• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Mewtwo in the anime

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
I've been a fan of Mewtwo for years and I like to think of him as a good guy because he started out as a bad guy in Mewtwo Strikes Back until the movie's ending. And he was one of the good guys in Mewtwo Returns, especially the time when Ash Ketchum was aiding Mewtwo in battle against Giovanni. I wonder if he will make a comeback in the anime. What do you think?

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
He's supposed to appear in the Genesect movie, I believe.

I really think that he'll only stay in movies, though.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
To be frank though, Mewtwo makes a LOT of Cameos in the Pokemon movies, so it's a fair question.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Okay, so I'll just have to wait until the English dub of the movie with Genesect arrives.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gonna send this to Pokemon Anime. Since Mewtwo is basically a character I'll put it there, feel free to move it to the overarching forum if you disagree Kenshin!

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
I just realized something. Mewtwo reminds me of Godzilla in several ways:

1. Both characters started out as antagonists, and later anti-heroes.
2. Both went on a destructive rampage.
3. Both are mutants.
4. As a hero, Godzilla takes on many enemy monsters (i.e. King Ghidorah, Gigan, Megalon, and MechaGodzilla) while Mewtwo may take on Genesect in the 16th movie "ExtremeSpeed Genesect."

What else do Mewtwo and Godzilla have in common?

Digital Eevee

Team Digi-Eon
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Mewtwo was played brilliantly in the first movie.
Starts out with the scientist going "What happens when we create the most powerful being alive and give it free will?" To which Mewtwo answers by promptly blowing everything and killing everybody.
Mewtwo was in a few episodes of the anime before leading up to the first movie, Even gave Gary a royal kickin', But you only saw him while he was wearing his armour.

Back