacked the now-defenseless Poliwrath. It seemed their strategy was going out the window, with cheap shots coming out of nowhere like that. Valorie's obvious pride for that attack was even more infuriating; it wasn't even that awesome. Still, she could probably use Valorie's ego and laser focus on her own actions against her.

Quietly, Amber knelt down on the ground as if retying her boots, then reached back towards her belt. She grabbed a Pokeball and released the Pokemon inside as discreetly as possible. A tiny blob of yellow fur blinked its eyes open, and Amber made a quiet shushing noise before it even had the chance to open its mouth. She was relying on all the focus being on Poliwrath and Charizard; the last thing she needed was the hyperactive Joltik causing a scene.

"I need you to be really quiet, okay? You gotta take down that Charizard for me. Stun it with Thunder Wave, then come back here for Shuppet," Amber whispered before straightening back up as if nothing happened, her shadow making the tiny Pokemon nearly invisible.

Twitch desperately tried to resist the temptation to speak. She puffed out her cheeks and sunk her fangs into her mouth, doing everything she could to make it physically impossible to talk while Amber gave her instructions. Her eyes widened the more Amber went on; she got to be a super spy?! Twitch nodded seriously before blending into the shadows, already plotting her route to get closer to Charizard.

Twitch scurried along, feeling exposed as she hurried first to the cover Mark's shadow, then to Len's. The temptation to talk was finally too much, and she started humming under her breath. "Dum di-di dum dun dun dun dum di-di dum dun dun dun DUH NUHH, duh duh dun....!~" She embarked on the riskiest part of her expedition, darting out into the open as she charged electricity on her fur. She released a Thunder Wave attack towards the Charizard.

"The name's Bond. Joltik Bond."

Sammy furrowed her brow as Mark ordered Len to use Rest anyway. She'd just pulled his strategy out from under him and he didn't seem phased at all. She was going to leave Valorie to deal with the problem but there was no sign of Amber sending out her next Pokemon... couldn't she decide? Maybe her Ponyta being taken out so decisively had given her a shock... without a Pokemon to deal with that left Sammy no choice but to keep helping out with Poliwrath.

Mark not being phased by her move was really annoying her - she had been sure it would throw him off his game. But she could push him further - Mark had told her that although he knew a lot about Kanto and Johto Pokemon he was a bit clueless when it came to the other regions... and that could mean their moves too. She'd taught Shuppet a move earlier that day that had originated in Kalos, only just beginning to see use in the Kanto and Johto leagues. It wasn't the perfect move for the situation but Mark could easily have no idea what it did. That element of the unknown might be more effective than the move itself.

"Shuppet, let's get under his skin with Infestation!"

Of course, she'd never seen her (or any) Ghost type use that move before.

Shuppet stared wide eyed at Len, motionless in the air until her mouth slowly began to fall open. It dropped lower and lower, the Pokemons dark maw stretching beyond possibility until there was at least a foot of open mouth hanging below her. It looked like nothing else would happen as the moment stretched on until a cloud of tiny insects violently erupted from inside Shuppets mouth, flying straight for Len in an almost solid mass. The gnat-like creatures seemed to have stingers of some sort and would plague Len with an endless barrage of tiny attacks, reducing his health. The cloud of insects was simply too thick to be penetrated by a Pokeball beam, making it impossible for Mark to call Len back and escape the swarm.

If anyone took the time to look closely at the tiny bugs they would see they weren't insects at all, but miniscule versions of Shuppet jabbing Len with the spikes on top of their heads, single minded in their aggression.

The whole thing happened silently, neither Shuppet or her... babies... making a single sound.

" $%& me." Sammy commented.

Valorie felt herself tense as she found herself unable to ignore the swarm of spooky ghosts filling the battlefield before her eyes. Just what she needed, more ghosts. Valorie forced herself to focus, uninterested in being 'that coward girl who freaks out around ghosts all the time'. "Charizard, belly drum!" she ordered.

The psuedo dragon began to pump herself up, tensing and beating upon her belly with her small arms rather viciously. She reared back, turning her head to the sky and spewing forth an uncontrolled torrent of fire as she let slip an awesome battle cry. Valorie grinned at Mark; the look in her eyes said 'checkmate'.

Suddenly Charizard felt an intensely irritating stinging sensation as a sphee sapped her joltik's thunder wave found it's way onto her arm. The attack hardly seemed to slow her down, mostly because she hadn't been moving to begin with, but the damage had been done. Charizard turned her full focus upon the sneaky bug pokemon, a low growl escaping her throat. Bond had accomplished her mission, but at what cost?!

Mark had smirked again. She must have assumed that Len was wide open. Still Charizard using Belly Drum was not going to be good if he let that slip by. Time to go full out. Mark watched the swarm of insects cover up Len... he wasn't too familiar with the move but the Poliwraith didn't seem too phased by it. He was still fast asleep! Or was he...?

Mark looked back at Val noticing the look in her eyes. Time to give them both a surprise! "Bad move Val. Len, Sleep Talk!" Mark shouted. Len kept his eyes closed but he seemed to move around as if he were awake. He'd mutter a bit in his sleep but would suddenly start running toward the Charizard! Taking advantage of his paralyzed state and lept up toward him with Body Slam! With Lens boosted power, this was bound to send the lizard out of the sky.

Twitch let out a terrified squeak as Charizard turned its attention onto her, which turned into a full scream as she tore across the battle field as fast as her tiny legs would take her. She felt a whoosh as Mark's Pokemon lept over her in a Body Slam attack, spurring her on faster to reach Amber's side of the battlefield once again.

"Nice going, Twitch! Let's slow that ghost down a little; Electroweb!" Amber called out. Sammy's Shuppet had almost cost her their previous match, so there was no way she was going to let it have free reign of the battlefield. Mark could deal with that Charizard himself, especially after she'd weakened it for him. Twitch enthusiastically gathered a web in her mouth and spat it towards the nightmarish Pokemon, charging it with electricity as it flew.

The webbing smacked Shuppet full in the mouth, binding it shut and zapping her with electricity. She stared at Twitch, seemingly unconcerned - but it looked like she wouldn't be using Infestation again anytime soon. That said, the miniature Shuppets she had spawned continued to swarm around Len and sting him mercilessly.

"You're going to need more punch than that Amber. Shuppet - Nightshade the bug."

Shuppet took her usual sweet time responding to the command, her eyes slowly beginning to roll around inside her head. They spun faster and faster until they were just a blur - her pupils slowly shifting through the spectrum of one colour to the next. Purple, blue, green, yellow, red... it was a nausea inducing sight if you didn't look away. Shuppet began to shake with the force of the move, bobbing erratically in the air until her eyes came to a sudden stop, locking onto Twitch as they continued rippling from one colour to the next. The air around the Bug type would start to twist and compress, causing extreme discomfort and pain to anything caught inside the ghastly bubble.

Sammy had no idea where Shuppet was coming up with these twisted variations on established moves, it was nothing she had ever taught her. But she had to admit that they were at least as effective as the normal versions of these moves, just with an added flair to throw her opponents and their Pokemon off their game. Maybe she should try and take a lesson from Shuppet and expand the idea to the rest of her Pokemon?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi: Back to the Battlefield

Dalex had walked away from his old friend's door after slamming it it. He walked through the other students who watched him leave. He was pretty sure that he had a few girls squealing over how 'cute' he was. He just smirked as he caught more females saying something in a similar way.

How nice. I already have a fan club and I have only been here for a day, although he felt more like a year.

He returned to his dorm and changed into warmer clothing, throwing a orange male scarf around his neck. He wore dark colors so that the heat that was produced by lights and other people would be absorbed better. He had spent most of his life in Hoenn where it was always warm. So the cold was a bit much for him, but he had the ability to adapt quickly.

He restored his pokemon to health and placed everything, but his pokemon and camera, in his room and left his room yet again. He hadn't hardly been to his room today. He didn't like being inside after all. He had heard that another battle was finally starting and he wanted some night pictures.

He had arrived right as the battle started and it was already intense. He smiled at the little Joltic who used its size to a sneak attack. He leaned up against the fence, eating a corn dog, watching the battle. He hadn't interact with many people so far. And those he had already interacted with, he wasn't sure where they were. He started to get nervous watching the battle.

"Man... these students are my age. Maybe a year younger or older. And they are this good... I thought I was awesome, but I am nothing compared to these four... do I deserve to be here? And can I make it?" He asked himself.

His eyes seemed to be drawn to the one named Valorie the must. He had heard that some people had been turned into pokemon by Team Rocket. He was somewhat jealous in all honesty. He wondered what it would feel like to be a pokemon.

Treecko popped out of its pokeball.

'Treecko tree?'

"Yeah these are students here. They are amazing. I would love to meet them. Especially the Valorie girl. I think she is a year younger than me and she is so powerful. And I would love to ask her about being a pokemon."

'Tree treecko tree tree?'

"Maybe one day we will battle them. But right now... they are too powerful. Treecko, you have been my best friend for a long time. And I hope that one day we can become as strong as her." Dalex said.

Something about her told him that she was from Unova, very much like him and his friend. Maybe that he was he payed more attention to her than the others?

He also payed more attention to the one named Sammy. She was really pretty with her brownish red hair and green eyes. She was about the same height as Dalex. She reminded him of himself. Being tanned and seemed toned and sporty. No doubt she was outdoors a lot, much like himself.

Dalex finished his corndog and started watching the battle through his camera. Taking pictures of the battle here and there. Treecko studied the battle intently, no doubt wanting to become as strong as those pokemon battling.

Dawn

Years
Joint Post (Part 2)

Charizard was sent down hard onto the ground, with a deafening crash, her roar silenced in but a moment as the ground shattered underneath her. Valorie just sort of deflated a bit. "...Charizard, no." she murmured, shaking her head in disgust at the display. Charizard you dun' goofed. Why must you always disappoint? If you want something done, use a <u>real</u> dragon!

"I choose you D--Dragonite! Waah!" Valorie blurted out, her eyes catching sight of Sammy's shuppet. She nearly ordered Dragonite to friendly fire on principle. It was time for some vengeance. Time for some advanced tactics! "Dragonite, safeguard!" she ordered, learning from her previous mistake. A crystalline shield formed around both Sammy and Valorie's pokemon. "Now--Let's throw our <i>weight</i> into the battle! Extremespeed!" she continued without pause, taking advantage of Dragonite's perhaps startling speed to attack Len pre-emptively. Dragonite's wings flooded with a magical wind, expanding and launching her into the air. She seemed to vanish from sight, a several shockwaves creating a very windy condition on the battlefield as Dragonite repeatedly bounced back and fourth, playing table tennis using Len as the ball.

Len was being tossed back and forth. If the Charizard could go down easily then so could this Dragonite! "Len! Sleep Talk once more!" Mark shouted out. He expected Len to just crush Dragonite with another body slam... but this time Len did a different move. Bubblebeam. Obviously that wasn't going to harm Dragonite one bit other then make her nose a little wet. "Random huh... heh. Guess it would be a bit unfair otherwise." Mark thought to himself.

Amber tried her best to ignore the chaos occurring on the other side of the field. Mark better be able to handle that himself, or there was going to be trouble. If the Dragonite didn't kill him first, she would. At least Shuppet's presence seemed to be throwing her off; maybe it was something she could capitalize on. "What's the matter, China Doll? 'Fraid of a tiny ghost like that?" she taunted.

Amber's eyebrows raised at Shuppet's attack, but she otherwise seemed unfazed. It would take much more than some spooky eyes and shaking to scare her. Twitch, on the other hand, looked about ready to have a heart attack. When the attack connected, she flew backwards, nearly crashing into Amber. Watching the impromptu flight, Amber was struck with a burst of inspiration.

"You're doing great, Twitch! Hit it with Bounce!" Amber called out, relieved as Twitch got back up from the attack. It'd take some set up, but it was the strongest attack she had. If Sammy wanted more punch, she'd give it to her! Both herself and Twitch were grinning as the bug Pokemon suddenly launched into the air much higher than would seem possible with her tiny legs, and vanished into the clouds.

Sammy sneered, her eyes following Twitch as she bounced up into the sky and far out of sight. If Amber was trying to buy time for herself it was a bad decision, she'd already seen Sammy and Shuppet use this move. How could she not know they would do it again, especially given a turn free from attack to prepare?

"You're making this too easy Amber! Shuppet, Phantom Force."

The air directly behind Shuppet ripped itself apart, a portal of swirling dark energy leading to some ghastly netherworld opening. Thick tentacles coated in shining mucus whipped out from the portal and wrapped themselves around Shuppet, yanking the silent Ghost type back through the portal. With a sickening shlurmp sound the doorway collapsed in on itself, the space stitching itself back together seamlessly.

"When that Joltik comes down it's in for a shock. But you're not, huh? You know how this one turns out," Sammy grinned.

Meanwhile, the bubbles from Len's bubblebeam just sort of popped explosively against Dragonite's chest as she skidded to a stop. As expected, this had no effect whatsoever against Dragonite. Valorie just sort of beamed across the battlefield. "Get ready for the combo, Dragonite!" she announced, stretching one arm and pointing to the sky.

