• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeh

Former ROM Hacker
Years
I wanna help with mapping. I can also help with wild pokemon appearances, basic texting, and some OW editing

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
wow, this hack looks like somthin good. so how are you going o do the orange islands? are you going to do it like in pkmn naranja? well i hope it goes well and you find a good team (unlike me and my hack) XD
and are you still taking trainer reservations? cause that would be really cool if i were in a game.
well good luck
~spaceboy~

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
But I wonder what happens if you fish/fly/cycle and run?

Maybe pikachu could grab onto your back when its flying, running, and cycling, and maybe just looking around when you are fishing.All you'd have to do is change the sprite right?
i really don't know what to say about this hack...
in my honest opinion it looks really good and bad at the same time.
I'm not going to mention the back sprite but the "new" mapping is not that good because i saw a waterfall without any mountain tiles around it, which seems like tiling errors to me.
I think the bulbasaur script and new pikachu cry seem really good, but i was wondering if the script gives you bulbasaur only after beating Cerulean gym, or are you still working on it?
anyways, i hope you work on whats needed and actually move some stuff around.
it may be a remake, but it doesn't have to be exactly the same.
Best of luck Dragoon3 and the helpers!

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Maybe pikachu could grab onto your back when its flying, running, and cycling, and maybe just looking around when you are fishing.All you'd have to do is change the sprite right?
i really don't know what to say about this hack...
in my honest opinion it looks really good and bad at the same time.
I'm not going to mention the back sprite but the "new" mapping is not that good because i saw a waterfall without any mountain tiles around it, which seems like tiling errors to me.
I think the bulbasaur script and new pikachu cry seem really good, but i was wondering if the script gives you bulbasaur only after beating Cerulean gym, or are you still working on it?
anyways, i hope you work on whats needed and actually move some stuff around.
it may be a remake, but it doesn't have to be exactly the same.
Best of luck Dragoon3 and the helpers!
Thanks, we really appreciate comments like these.

dragoon3, he made a point. You NEED mountain tiles around the waterfall, otherwise it doesn't look good, it's a tiling error, and you would be able to access it from land.

Yeah... So there ya go!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Thanks, we really appreciate comments like these.

dragoon3, he made a point. You NEED mountain tiles around the waterfall, otherwise it doesn't look good, it's a tiling error, and you would be able to access it from land.

Yeah... So there ya go!

I'll fix that. Soon. Maybe along with the Ash back-sprite.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
There are problems with the starter pokemon it seems...

EDIT: Yeah, I found another tiling error...

caveerror.png

Look at where I circled. There is no ridge to the land here.

Last edited:

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
haha, so does this hack have the same plot as fire red just different pokemon and starters and orange islands....? oh and where does the beta end?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
haha, so does this hack have the same plot as fire red just different pokemon and starters and orange islands....? oh and where does the beta end?

Well, it's partly supposed to be related to FR/LG. It's a yellow REMAKE. Yellow = almost same as R/B. I'm just making the remake more different than the original was to R/B. And the beta? Didn't I state that on the first post?

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Well, it's partly supposed to be related to FR/LG. It's a yellow REMAKE. Yellow = almost same as R/B. I'm just making the remake more different than the original was to R/B. And the beta? Didn't I state that on the first post?
To be more precise, this is a hack of FireRed. Yellow is a old game in black and white for the Gameboy. It's where you're some hybrid of Ash Ketchum going on a journey with a Pikachu following you around in Kanto(The region of FireRed/LeafGreen and Red/Blue). So, this is supposed to be based on that game.(Yellow) Oh, and the BETA goes for the entire Kanto Region, except he hasn't scripted past Vermillion(If I'm up to date on things that is) so he doesn't reccomend you play past it. As mapper of the game, I don't reccomend it either. I hope this awnsers your questions. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back