• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPChallenge: February *WINNERS*

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

RPChallenge
February Edition

Welcome to our latest, monthly RPChallenge! Since it's been a long time since the RPOs, and many of our current users weren't around to experience it, I will be posing RPChallenges on a monthly basis. These challenges are short, require only one post and will be voted on by helpful members – the winner will receive a shiny new emblem and a one-time HTML usertitle!

This event will last until 21st February, judging will then take place!​

>>> CHALLENGE!

This week's challenge doesn't involve a separate writing piece, instead it is up to you to nominate a character you have created who is currently being used in a PokéCommunity Roleplay.

By the Friday 21st February you must link the following pieces of evidence to show off your characters:
  • A completed sign-up.
  • An introductionary post (first post you make in a roleplay).
  • An example of your character interacting with a friend or enemy.

>>> RULES!

• Your character must be currently active (made at least one post between 1st February and 21st February) but could have been introduced before this month.
  • Your character must be yours, not inherited from another writer, or based on an existing character.
  • Include the above pieces of evidence as links in a single post which includes your username and your characters name.
  • Pose any questions, queries, etc. in this thread or VM/PM me directly.

>>> JUDGING!

In order to rank the entries, at the end of the period, I need one more volunteer judges. Unfortunately, judges are unable to take part in this event, sorry!

Judge 1: Magic
Judge 2: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Judge 3: TD
Judge 4: SV

Judges will give entries a mark out of 10 for their sign up and a mark out of 10 for the portrayal of this character in the roleplay posts. Judges are also asked to provide a small piece of written feedback for each participant.

Let the games begin!

Last edited:

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Username: Colony

Character: Zane Reav from Vale Institute of Magic

SU: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7913962&postcount=6

Initial Post (For Zane): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7938448&postcount=51

Example of Interaction (These all make up one giant joint post): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8074348&postcount=121
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8074348&postcount=122
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8074348&postcount=123

I would list even more interaction, but that would just be excessive since there's already a wall of interaction above. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Yep that's fine :) Can you ask the poster to add a credit somewhere on the post, just to show you wrote your share of the JP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It'll probably make sense if most entries are put in just before feb 21st, since you might not have posted a lot with your active character yet now. :]

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Aww lol all my favorite characters are inactive XD maybe i should rejoin a few rps but yeah ill dtill probably join this one XD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
A few people have asked me, just to clarify:

You must provide the evidence by 21st February. That means you can write posts between now and then and include them.

Likewise you can submit a character that has not yet started IC, as long as they meet the requirements by the end :).

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I present my favourite character, Oakley North!!

Spoiler:

Years
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So, I'm kind of confused after seeing Skymin's post - does this mean that we don't have to use posts from this month then?

The characters have to be active this month - but the posts you link may be from any time :).

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
Alas! The RPs I wanted to participate in earlier I had to vacate due to the military :/

Good luck to you all though. I'll be back for next months challenge!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Uhm... I think I would need to create a whole new character for this. I have Lucina who is basically Lucina from the FE:A game, Madison who has Kurisu's appearence, Luna who has the appearence of one of the characters from Date A Live and Lacy who's appearence will soon be Katarina from FE:A as well... Then there are Nami and Ryuu who are simply not suitable for this I think because one is a Vampire and the other one is a dragon xD

... I'll just give it a try and nominate Nami.

Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki:

Sign-up: [link]
Introduction post: [link]
Interacting with a friend: [link]

Years
I'm editing my post to use a different character, I hope this is okay and I'm going to be using a JP too but I can get Aques and Lokie to vouch for my taking part if I need to.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Last 5 days or so now - make sure your entries are complete by Friday! Remember there is still time to enter.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Please finish up your applications :) I will close it later today, around 9pm GMT.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I am going to try and sneak in and see what happen. I am presenting Nathaniel Calaway from firelordyago and Skymin's Atlantis Arising.

I present him in a bit of a narrative fashion in the spoiler, telling a little story of my adventures with Nate throughout the RP. I also am putting out a lot of post examples (they are hyperlinked throughout the post because I am being fancy), only because they are several posts I actually like. Which is saying a lot from a self imposing critic like myself.

Spoiler:

And there he is. Thank you for you consideration.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Judges have been PM'd so I'm going to lock this for the time being - thanks for your entries, people!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

CONGRATULATIONS: Skymin and firelordyago!
Winners of RPChallenge - February

Prizes: Congratulatory Emblem, one-time HTML usertitle

Please PM me for more details about your usertitle. :) All contestants will receive a PM shortly showing them the overall scores - there aren't many comments this time, and not everybody has one, so it'll just be numbers. Thank you for participating! RPChallenge March will be slightly delayed and arrive in a few weeks.​

Back