"<i>This</i> is what we've been training for, Mark!" she announced. "Dragonite, Extreme Speed--Dragon Rush. Let's <i>go</i>!" she ordered. Once again Dragonite began to accelerate, bathing the battlefield in powerful winds as she appeared to vanish from sight. This time with each strike she would bounce Len higher into the sky. Once, twice and thrice before Len's body nearly eclipsed the sun. Something bigger emerged above Len however, a familiar figure silhouetted by the bright light. Dragonite dove down with tremendous force, her body glowing with a blue energy as she attempted to pile drive Len straight through the arena floor with overwhelming force.

"This is why you don't take a nap on the battlefield!" she remarked in a rather sassy tone as the two fell.

Mark watched as Len was taken down by the Dragonite. A combined effort of both another powerful extreme speed as well as Dragon Rush was enough to take down Len and cause him to faint. "Gah... good job there Len. Return!" Mark said as he pulled out his Pokeball and returned the Poliwraith. Mark really didn't want to use his secret weapon so soon, but against a Dragonite like this... well it seemed to call for some drastic measures

"Heh, you better not fall asleep on this one Val. Xerox! Go!" Mark shouted as he sent out his Ditto. The little blob gave off a high pitched cry and would start giving off a small glow, immediately transform into a Dragonite! The very same one that Val had! Size and all!

"So Xerox, got any moves that might counter another Dragon Type?" Mark asked confidently. Xerox stepped forward and opened up his mouth, preparing for an attack. He didn't have Amber for backup here but he had to take a shot at this either way. Xerox aimed toward Dragonite and fired an Ice Beam straight toward her!

Amber's grin slowly turned to a disgusted sneer as the Shuppet disappeared into a portal again. It was totally her fault that she got outplayed, but she wasn't going to admit to that. "Really? This again? I thought you were better than resorting to the same cheap tactic twice." It looked like a bad situation, but with luck, Twitch had something in store that she could exploit. If there was anything Amber could count on, it was that her new Pokemon was unpredictable.

Meanwhile, said Joltik was no longer enjoying her flight. It had been fun at first, feeling the whoosh of the wind and enjoying the view from high up in the clouds. However, she didn't count on the effect that the force of her speed would have on her stomach. As she reached the apex of her flight, she couldn't hold on any longer. A steady stream of webbing shot from her mouth, launching her into a wild spiral which did nothing to help the nausea. By the time she crashed into the ground, making a surprisingly substantial crater considering her weight, both sides of the field were covered with sticky and surprisingly strong Spiderwebs.

Amber had to take a tiny leap back as a Spiderweb falling from the sky nearly landed on her. That was certainly... creative. "Brace yourself, incoming!" she yelled, hoping she could give Twitch enough warning to react to the approaching Phantom Force attack. Twitch was still stumbling around, coughing up more globs of Spiderwebs and generally hoping she never had to do that again. She flopped uselessly to the ground; maybe if she made herself really still and really small the mean Pokemon would miss her.

"I'm better than whoever I beat, that's all that counts. And I guess today that's you and Ma-is that a Ditto!?" Sammy exclaimed, watching as Xerox transformed into the Dragonite he... she... it was facing. When had Mark caught a Ditto? Heck, how had he even found a Pokemon that unusual on the island? One of her key advantages over him had always been how consistently he used the same Pokemon - an almost pig headed refusal to capture anymore - while she worked on constantly rounding out her team and keeping him guessing. If this was a one off capture it was a good one, but if it was the start of a new focus for him she could have real problems. The last thing she needed was for Mark to expand his roster and start working on a secondary team, that sort of flexibility just made him a bigger threat.

Still, she had faced a Ditto before and managed to take the victory. There was no reason she wouldn't be able to do it again when it came to one on one against Mark. She'd already figured out the weakness every Ditto and their trainer had, all she needed to do was apply that to Mark. Right?

Shaking her head she pulled her attention back to Amber just as globs of vomit-web started falling down from the sky. Sammy wasn't normally the squeamish type but this was a whole new level of gross. And a pretty ingenious tactic on the part of Amber! Maybe Sammy was underestimating her... she was getting a little tired of never catching up to her rival and now her would-be rival was raising her game too! She was going to have to show them a thing or two.

Twitch smashed into - and to a degree through the ground which was impressive in its own self destructive kind of way - and looked like he/she/it (if there was a Pokemon Gender Identification class Sammy really needed to take it) wasn't recovering from the impact too well. Now would be the perfect time to strike but with Shuppet in another... dimension or something she just had to wait for the little spook to turn up again.

It was maybe a few seconds after the perfect time to strike that a second gateway schlurped itself open behind Twitch, the tentacles from the other side hurling Shuppet out at a dangerous speed. Whatever was on the other side of there really didn't like the taste of her, but for some reason kept coming back for more! Shuppet flew straight towards Twitch, the point on her head lowered for maximum effect. As usual, Shuppet gave away no hint of her feelings. Sammy was a little concerned that if being swallowed by an umbral beast and vomited back out like so much spider-webbing didn't spark a reaction then Shuppet was never going to do anything except stare blankly at any stimuli.

Valorie raised her head, eyes widening at the ditto's display. "...Nice trick!" she remarked, pre-emptively planning for the obvious move. Before she could give an order however her attention was drawn by--globs of silk falling from the sky..? Dragonite cried out as a blast of silk and ice crashed into her, a sheet of ice beginning to form over her upper body. Valorie snapped to attention.

"...Your one mistake was thinking you could Dragonite better than Dragonite!" she called out defiantly. "Dragonite, retaliate with Ice Beam! Make me proud!" she called out, balling her fists. Dragonite shuddered and broke free of the sheet of ice with a loud grunt, ice crystals scattering through the air. Drawing in breath, she shot a beam of raw icy power back at the false child!

The two ice beams would begin to clash together. While Xerox had the same statistics as the real Dragonite, it wasn't as bulky by any means. Still and Ice Beam is an Ice Beam! Xerox just had to push through! Alone Mark wouldn't stand a chance. However...

"Could use some backup here Amber!" Mark called out. "Xerox! Keep pushing through!"

Twitch was still stumbling around in her own webs when suddenly a demonic portal opened behind her, spitting a ghostly projectile directly towards her. By the time she realized it was coming, she couldn't jump out of the way fast enough. She went flying from the impact of the attack; Amber watched nervously as Twitch laid still on the ground for a few moments. She was relieved when the Bug Pokemon shakily got to her feet. She doubted Twitch would be able to take any more hits like that.

Amber was trying to plan her next move when she heard Mark's annoying voice pipe up again. Seriously? He was asking for help again, after she literally just sent her Pokemon all the way over there a few attacks ago. "I'm a little busy!" she snapped. Her eyes focused back on the battle field, trying to figure out a way to take down Shuppet without leaving Mark hanging, as much as she'd have liked to. Eventually she noticed the one thing that connected the whole battlefield. Literally.

"Twitch! Zap those webs!" she called, and for a moment Amber was worried that Twitch hadn't heard her. The Joltik simply stood where she had landed, shaking slightly. The shaking intensified, and the sound of buzzing filled the air. A Swarm of bugs materialized around Twitch, her Compound Eyes glowing. A desperate energy seemed to fill her, and she launched herself forward, sending a jolt of energy through her into the webs, turning them from regular Spiderwebs into Electrowebs. The energy traveled down the line in opposite directions to both Dragonite and Shuppet, who, although she hadn't been hit by the falling webs at first, had made the mistake of making direct contact with the web-covered Joltik.

Seemingly not satisfied with simply activating her accidental traps, Twitch kept her momentum going, rushing straight towards the presumably even slower Shuppet. Her mouth opened Unnervingly wide, revealing large fangs as she prepared a Bug Bite attack. The Swarm of bugs prepared to do the same, boosting the power of the attack as she rushed the Shuppet with deadly accuracy. Amber was grinning like an idiot by then; she had no idea what kind of demon she caught, but she loved it!

Shuppet quickly righted herself after her impact with Twitch, leaving Sammy feeling increasingly smug about the whole battle until the tiny Joltik joined Shuppet in the running for most disturbing Pokemon on the island. First Shuppet got zapped by Electroweb then got pounced on by the Bug type and its swarm, plunging fangs into the cloth like material of Shuppets body. Sammy had no idea what was going on, but it was pretty clear that the Joltik had gotten some sort of boost to its strength. Shuppet didn't react even while being savagely bitten, but instead slowly closed her eyes and started floating on her side like a dead Goldeen.

"Damnit, I guess that's Shuppet done... good job though girl, we had no way of knowing the little gremlin could do all that."

She held out the Luxury Ball and called her Pokemon back, clipping it back to her belt. She hadn't counted on this battle getting so out of hand, she hadn't honestly expected Amber to even be able to take out any of her Pokemon. And her plan to throw Mark off his game with her new move and Shuppets unique battle style hadn't gone her way either... well to hell with it, if it was going to take a big shock to make him take notice that was what he was going to get! And the fact that he'd called to Amber for help meant she could tip the struggle between his Ditto and Valories Dragonite, whether Valorie liked it or not. She'd gone against the strategy first anyway.

This was such a bad idea.

"I'm getting tired of playing around, I think I should take charge of the battle now, right Mark?"

She whipped the Timer Ball from her belt and hurled it aggressively forward, the specialist pokeball popping open and pouring out light.... a lot of it. A massive Onix formed on the field, opening its maw and roaring loudly enough that Sammy almost lost her balance from the force of it. She'd only caught Onix earlier that day so this could go very wrong very quickly!

"Onix - hit the Dragonite furthest away with Dragon Breath!"

Onix swung his head around to glare at Sammy, looking like he was contemplating gobbling her up there and then. She took a deep breath and tilted her head back, looking her Pokemon calmly in the eye. After a moment Onix huffed out an earthy breath and whipped back to the battlefield, snapping his head forward and blasting a beam of blue energy from its mouth that screamed across the battlefield towards Xerox.

Sammy breathed a sigh of relief - she knew from her experience with Ponyta that if she hadn't shown Onix her strength as a Trainer he never would have accepted her. But now that she knew Onix would listen she could help Valorie finish off that Ditto. After that Valorie could use her much stronger Pokemon to take out the pumped up Joltik and they'd only have two Pokemon left to take on!

Dragonite reeled as electricity coursed through her, her aim being thrown off balance for just a moment... Or was that Xerox? Both were too locked on trying to overpower eachother to dodge their respective attacks, blasts of icy energy arcing and colliding between them with great ferocity.

...And the dragon's squirming introduced just the catalyst needed to destabilize the rapidly building ball of icy energy in the center of the battlefield. The ball of ice began to bulge in various directions, icy lances jutting out as it began to wildly expand. Valorie's eyes widened with realization as she watched the expanding ball of ice. Her mouth opened, an itching feeling in the back of her head told her to stop Dragonite, but she didn't. If Dragonite stopped now she was certain her pokemon would take the brunt of all that power. She couldn't possibly do that to Dragonite. It was just... wrong! The crowd began to fall silent as they recognized danger. Most importantly, she needed to win.

A thunderous crackling sounded through the air as the mass of icy energy abruptly imploded, shrinking exponentially before violently exploding in turn. Ice and snow were sent flying with blizzard-like strength in every direction, bathing the battlefield in winds strong enough to knock most humans off their feet. Several large spires of solid ice were shot through the air, forcing academy officials to act quickly and shoot them down before they seriously injured bystanders. An artificial snow began to flutter down around them all,

And then, through the muffled silence of an awed crowd... A large crash was heard as Dragonite collapsed, her body frozen solid. This was followed shortly by another large crash. A goodra now laid fainted upon the field, a series of large bruises upon it's body. Now where had that come from? A quick inspection would reveal that Valorie was missing, leaving little to the imagination. The trainer had gotten very unlucky, a baseball sized chunk of hail having knocked her lights out where she stood. A groan escaped the fallen goodra and the academy's Nurse Joy began rushing out to the field to assess the situation. Woah!

Mark panted heavily as the ice was dealt with. Xerox of course didn't make it out of that and all that was left was a small blob across the floor. Mark returned the ditto back to its ball silently. Valorie was nowhere to be found... instead transformed back to the Goodra form she was stuck in. He already knew what Pokemon to break out next. He was going to finish this battle off assuming it continued.

"...Val..." Mark said as he stepped forward, unsure if he should get mixed up between the nurses. Was he supposed to appologize? No! It wasn't his fault that ice beam clash got out of control! This was something that happened in Pokemon battles! "Comon Val get up... your stronger then that..." Mark said, clenching his fist. The ice shards caused a few cuts to run along his arms, and to top it off, the shift in temperature caught him off guard. Mark wanted to finish the battle though...

Amber's grin as Shuppet fainted quickly faded as a massive Onyx appeared on the field. Compared to her tiny Joltik, the Rock Pokemon looked like a force to be reckoned with. Even more infuriating was the fact that it seemed to be going after Mark's Pokemon rather than her own. She would regret ignoring Twitch, especially considering her unexpected massive power spike. She was already planning a counter-attack when she suddenly felt the temperature drop.

Amber winced as the wind increased, sliding back on her heels a bit as she struggled for balance. She threw one arm up to cover her face, only to feel a sharp stinging sensation as ice grazed her skin. When the ice settled to a light snowfall, she quickly checked out her arm. A long cut ran from her elbow to her wrist, and she watched as small drops of blood welled up. Looking more perturbed than actually concerned, she ran her thumb down it and flicked the blood off onto the ground before turning back to the battle.

