• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I didn't. That's because it's made up of about 30-40 small hacks each doing their individual little thing. Honestly, it's simply not feasible to give out the code for it. If you're wanting formes, you'll just need to wait til I've released the 649 Patch.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Hey does anyone knows How can I add new moves to a pokemon's moveset without replacing the old one? For eg. I want to add Giga Drain to Venusaur's moveset without replacing any old move. I tried YAPE and Poke Edit Pro but they can't do that.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey does anyone knows How can I add new moves to a pokemon's moveset without replacing the old one? For eg. I want to add Giga Drain to Venusaur's moveset without replacing any old move. I tried YAPE and Poke Edit Pro but they can't do that.

You have to delete some moves from other Pokemon so you will have spaces do that to Pokemon you don't plan using on your hack since you only have a limited number of moves to give to all the Pokemon.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
You have to delete some moves from other Pokemon so you will have spaces do that to Pokemon you don't plan using on your hack since you only have a limited number of moves to give to all the Pokemon.

The problem is that my hack is a 386 hack and I plan on improving all the pokemons.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Hey everyone!
I started scripting 4 years ago(!) when I was working on a hack, but ended up leaving it because of other issues.
I'm back and trying to work on a new hack with my girlfriend, and I'm trying to remember how to script.
Here is my script:
Spoiler:

and I think it looks good, and I think I compiled it right, but when I go in game I get nothing when I click on the mailbox. I don't know if there was a problem compiling it or putting the offset in AdvanceMap (the dynamic offset in the script and the AdvanceMap script are the same). Can someone help me out? I also am not sure about how to properly compile, I just batch compile each time and it says it gets saved. Help!

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Hey everyone!
I started scripting 4 years ago(!) when I was working on a hack, but ended up leaving it because of other issues.
I'm back and trying to work on a new hack with my girlfriend, and I'm trying to remember how to script.
Here is my script:
Spoiler:

and I think it looks good, and I think I compiled it right, but when I go in game I get nothing when I click on the mailbox. I don't know if there was a problem compiling it or putting the offset in AdvanceMap (the dynamic offset in the script and the AdvanceMap script are the same). Can someone help me out? I also am not sure about how to properly compile, I just batch compile each time and it says it gets saved. Help!

The part of your script I bolded goes after the green part, and the orange stuff are things that I think is wrong. Red are changes I made. Look at the spoiler in the quote for the script.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
The part of your script I bolded goes after the green part, and the orange stuff are things that I think is wrong. Red are changes I made. Look at the spoiler in the quote for the script.
OK, and the call thing opens up the give nickname screen

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Ohhh, I see what you're doing. Don't you need an "8" before the offset though?
I'm honestly not sure. I just tried to make the script as close I could as the one in diegoisawesome's tutorial.
Also I tried the script and I got a fanfare, but no message popped up and it doesn't say I got the Pokemon.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Try something like this:
Spoiler:

I just decompiled and cropped one of my older scripts which was similar. Remember to fill in the orange (and change the pointers).

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Ok, so I just went in and did a simple little message script and tried to put it into to see if it's my scripting that's the problem, but this one won't work either. I think the issue is how I put in the script. Here's what I do:
1. Go to FSF and find the next Offset.
2. Go to XSE, and open my ROM
3. Put the offset into the little space that says 'offset' and has a small text box to put it in
4. Script
5. Save script as a .rbc
6. Batch compile the script into the ROM. When it saves, it has each part of the script that starts with "@" and has a different offset for each
7. I go into advancemap, and place the offset next to the @start into the part of advancemap that says script offset
8. Save, patch, run ROM

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Ok, so I just went in and did a simple little message script and tried to put it into to see if it's my scripting that's the problem, but this one won't work either. I think the issue is how I put in the script. Here's what I do:
1. Go to FSF and find the next Offset.
2. Go to XSE, and open my ROM
3. Put the offset into the little space that says 'offset' and has a small text box to put it in
4. Script
5. Save script as a .rbc
6. Batch compile the script into the ROM. When it saves, it has each part of the script that starts with "@" and has a different offset for each
7. I go into advancemap, and place the offset next to the @start into the part of advancemap that says script offset
8. Save, patch, run ROM

Woah, that's ancient lol. Download the new XSE and just use #dynamic 0x800000 instead of doing steps 1-7. You should get something like this:

1h8lg8.png

Take note of the highlighted @start offset. Insert it into advance map (with the "$" before it). If you still can't get it to work, I'm sure there are videos of the same process on youtube or something.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Woah, that's ancient lol. Download the new XSE and just use #dynamic 0x800000 instead of doing steps 1-7. You should get something like this:

1h8lg8.png

Take note of the highlighted @start offset. Insert it into advance map (with the "$" before it). If you still can't get it to work, I'm sure there are videos of the same process on youtube or something.
Alright! Just downloaded 1.1.1, put in a simple script and got it the simple script to work! Thanks a lot! I'll try again using the other simplish script, then go for the one I put here. Thanks for all your help!

EDIT: Just got the givepokemon script to work also! Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Very quick question :)
Is there any way to edit the attacks a pokémon learns through move tutor? E.g. I replace the move-tutor-move for the softboiled-tutor with fire punch (with Hack Mew's Move Tutor Editor)
How can I change which pokémon can learn these attacks?
Thanks in advance :)

(Some other small questions:
What bytes do i have to change if I want the regional pokédex in fire red contain pokémon 1-252?
Nothing more at the moment :) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back