• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite generation?

SamThePokeBro

SamThePokeBro
Years
What's your fave generation of Pokemon guys? For me I would have to say 2nd followed by 1st, 4th then 3rd. 7th was okay and I haven't played the other 2 yet!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
DiamondTitle.png
PearlTitle.png

Years
Gens 3 and 4 are my favourites!

Also moving this over to PGC since it seems to be referencing Pokemon Gaming more.

Last edited:

dannymusic

The Smiling Trombonist
Years
Gen III is my favorite. It's the generation I was best at competitively, and I very much appreciate how the aesthetics and mechanics introduced in Gen III shaped the direction of the series as it translated to the more advanced systems. Plus, the Battle Frontier in Emerald was amazing!

Years
  • Seen today
I have a favourite game(s), favourite region and respective Pokémon. But I don't think I have a favourite generation. What defines a generation? Started with Red/Blue and my favourite game is FireRed/LeafGreen. I like Kanto and Johto, but not Hoenn and everything else. I would hardly call Gen III and all that it encompasses my favourite.

Years
Makes me real happy to see people say V, since it is mine as well. Very important to me. Closely followed by III and then II, but I love all of the gens still....<3

Years
Undoubtedly third generation, it was my first and I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in those games over countless playthroughs, plus Emerald and FRLG are my top two favourite Pokemon games. After that it would have to be 2nd or 6th gen, really had a lot of fun with those generations as well!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
2nd Generation all the way. I love the pokemon, the region, and the games altogether. I live and breathe Johto.

blue

gucci
Years
4th gen is my all time favourite (mainly for DPPT) but then close behind are 7th and 3rd gens which for me are evenly matched.

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Gen III, closely followed by Gen IV. I always enjoy going back to both these Gens more than any other.

GymShorts

Snipers Get More Head
Years
Well even though I have played Pokemon all the way from the beginning and Red was my first game I got from a school friend on a stiffy disk with a most complicated emulator.It was Johto that did it for me.I got my first Gameboy color and Pokemon Silver 19 years ago and from there the rest is history.Just bought Silver VC again and damn when I stepped into Violet City the memories just came flooding back so hard.I just stood in the town for like 30 minutes and listened to the theme tune.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
My favorite generation would have to be IV. I'm biased, though, because it's the generation I largely grew up on.

HeartGold and SoulSilver still remain my favorite entries in the series and I put countless hours into them. I have so many memories of playing with friends on the weekends and discovering new secrets together. (We didn't know how online walkthroughs worked back then.)

Back