That is, if there was even going to be a battle to turn back to. Twitch was down for the count, the ensuing blizzard proving too much for the already weakened bug. Her irritation was quickly ramping up to actual anger as she watched the fallen "Valorie". If they had to postpone the battle for this... She glanced over at Sammy; no doubt she would be full of concern and sympathy for the fallen Pokehuman, a thought that only made Amber's blood boil more. She just had to play it cool for now, pretend to care. She let out a low hissing noise to vent her anger some, and rubbed her arm as if it hurt to pass it off. There'd be time later to give China Doll a piece of her mind, and Mark too for that matter.

The Dragon Breath was lost in the arctic explosion, Onix savaged by the ensuing blizzard. But miraculously the rock snake didn't go down, it was just too Sturdy[/i] to realise when to quit. It was weaving unsteadily, but still standing. Sammy on the other hand, being much closer to Dragonite than either Mark or Amber, was thrown back several feet. She landed on her back, her head snapping back to connect with the ground. Her core temperature dropped rapidly and she spent a time staring blankly at the sky before groaning and rolling onto her forearms and knees, visibly struggling to get to her feet.

She was badly dazed from the blow to her head and didn't understand what had happened. But there was a battle. She was in a battle. She couldn't piece together what the meant exactly, but it was important. Being strong was important, she couldn't stop. She managed to get her feet under her and staggered drunkenly to a standing position, but she was obviously in no state to battle.

"Mmfh... 'Nix... fuh..."

Sammy lurched to one side but managed to stay on her feet, closing her hands into weak fists and raising them up. Mark would recognise from the lesson Sammy had given him that she was raising her fists in a guarded boxing position - she knew that there was some sort of fight and she needed to protect herself, but beyond that she was in no position to carry on no matter how much he would know she wanted to. What would he do?

The intrudance of the nurses made it quite clear that the battle wasn't going to continue regardless of what Mark did really. A nurse tended to Valorie, spraying her with a revive. Suddenly the fallen trainermon jolted awake, struggling to her feet in a rather startled manner. She looked around at the scene and cringed. Now how did she transform again? She quietly cursed her luck as she found herself without a good mental image of herself to use for transformation, instead locking onto... Mark.

Her body began to shrink again. This time however she became a seemingly perfect copy of Mark.

"...I'm still ready to fight." she replied, a cross between Mark and her own voice.

Another nurse tended to Sammy in a similar manner, trying her best not to get punched by the delirious girl. Academy officials began debating Valorie's sanity. Though they had been perfectly ready to call off the fight, they found themselves waiting to see what became of the scene.

Valorie produced a ball and tossed it, Haxorus emerging from within. The dragon pokemon emitted a guttural roar before turning to glance back at her trainer.

<i>"...What."</i> Haxorus remarked, entirely confused by the two Marks. Valorie became flustered and raised a fist. "Not now, Haxorus! We're in the middle of a battle!" she scolded, hesitating a moment. She looked around at the scene a second time. "I think?" she went on, looking to Mark. "Dragon Dance" she finally ordered, demanding for Haxorus to dominate the field. The aching in her head had upped her aggression quite some bit, now that she was coherent enough to feel it. Haxorus began to weave back and fourth in a rythmic manner, her body beginning to glow with an azure aura.

"V-VAL! Really? Why'd you have to transform into me?!" Mark said with an embaressed blush on his face. For several reasons! He shook it off once he noticed she intended to continue the battle. Mark had his hand on a Pokeball and debating if he should send out his Pokemon or not. "Val we're not in a condition to battle! Stand down!" If Mark had to, he'd have Commodore or ready to go and finish the job. He was shivering from the cold caused by the previous ice beam clash. He looked over to Sammy and Amber and then back to Valorie.

Valorie seemed to consider Mark's response. She just sort of glanced at Sammy, then at Haxorus who now looked very silly staring down a non-existant enemy. She seemed to deflate a bit. "...I wanted to win." she replied, barely audible over the snow drifting down around them. The disembodied trainer turned and returned a very confused haxorus, moving to leave the battlefield. She seemed a tad upset over her loss, choosing not to stay to see how things proceeded.

A loudspeaker broke the silence of the snow. Steven's voice echoed fourth across the battlefield. "Apologies. Given the circumstances we are now prepared to announce a victor." Steven said, clearing his throat and hesitating a moment before continuing. "By account of a technicality, ...Mark and Amber will be moving on to the next round." he announced. A distant cheer began as the battle was concluded. "Learn from the incident today. Pokemon are powerful. If you lose control over your pokemon, someone could get hurt. The next match will begin once we've made sure all our students are alright." Steven explained in a somber tone.

Control.. He knew full well Valorie had great control over her Pokemon. But he remembered... Val wasn't herself. She transformed into a Pokemon. Did that influence what happened...? "Val!" Mark called out as he rushed out toward her. If she was wandering out on her own, who knows where she'd end up? And it'd especially be confusing if she was sticking with Mark's body!

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake:
The Glorious Return from Another Dimension

A young man wondered down the mountain road alone, obviously heading towards the academy. He looked rather scruffy, like he had been living in the wilderness for a long time. Dirty clothes, scruffy beard...white grin? The student (it was obvious he was a student because of his yellow jacket) had a stupid grin on his face. It seemed that nothing could wipe the grin off of Haru Hatake's face. I'm coming home, everyone...I'm coming home.

Haru had his backpack containing a pair of jeans for colder weather, a hoodie, and a spare shirt, but nothing more than healing items. He had left on his training journey what seemed like months ago, although he wasn't really sure when the last time HTS/Challenger posted he had seen another trainer, but it was all worth it. All of his Pokemon had evolved with the exception of Geronimo, but everyone knew Metal Coats didn't grow on trees. Haru had been gone for a long time. He felt bad about not contacting any of his friends, or even Holly, although he thought about her almost every night. He had separated himself from the world, and the world was more than happy to let Haru slip away.

Haru made his way down the road, grinning as the sun shined down on him. I wonder how much is changed...I wonder where everyone is? How is Holly? How is Kayla? Has Renato even gone outside of our room since I left? His grin grew at the possibility of returning to his long-lost home. The first thing he was going to do was call his parents. And then Holly. So much had changed about him while he was gone. His strength and athleticism had increased, as one would hope after what he's gone through. He was more serious than he once was, but don't worry. He was still the lovable goofball he once was. His beard had grown out, his hair had been cut, and his grin was even wider. Something that came with the rigors of the outside world.

Haru's grin finally reached both of his ears as he arrived on campus. Everything looked so...beautiful. The tall buildings, the students going about their business, the Pokemon prancing about. It was all beautiful. "Well," Haru sighed as he looked around, "I'm home."

The Raikou Yellow student made his way to the Raikou Dorm, first of all. He opened the door and found his room. He expected it to be in a messy, dilapidated state, just as he had left it, but it had seemed that Renato had cleaned up. Looks like home, alright. Haru set his backpack down on his bed and removed the old clothes, throwing them in the corner. And then he took a whiff."DEAR ARCEUS!" He groaned. "Do I really smell that bad?"
----
Thirty minutes and a phone call to his parents later, Haru was his old self. He had showered, shaved his face, called his parents, and put his good ol' khaki cargo shorts and black v-neck on, not in that particular order. And now he was ready to take on the world. He stepped outside of the dormitory and let out a soft, "I'm home."

Now he had to find Holly.

Years
Holly Amarosa and Kayla Makihatayama

"Chase, I'm fine. You don't have to come back here again."

"Really? Because from what Kayla's told us, you've been stalked and harassed, not eating or taking your medicine, and you're cranky. You've never been cranky before."

Holly scowled and hung up on her brother. She knew that it was childish, but she couldn't help it. Between Kayla following her around everywhere and her brother and sister constantly calling every five minutes, Holly felt that she had a right to be cranky. She wasn't a baby. Everyone didn't need to treat her like she was.

"Molly, you don't think I'm being unreasonable, do you?" Holly looked up at her Munna, who was floating around, looking like she was deep in thought. Molly sighed and gestured at the Xtransceiver on her trainer's wrist and gave her a pointed look. Holly crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at the Psychic-type.

"You're on their side? I'm fine. You guys worry too much. Why can't you be more relaxed like Shadow?" She turned to the Gastly and sighed when she couldn't find him. He had a bad habit of disappearing. At least he came back eventually, but she couldn't help but wonder where he went.

"There are no sides," Kayla said as she walked over to her cousin. "Holly, we're all worried about you. Why won't you listen to us?"

"You had no right to tell Amy and Chase about what I'm doing here. It's none of their business," Holly said angrily, glaring at Kayla. "If I'm having trouble, I'll tell them myself."

"Holly—"

"You always do that… Why can't you just mind your own business, Kayla? Don't you understand how annoying that is?"

"Excuse me for caring about you, you spoiled brat!" Kayla's eyes filled with tears as she looked at Holly. "You're worse than Satoshi! You're too stubborn to accept the fact that you need help! If you keep acting like this, you could end up dead! I bet that's probably what you want anyway, right?"

"You don't know what you're talking about," Holly said, narrowing her eyes at Kayla. "You don't know how hard it is for me—"

"I don't know anything because you won't talk to me!" Kayla groaned and wiped her tears away.

"This is hopeless. Come find me when you're not being a stubborn brat." Holly watched her walk away and sighed.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi:

Shadow watched as the battle continued. He started to become worried about the intensity of the fight with so many people around. None the less, he continued to take pictures. He took pictures of the spider webs raining down from the sky and covering the battlefield. He took a picture of the normal spiderwebs becoming electrowebs caused by the little spider tick like pokemon.

Back in Mistralton City, they would sometimes have problems with the spidertick pokemon due to being so close to the cave they lived in. Especially when it came to breeding season... other than psychic type pokemon, that was probably the scariest thing he had ever seen...

He continued to take picture here and there and then as the Ditto Dragonnite and the real Dragonite collided and started to form ball he became worried. He set his camera to take 20 quick fire photos in under 5 seconds because he knew what was coming. And was then a massive dragon type attack collided with the huge ice sphere and exploded. The crowd became silent, but as the blizzard struck everything and everyone, he could hear faint yells over the blizzard. The officals jumped into action, but not all of the ice shards had been removed. A giant ice spear the size of row boat launched toward him. Dalex quickly reacted jumping back. If there was one thing he learned in Mistralton, it was to ride with the winds. Most people fell around him, but he read then wind correctly and landed softly on his feet. Snow was flying at him and he was forced to use his arm to guard his eyes.

Treecko flew off Dalex's shoulder, but he was able to quickly react and grabbed treecko, and pulled him close to him to use his body as a shield.

As the winds started to settle down a little, one last big shard was heading toward a little boy who wasn't even able to have a pokemon yet and probably lived in Oak Town.

"Dang it! Kid move!" Dalex yelled, but the boy was paralyzed from fear.

Dalex was the only one who could possibly do anything due to being able to move better than most people around him. He had learned a lot about the winds from Ariane's Uncle and the Airport in his time in Mistralton. He quickly came up with a plan.

"Alright, Froakie come out! Use your frubbled to lasso the ice chunk! Bring it down slowly if you can!" Dalex said.

He knew pokemon were far stronger than humans in most cases, and he was positive that power of frubbles would stop the ice from slipping with its sticky nature. Froakie popped out of his pokeball and quickly formed a frubble rope and lassoed the ice. Treecko, able to read Dalex like a book, quickly reacted even in the know and tackled the kid away from the ice chunk. A split second after Treecko moved, Froakie brought the ice chunk down hard to the ground as it shattered like a boulder. Blindsided by an ice chunk, a big piece barged into Dalex arm, and sent him falling to the ground.

He could hear people running toward him as he shook of the daze that the ice had put him in. He tried to get up, but a hand went on his back.

"No, stay down. Let me check you first." The nurse said.

He was rolled over, looking up at a nurse as she checked his arm and side where the ice collided. Other people were starting to stand near him. Treecko and Froakie came to his shoulders. He laid there for a few minutes as the snow fell slowly down.

"Amazing, you have some very strong bones. If you weren't as athletic and toned as you are, you arm would be broken along with a few ribs. They are bruised, but they should be ok tomorrow if you rest. May I ask what dorm you are from, and your name?" The nurse asked.

"Dalex Yukashi. Entei Dorm." Dalex said.

"Noted, should I get a escort for you or will you be fine?"

"No I will walk and stand on my own if you don't mind. I have been through worst things than this." Dalex said.

The nurse nodded and she left him as she quickly went to check on others. Dalex got up with the help of a few strangers who thanked him for what he had done. After the crowd had settled, the little boy and his parents came over to Dalex.

"Thank you so much young man. You saved my son for me! Is there anything we can do?" The mother asked.

"No, it was a reward enough knowing that your boy is safe miss. And it was my pokemon not me." Dalex said.

"So young, but yet so grown up. You raised your pokemon well and therefore you are also the one who helped my son. Thank you young man." The father said.

As they thanked him and everyone else started to leave him alone, he looked around the battlefield, he though about taking more picture, but thought against it. He then heard the announcement that the battle had been called and that the group of Mark and Amber had won.

He looked down at his pokemon,"Thanks guys. I'll be ok, return and get some sleep. Tomorrow is a big day."

He returned both of his pokemon as he looked around at the power level of the battle, "I hope that I am this strong one day."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark and Ma-er, Valorie

Valorie retreated from the battlefield, making her way back inside. Even Mark's form was more comfortable than that... booger dragon. I mean honestly! She was having a hard time paying attention to the details when she was just so happy to have a humanoid body to stand in. She would only stop after she was a good distance away from the cheering of the battlefield, leaning upon a nearby wall to fume silently. She hadn't heard Mark at all.

Mark followed after Val to make sure she didn't go off too far. Thankfully he ended up finding him- er- her. Still in Mark's body. Awkward. "Val... there you are..." Mark said as he walked up to her. This was weird... talking to what was an exact copy of himself but he just had to remember that this was Valorie.

Valorie turned to address Mark, pouting at no one in particular. "What is it?" she asked, becoming frustrated with her appearance. Suddenly she dropped the guise, returning to the form of Goodra. "Shouldn't you be preparing for your next battle?" she went on rather lamely, pretending to be anything less than furious with the turn of events.

Mark shook his head. "Val I'm more concerned about everyone else then a battle. I'm hate that it turned out like that... That's not how I wanted to win." Mark said as he stepped closer to her. "Val I know your frustrated. If you want to let it out, then here I am. Vent it out on me." Mark said, clenching his fists and standing firm in front of her.

Valorie considered the offer for a moment, seeming to ponder something quietly. She leaned down, lowering her head to Mark's level. "...What I really want?" she began in a rather quiet tone. "Is two kick some Team Rocket butt and get my body back." she replied, a certain fury in her eyes. "Dang it, Mark. I know I could've won that. I'm sick of coming in second, and 'this' isn't helping." Valorie replied, choosing to take out her anger on Team Rocket for trapping her in a body that doesn't belong to her.

Mark looked down at her and back up. He could understand how upset she was being stuck in a Goodra. Not to mention being beaten by Mark. As great as it felt to be on top, it just wasn't right to win when she had such a disadvantage. "Val I want to get you back to normal just as baddly... all of you." Mark said, starring into Val's eyes. "I want to have my rival back to kick me to the curb every so often ya know?" Mark said with a smile.

Valorie's brow fidgetted. She went on to raise it in mild amusement. "...I can't be losing to you if I'm going to become world champion." she replied, leaning back. "Kinda... wish Selenne was here to support me in this, though." she remarked in an exasperated tone. "Uh--...Don't lose. I need to--I need to go. I'm done waiting for the academy to finish a solution." she replied, a tad somber in tone.

Mark frowned when Valorie mentioned Selene, getting a harsh reminder of that whole scene. "Val I can't have you going off on your own again. You nearly died last time!" Mark said. "If your going to get your body back then I'm going to help you out weither you like it or not!" Mark said.

Valorie was surprised to say the least, blinking several times in quick succession. "...A-Alright." she replied uncomfortably. "I don't think it's going to be cool though. I've... got a plan." she replied.

Mark held a stern expression on his face. "Lay it on me Val." Mark replied to her.

Valorie frowned, lowering her voice. "...I want to join Team Rocket." she replied, making quotation signs around the word 'join'. "Play along. Get some answers. Drop the act. Maybe teach them a lesson or two in the process." she mused aloud. "Think about it!" she went on, smirking at mark. "All I have to do is copy the appearance of a Rocket and have some fun." she went on.

Mark blinked at her for a moment. "I dunno Val... that seems like it could backfire really easily... what if you get involved in something big and end up, off island or something weird like that? What would that leave me doing?" Mark asked in worry.

Valorie shrugged gently. "...I guess you'd be the one to call for help!" she replied light-heartedly. "But I have to do this. I -can't- wait. Look at me Mark." she whined, gesturing to herself. "...I'm disgusting

Mark looked over the Goodra and back to Val's face. "Your still you in the end though Val. You might not have your good looks but you still have that burning passion to be the best trainer around." Mark said before giving off an awkward silence. "Uh... sorry didn't mean to word it like that. Heh." Mark said with a small laugh. "But you know what I mean. We'll get you and the others back to normal. But we can't just rush into the base like before. We need a proper strategy. Thankfully I'm your guy for that." Mark said with a wink.

Valorie squirmed where she stood, rather uncomfortable. "Mark..." she whispered, leaning a bit closer. "I'm not spending the rest of my life as a goodra!" she blurted out, her gooey fists trembling with fury intended for soft, vulnerable Rocket faces. She stood up. "S-So, just keep that in mind while making your plans okay? I don't want to be like this any longer." she went on.

"I understand Val. By the time we're finished you'll be back to your old self." Mark said. He actually had no idea what he was getting himself into here...he wanted to get Val back to normal but he didn't know where to begin. Disguising as a Rocket would probably be the best bet but he didn't know where to begin!

"I doubt joining Team Rocket would be a simple process... though if you took the place of another team rocket member then that would be alot easier I'd say. But you'd need to know their protocol beforehand..." Mark said as he rubbed his chin. "Guess I'd need to steal an outfit myself if I'm getting in on this."

Valorie considered the idea for a long moment. "...It can't be that hard, right?" she asked, considering the other's question for a moment. "Maybe all we have to do is spread some rumors and wait~" she remarked, a sly grin crossing her face. "Think about it. 'I hear there is some kids out by the docks looking for Team Rocket.'" she went on, nodding in satisfaction with her own master ruse.

Mark nodded. "That'd be a safe bet. They'd send a few folks down there and we take their identities... just a start to the plan anyways..." Mark said as he rubbed his chin. "I doubt they'd send folks from team rocket out or anything after what happened."

Valorie hesitated a moment. "What if we advertised ourselves as being away from the school? We could spread a rumor about heading to the old base we cleared out. I bet that'll get a reaction." she mused aloud, trying her best to consider what a Team Rocket thug might find interesting. "...We could tell them we've got important information on the whereabouts of Lance." she offered, nodding in satisfaction with her idea. Surely, the rockets were worried about him!

"Hrm.. I suppose..." Mark said, thinking about what could possibly go wrong. "I mean, its make sense to check out the old base... it'd need to be convincing though. This Team Rocket seems alot more organized." Mark continued to whisper.

Valorie frowned. "...What do you have in mind, Mark?" she asked, a tad bemused herself. An idea crept at the back of her mind, but she was a tad distracted at the moment.

Mark sat down against the wall, closing his eyes and going into deep thought. "...well... I have commodore. Any chance we could hack into them from my own dorm? Commodore is experienced in getting into data like that. He's stumbled upon all sorts of weird stuff in the past. Its how he evolved anyways." Mark explained.

Valorie raised her arms in a helpless shrug. What were computers, that nerd thing for uh... nerds? She had no idea how those things worked beyond using them for research. "Maybe!" she offered, not knowing any better."Don't you have a battle to get to though?" she finished, a tad concerned for the other.

Mark gasped. "Ah! Right!" Mark said as he looked back at the direction he came from. "Pretty sure the school would get in an uproar if someone just up and left and made the final match complicated..." Mark said before looking back to Val. He was worried she would up and just leave to go after team rocket on her own while he was battling. From previous experiences, she seemed to have a habit of getting herself into some form of bad luck.

Val moved to sit down nearby. "I guess I can wait for one more night, but that's it alright?" she offered light-heartedly with a wave of her hand. "Go win. Don't you dare make me look bad for losing to you." she went on to remark, smirking slightly.

Mark gave a small laugh at that. "Heh, hey I'll dominate the competition! After this we'll focus right on getting your body back Val! Promise!" Mark said with a wide grin.

Valorie smiled, but did not reply. She was already busy drifting off into a dreamland, probably revolving around punching a certain Rocket. Hopefully no one would ask why she was loitering in the hall.

Mark blinked at the silent smile but nodded back. "...Don't you go thinking about wandering off or anything~ I wanna get back at these guys as much as you do." Mark commented as he turned around and started heading back to the battlefield.

Years
Holly Amarosa

"I don't know what to do, Molly. Everyone's mad at me…" Holly sighed and ran a hand through her hair. I wish I hadn't made Kayla leave, but I couldn't help it… She wasn't even trying to listen to me… She scowled and scratched at her wrists angrily. She shouldn't have let Amy get rid of her knife. She needed to cut now more than ever.

Holly looked up as her Gastly materialized out of nowhere and smiled weakly at him. She knew that he probably didn't understand anything that was going on, or why she was feeling so sad.

"Shadow, do you think… Do you think I'm a bad person?" The Gastly frowned and shook his head.

Holly sighed and looked between her Pokemon. She couldn't help but feel that everyone was against her in one way or another. She frowned as Blaze, who was lying on the ground near the bench, whimpered. He could probably sense her sadness.

"I am a bad person, you know… I don't know why you wanted to be friends with me…" Holly glared down at her wrists as she scratched at them and smiled when they started to bleed. She almost wished that she wasn't so numb to the pain, but she was so used to it that she didn't feel anything anymore.

She looked at her Xtransceiver, which was sitting on the bench next to her, and threw it at a tree, watching numbly as it broke. Now they can't bother me anymore…

Kayla Makihatayama

"I can't believe that Holly's being so stupid! Why won't she just listen to us?" Kayla was fuming as she talked to her brother on her Xtransceiver and paced outside the Suicune dorms angrily.

"Kayla, maybe getting angry isn't the best thing to do right now. Have you tried talking to her calmly?"

"Of course I did! And then she made me mad, so I got mad…And I kind of called her a spoiled brat…"

"Kayla…" Satoshi groaned and shook his head. Kayla glared down at him and huffed angrily as she crossed her arms. He shouldn't be judging her. If he was in her shoes, he would have lost his temper with Holly, too. He had an even shorter temper than Kayla did, after all.

"Don't talk like that, Toshi… She wasn't listening to me! What did you want me to do? I don't know how to talk to her…"

"Did you think about how your words might affect her? Amy told me that she had gotten rid of Holly's knife, but there's no telling if she had another one. You need to apologize to her before she does something."

"I'm not apologizing until she realizes that she's being selfish. Talk to you later, Toshi." Kayla hung up on her brother and sighed. I'm not wrong, she thought, pulling a piece of candy out of her bag. And Holly will realize that she's being stupid eventually.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper - Ain't That A Kick In The Head

Sammy came to her senses what seemed like six months after the ice explosion, groaning as she pushed herself up from the cot in the nurses station. Her head was throbbing and the fluorescent lights seemed like they were trying to burn her eyes out. What the hell happened? The last thing she remembered was Valories Dragonite and Marks Ditto-as-Dragonite firing Ice Beams at each oth-... oh yeah. That hadn't gone very well, now she remembered... a jolt of panic hit her as her hand snapped to her belt - where were her pokeballs!?

"Hey..." She croaked before clearing her throat, "Hey! Someone!"
A pretty young woman in a nurses outfit sporting styled pink hair pulled back a curtain surrounding Sammy's cot, her perfectly maintained eyebrows arching. "Well, you're a stubborn one aren't you? I thought you'd be out until morning. Now stop your hollering and lie back down.
"What happened? Where are my Pokemon?" Sammy demanded.
"You had a nasty fall and hit your head, but I think you somehow escaped without a concussion - hard headed no doubt. Your Pokemon are fine and have received treatment, all your Pokeballs are safe at my desk. Now please, lie down. You were incredibly lucky, but I'd still prefer to keep you here a while longer."
"Oh... good. Hey, wait," She sat up straighter, dread filling her gut, "What happened with the match?"
The nurse pursed her lips, then softened her expression sympathetically. "After you fell it was determined you weren't fit to continue. I'm afraid your opponents won by default."

The dread in her stomach twisted itself around until it was a disappointment more painful than her head. She lost again... and by a knockout to her, not even her Pokemon. This was the worst feeling in the world... until she realised that she must have cost Valorie the match too, then it got a whole lot worse. Valorie was going to kill her and she had every right to, how could Sammy embarrass herself like this? And all because she lost her footing? She'd grown up on ships, she trained as a boxer, her balance was nearly perfect! She looked down at the fancy outfit she'd dolled herself up in. Her styled, if mussed, hair fell forward across her face. She'd focused so much on looking good, on playing the part of the perfect trainer like Cynthia, that she was too distracted to even keep her feet planted firmly on the ground. She felt as though she'd lost her foundation, personally as well as physically. This wasn't her. Trying to be some classy attractive lady... pathetic.

"Do I have to stay? Can I leave?" She muttered.
"I... can't keep you here if you don't want to stay. But I really think you should."
"No. Thank you, I'd like to go."
"I know you must be frustrated, but -"
"Could I just have my pokeballs please?"

The nurse stood there for a moment, not sure what else she could say to the dejected girl, before turning and walking away. Sammy stood up slowly, cautious of the pain pulsing through her skull. She'd been knocked around before and knew how to handle pain, but that didn't make it anymore pleasant. The nurse returned with a glass of water and a pair of painkillers she insisted Sammy take before she could go, which was one concession she was all too happy to make. While she knocked back the pills and washed them down the nurse retrieved her pokeballs and the case containing her egg.. Clipping them back to her belt Sammy cradled the egg case in her arms before sighing and leaving the nurses station, stepping into the Academy halls. They were empty, it seemed like everyone was probably still at the tournament... the thought of it only made her feel worse. She had been so convinced that today was going to be the day she reinvented herself as the perfect Pokemon Trainer. Assured, attractive, witty... but she wasn't any of those things, was she?

She started walking back towards her dorm. The thought of having to face Mark - smug that he had won... Amber - crowing over her victory... and Valorie, disgusted with Sammy as a failure... she couldn't bear going back to see the end of the tournament she'd told everyone she was going to win. Maybe tomorrow would be better, but right now it sure didn't feel like it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi: The Longest Day

Dalex waited for a long time for the battles to continue. He finally gave up on waiting. It was dark now. And he was starting to get annoyed with the pain he had suffered. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do now. He couldn't even remember most of the day, it felt so long.

He remembered that he arrived mid morning, got to his dorm, went to the mountains, took a few pictures, battled a Rufflet, saved who he thinks is a childhood friend who slammed the door on his face when he tried to return her book, he picked berries for macaroons, he sprang his ankle to where he couldn't run very fast, He caught a Hawlucha and Shinx, but he had sent them to his parents, and he saved a little kid from getting his by ice. Yet he still hadn't received his classes. He also had a job that he wished he hadn't taken. He might just return the camera and everything else, to start fresh.

He started to walk back to the dorm so that he could cook the macaroons. He caught a glimpse of someone coming out of the doctor room. As he watched her walk in the same direction he was going, he realized it was one of the girls in the battle. That had ended with him getting hurt as well as a few others.

She looked about his age... maybe slightly older, but she was beautiful to him. He was slightly worried about her. She had been knocked out during the iceplosion. He didn't know how she was able to walk. He thought about approaching her, but decided to follow like everyone else who was constantly going back and forth between the dorms and arenas. His caring nature wanted to make sure she got back to the dorm safely, but he knew it was dangerous as well... especially if he was caught. She looked pretty tough. However both of them were injured and probably tired. He decided if he was caught, he would explain to her that he just wanted to make sure she had gotten back to the dorm after seeing the battles. It would suck if they were both in the same dorm though... then again, it could also be an advantage. An excuse to tell her that was the truth, that both were in the same dorms and he was simply heading back. Then he would be able to cover up the fact that he was worried about a stranger.

Dawn

Years
Professor Gary Oak and Mark Willson - Battlefield 7 (End of Day)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark had to keep the show on the road... even though Sammy was injured and Amber had practicly forfit the match due to what happened, that left Mark the winner by default. He didn't feel satisfied at all. All that was left was Gary Oak himself... this would actually be his second time battling him. This time however, he was in it to win. And he knew about that fancy Mega Evoltion stuff coming up. Mark could say he was prepared for any surprises that the Professor had up his sleeve. He was determined to go all in and win this.

...The wind began to howl, or was it a pokemon? The sound drowned out the stadium, which fell silent as everyone tried to figure out what was going on. A large pokemon leapt from one of the entrances to the arena, it's muzzle spilling flames forth. A half dozen times, it spat flames to defrost the arena and light it up a bit. The figure of an arcanine became clear as the flames lit up the now dim arena.

Nearby, a figure with distinctly wild hair made his way onto the battlefield. A series of spotlights turned on, illuminating the playing field. Across from Mark stood 'The' Professor Oak. "...Say, I thought there was something familiar about you." he remarked in amusement, seeming to analyze Mark from a distance. "If you got this far, it must mean you're a lot stronger than last time we battled. Have you revised your team, or simply pushed the team you had to new limits?" he mused aloud, though he did not wait for an answer. He chuckled aloud. "On a real battlefield, your opponent won't hold back. That's why tonight I'm going to give it my all, in hopes that you learn a thing or two! Think you can handle it?" he asked, giving Mark a knowing look. His arcanine barked, seeming to challenge Mark excitedly.

Mark gave off a wide grin toward Professor Oak. The atmosphere of the arena just made him more excited to show off everything he had trained for to the whole school! And on top of that, the head of the school himself! Mark reached down to his belt and quickly pulled out a Pokeball. "Handle it? Hah! I've been training since the begining for this moment! A student from the Raikou Dorm, taking the tournament by storm and facing Professor Oak himself! I'd say I'm more then ready to take you on!" Mark replied. The smart thing to do here would be sending out Len for the easy type advantage over Arcanine... of course, just going for a simple type advantage wasn't going to be enough. It was his best choice to start off with for now.

"Alright Len! let's go!" Mark shouted out. Len quickly bursted out of the ball and landed on the ground, flexing both of his arms proudly. His team was just as pumped up as Mark was! Len pointed toward the Arcanine, and then straight down to the floor. Just a small taunt for the competition!

Profesor Oak analyzed Len for a moment, snapping his fingers. "A water type, huh? Y'know, fighting in the dark doesn't work to my advantage here. Let's see how you work with this!" he remarked. "Arcanine, use Sunny Day!" he commanded. Impossibly, the sky seemed to brighten as daylight flooded back into the arena, an artificial sun brigthening the immediate area. Arcanine basked in the heat, almost seeming to pose for the audience.

"Course... I should have expected you'd have a way to deal with the water." Mark said, wiping his brow from the sudden increase in temperture. Mark didn't have time to stall with Belly Drum right now. For all he knew, this Arcanine would be packing Solarbeam or something powerful that benefits from the sun. "Let's take the offensive Len! Body Slam!" He called out. Len quickly dashed forward and lept toward the Arcanine belly first to slam right into it!

Professor Oak's arcanine seemed to stand perfectly still. No attempt was made to dodge. Judging by the calm way in which he watched, it was a deliberate move. Arcanine recoiled slightly as it took the attack, sliding back under Poliwhirl's weight... And yet, the legendary pokemon appeared unfazed. Arcanine responded by lifting Len off the ground. "...Huh. Looks like your poliwhirl's having an off day." Professor Oak remarked, clearly unimpressed by the display. "Is that all?" he went on to ask. His arcanine whipped it's head, tossing Len off of it in a casual manner. "Try that again." Professor Oak added, folding his arms.

"Heh... well since you asked! Ok Len! Let's do this the right way! Belly Drum!" Mark called out. Len stood firmly on its feet and gave himself a firm pat on the belly, effectively decreasing his health down by about half... normally that would be it... but Mark decided to change his tactics up this time. Rather then a Lum Berry, Mark gave Len a Sitrus Berry beforehand to properly get it back into good condition. Len's attack was completely Maximized now! Full Power and ready to go!

Professor Oak observed the tactic calmly. His brow furrowed slightly at Mark's choice of berry. "...Interesting. Now it's time for my first piece of advice." he exclaimed. "...Arcanine, Will-o-Wisp!" he called out. The legendary pokemon took a deep breath and spit a blast of intense heat at Len, a dark fire washing over the poliwhirl and leaving the pokemon with burns all over his body.

"Using that tactic against a fire type pokemon is a dangerous gambit. You'd do better to save a trick like that for when you're already have the advantage!" he remarked.

Mark simply crossed his arms as Len took the burn at full force. "My old strategy involved using a Lum Berry. However I found out that it just left Len wide open for another attack afterwards... a powerful enough move would knock Len out cold before he could even continue!" Mark explained. "As for the burn... I've thought ahead for that! Len! Use Rest!" Mark shouted. Len continued standing on its two feet but would head fast to sleep... both healing its health as well as curing that pesky burn that was just inflicted. The two were at even ground once more... besides Len's maximized attack power.

Professor Oak turned his head at the scene, watching for a moment. "...Alright. Let's see if your poliwhirl can take hits better than he can dish them out then!" he remarked. "Arcanine, Solarbeam!" Professor Oak called out. Arcanine turned his head to the artificial sky and let out a mournful growl, a beam of intense solar energy forming at the base of his snout. The legendary pokemon them emitted a howl that shook the stadium, the blast of energy errupting outwards and ripping apart the ground as it threatened to put Len through the wall!

"L-Len! Sleep Ta-" But before Mark could even throw out the command, he was already blasted by the extremely Powerful Solar Beam. Surely Gary was threatened by the action! A strong enough Brick Break would do sizable damage to this Pokemon for sure! But Mark wasn't about to find out anytime soon. Len took the super effective attack and was blasted right into the wall behind Mark. "Good Job Len... Return." Mark said. Once Len was absorbed back into his ball, Mark looked over his options once more. Blast it! None of his Pokemon were going to survive a Solar Beam Like that! The level difference was too high... but Mark didn't want to give up now! Not after all of that smug talk he made earlier. "Commodore! Your turn!" Mark shouted as he sent his Porygon Z out into battle. He had to remain confident...! The Porygon Z scanned over the Arcanine as its eyes gave off a small shine. It seemed to be downloading several forms of data about his opponent.

"Alright Commodore, all out! Tri Attack!" Commodore locked onto the Arcanine. With its ability, Tri attack would be twice as powerful and top of his already boosted power. Commodore fired the attack head on! If this didn't do damage then Mark wasn't sure what would. Commodore was his biggest power house.

Gary's Arcanine once again stood perfectly still, Mark's opponent seeming more interested in seeing what he could do than maintaining any semblance of a competitive advantage. This time the attack hit hard. Arcanine attempted to stand his ground, but was forced back into the wall with a loud crash. The crowf gasped at the raw display of power... More than that, when the energy dissipated Arcanine was revealed to be frozen solid! The headmaster turned his gaze over his shoulder, observing hte aftermath.

"...Arcanine, return!" he called out as the loudspeakers announced Arcanine was no longer able to battle.

"I have to admit, I was starting to worry you couldn't rise to the challenge. You're starting to show the kind of strength you'll need to take on the world. Bring attacks like that to the pokemon league in any region and you'll see results." Professor Oak mused aloud, producing a new pokeball. "Let's see how you deal with a different type of foe! Scizor, on the field!" he called out, tossing his pokeball to reveal a rather tough looking scizor.

Mark managed to defeat the Professors Arcanine. Even if luck was on his side, Commodores Power wasn't something to scoff at. The steel typing would make it difficult for Commodore to just simply break through but he had attacks to deal with this sort of thing. Trick room would be uncessesary. Scizors weren't all that fast to begin with. Tri Attack would no doubt still leave a dent in Scizor, just not as baddly as it would normally. Ice and Signal beam wouldn't do him much better though. Despite his achivements, he had alot to learn still. He had to be confident in Commodores sheer power. "Another Tri Attack Commodore!" Mark called out. Commodore's head twitched around a bit and shot off another powerful Tri Attack toward the Scizor.

The intensely powerful attack shot through the air, further illuminating the dimly lit stage as the artificial sunlight faded away. blasts of energy slammed into Scizor they seemed to consume hm, obscuring him from vision. For a moment it seemed as if the blast would send Scizor flying as it had arcanine, and yet such a moment ... never came to pass. The energy was scattered by Scizor's body, the pokemon standing it's ground against the mighty attack. When all the energy had dissipated, Scizor was looking pretty good. Smoke rose from his body, but it did not seem to faze him. "...When you're training your pokemon, you have to think about how you're going to compensate for their weaknesses. Scizor, Swords Dance!" Professor Oak remarked. Scizor began performing a wild 'dance' like maneuver, where in a shocking display of speed it began circling Commodore threatening. Perhaps Mark shouldn't have underestimated the pokemon's speed... "For example. Scizor isn't the fastest pokemon around, but that doesn't mean I'm going to rely on him always being able to take the hit does it? Scizor, follow up with Bullet Punch!" Professor Oak commanded.

From the rather dodgy, frantic shifting dance lunged a scizor moving at impossible speeds. He kicked up a wave of dirt as he lunged out and struck Commodore in the body with a strike that caused even the audience to flinch. A loud crack was heard, not unlike a tiny explosion going off at the site of impact.

Commodore was hit directly by the Bullet Punch. Not even Tri Attack left a dent! Being a Steel Type would certaintly do that... Mark didn't even have a safe means to switch in to have Snype to the job. Unless... Mark had to at least make a proper opening for himelf. This Scizor would outspeed his next pokemon without a doubt and Commodore wasn't going to do too much to Scizor on his own... that just left him with one option. "Commodore! Trick Room!" Mark called out. The Porygon's eyes gave off a small shine and suddenly, the two combatants would be surrounded by a wire frame box. The area inside would become totally distorted and reverse the speed difference between the two. He had to at least try going out with a bang when Snype came out.

Professor Oak hesitated a moment, weighing the possibilities of what Mark might have in mind using that sort of move. One could see a look of recognition on his face. He wasn't oblivious to what was going on, and yet...

Well, he didn't have a good answer to it!

"So that's how it is, huh?" he wound up asking. "Don't let me down now, Mark. Show me what your pokemon can do in a battlefield like this!" he challenged. "Scizor, use Steel Wing!" he commanded. The pincer pokemon lunged forward, his insectoid wings taking on a rather tough metal sheen as he moved to finish Commodore off.

Commodore was of course finished right off by the Steel Wing. The Porygon seemed to look confident though having set up the playing field properly for Marks next Pokemon. "Good job Commodore. Return." Mark said as Commodore was absorbed back into his ball. "Alright. All or nothing here. Wouldn't feel right to leave you out of this right? Go Snype!" Mark said. From the ball, his Sableye would emerge into battle, showing off that big toothy grin of his. He was quite the underdog in this matchup but he wasn't about to let that stop him! The Sableye seemed to have his Mega Stone on his person as well... despite there being no effect.

"I realized how much of an underdog I am in this fight... Sacrificing Commodore was a means to even the playing field for my next fighter. Snype! Will-o-wisp!" Mark called out. Even if he were to be countered by somethign like Bullet Punch, Snype was guarenteed to go first either way. This would at least make the Sableye's life a little easier!

Scizor was assaulted by spectral flames, the pincer pokemon flinching as the flames scarred his body. "You can take the heat, right Scizor?" Profesor Oak asked rhetorically. Scizor stepped forward, challenging Snype with his presence. "Scizor, let's see how much 'Snype' can take with your bullet punch!" Profesor Oak commanded. Scizor flew forward, but his body semed to twist through space, drastically slowing his approach as he lunged to strike Snype head on.

The punch was moving much slower now thanks to trick room. The once previously quick attack was now moving just a slow as a normal tackle. It still didn't make it any easier to predict though. Time and Space wasn't exactly something you could see through. Snype would be hit head on by the Bullet Punch but seemed to take the hit fairly well thanks to Will-o-wisp. "That's it Snype! Don't let him intimidate you! We've seen way worse before! Let's shoot that force right back at him! Foul Play!" Mark called out. Snype would make a dash straight toward the Scizor. Snype hand would begin to form a dark aura around it as he moved in closer. Once the Sableye was in range, he went for a powerful jab to the stomach!

Scizor was struck! The blow seemed to cave in his carapace slightly, a crushing blow to be sure. The pincer pokemon shifted and stumbled, collapsing. It would take Professor Oak a moment to properly analyze what had just happened. "...That was unexpected." he mused aloud. "A sableye is always a wild card when they appear, but now that I know what yours is all about..." he went on to say, producing his third and final pokeball. "Magmar, I choose you!"

A magmar emerged onto the field, casually spitting fire into the air. "Perhaps if you'd been able to wait a little longer before revealing Snype, you might've wound up in a much better position. A move like Scald or Toxic would work better for the role you're trying to make your poliwhirl fill." Professor Oak explained. "Belly Drum might take a couple of opponents off-guard, but it will let you down more often than not. It's good to have a backup strategy for when you don't have a good opportunity to use it." the headmaster finished.

Mark crossed his arms and listened to Professor Oak's advice. He certaintly wasn't wrong. Belly Drum was far too risky for Len lately... Scald would definately be a good alternative for him. "You are right... my whole strategy around Len focuses entirely on Belly Drum. Though without a fast move like Bullet punch that's hard to take advantage of... its pretty difficult huh?" Mark mused. "Well something to fix up after our battle right? I'm here to learn after all. If I'm one shoting most of your mon I gotta be on the right path huh?" Mark said with a small laugh. Snype crossed his arms and showed that big toothy grin of his, giving off a small glimmer in his eye.

Professor Oak raised an eyebrow at the notion of his pokemon having been taken out in a single shot... but declined to mention this as he responded. "It's your strategy that has carried you this far. With a bit more training, you might be able to stand up to some of the best trainers in the world." he explained. "I'm a little bit surprised you aren't in suicune dorm." he went on to muse aloud. "Perhaps the entrance tests aren't as accurate as they could be. Regardless, it's time to finish this!" Professor Oak went on, pointing towards Snype. "Magmar, Flame Burst!" he called out. Magmar's cheeks puffed out, and the spitfire pokemon demonstrated it's namesake by spitting a blob of explosive fiery chemicals at Snype.

Snype's eye gave off a small shine. Without a command, Snype seemed to use Detect to see the next move coming ahead of time, Snype quickly dodge through the blobs being fired at him and moved in closer. "Take em down Snype! Foul Play!" Mark called out. It was his best move while trick room was active. Snype approached the Magmar and attacked once more! This time aiming to punch him straight in the face!

The attack struck hard, Magmar's fiery body singing Snype in response. The spitefire pokemon seemed to take the hit better than scizor did, doubling over so that his face was at Snype's height. "Magmar. retaliate with heat wave!" Professor Oak commanded. Magma's cheeks bulged outwards again as they filled with energy. The spitfire pokemon proceeded to blow a scorching gust of superheated air at Snype.

Snype indeed felt the heat as the burst of fire sent Snype flying back from the intense heat. "Comon Snype hang in there!" Mark called out. However the Sableye was unable to get up from the sheer power of the attack, alongside the level difference. The battle was set. "Ah... Snype... heh... good job buddy." Mark said as he returned the Sableye back to his ball. He honestly figured he was going to be taken down but he never expected his tactics to take him this far into the battle. He looked up at Professor Oak, wondering how he'd respond.

Professor Oak, in turn, seemed to watch Mark expectantly. "...Close!" he remarked. "Keep working hard like that and maybe we'll have another rematch." he went on, scrutinizing Mark. Mark appeared to have earned some level of respect from 'the' Gary Oak. Why, in no time at all Mark would doubtlessly be driving his own fancy car around the island complete with an obsessive crowd of fans at his beck and heel!

Mark looked back up at Gary with a confident grin. "Looking forward to it. Gotta day though... A bit disappointed I didn't get to see your pokemon mega evolve again." Mark said, wanting to be outright honest. "I have one of those stones and wanted to learn how to let Snype reach that kind of form..."

Professor Oak hesitated. "...Never use the same trick against the same opponent twice in a row." he replied, his tone somewhere between thoughtfulness and amusement. "Perhaps it's time that you were put in our Mega Evolutions class." he went on to speculate. The so called 'class' was in truth more of a tutoring program. There were far too little students who even qualified for such an advanced topic. There was a good chance it would just be Mark and the teacher. "It's taught by Korrina, and she's always eager to meet someone with potential."

"In that case ill start first thing tommorow." Mark said confidently. "Once I apply your advice and change things up I'd love a rematch." Mark said. The thought of learning mega evolution got Mark more and more excited. He figured its give him an edge against the rest of the island. Especially the rockets.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crowds began to dissipate. It had been a long day and the tournament had taken everyone a bit longer than they'd normally be staying up to finish. An entire day's worth of new experiences awaited on the morning. Today was at an end.

(End IC Day)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Begin IC Day)

So began the dawn of a very special day. The island, save perhaps the volcano, was coated in a thick layer of snow and ice. Temperatures were wickedly cold. Even the swamp area was mostly frozen over. The warm glow of festive lights decorated the academy, liberally applied overnight without a single person managing to catch whoever was doing it. Magic, perhaps!?

Perhaps most impressive of all was the enormous tree in every dorm room, piled high with presents for every single student and teacher. Or rather... it would have been, if all the presents didn't turn out to be fakes.

The intercom came to life with a bit of static.

"Eeheeheehee!~" a man's voice giggled.

"Hey boid brain! We're live!" another boy's voice scolded.

"Give me that!" a woman's voice chimed in, some vague sounds of disappointment following in the background. She cleared her throat before continuing in a condescending tone. "Good morning twerps and twerpettes!~" she announced.

Elsewhere, Gary Oak's eyes narrowed. It was hard not to recognize the voice of those losers. He just sort of peaked out of his personal office into the main office, only to find that the announcement was actually a pre-recorded message. ...Oh.

"You see, as much as we love coal..." Jessie began, only to be interrupted.

"We was tired a' Santa pullin' a fast one on us!" Meowth blurted out.

"That's right!" James chimed in.

"So this year we decided we've decided to treat ourselves to all your presents~" Jessie continued.

"And if ya' want 'em back, you'll have to find all our secret stashes!" Meowth gloated. The sound of someone quickly covering his mouth was heard.

"Knock it off, Meowth!" Jessie scolded. A scuffle could be heard, lasting several very long moments.

"...So what now?" James asked rather light-heartedly. There was a long pose.

"Let's send them off with a song~" Jessie replied

"Ooh!~" James blurted out giddily.

The trio then began to sing a Christmas Carol. Professor Oak just sort of facepalmed. He couldn't help but feel they were making fun of him a little at this point.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi: His Dorm Room

Dalex heard his alarm go off on his C-Gear that he more on his wrist. He stirred not want to get out of bed. He turn over and put his pillow over his head.

'Treecko!' Treecko's voice echoed. Suddenly, Dalex flew off the bed and on to the floor. He quickly jumped from his spot on the floor. Only to be face with Treecko looking at him, arms crossed, shaking his head.

"Really Treecko!" Dalex growled and then the sweet chocolaty smell of hot coco filled his nostrils.

"Hmm... something smells nice." Dalex said, standing up from the floor. He looked up at the table and saw all of his pokemon circling a glass. Fletchling was using fire to warm up a cup. Treecko ran over to the others and pulled a package out and poured powder into the cup, Fletchling was warming. Froakie was watching the water.

'Froakie!' Froakie yelled, putting one of its hands in the air. It was then Rufflet threw in three plump marshmallows into the cup. The for pokemon started to spin it around as if to stir the content together.

Dalex walked over to the table and looked down at the cup, it was a cup of hot coco and had three marshmallows in it. The four pokemon looked up and smiled.

"For me?" Dalex asked.

'Treecko!'
'Ruf!'
'Froakie froak!'
'Fletch!'
His pokemon nodded.

Dalex smiled and picked up the cup. He blew on it a few times and took a sip. His mouth exploded with flavor. It wasn't too hot and it mixed perfectly.

"Wow! This is amazing guys! Thank you." Dalex said.

He took a sit near his pokemon and looked out his window. Out toward the Lugia Dorm and then at Suicune Dorm. He wasn't sure how many days had passed since his arrival, but he thought it had been two or three. He hadn't talked to who he thought was Ariane anymore since the night she slammed the door on his face. With it being Christmas and there not being any classes, this would be the perfect day. He wasn't sure if he had to work at the 'Odds and Ends' store today or not. He hadn't been since he arrived because he was told by one of the nurses that he wasn't allowed to walk on his ankle more than needed. Not to mention he had been slammed by a chunk of the ice in the same night.

He had followed the girl named Sammy home the night of the tournament, to make sure she got to her dorm ok. He was sure she had, and then he fell asleep. As soon as he hit the pillow.

"Man... this is the first Christmas I have ever been away from home... It feels odd... I don't know anyone other than my pokemon. Ariane might be here, but I am not sure she even remembers me..." He muttered to himself.

He made his pokemon some food after he finished his cup of hot coco that his pokemon, even Rufflet, had made for him while he slept. And they done one heck of a job. He walked to the window and looked out more. He could tell that the temperature were frigid.

"Well today is going to suck.... Even though I am from Mistralton City... I have lived in Hoenn for the last nine years in Hoenn..." He said, dropping the curtains.

He returned his pokemon to their pokeballs, and put on his black coat and warm clothing. Luckily, the coat had a hood on it, so it would keep his neck and ears warm. He put his camera around his neck. He put his bag on his shoulder and his pokeballs at his waist. He kept pokeballs attached to the inside of his bag. His TM's were in a case, which is was no longer sure which each of them were. He just knew that each of them were disks that he could put in his laptop, and ways to train to learn it would appear.

He took the TM case and laptop out of his bag, making the bag lighter. He knew that he could always come back or wait to do anything with them. He checked to make sure he had everything and walked out into the hall of the dorm. It seemed like he was the first one up. Which was a surprise with today being Christmas. He locked his door and put the key card into his bag.

"First things first, I need to get something to eat and then I will head to Oak Town to make sure I don't have to work today. Then I will ask around to see if I can catch Ariane." Dalex said, walking down the steps.

Ariane Dracon: Her Dorm Room

Ariane had been ready before the sun had even risen. She was excited about today. She wanted to explore the island and head into Oak Town to get some drawing paper. She wasn't sure why she was so happy today. The group of stalkers that normally would follow her, hadn't messed with her in a while. She wasn't sure why. Their pattern had never broken before, maybe they had finally lost interest in her? She had always loved Christmas if she was with her Uncle.

She was drinking hot coco that she had learned to make from her uncle. She remembered that every Christmas when she was in Mistralton, her and her uncle would go out in the woods and give berries to wild pokemon. Two of the years, Dalex and his family had joined them, before they moved away. She loved those memories with all her heart. She had decided that if she ever seen Dalex again, she would try to get over her trust issues of boys. She was sure that if anyone could help her regain faith in men, it was him and her uncle. She hated men, but she started to wonder if that hate was actually fear.

Her stomach growled and she smiled.

"I guess I should get something to eat before going into Oak Town." She said to herself, walking out and locking her door.

Lunalie

Years
Emma Wolf: Entrance Exams
587MS.png
131MS.png

"Go Scout, Nina! I'm counting on you!" Emma calls out, throwing both an odd looking green ball and a sleek looking black ball from the side of the field, from the balls appear an Emolga and Lapras respectively.

"Hm, That Lapras you have there is a rather rare Pokemon, Lets see how much you know about her. Go Herdier!" The exam's proctor shouts, throwing two standard pokeballs, a Herdier appearing from each one.

"Alright, As you know this is your house placement tests. Your score will not be dictated by whether you win this battle or not but rather your performance. You will be judged based on your knowledge of your own Pokemon and of my own. Are there any questions?"

"No sir!" She shouted back, somewhat stressed out by the formality of the situation. Pressing a button on her watch some upbeat music starts playing through a single earbud in her left ear as an attempt to calm her nerves.

"In that case let the battle commence!" he shouted pressing a button on a device of his own, a loud starting buzzer rang through the stadium officially starting the match.

"Alright Scout, use thunderbolt against the left Herdier!" Emma calls out, knowing her Emolga is fast enough to take the initiative. Scout wasting no time to respond unload a large stream of electricity from his cheeks directly at the Herdier, delivering a solid blow and left it recoiling a bit.

"Herdier, attack the Lapras with Feint Attack!" he commanded, The unattacked Herdier charging forward with a claw out striking Nina head on. Despite the solid attack she stayed well composed. Nina swinging her head back managed to stare the Canine Pokemon quickly into a defensive position.

"Without names I wonder how his Pokemon can tell who he's referring to?" Emma wondered to herself, her previous Anxiety completely gone in the heat of battle. "Alright Nina I need you to give me a shock wave!" Nina, whipping her head forward again sends out a large stream of electricity in front of her, striking each other Pokemon on the field with her attack.

The Herdier in front of Nina seemed to recoil the most from that attack. It's form flickering a few times before finally settling again on a darker almost feline looking Pokemon, The Zorua's illusion being broken by the attack. Scout on the other hand seemed to absorb his fair share of the attack, the electricity surging into his cheeks as he glided around his opponent.

"That's a nice little trick you have there" The Proctor complements from across the field "Let see if you have any more up your sleeve, Herdier use Take Down!" This time, the real Herdier charged forward towards Nina, Delivering a brutal slam to the base of her body before crippling backwards, suffering damage from its own attack.

"Alright Scout, give that fox a dose of some of that electricity you just stored!" Emma shouted, hiding the fact that she has no idea what the name of that Pokemon is. Scout, Understanding her command, Unleashed another thunderbolt towards the Zorua, charging the attack somehow even faster than the first time around delivering yet another solid hit against his new target.

"It will take a bit more than that... Zorua use fury swipes right back at the Emolga!" The foxlike Pokemon made no hesitation in pouncing on Scout. Struggling to break free, he ended up taking quite a few claw attacks before getting away and retreating back into the air. The Zorua rather sluggish to get back on it's own feet after its attack.

"Nina, One more shock wave to finish them off! Don't hold back!" In the same motion as before, Nina unleashes another powerful wave of electricity from the horn on her head across the battlefield. Striking the weakened Pokemon yet again, finally knocking the both of them out.

"Alright the both of you, Return!" The proctor calls returning his downed Pokemon with a whip of red light back to their pokeballs. "I'll admit, You have a decent strategy there, but I'll warn you that will not work against my last Pokemon, Go slaking!" He calls again, throwing a third standard pokeball and revealing a large ape looking pokemon.

"Don't worry, I have no plans on disappointing you! Scout, Use air slash!" Scout, now faster than ever after receiving two shock waves, beats its wings and sends a powerful, sharp air current towards the Slacking. Despite scoring a direct hit however it did little to phase the large Pokemon.

"Slaking, avenge your comrades and use retaliate against that Lapras!" The slacking Slowly raises it' arm up and with a quick snap, lunges forward with great speed towards Nina, striking her and sending her recoiling across the field, taking her down handily with the mighty blow.

"Nina!" Emma called out in panic, Not expecting her to go down in a single blow after how little damage she took previously. "How powerful is that thing..." She mumble to herself, unsure of what's coming up next.

"You seem surprised." The proctor taunts, keeping a firm composure despite having a smug tone to his voice. "Don't worry though, Slaking here is a very generous Pokemon, granting it's opponent some extra time before its next attack." He says as Slacking, yawns and dims his eyes.

"It just looks tired to me..." Emma again mumbles under her breath "If that's the case all we need to do is make sure it doesn't attack again, Scout, use Nuzzle!" She shouts as the Emolga flies down towards Slacking, Rubbing it's red cheeks against him and sending a precise electric shock through Slaking's body.

"It's a bit too late for that strategy" The proctor taunts again as the slaking starts chewing on a berry it had hiding in it's hand. "You were planning on paralyzing slacking here and using air slash, hoping to delay slacking's attack long enough to take him down weren't you? I'm impressed but you should have planned for the Berry. Slacking! Finish it off with another Retaliate!"

"Scout! Ion Deluge!" She called out quickly. As the slacking is raising it's arm to attack The Emolga is swiftly sending a spray of static across the battlefield, Electricity arcing up towards each Pokemon as slacking lunges forward for its attack a ball of electricity focus around it's claw, striking scout with the ball of energy instead.

Wordlessly, The proctor withdrew his slaking back to its pokeball. Pressing the button on his buzzer he seemed stunned by what just happened before he finally replied. "Please return to the office, we'll be back with your results momentarily."​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Lucia and Mark- Just your everyday cliche morning

Mark woke right up from his bed and gave off a yawn. The message about Team Rocket hiding a bunch of presents caught his interest. He was sure the students would be searching around to find their gifts but he had to get ready for the day first! It was Christmas after all! He probly had gifts in the mail from his folks. Heck he had to ay hi to all of his friends! Mark shot up from bed and didn't waste any time to start getting ready! Mark rushed into the shower to get himself washed off! It was a very quick shower on top of that. Mark didn't want to waste any time! He'd need to dry off anyway before heading outside.

Lucia's own morning ritual was quite different. For starters she wasn't allowed to take a shower, as Tyro was quick to block off the area as he voiced his concern about if water would cause her interal circuits to fry up. She didn't know, but it sounded bad to her! Then came breakfast... well, not breakfast. more like hunking down next to the computer and browsing over a few programs. Finally it was time to go out! She gathered her belt and was about to head out wheeeeeen. "Oh! I forgot! Maaaark!" She called out. "Where are you?"

Mark meanwhile had just stepped out of the shower and basicly finished getting himself mostly dry. After wrapping a towel around himself, he stepped out of the bathroom to find change of clothes for himself.

Tyro felt the door moving behind him, so he moved out of the way as Lucia turned to happily wave at Mark. "Hey there! Ready to go? I'm ready! Everyone's ready!"

Mark blinked and quickly blushed. Ack! He almost forgot about her! "L-Luicia! Uh...." He paused a moment. "Gonna be a litlte bit before I'm ready to go Lucia. Eheh..." Mark said with a nervous grin.

Lucia floated there silently for a bit, "Oh, okay!" Her Polygon eyes lighted up. "I'll just wait right here then for you to finish." She said as she began to silently stare at him.

Mark just brushed brightly as Lucia started to start at him while he made his way to the Closet. It didn't make it any better that he was practicly naked. "L-lucia... " He said with a bit of a nervous look.

Lucia tilted her head, "What?" She floated closer, "You want to discuss something?"

Mark seemed a bit flustered now. Just what was she trying to pull? "I-I gotta get changed Lucia... you can't just... stare...!" Mark said as he took a step backwards.

Lucia tilted her head again, "Oh! That's right!" She nodded, "Well, go ahead." She said as she continued to float there.

She was still watching him. Mark took a step backwards. "Lucia you can't just watch me change! I'm a boy! I thought a lady knew better!" He wasn't sure how exactly to explain.

Lucia tilted her head a full one hundred and eighty degrees. "What do you mean?"

Mark just stared in awe at Lucia. "Ok... getting somewhere... your still here though! Look I-" Suddenly while Mark was moving around he felt something... drop onto the floor. Mark looked down to notice his towel had fallen right down. "..."

Lucia was silent. Tyro was silent. Everyone was silent. Tyro slapped a hand to his face as Lucia slowly backed away, "... I think you should dress up." She said as her neck twisted back around again, "Throwing towels on the floor is just so unruly. You should treat them with more respect."

"T-that's what your going to say?! You were the one just s-s-stareing!" Mark said in shock and embaressment.

Lucia huffed, "Fine. have it your way." She floated closer and used one fin arm to slap him across the face, "A boy should know how to treat a lady." With a huff she floated out of the room and closed the door behind her. Tyro sighed, "Get dressed. This day is just starting off amazingly." The Blaziken muttered out.

"You know you aren't really helping the matter..." Mark muttered as he reached. "Respect.... mngghh...good excuse..." Mark muttered as he walked over to the closet and pulled out his outfit to start getting changed. He then looked over to Tyro and just stared at him awkwardly. "Uh... do you mind?"

Tyro rolled his eyes, "Humans." He muttered to himself as he too walked out of the room. This was turning out to be a heck of a christmas... it may have been the worst way to start it! Couldn't possibly get worse then this though! He still had a whole day to go through! And it was christmas after all! The day of cheer! Mark got himself fully dressed and signaled Snype to follow him, who had just been idly watching the group. It was way too golden to just interupt! Mark put on his heavy black jacket and made his way out the door! "Comon Snype we got alot to do today." He said with a confident grin.

Lucia was waiting outside patiently, "We ready?" She asked.

Tyro nodded to Snype, "So... Chrimstmas and all." He muttered.

Snype nodded to Tyro. "Kehehe yup! Best time of the year! Its where loved ones get together, exchange gifts, kiss under the miseltoe, and just hang out! No work or anything serious like that! Kehehe"

Tyro frowned, "I hate Christmas."

Snype's jaw literally dropped. "Whaaaaaaaaatttt! How?"

Tyro frowned at him, "You try having a Christmas every year where you do nothing but work. I don't see what's so great about it."

"Work? Keheheh! You clearly have to spend some christmas time with us then! Me and Mark always know how to have fun this time of the year! And I have a prank that I save exclusively for it on top of that!" Snype smirked.

Tyro raised his brow, "... That sounds like it could land us all in jail."

Snype shook his head. "Nononononono! Its nothing like that! Kehehehe!" Snype smirked as he reached into Mark's bag and pulled out a... strange looking leaf. Possibly to Tyro's eyes anyways. "Kehehe, do you at least know what this is?"

Tyro frowned, "It looks like something that if flammable."

"first of all, don't you dare! Second, it's called a mistletoe! Kehehe! If two people get caught underneath it, they gotta kiss! Its tradition! Simple as that! Kehehe!" Snype joked. "The hard part is finding people who actually follow it sometimes."

Tyro was silent, "We had something like that back at the mansion. Most people don't kiss, though. It's just a silly decoration." Then, a smirk formed on his face, "So... that's your prank? That's the ingenious thing going on? I thought you ghost types at lest had some more creativity than that."

"Puhlease. You'd e surprised how many actually roll with it... its just harder over time but hey I manage to get one occasionally!

"Ooooh, occasionally." Tyro said, "Wow, that's so, amazing. Hell, a far better prank would be-" He stopped, then chuckled to himself, "Nah... I'm sure your plan will do alright with pranking one or two people."

"Keheheheh... I always have a backup plan either way! I already got someone to fall for it... kehe" Snype smirked.

Tyro raised his brow again, "Hm... interesting." He turned away, "Just keep Lucia and I out of your affairs. With Roberto out it falls to my position to be chief bodyguard. Do well to remember that."

Snype held the mistletoe up and quickly leaned in to suddenly smooch Tyro right on the cheek! "Kehehe! No promises my fellow prankee!" Snype said with a laugh

Tyro rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah, whatever."

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi: Road to Oak Town

Dalex had made some Kalosian Macarons the night before. He had packed all of them into a separate bag from his berries, but kept the bag the macarons were in, in the berry bag so that they would not spoil. He had went to the cafeteria and grabbed some breakfast from the serving area and he ate before anyone else had shown up. As he was leaving, few students were starting to come in. He figured a lot of them were sleeping in. He hoped to make friends today, maybe talk to some of the students he had watched battle a few nights ago. So far, it didn't feel like Christmas. I guess because he wasn't home and he didn't know anyone here. It was still really early though.

He exited the dorms completely and he walked to the road that would lead him to Oak Town. The snow was falling from the sky and he put an orange, sports hoody on that he had gotten in the mail from his parents a few days prior. He would be easier to move around in a hoody than a coat. He also wore a green scarf have Ariane had given him, one year for Christmas. He almost didn't fit him back them, but now it fit just about right. He had kept the scarf for a long time. He didn't know why, but he loved that scarf more than anything he had gotten that year. As far as he could tell, there wasn't a single spot not covered in snow. Even the road was covered, although slightly visible.

He started to stretch out. Pulling his feet up, behind his back one at a time. Bending one leg and going down toward the ground. He stretched his arms and rotated his neck.

"Hopefully I can run. The nurse said it should be ok in a few days, but she said nothing about running in snow. Not to mention it has been a very long time since I last ran in the snow." He told himself, testing his sprained ankle on the snow. It seemed fine to him.

As he got ready to run, he sensed someone looking at him. He didn't feel any malice, but it felt somewhat familiar, but he couldn't push it aside. Not to mention he was right next to the Lugia Dorm, which already had made him feel similar on his first day, but this time it felt different from his first day.

He shrugged, "Let's see... it takes about 30 minutes to get to Oak Town walking... I should be able to split the time in half. Man it has felt like age since I last ran. Then again, I would be running every day if I hadn't tried to save that girl. Still not even sure if it is really her. Everything could just be a coincidence. It still would have been nice if she had helped me, instead of just running away after the fall. Followed up by slamming the door in my face when I returned her dang book. Maybe I should just stop trying to help." He continued to talk to himself.

He looked around and relaxed when he seen that know one was around that he could see. He knew it would look odd if he was caught talking to himself. He his is stop watch on his C-Gear and started to walk away toward Oak Town, slowly gaining more and more speed until he was in a full run, about tn yard from his standing point. He didn't want to suddenly start running with his ankle.

Ariane Dracon: Near the Docks.

Ariane had stopped to sit under the protection of a tree after eating to draw another picture. This time, it was the ships at the docks with the snow on the ground and some Christmas Decorations on the sails and what not. There was also a Delabird flapping around, still decorating some of the docks, all of this while snowing. She was really happy to draw such a joyful scene. She smiled the whole time while drawing it.

She only had two more sheets left of drawing paper. She had already drawn a picture of herself, her uncle, Dalex and his parents in the woods, feeding berries to Tranquill and other forest pokemon. The time set for that picture was the year before Dalex left. She would have drawn everything this morning, but she wanted to save the last two sheets for her walk to Oak Town.

As she started to round the corner, she suddenly stopped. Seeing a boy in an orange hoody on the street. She stopped behind a tree and watched him through her glasses. Her heart sank when she realized it was a boy, but not just any boy, the same boy that had tried to save her in the mountains and the boy that she had slammed the door on after she had returned her book. She thought he had stolen it, but she came to notice how clean and taken care of it was. She had complained about the smallest amount of dust ever. The only thing she missed was her Braviary Feather, which was from her uncle.

As she listened to him talk to herself, she felt incredibly bad. He had sprained his ankle because of her and then when he returned the book, she slammed the door in his face. She bit her lip and started to walk forward, but he stopped and looked around. It made her jump and she quickly hid again. She lost her breath from the scare and she slid down on the ground against to tree, putting her blue jacket, tightly around her. By the time she looked again, he was gone. She put her drawing pad to her head.

"This is all your fault father. I can't even stay calm when a guys looks at me." She said, taking a deep breath. She got up and started to walk toward Oak Town. Her hatred to her father didn't stop her good mood. She continued to enjoy her walk to Oak Town.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Valorie Ryder - School Grounds
(Joint Post with Gelius3)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gelius woke up early. He had taken care of himself, and fed his pokemon already. Basically, Sneasel was training his writing, as Gelius teached him to do so. Once he and his pokemon were ready, he finally stepped out of the dorm.

Valorie was faced with the odd sensation of... not needing to tend to her looks in the morning. She had so much free time now that she was not-so-secretly a gross monster! Er... She attempted to take her form again, her memory doing her no more favors than it had the last time. This resulted in the somewhat doll-like something-isn't-quite-right-here idealized version of herself that had appeared in the tournament. ...Well, it was better than nothing anyway. Besides, she had a feeling something that would fix all of this was waiting for her just outside. Valorie exited her room and entered the suicune dorm commons, eager to recieve her yearly presents only to find...

They were gone, and a rather obnoxious message was being played over the loudspeaker. "...No." she murmured, her temper flaring. S-Seriously? Who even stole something like that? She turned tail and stormed out of the dorm, decidedly set on how to spend her holiday. It was time to hunt down some presents.

Gelius slowly exited his dorm, silent as the night he entered the academy... Which was yesterday... Which, now talking about it, perhaps some people would be wondering how someone joins at a so late time. To his surprise, he found a girl storming out of a dorm. Lombre and Sneasel were wondering what was happening. Though Pichu... The first thing he did was run towards her.

Pichu ran towards the girl, stopping in front of her, trying to say hello.

Valorie stopped in her tracks as something tiny scurried up to her, distracted by the sudden movements. Was that a bug..? No, wait--She recognized those colors. Pika... Not quite Pikachu. But... "Oh--Hello." she blurted out, watching the pichu carefully.

Gelius walked over the female, and picked the Pichu up, holding it in his arms. Sneasel writes on the paper: "Sorry for the inconvinience." It was written. Sneasel showed it to the girl.

Valorie took the paper, looking it over. She just sot of glanced betwixt Gelius and his pokemon, unsure of who to talk to. "It's... alright. Were the presents stolen from your dorm too?" she asked, particularly aimed at Gelius.

Gelius shrugged, as Sneasel wrote on the paper. "We only arived last night." It was written. Sneasel gave to Valorie.

Valorie once again accepted the paper, rather awkwardly this time. "Uh..." she began, turning her full attention to Gelius' sneasel. "Some jerks showed up and stole all of our stuff. I was just on my way to try and track them down." she explained, gesturing with a roll of her shoulder down the hall.

Sneasel started writing. "Maybe we can help?" It was written. He gave it to Valorie afterwards.

Valorie took the paper for a third time. She supposed this boy couldn't speak, or something. Ah well. "...Yeah, sure!" she replied, glancing over her shoulder. "Let's go to the main office to investigate." she suggested. She wasn't entirely sure where to start, but if they'd sent that message over the intercom they must've been in the main office at some point. Right? Valorie turned and beckoned for the others to follow.

Gelius simply followed silently. He wasn't sure what was happening, but at least he found someone nicer than his old school mates. Perhaps she could be a friend... A word that Gelius hasn't thought about for a long time ago.

Valorie led Gelius along, not paying too much mind. The sooner they got their presents back, the sooner she could get back to enjoying the holidays. I mean... What was a holiday without presents? A day off of school to spend time with your friends and pokemon? Pfft... ...That actually sounded kind of nice! Regardless, this present in particular meant a lot to her. The two would arrive at the main office, and to the site of a large hole in the floor behind the main desk. "...Huh." Valorie remarked. Wonder where the crooks went!

Gelius simply shrugged and jumped in the hole. His three Pokemon followed him, as with a movement of hands, Gelius mentioned to Valorie to follow.

Valorie sighed gently. She sure hoped this tunnel wasn't like a mile long. ...As she descended into the tunnel, she began to notice it was rather dark down there. Oh right. Criminals didn't make their tunnels safe. Huh. Well, best not stay too long!

Gelius simply walked in the tunnnel, picking some pieces of present paper.

Valorie squinted. Was that a break in the tunnel..? Yes, yes it was. The tunnel surfaced not far outside of the academy into a snow covered area. Several sets of footsteps went off in various directions, with about four different sets going in one particular direction. "...I'm so not dressed for this weather" Valorie mused aloud. In spite of the mini skirt, she was still a monster on the inside. That'd have to keep her warm, for now.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi: Oak Town

About 30 minutes later, he arrived in Oak Town. He had to stop running half way because of his ankle. He had almost hurt it once again by stepping on an icy patch. He took a break on a bench and put his head down, looking toward the ground. He couldn't run, not yet. He had a few tears flow down his cheek from a mixture of pain and anger that he couldn't run. But the tears stopped within a few seconds. He reached down at some snow on the ground, picking a small amount up. He pressed it into his face, mainly around his eyes. And his face returned to normal. It no longer looked like he had been crying. It was something he used if he had gotten hurt while running in the around Fortree and Mistralton. He had taught a few people how to do it, to mask that they had been crying so that they weren't picked on. You could use water for it, but snow was the better option, second best being cold water.

He walked through the streets of the the snow covered Oak Town. Windows to houses were open in places and inside he could see kids opening presents. This made him miss his parents and friends from his hometowns. He smiled at one child who was looking at him. The child smiled back and waved.

After a few more minutes, he arrived at the store where he had gotten his camera. The store looked like it was closed. So he knocked. After a few seconds, a man came to the door and quickly unlocked it.

"Oh its you! So you finally got the ok to walk again?" The man asked.

"Yes sir. I am sorry that I haven't been able to make it to work. I guess someone told you?" Dalex asked.

"Yeah Gary Oak sent a report out and notified everyone about the injuries. I will be honest, I didn't think you would come back. Especially on a day like this."

"I just wanted to let you know as soon as possible. I have some more money to pay, but it still doesn't cover it all." Dalex announced.

"Actually about that. It was payed off."

"Wait what? It was payed off? By who?" Dalex asked.

"Not sure. A family came in the other day and asked if you worked here. The man had apparently overheard us the other day when you got the camera. He came in and payed everything you owed off for protecting his child and helping other when the battle got out of hand the other night."

"Oh. I have to thank him. He shouldn't have done that. Do you mind if I help out here every now and then? I feel that I should still help you when I can." Dalex asked.

"Sure! I can always use some extra help." The man looked outside. "Oh give me a second. I have a loyal customer coming in. Probably to buy her normal stuff. I figured it be soon." The man said as he went to the back.

Dalex looked behind him and he saw a blond girl with glasses coming in. He knew who it was instantly, but decided to turn away. He knew something was going on with her, but she looked happy today and he didn't want to stop her happiness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ariane Dracon: Oak Town.

Ariane had walked through the town. Other people were starting to get out and walk to other houses and what not. She noticed that the whole down was decorated in a winter wonderland and stalls were starting to go up, selling Christmas oriented stuff. Candy and Cookies were being sold.

The town itself started to come alive, making her even happier. Today had probably been the best day of her life. Her parents had always treated her like an outsider. Her uncle was the only true family she had. Some of her friends had been nice, but not family. She walked into the store. Which was open already. She would usually have to wait a few minutes, but for one reason or another, it was already open.

"Ah Ariane! I was wondering when you would show up. Started to worry me a bit. I already have everything that you would normally buy. This is on the house today though. Consider it a gift. There is also a few books that you don't have yet. I think you wanted info on the Kalos and Alola Region. So just read those books."

Ariane smiled at the man. This was one of the few men she trusted on the island. She had also bought a few books, but didn't have the money and had to work for the rest. She took the bag from the man, "Thank you sir! And yes not much is known of the Alola Region at the moment, but I would love to study any flying type pokemon from it."

"Speaking of flying types, how is the war against that Pidgey going? Have you caught it yet?"

"No sir. It is still on going. I have yet to catch it."

"I get the feeling you will soon, but you should catch it before it evolves, or it will become harder to do so. And how about the punks?" The man asked.

"I haven't seen them for a while. Which gives me hope that they stopped. It would be a blessing." Ariane said.

"Good. You said you were from Mistralton right?"

"Yes sir, why? if I may ask." Ariane asked.

"Well not long ago, there was a student also from Mistralton here. I am sure the student is around still. is around still. But they seem to have left already."

"Really? I didn't see anyone. But I do wonder if I know them. If they are my age, then we should have lived in Mistralton at the same time. But I currently don't remember my Uncle saying that someone was coming here." Ariane said.

"When I see the student again, I will say something. I must organize stuff more so forgive me. I kinda opened a little too soon. I want to store to look nice for today before customers start coming in."

"Yes sir! Thanks again for the stuff! I will put them to good use. I really want to travel in Alola one day once I am done here. I only have one more year after this year I think." Ariane said, waving bye, "Happy Christmas!"

"Same to you Ariane!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dalex Yukashi: Oak Town

Dalex had snuck out while Ariane had been talking to the man who worked the store. The man seemed to know that he was trying to get out. So he distracted her a bit more. After she left, he went back in.

"Sorry about that." Dalex said.

"No worries. You must know she is afraid of most males then if you wanted to get out."

"Actually no I didn't. That is one of the main reasons I wanted to talk to you again. Why is she afraid of male?" Dalex asked.

"You are form Mistralton as well. Do you know her?"

"Yeah. We used to be close friends when I was about six. She went returned to Pokewood, but before she got back, we had already moved. Back in Hoenn, her uncle and her came to visit, but at the time, I had been attacked by a Grumpig and was in a deep sleep for a while. Which is why I am not a fan of psychic time pokemon. But they had already left by the time I woke."

"Then you haven't heard much about what happened after you left then. Let me quickly explain." The man said.

The man explained to Dalex why Ariane didn't trust males. He learned about her parents and the boy who left her when a Skorupi attacked her, almost killing her from its poison. As the man explained, they decorated the store in festival cheer.

"Now she has an unknown group stalking her. She has been to afraid to tell the teachers and told me while she worked her. They have been stalking her ever since she said she wanted to be a Sky Master Trainer. Similar to you am I right?" The man said.

"Yeah I guess it is just a love that the kids of Mistralton and Fortree have. Thank you for telling me. I actually helped her in the mountains the other day, which is what caused me to hurt my ankle. I returned the sketch pad she dropped, but that didn't go very well. That is when I learned that it was her. Especially with the picture with the Grumpig and a boy. Along with a man and a girl that was my age at the time." Dalex said.

"Haha. That picture is probably her favorite out of everything she has drawn. I guess everything is connected. You need to help her Dalex. She can't be afraid of males all the time, and I think you might be the only one to break that fear. It may take a while, but she needs you. I fear that the people stalking her will appear again today. And this time, I think they will reveal themselves."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because, I over heard them the other day. Some kids don't know how to not say anything. They are a group of flying pokemon trainers. They aren't very strong and I know that they seem to love her parents' work."

"Ok. I will try to talk to her today. Happy Christmas!"

"Same to you! And thanks for the help. Decorations are complete, so I can open now! I will see if I have anything I can give you as well Dalex. If I do, I will send it to your dorm!"

"Alright thanks!"

With that, Dalex walked out of the store and snow had started to fall and the streets were alive with joy. He was finally caught up with everything that had happened to his friend after he moved. And now, he could reunite with her. He wondered if she had ever read the note that he had written her before he moved away.

Back